It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lucifer our Friend?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

TextBefore the fall, this was his task as apart of above. He took it too far (wanted to tempt and rule above), and thus he was cast out. So, this is correct in the sense of before, but not current day.
reply to post by jhill76

Good point jhill76. Another question I have is -- Was this angel cast out of heaven after Adam, before Adam or same time as Adam? I guess what I really mean is, did this angel live along with Adam as a neighbor ?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

TextWhy do you think he's called the bringer of light? Light, as in seeing, learning...how else do you learn, but from making mistakes?
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks for answering my question Afterlinfity. Never thought of it that way.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Good point jhill76. Another question I have is -- Was this angel cast out of heaven after Adam, before Adam or same time as Adam? I guess what I really mean is, did this angel live along with Adam as a neighbor ?

He was cast before Adam, but still could hold council with Father on a limited basis to speak. He was allowed to live on Earth, yes. But, when Jesus died, he was sent away from the Earth.

John 12:30-31 30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by flashtrum

Scientology is still faith of a sort, because it still doesn't explain everything.

That's why it gets lumped up with the rest of the religions - because parts of it are still based on faith that yes, science will answer any and all questions regarding the cosmos and our being here in due time.

I'm not sure I can agree with you that Scientology is based on science and science finding the answers. It was made up by a guy who wrote science fiction - and isn't there a story about the evil alien Xenu - sure the celebs that are interviewed on this laugh it off, but it was originally part of the cornerstone of the religion. Signing an 8 Billion year pledge to be what is probably a monk's life? That's not science. That's nutty.

Why do you have to be "audited" (and pay for that) and only "advance" when you pay additional money? I'll give L. Ron this much - he knew the key to his wealth and his "beliefs" being spread was to make sure celebs were front and center members. Cha-ching.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity, some of us are still interested in where you got your information on the name "Jesus" meaning "God is the Way".

Here's Votan's original request:

I thought it meant savior or God saves ... savior... where do you get "God is the way" where did you get this from anyways...

The name Jesus actually derives from the word Jeebleeznus which when translated by ancient Absurdistianian texts and truly means "to follow the way of the warmest bread".

This is why today, if you truly understand the ancient Absurdistany beliefs, you are supposed to get all of life's deepest answers from your Toaster Oven, son of Toaster and spirit of "The Big Oven". Cleanse thy toaster oven of sinful crumbs, and all will be forgiven. We will ride on the new Absurdistinian planet, and absolutely must be cleansed of sinful crust prior to 12/21/12. HEAR IT. KNOW IT. LOVE IT.

TOYNBEE. Look it up. Resurrect Dead on Planet Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

TextHe was cast before Adam, but still could hold council with Father on a limited basis to speak. He was allowed to live on Earth, yes. But, when Jesus died, he was sent away from the Earth.
reply to post by jhill76

Thanks again jhill76 -- Had never heard that explained before --

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I couldn't stop laughing the whole time I read that post. My hat goes off to you, sir. Marvelously played.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

One man does not define an entire faith. Regardless of this man's methods, scientology is not purely foolish nor evil.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by robhines

We are all equal as humans, but we were not first causes. God is. Everything after that is a part of creation.

I can understand what you mean. At the same time though I think our essence is the same thing, and that any of us has the opportunity to return to being equal to God if we're able to do that. That we come from God, and that any of us can become that again, in a similar way that a kid who's equal as a being to an adult, can grow up to become an adult. (it's just that we're so deluded it's very rare we do actually grow up properly. We don't naturally progress like we should do any more.) So yeah, we're not currently equal, again, in mindset, but we can be. The chances are small with the way things are, but I think it can be done.
edit on 8-7-2012 by robhines because: typo

Could be Rob.

The interesting thing about that is that those who seem to see this are most likely to be people who are profoundly impacted by dualism. Their own selves being deeply polarized, or extremely onesided in their personality.

Perhaps being profoundly capable of handling dualism allows someone to perceive a greater truth. So the path to understanding it is through acceptance and questioning it at the same time.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Oh satan will be your very best friend illuminated with beauty and light, until that is he has no use for you. Then the torture and utter hell begins. He is hatred and the father of lies. This fallen angel has hated man from the inception of our creation.

We usurped his place with the Love of our FATHER and his vast ego and all consuming selfish vanity rebelled in hatred. He wanted at the very least to be the one and only adored of G-d until the day that his pure hated jealousy wanted to usurp G-d HIMSELF and in this hatred he has plotted for our destruction ever since.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
lucifer/hele is just a metaphor so a caveman can understand a phenomenon in physics.

say you have a flashlight, you turn it on and light beams out of the flashlight.

one may entertain the idea that the flashlight, not the light was hele the lightbearer or

one may visualize that the flashlight is a creative deity and the light that escapes or flashes out of the flashlight was "rebellious" escaped its source ie. however you want to conceptualize this phenom.

some imagine that lucifer/helel was the first "wife" of the father and she left him.

some imagine that lucifer is the missing female part of the creative equation that the male dominated priesthoods deny her and demonize her.

others visualize that lucifer is like the brake to the locomotive or use another metaphor.

i would say that lucifer is just a concept and not an actual, real, thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Hindu athiest philosophy that everything is based on dualism of matter and consciousness bound by desire.

The way to enlightenment comes through yoga, or samkhya.

Can you date samkhya to coming after Babylon, lion?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

That post only makes sense if you believe in time travel.

edit on 12-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Samkhya is a very interesting topic.

Per buybull believers, the fellows who complied the bybaal and the words of the bible I go to genesis/bere#e:

g-d tell adam and eve about the fruit and it is written
"in the day that ye eat of it ye shall surely die"

satan says per the scripture about the fruit
"you will not die and it will make you like the gods"

per the story eve follows the serpents instruction adam then eats also and lets see what g-d says;
" their eyes are opened they are now like the gods" and I will add...adam and eve did not die that day.

So using the bible as our guide we see that 1. g-d lied and 2. satan told the truth.

And this is right in the first book of the series so using modern legal procedural thought one may determine that....the rest of the book has been discredited by its own words especially from the viewpoint of being inspired by a perfect righteous g-d right from the start.

I rest my case.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

And yet, eventually you die. So your interpretation there might be a bit suspect.

No death, no life. No knowledge, no death, no life. You want to live? You take knowledge. You choose knowledge, you choose life, you choose to die. You hate creation and life? Then you hate knowledge. You hate God because you hate creation, but hate that God said not to eat knowledge?

Then you get those who think that creation is evil. But those same people often hate God, and hate this story of God suggesting you'll live, and die with knowledge. So which is it? Do they agree with the suggestion you not take knowledge and therefore never live? Or do they hate creation, which is an act of life which came by taking knowledge?

I find the whole thing sort of amusing. The people who dislike the story and the set up should then agree with God's suggestion to not take knowledge? And so it goes around and around like ouroboros - the snake that encircles the World and is the end and the beginning.

Maybe I'm easily amused by the ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
perhaps the gnostics are correct in saying that the immature creator of this planet just imagines itself to be the highest power and ignores the higher deities from whence it came to be.

or satan is god when god doesnt want to be the good boy and figures since the humans dont know any better i will "create" a scapegoat to distract them away from my alter ego.

god has a split personality.

or as some gnostics and qabalists agree yaldabaoth/ariel/samael after rising up from the waters of this planet upon his birth looked at the water saw his own reflection and went nuts, becoming partially self aware yet at the same time thought he had a twin.

no matter I am an atheist but I use the term "IF" god is real and man is made in his image then we like he are all farked up.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join