It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axelrod: Romney "the most secretive candidate we've seen probably since Richard Nixon"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by TheTardis

I doubt that completely. Again, As I said earlier in this thread. You act like he was the one on site laying people off and taking their jobs.

Though he did say he "loves to fire people", you are of course right...when you are laying off thousands of folks with the stroke of pen behind your desk, it's difficult to find the time to pursue the things you love to do.

Of course as President he won't get the chance to be "on site" either when the economy tanks...plus he has a quarter billion dollars stashed overseas, so no worries.

He invested and yes he did make money in some questionable ways in the past but it wasnt illegal ways and he has made a lot of money.

Well as long as he made money and it wasn't technically illegal!! You sold me! He'd make a great President

Holy hell... You mean the economy is going to tank? Did Obama tell us this was a good economy? Oh wait. he did say the private sector was doing fine so I guess the economy is doing good and it will only tank after Romney puts his money making hands on it.

Again, Believe what you want. It is obvious nothing will change your mind about Obama. I am sure everyone is ok with waiting 4 more years to get a job. I have already lost a good job, a house, and a marriage during this president. I am sure we can handle more though.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I have already lost a good job, a house, and a marriage during this president. I am sure we can handle more though.

Hold the horses!...are you telling me that President Obama got your laid-off, took your house AND broke up your marriage??

No wonder you are voting for Mitt Romney.

Sorry about your circumstances, but the GOP are the party of personal responsibility...embrace a little social darwinism, survival of the fittest/wealthiest...it will help with the pain.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Now come on guys. He is Transparent remember? Geez..

Exactly, Obama is so transparent that you cannot see him

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit

Exactly, Obama is so transparent that you cannot see him

Yeah.

Because he looks so much like Bush!!!! I have trouble because apparently Bush is still causing problems...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
who is david axlerod?

well he is a commie, just like everyone else around obama.

I'd love to hear what your definition of communism is.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I personally fear America is in serious trouble no matter who is elected. Turn on the news they are always bashing someone no matter which one you watch. Look on the forums throughout the interwebs and everybodies fighting about what the other candidate did. We as a nation voters,congress, and presidents are so polarized and more so daily that its becoming so tight a knot that the rope will be need to cut and started a new. I would like to see one thread where people can tought about the good things their congressman, president did without troll after troll dive bombing the thread.

Yes I consider myself to the right a bit because i have worked from nothing and earned what i have. I have never received assistance of any kind. However, I didn't come from the ghetto and i had oppurtunities because I live in a right to work state.

I fear one day soon fellow Americans will openly in public accuse their neihbors of being comies or right wing nuts united we stand divided we fall

edit on 6-7-2012 by Shaiker because: adding more...

edit on 6-7-2012 by Shaiker because: correction

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Romney is no better than Obama. Hell, if the signs are telling, he's probably going to be an even worse leader than Obama. Any "mainstream" candidate is trash; he/she puts private interest and personal gain over public interest. Ask yourself why the hell any person in his or her right mind would pay over a billion dollars to become president, a job which pays 400k a year, because that's about how much it takes now to successfully campaign for the presidency.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The thing that gets me about Romney, is his attitude about his wealth and how he acquired it. He acts like people are just jealous and envious and this is far from the truth. Mitt Romney is not the only insanely wealthy man to run for or be President. Both Roosevelt's, Washington, Kennedy, Bush 1 and 2 and Kerry just to name a few were and are wealthy yet somehow their wealth was never really an issue as it is with Romney. This doesn't to me indicate that the people are envious or resentful of his wealth but rather just how secretive he has been about it raising concern. He likes to talk about how he knows how to create jobs, but he doesn't he knows how to create profit often at the expense of jobs. The role of Government is to serve the needs of it's people not create a profit, and unfortunately he just simply is not capable of serving the needs of the American people he proved that while he was seeking his profit.

He was a successful businessman, the real problem with that is most Americans understand he spent a period of his life gutting the middleclass and setting the stage for a recession so bad that we are still reeling from it to profit his investors. That he put himself and his company before his country, and feels that he is in fact now qualified to lead the nation he spent years destroying. Granted it wasn't just him doing it and it wasn't illegal as far as we know. But if he was incapable of looking out for what was in his nations best interests then why should anyone believe that his as yet unseen policies will look after them if he were to be elected?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Try looking into how much banks will insure you up to. Most domestic banks do not ensure as much money as you would think. The only way people with that kind of money can insure it is in offshore accounts. If you had that kind of money would you keep it in a bank that couldnt insure it? Do you really want to put the guy down for making a solid business decision? Is that what we are making fun of him for now?

And keeping the "liberal" press out of his meetings? How is that a bad thing for him? Every republican that runs gets fried by the liberal media so I dont blame him for having secret meetings and keeping the press at bay. Again, your upset with him for doing what is in his best interest.

So if a person didn't have millions of dollars, let alone even thousands of dollars, it would be in their best interest to seek help from the society they live in due to their poverty. So it makes sense then that they should look for assistance, right? The bottom line, of course, is that each person should look out for their own best interests. Or are you trying to say you're only okay with people who work for their own best interest when it doesn't affect you? How can you be so sure the top 1% hording over 50% of the wealth (e.g. Romney in the example in your quote above) doesn't affect you?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Another deflection!

That's just it guy, I could read every single thread you have made about Romney and still not know what you like about him BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW. You have never said what it is you like. You have said what you don't like about Obama, but never what Romney is going to do that you like.

So stop stallin' answer the question. Please. If you give me a real solid answer I will never post on one of your threads again.

Not just one or two things like he said he's going to repeal the healthcare bill.. I want to know how this guy is good for the country, what his plans are, and why you like those planes. Make sure you include what his plan is to rescue the economy and how he will handle foreign policy (besides bombing Iran he has made that clear enough).

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Haha.. exactly. He is running his campaign like a 2nd grader because it's the only way he knows how.

I can see him in coming debates "Well sure I know how to run the economy, I was just asking to see if you know."

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Sorry.. that is not an acceptable answer. It's actually beyong ignorant and you can't really have deluded yourself into accepting that. So you are willing to vote for this guy with highly questionable morals and ethics (even you admit to that about Romney in your above statement about how he made his money "questionably" which is soft language for unethically) based on his word that he has a plan even though he is withholding it!

If it was a good plan he would throw it out and gladly debate it! This man has NO IDEA what he is doing. Has America really gotten this stupid. Are you guys really that stupid! I want to know, and I want to know what Romney is going to do NO ONE WILL TELL ME least of all Romney!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

His hands are only money making hands because he made hands from destroying the ECONOMY!

You guys are thicker than the pentagon.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Romney made his money be eliminating jobs so that the he could make more money. Now you expect him to do an about face and ask corporations to hire more workers and pay them more money? Talk about dillusional.

Well how come is it that Obama has completely and miserably failed ?

He had control of all the Congressional Committees in the 111th Congress.
(2009 and 2010)

What Happened ?

He failed. He is a failure.

Failures get voted O-U-T --- A-S-A-P

Yup, he could have passed a budget AND healthcare. OH WAIT... HE DID PASS HEALTH CARE. But NOT a budget. Why don't the people who stick up for him stick to the facts???? Like Axelrod is such a rock. Sheesh

edit on 7-7-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Exactly and look who these people are. With the exception of doctor Paul they are not visionaries. They are power hungry rich guys looking to make their friends more powerful and richer.

That's it.

I was hoping the internet would change this and people would start voting based on what people had to say and their stances again because they wouldn't need the money to get out there, but I guess it's too soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Tricky Dick...love that guy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You thought the net would "fix" everyone???? Really?! What was the magical bullet? A little tap to the brain? The net it just another method of contorl and propoganda. Why would you think it any different?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Not fix people. Just level the playing field by making it cheaper to spread a political message so candidates just had to be intelligent and have good ideas rather than just being really rich.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Axelrod: Romney "the most secretive candidate we've seen probably since Richard Nixon"

What a load of partisan bunk. He totally ignores all the missing Obama info and goes straight into campaign mode attacking the republicans. Sorry, but it's Axelrod who works for 'Mr. Transparency' (who isn't transparent) .. not worthy of belief.
edit on 7/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They must be blind or on '___' then if they see Romney as anything close to a success.

Remember, Donald Trump is worshiped by the sheeple as a "successful business personality" and yet, he has several bankruptcies under his belt. Successful? Hardly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join