It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your P2P torrent is giving all your data to a third party to allow you be trolled and data based

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In a case before court, a bit torrent tracking company explains how ALL ip/time/content/information and they are data basing the results for future copy write prosecutions.

it is my opinion that the very people who designed this system, had a hand in developing and spreading the software to allow for P2P in the first place.

rather than bother selling their copy written products, they enabled and profited from the software that allows people to share files.

Why you ask,

before copywrite protections can be implemented, there must be massive damages to complain about, or the public and law makers would not pass such restrictive laws.

i call this, create a problem yourself then claim to be the victim,
push corperate driven legislation, sighting the losses you helped to create,
to get a solution that includes you trolling the net for future litigation.

people call this
problem, reaction, solution,

in effect the cost to market and produce copy protected content is saved,
you "allow" known protected content to enter the P2P network,
and record all the information required to prosicute the users to be amassed,

and then send out infrindgment letters for settle now for $2000 dollars or
goto court and pay the fine plus court costs $10,000 dollars + court costs.

you see without a big problem their big solution, would not be legal.

link to pdf detailing the P2P tracker program

this issue is being used to control the internet,
it is being used as an excuse to track everybody.

this was their plan from the start,
ie this is a scam

and if you torrent you are the mark,

and the payout will be enforced by the courts

protect yourselves, copy write is trying to destroy the web

xploder

edit on 7-7-2012 by XPLodER because: add pic

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If I get an infringement letter its nothing to do with me someone must have been using my wifi!

Oh and my old hard drives broke ended up dumping them in the land full and went out and bought some nice new ones!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Would it be considered entrapment in a court room?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

you would have to prove to the court that there is a connection between the source of P2P tech
and the databasing of your info.

ie you would have to prove their intent was entrapment,
every thing was done using "third parties" to make it much more difficult to prove,

cnet was used to spread this type of software,
and they made money from advertising this software (showing illegal downloads in the picture in the advertising)
so their is a case to be made that the distributer (CNET) is actually legally responsible for this mess.

proving in court may be very difficult.

xploder

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
If I get an infringement letter its nothing to do with me someone must have been using my wifi!

Oh and my old hard drives broke ended up dumping them in the land full and went out and bought some nice new ones!

people say this to me all the time,

it will not save you in court,
they copywrite holders already have something up their sleeves,
or they would not be proceeding with these cases.

ie
that wont protect you from prosicution

xploder

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

even encryption does not help......

but still encrypt all the things

xploder

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
IP doesn't resolve to a person. Wouldn't hold in court.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

the court case is under way......
so is the data basing.

so if they do get a conviction,
everybody is at risk

dont rely on "anonymous ips" saving you,

they wouldn't go to court without a high expectation of success,
and this could set a president

xploder

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

with the help of an automated ISP request,
the isp will supply "captures" of your traffic,
and time ip info ect

you are not safe,
do not rely on the ip argument

xploder

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

So what they gonna do if you tether off a mobile device and that mobile device is not registered?

To be honest this is all cat and mouse stuff still.

Look what the UK did recently, made isp's block pirate bay, it was a mere drop in the ocean.

Besides, can't get blood out of a stone now can you!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

If the whole torrent thing went belly up then there would just be a new method arise or old ones re-emerge... I'm not bothered in the slightest.

edit on 7-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

Amen to that. WIFI everywhere!!

Whoo-hoo.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Probably depends on the state prosecuting as to whether entrapment defense will work. I was involved in and entrapment situation, and the laws of that state said this:

Once you decide to use entrapment as defense, basically you are admitting guilt. That said...
They have to prove that you were actively involved in this type of criminal activity before you were charged this time. In an illegal sales case, it has to be shown that you are actively selling before they set you up; not that this was your first time, and that they lured you into it.
Unfortunately, in my case the Judge would not hear an entrapment defense; however...

They got their probable cause from and old co-worker, who just happened to have already been convicted of writing a bad check. This is a fraud, so this makes him a liar on record. All I had to do then was have him impeached as a witness, and then they didn't have probable cause.

In that state, anyone convicted of fraud can be impeached as a witness; your state may vary...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before, a new means to obtain such files is used. I mean they already cut the files down to many parts and you are downloading a frame here and a frame there. But what if they took it a step further, and hide the files in personal files that if you were monitoring, wouldn't raise flags.

The other concept was rather simple, what if they were just renamed? How are these files even being found to be copyrighted material? Is it by name only? Or do they actually go and decompress the part you got and check it out?

Anyways, where there is a will, there is a way. Hollywood and Music industry have had their cake walk for far too long. It's about time they become as small as us.

I don't download, not anymore, they don't make movies and music good enough to even want to go through the effort, specially the price if found out, that crappy movie isn't even worth the film it's recorded on most the time. Marketing is merely the application of value to a product by means of popularity and interest.

And we've all seen how hollywood can make millions off horrid movies. They got so pissed when people found a means to sample movies without having to rent or purchase them. That scam was and still is the best around, Buy my music, you won't know you hate it untill you buy it and listen to it all.... by then it's too late I'm rich!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Have you got evidence to back up your claim that they have something up their sleeves?

Maby they are relying on people to think it will be easier to just pay the fine (im sure thats what most people would do rather than go to court) because they dont know any better!

Me on the other hand must have a very scrupulous neighbor.

Its not what they know its what they can prove!

Also I would also like to say I dont use peer to peer software to download copyright movies anyway so I have nothing to worry about!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok so I think I have thought over this in every way!

No matter what way they track you weather it be through your broadband providers or trackers in the peer to peer software to ultimately prove you were downloading illegally they would have to take your computer for forensics to prove that you the owner of the computer have been using it for such purpose!

So either they set up some draconian style torrent police squad to start kicking down peoples doors so they can get to the evidence before it is destroyed or they can rely on scaring people to pay up from infringement letters threatening further court action.

A torrent police squad is ridiculous it would cost them more to police the 100000s of people using torrents than what I reckon the media companies would loose from copyright infringement. Would the Government fund it hell no they dont even have enough money to police cyber crime such as credit card fraud throughly enough and that will be far higher on there agenda than copyright infringement!
edit on 7-7-2012 by RandalFlagg because: spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

A torrent police squad is ridiculous it would cost them more to police the 100000s of people using torrents than what I reckon the media companies would loose from copyright infringement.

I honestly dont think they would care, it seems personal to them now, even though Hollywood is making more money off of movies than ever, theyre determined to keep pushing this through, regardless of the cost. /spit

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lol, it's odd they never go after mIRC.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

...and none of that still resolves to a person. Of course they can fish for people who would pay such a fine instead of risking it in court.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Virtual Private Network that uses ipv4 not ipv6 and the VPN owner does not keep ip address logs or logs in general.

I use ipredator to surf anonymously when I want to be anonymous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join