It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner: I Can’t Make You Love Romney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I Can't make You Love Romney

“The American people probably aren’t going to fall in love with Mitt Romney.” Boehner suggested that outside of his friends, family, and fellow Mormons, most of the Republican presidential candidate’s votes would come from Obama haters

So thats it than, It really is ANYONE but Him... Thats the best the Republicans can do...

Ive said it from the start, Romney is Kerry all over again.

Down to the exact same strategy, of any one but Bush.

As the dem saw, it didn't work than, so...

Why would the Reps do it... Unless they are in it as a token fight.

Obama will win, weather we want it or not.

Its all a game for us to watch and fight over while the real decisions have long ago been made.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Surely we can all admit that this type of politics only serve to hurt and divide us as a people more, when the option to win is to make people HATE the other candidate.

This only leads to more Rhetoric and more Hyperbole by all sides, when the people we send to congress are only willing to work if their guy is in office what kind of progress can we ever expect?

And we all feed into it, IF we hate obama, and we don't like romney THAN WHY THE HELL ARE WE VOTING for either of them?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sort of reminds you of the "anyone but Bush" 2004 election. We all know how that ended up.

We will see if history repeats itself.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I did a thread on a Nobama bumper sticker, it wasn't even for a candidate, it was just NOT Obama...
edit on 7-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Obama will win reelection. From what I have seen Romney has not unified the Republican Party.

Will be an interesting GOP convention to see how people react toward Romney. Factor in the Ron Paul crowd and this could be the show to watch this year.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Romney is no different to Obama' if Mitt Romney gets in in November he's going to find there's nothing he can do to fix the damage and his hands too will be tied.

I'm looking forward to the US Presidential elections in November because thats when the Americans are going to be the laughing stock of the world; they just NEVER learn. Jeezes Americans, wake the f up!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just can't wait for the debates. Obama will ask Romney why he hasn't released his financial details that would incriminate him for tax evasion and then Romney will ask Obama for another birth certificate and round and round we go with very little substance ever being discussed.

What I hope they debate about is foreign policy, immigration, education, environment, science, unemployment, and the patient protection act. The last, of course, will probably be avoided by both parties since Romney is the last neocon the republicans want talking about institutionalized medicine.

My predictions -

- Foreign Policy - Obama will win
- Immigration - Romney might surprise us with something centrist and reasonable
- Education - Obama has that in the bag
- Environment - Obama will win once Romney goofs up and says something unscientific and FOX-like
- Science - Again, Obama's got this one unless Romney can appeal to the blue collar demographic enough
- Unemployment - Romney will have this one even though he is a notorious out-sourcing mogul. Romney may even somehow convince people that not only do rich people keeping money overseas creates jobs but that somehow outsourcing does, too.
- Patient Protection Act - I think this could go either way. It's too polarized to change anybody's minds.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
god...its like testing the people of how far they can go with the most horrible candidates that blatantly contradicts the very essence of what the people supposedly believe in.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Anyone else remember the phrase in 1980 "ABC" ?
Republicans know they got 2016 locked up and we already know who most of the candidates will be.
Unless the republican party is split apart this year and with all the cracks showing it might happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I still want to know why anyone should vote for Romney, other then he isn't Obama,

Sad state of affairs when you have to chose between two pieces of crap.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
god...its like testing the people of how far they can go with the most horrible candidates that blatantly contradicts the very essence of what the people supposedly believe in.

I know exactly what you mean. I keep expecting Ashton Kutcher to come out and say "You all been PUNKED, America!"

And then they'll bring out the real candidates. For the first time in my life, I wished life imitated reality television.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Totally agree with the 04 Kerry comparison. The Republicans DO NOT WANT TO WIN. Why take the helm when they can win a few more seats in congress and continue to saddle current POTUS with all the blame for the culmination of decades worth of financial problems? Naw, wait it out, win back some seats in 2010, 2012, and 2014, and then win the WH in 2016 by a significant margin. EXACTLY like the Dems did during the previous admin.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Choice:

Good luck America.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Sort of reminds you of the "anyone but Bush" 2004 election. We all know how that ended up.

We will see if history repeats itself.

Look at the 2004 economy and look at the 2012 economy. Anyone but ... only works when things are completely screwed up, like now. With that said I am a longtime Romney fan. Going on about 10 years now.

top topics

join