It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axelrod: Romney "the most secretive candidate we've seen probably since Richard Nixon"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

What does that even mean? Are you saying you are the same as those kids that don't do any research? So you think buying an iphone not knowing its actual worth or history is the same as voting for a prez? That's funny because those kids are getting screwed and when you vote for romney you will just the same. So I guess its an ok ananalogy, its just not to your advantage.

Really though you are pretty much saying that its ok to be ignorant of things. Anyone but obama is so stupid because what if they are worse than obama? You are saying that's ok. Anyone but obama is no different than Mao over Obama, hitler over obama, and stalin over obama. How can you not understand that. Ever heard that the devil you know is better than the one you don't? Romney will likely be worse than obama and you don't care to even care to find out. If you are openly remaining ignorant of who you are voting for, something you proudly admit, that's fine, but you shouldn't try to decieve others into voting for him by pretending you know he will do good things and be a decent president.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think you are choosing to be selectively ignorant so there is no use explaining myself any longer to you, if you would like the answer to your questions look three pages back on this thread!

Now would you care to answer any of my questions about Obama? Or are they really all crazy conspiracy theories? Well, if we are playing that game, I can say the same about your accusations about Romney and I will!

Goodbye and goodnight. Do not engage me again!!

edit on 7-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I've looked through every page. You never give an answer that isn't just bashing obama. I don't see it, is it so hard tfor you to just link the post? Everytime I ask instead of answering you just complain that I brought it up and accuse me of ignoring it. Each time you do that you make it more apparent you don't know what his plans are or why you support him it would have taken the same amount of energy to write your last post as it would to list why you support romney and it would have served more of a purpose. I as well as everyone else can only conclude from your responses that you are clueless to why you support romney and clueless to what his plans are.the best part is that I knew from the start you were clueless because romney has never stated his plans so his supporters can't either. He bashes obama and you bash obama. Like millionsof parrots on his shoulder.

If you don't want me to engage you answer the question. I told you I wouldn't post on your thread anymore after you answered.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by xuenchen
A whole lot of voters will be voting to get their jobs back.

They see Romney as a successful business personality.

All those people who had normal jobs and a normal life a few years ago are not happy with the chicken feed assistance.

It's not good enough.

They want their normal life back......and soon.

Not busted promises --- and frankly, Obama is too exposed --- he's goin' down with 3 fingers up.

He's had it.

I am one of those. I had a great job that I loved and was at for over 5 years with one of the largest if not the largest gas processing companies in the world and got laid off. Spent 5 months on unemployment looking for a job. I had NEVER been unemployed in my adult life. This was a huge shock to me. I am currently still looking to get back to what I had. I am basically making the same money I have for the last 5 years because even before getting laid off we had frozen wages due to the economy so as inflation rises, even though I am back working, my wages have not risen. So yea.. It would be nice if we could right the ship and get companies back into the hiring and giving raises mode.

I find it quite amusing that you are going to vote for the guy who made his fortune doing to people just exactly what you describe as having happened to you. He has made his bread and butter stagnating wages shipping jobs overseas, and wrecking companies that have directly contributed to the economic state we are in and got wealthy doing it.

Obama isn't perfect far from it, but at least on some level he does care even if he is politically hamstrung. Romney will give you more of what you experienced with a gleeful gleam in his eye. He doesn't just like shafting working people he loves doing it.

wow you have bought the democratic talking points hook line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What part of this statement is false?

"You either get a Swiss bank account to conceal what you're doing, or you believe the Swiss franc is stronger than the American dollar," Durbin said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

"He is the first and only candidate for president of the United States with a Swiss bank account, with a tax shelter, with tax avoidance schemes that involve so many foreign countries," Durbin said.

"Mitt Romney has failed to make an economic disclosure that every president and candidate for president has made in the last 36 years," Durbin said, noting that Romney has only released one year of tax returns.

www.politico.com...

edit on 9-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Matt1951

The Problem I think with your theory is that people, independents STILL have QUESTIONS about Obama!!!!!

Sure, they can research where Romney got his money, BUT are they really going to? How many voters do you honestly think is going to do ALL of that research! I'm on ATS, getting pounded by Romney haters left and right and I am not even going to do that research. Why?

1. I don't care where he got his money. He has his money. It's his now. Just because I know where he got his money doesn't mean I am NOT going to vote for him. In fact, I somewhat admire Bernie Madoff for fooling the system as long as he did! That's what you all wanna do right? Fight the system? Madoff did it in his own way, and Romney did it in his. And they both got rich doing it. Although, Romney's way is a grey area while Madoff's is technically illegal.

2. Romney is not Obama!!!! Obama was a black actor who seduced the black community into voting for him! he took their money and made them more dependent on the system, while successful black people that are not him are demonized throughout the media controlled by your highness! Romney seems to generally care about his country and wants to see people to succeed like him. He is not egoistical and does not tell you what is good for this country. He lays out plans and asks the American people if this is what they want? That is what a leader does. A ruler does what Obama is doing.

So before you go and say, Obama doesn't matter. Obama does matter!!!! Nobody is going to go research into Romney's past. Because if they do, they will actually find the info they are looking for, but if you go research into Obama's past. Which I have! Then you hit red tape after red tape after black tape after red tape with alien goo all over it. No Thanx!

I did not say Obama does not matter. I am saying, people like you cover up Romneys potential criminal background; anytime anyone questions Romneys past, you throw up a smoke screen saying Obama Obama Obama.
Really they should be separate threads. Put all your hate of Obama into one thread. But then lets have an honest investigation into Romney.
You don't care if the Wall Street Journal writes an article stating Romney probably had to break the law (tax evasion) with his IRA?
You don't care where he got his money?
Many of us do care.

Ok.. I am going to jump in here.. If there were a smoking gun to find on Romney the "liberal" media would have it plastered all over the evening news. The MSM HATES republicans, they have always done their best to discredit them. Just like they always ignore what they can about Democrats. So you its safe to assume if there were something so damaging out there they would already have it and know it. So if they are being vague and not giving us hard details then they are not there and its all speculation. So all of these "probablys" and "may haves" are just BS to try and descredit the challenger this election year. So believe what you want and ask if you are willing to double the national debt again.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I have already lost a good job, a house, and a marriage during this president. I am sure we can handle more though.

Hold the horses!...are you telling me that President Obama got your laid-off, took your house AND broke up your marriage??

No wonder you are voting for Mitt Romney.

Sorry about your circumstances, but the GOP are the party of personal responsibility...embrace a little social darwinism, survival of the fittest/wealthiest...it will help with the pain.

Thats exactly what I am saying and the fact that you would like to make a joke of it shows how little character you have. We all saw it coming and the company did as well. As soon as Obama was elected some of our very large customers pulled a few jobs off the table basically putting them on hold as a wait and see game and the fact that the economy just kept going deeper and deeper in the tank meant people needed to get laid off. There is no one else to blame but Obama. And all of that led to the rest of my problems. So your damn right I will put that on all Obamas shoulders. Large corporations are not stupid. They know which party is good for business and which isnt and whether you like it or not that does "trickle" down the hill. That old sayin "$hit Rolls down hill". That has some merit. So yea.. I blame Obummer.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

There is no one else to blame but Obama. And all of that led to the rest of my problems. So your damn right I will put that on all Obamas shoulders.

Sorry for your circumstances, but Obama is not the reason your marriage broke up, you lost your home or your job, nor will your marriage mend, a new home appear or you be immediately hired simply because Mitt Romney becomes President.

I am sympathetic to your circumstances, but you would be healthier in thought and likely move in a better direction if you adopted a more rational outlook that blaming the President of the United States. It is not rational.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There is no one else to blame but Obama. And all of that led to the rest of my problems. So your damn right I will put that on all Obamas shoulders.

Sorry for your circumstances, but Obama is not the reason your marriage broke up, you lost your home or your job, nor will your marriage mend, a new home appear or you be immediately hired simply because Mitt Romney becomes President.

I am sympathetic to your circumstances, but you would be healthier in thought and likely move in a better direction if you adopted a more rational outlook that blaming the President of the United States. It is not rational.

Thats a pretty bold thing to say considering I know otherwise for FACT. What part of that are you not getting? The layoffs at my company were directly attributed to Obama being in office. That was from the mouths of the higher ups in that company that had a all hands meeting and let us know the layoffs were coming. You can try to gloss it over all you want dude. I dont care if it all comes back. I know it wont and it cant but I dont have to vote for the guy that helped trash things.

But saying that I would be better off voting for Obama is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Mark my words. As soon as he packs his crap and gets out of office many of those companies confidence will come back and they will spend money again. I dont expect anything to happen with my predicament though. I am part of a class action suit against the lender on my home and my wife just couldnt handle the down turn. Her true colors came out. No worries there. But I can say for fact that had Obama not gotten elected and the foreign companies that we were dealing with had not lost confidence in our economy and leadership things would have been very different and I think there are thousands upon thousands of unemployed Americans who would agree with me. So keep spouting your Obama garbage and I will keep ignoring it. Because from your posts it is obvious he has you completely snowed. Either that or you are one of those that votes party line every time and wear your team colors proudly no matter how they throw up there. Good luck to you but your not going to change my mind and your not going to tell me what I know to be true. I have it first hand from the mouth of the source. You cant dispute that dude. Stop trying so hard. I wont be brainwashed to your way of thinking just because you say so. You dont have more information that I do on this particular subject. Done deal. Its over.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

But I can say for fact that had Obama not gotten elected and the foreign companies that we were dealing with had not lost confidence in our economy and leadership things would have been very different and I think there are thousands upon thousands of unemployed Americans who would agree with me.

No offense, but that makes no sense. The downturn was Global...and while we took a hit the USA weathered the storm better than most because it is considered a more stable climate than the European Union or other countires and we also emerged from the recession sooner than most.

Please explain why those foreign companies decided to take their business elsewhere because Barack Obama was elected President? What was the rational? What industry are you in? Where did those foreign companies take their business?

Economic Confidence has been higher during the President's Entire Term than it was just before he was elected.

www.gallup.com...

Please explain your claim..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But I can say for fact that had Obama not gotten elected and the foreign companies that we were dealing with had not lost confidence in our economy and leadership things would have been very different and I think there are thousands upon thousands of unemployed Americans who would agree with me.

No offense, but that makes no sense. The downturn was Global...and while we took a hit the USA weathered the storm better than most because it is considered a more stable climate than the European Union or other countires and we also emerged from the recession sooner than most.

Please explain why those foreign companies decided to take their business elsewhere because Barack Obama was elected President? What was the rational? What industry are you in? Where did those foreign companies take their business?

Economic Confidence has been higher during the President's Entire Term than it was just before he was elected.

www.gallup.com...

Please explain your claim..

Wow.. Ok.. Let me dumb this the F down for you or are you just trying to talk in circles. I worked for one of the largest gas processing companies in the world. They are based in europe and most of their engineering division is here in the states. They do business with clients all over the world and they build plants all over the world. These are multi million dollar deals and some of these companies while they operate in the US are not owned by individuals in the US. Do I need to draw this out in crayon for you? When Obama took office they got a little tight with their money. They didnt want to build some of the facilities they had planned. This was in large part to the uncertainty of this guy taking office. Its not rocket science and you dont have to like it for it to be true. Get over your "team" attitude and deal with it. Obama isnt the big savior you may think he is. He cant walk on water and cant part the seas.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I worked for one of the largest gas processing companies in the world. They are based in europe and most of their engineering division is here in the states. They do business with clients all over the world and they build plants all over the world. These are multi million dollar deals and some of these companies while they operate in the US are not owned by individuals in the US.

OK

When Obama took office they got a little tight with their money. They didnt want to build some of the facilities they had planned. This was in large part to the uncertainty of this guy taking office. Its not rocket science and you dont have to like it for it to be true.

That is the most moronic lie I have heard in weeks.

A multi-national "gas processing company" got worried when a US President was elected and decided to lay you off???

Oh..look...that guy makes me nervous, let's close our US operations!

BS...you lost your job...OK...but you weren't let go because someone named Obama was elected POTUS...just stupid nonsense. I don't know of a single corporation that closes operations because some US President makes them nervous.

By the way...Domestic Oil? Natural Gas?...all through the roof...production, processing...everything.

Tell me your story again about how your multi-national employer closed operations just because President Obama was elected.

At least you conceded that your marriage and home loss was not his fault.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Jesus!

I got Birther rolled!

Birther threads are stealthy now? Didn't anyone send out a memo?

Put an asterisk next to the title next time so the rational folk can avoid.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Nope. You never answered it. You always say "look _ pages back for your answer" I want you to answer it IN REPLY TO THE QUESTION. Then I will drop it. The reason you have never done that is because you don't have an answer. Answer why you support Romney. I am sticking to the question because the light it sheds on your is the same light it sheds on every Romney supporter ignorant of why they vote for Romney.

Don't say the answer its so many pages back because it is not. Don't give some lame reason for why I don't deserve the answer, and don't go off in some tangent deflection. I want to see some bullet points to prove that you actually know what Romney's plans are.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

NAME THEM.

I will give you a few and yes the first one is obvious.

#1. He is not Obama
#2. He knows money and how to make it. We need something to help this economy and the current pres isnt it.
#3. He will hopefully get us out of this obamacare mess we are currently heading towards
#4. We will most likely have 2 Supreme court seats up soon and we do not need two more liberal judges on that panel.
#5. He will for the most part conform to the Republican ideals whether you like him or not.
#6. Just the mere fact that we are changing presidents to a republican will spur the economy in anticipation of possibly getting thinks like the Canadian pipeline pushed through finally.
#7. Regardless of what you think. He will conform mostly with the Republican ideology and we will get the spending under control that is currently at record highs and we will get things somewhat back to normal.
#8. We will stop hearing about how this is all GWB's fault.
#9. Fast and Furious

And yes, these are my opinions but I do have opinions that dont revolve around hating Obama, but I absolutely whole heartedly believe that we cannot survive 4 more years of Obama. We need to get Americans back to work.
edit on 6-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by TheTardis

I 2nd all that !!

(assuming there's no objections from anybody else)

We need to get real with Obama.

Obama has already cleaned out and maxed out the U.S. credit line.

What will he do next term --- bankrupt the country like Europe?

reply to post by xuenchen

reply to post by TheTardis

Yup that falls along my same line of thinking.

I just didn't want to give him the pleasure, since I have actually made a whole entire thread about why I am voting for Romney and he still asks this question every time!
edit on 6-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

There it is plain as day. Now, shut up and stop asking!

This is on PAGE #4

Why I choose Mitt Romney. This is now closed because every other person started calling the other a troll and this was at the time where the Ron Paulers were trolling in high numbers as well!!

You can shut up now.
edit on 16-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Kaploink

He released his birth certificate during his presidency.

Which one? There are three 2 Hawiian 1 Kenyan and they have all been forgeries.

Plus the records that would have had a copy (school, doctors, college, SSN office) of it are either stolen, missing or sealed.

He doesn'tpass the smell test.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Too bad that's all just make believe. That's what you want Romney has never laid out a plan or said he would do any of that, but the obamacare b.s. which he would wriggle out of if he's elected.

He won't get rid of obamacare that is just gop lip service. He doesn't know how to create jobs he made money by dismantling solid corporations so that's what he knows. Maybe he can take apart america with more wars and depression to make money for a few people but that's it. He has NEVER made money from being constructive. The only way we will get jobs and money going in this country is if foolish people stop playing into this two party system that's a joke and vote for someone like Ron Paul. You list things you HOPE and THINK Romney might do but it's all your imagination. Hee has NEVER given you his plans or anything solid. You are just blindly hoping. Paul ios the only one that has gicen real answers. You guys will never learn. Romney plays ball with the same people as Obama. He is not trying to fix America. If he gets elected I will be back to rub the failure in your faces because its your guys' fault for America sinking. Romney the moderate same as the last and the one before that. You will still be sporting his bumper sticker when your country is crumbling around you. Don't you think its time for something else?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Well if that is all make believe than so is Ron Paul winning or going somewhere higher than he already is. I'm sorry but you can't see the difference between Obama and Romney than you shouldn't be supporting Ron Paul if you like Obama better than Romney

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Again you don't know what you are talking about. Actually you didn't even really say anything there. If Paul doesn't go anywhere its because partisan, party proud fools vote ignorantly and even commit to fraud to sway others to do the same. The fact is the two party system is corrupt. It does NOT work. The reason Paull was so hugely successful this year (and rest assured he was) is because he spoke the truth and it has shaken anyone smart enough to listen, up. He set the course and united people with enough brains to see the problems and corruption which will change the future in a bigger way than Romney and Obama could. Because he paved a path with honesty for the people to take action and when the people take action it will be much bigger than the actions of those single men no matter how bold their strokes are.

I know you can't get the sleep out of your eyes long enough to listen but there was one, and only one poiticianout there telling the truth and he's not your candidate. Paul has already given you more than any other candidate whether you realize it or not.

I will say it is pretty progressive of you to support the first non christian candidate to ever have a serious shot at the presidency.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Blah Blah Blah. More Ron Paul talking points from you. Nobody cares about Ron Paul who matters. They know he's retiring and will switch places with Rand when the time comes. Paul will work with Rand behind the scenes. The man is not immortal. The man is a politician just like all the others.

So what if Ron Paul doesn't like the two party system. He's still using it to his advantage and he's still part of it.
So what if Ron Paul doesn't like entitlement programs. He still gets social security.
So what if Ron Paul is making an audit the fed bill. Do you really think America will care?
So what if Ron Paul tells us stuff no other politician does. He is still a politician who knows who his base is.
So what if Ron Paul's record is good. He's still a liberal on social issues!

No. No one cares about Ron Paul! People barely care about Romney or Obama!!!!

I hope you are not too shaken by what happens in Tampa...That is...If Ron Paul is even invited, and by looking at Romney's strategy. He wants mild politics and Sarah Palin + Ron Paul = Wild Politics. So no, he will probably not even be invited to the Tampa convention.

So will you stop asking me to show you why I am voting for Romney?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join