It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your P2P torrent is giving all your data to a third party to allow you be trolled and data based

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
1. Receive "Notice" from any entity.

2. "Refuse for Cause" "No contract" Thus refusing the notice to contract with the courts or whoever sent the notice.

3. Send Party who wishes to contract your "Notice of Understanding and Intent and Claim of Right" listing your fee schedule and rights.

4. List in "Notice of Understanding and Intent and Claim of Right" the amount you wish to charge to anyone who tries to contract with you from now on and if they do not reply within 30 days I think it is they have accepted your notice and you can start a default judgment for X amount owed.

Know your rights and how the court system works. Anything sent to you by mail is considered a Notice. If you do not refuse the notice you accept it conditionally. This is the biggest mistake people make. By not responding you have accepted what is written and in the notice and are pretty much screwed.

By refusing it simply saying you don't wish to contract means the notice is refused and null and void.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The huge brick wall that they are faced with is the fact that an ip does NOT represent a person, and this is very unlikely to change because it would open up a whole can of worms in terms of what exactly legally represents a person and the legal mine field this would create.
Companies have been trying to prosecute pirates for years and every time it always boils down to does an ip adress represent a person and every time the judge has to rule that it doesn't because, well...it doesn't.
Companies make money by threatening people with legal action if they dont settle it out of court by paying a few hundred dollars as opposed to 20,000+ they want to sue you for.

Just imagine what would happen if people were able to sue for tens of thousands for pirating, think of the amount of people who pirate or have pirated in their life, it would be absolute chaos. Every corporation would milk this for all its worth and they would end up screwing that many people over that it would create a huge backlash.
Suddenly pirates would get sympathy, working class families getting sued tens of thousands just because their 14 year old son downloaded a movie. The backlash would be so fierce that political parties would get voted in just on the mere mention of getting the law overturned.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
reply to post by XPLodER

Have you got evidence to back up your claim that they have something up their sleeves?

Maby they are relying on people to think it will be easier to just pay the fine (im sure thats what most people would do rather than go to court) because they dont know any better!

Me on the other hand must have a very scrupulous neighbor.

Its not what they know its what they can prove!

Also I would also like to say I dont use peer to peer software to download copyright movies anyway so I have nothing to worry about!

well i dont have conclusive proof,
but if ound this to show you from slashdot

"In regards to the new 'voluntary' graduated response deal (where no one really knows how ISPs will track and accuse customers of copyright infringement), according to CNN, it may be the ISP directly spying on their customers. 'But now that they're free from individual blame, there's also the strong possibility that the ISPs will be doing the data monitoring directly. That's a much bigger deal. So instead of reaching out to the Internet to track down illegally flowing bits of their movies, the studios will sit back while ISP's "sniff" the packets of data coming to and from their customers' computers.' This could be a problem for people who use U.S.-based internet services. If the U.S. wants to be an internet savvy country, they still need the competition in the marketplace that's always been missing, and a digital bill of rights that isn't a sneaky anti-piracy measure."

slasdot

all they have to do is make an accusation and the isp will be compelled to spy for them taking samples of your internet usage to use in court.

xploder

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by PsykoOps
IP doesn't resolve to a person. Wouldn't hold in court.

the court case is under way......
so is the data basing.

so if they do get a conviction,
everybody is at risk

dont rely on "anonymous ips" saving you,

they wouldn't go to court without a high expectation of success,
and this could set a president

xploder

Well if they've been plotting something "big" then they might actually have let a few small fry get away with it to "lull" the fish. Maybe they have the RIGHT to go by IP address and a few bits of evidence without even using what is on your machine or what you've sent as evidence.

Heck, we've got the NDAA coupled with the Military Provisions act and with both documents, you can be made a non-citizen and THEN no due process applies.

It's not like they haven't had the FBI at their beck and call ignoring real crimes for a decade.

>> This might be paranoia -- and it might amount to nothing. What I would "look for" if something really big were going to happen, is that their would first be a huge media push to demonize file sharers and link them to terrorism, godlessness and perhaps human sacrifice beforehand -- you know, "the usual." So if you see a big media push -- I'd say it would be a month or two before they followed with their pet FBI agents.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Your ISP would have to keep a record of your IP for the same ammount of time and then disclose it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Who owns cnet and other places that were hosting limeware and napster for everyone to download. The industry wanted people to share files just to allow the government to pass laws protecting their monopoly.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
Who owns cnet and other places that were hosting limeware and napster for everyone to download. The industry wanted people to share files just to allow the government to pass laws protecting their monopoly.

you have drawn the same conclusion as i have

star because it is now becoming apparent, that was the idea from the inception.

xploder

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
update,

Specifically, they’re coming for you on Thursday, July 12.

That’s the date when the nation’s largest ISPs will all voluntarily implement a new anti-piracy plan that will engage network operators in the largest digital spying scheme in history, and see some users’ bandwidth completely cut off until they sign an agreement saying they will not download copyrighted materials.

Word of the start date has been largely kept secret since ISPs announced their plans last June. The deal was brokered by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), and coordinated by the Obama Administration.

linky

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join