It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Drives Wedge Into American Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
One week after the landmark Supreme Court ruling on the health care overhaul, the 2012 presidential candidates have each carved out a peculiar stance -- with Mitt Romney accepting the ruling's central argument and President Obama rejecting it.

www.foxnews.com...

If there was any hope in bringing the nation closer together, or dropping our partisan agendas, you can now forget it. Thanks to ObamaCare. Mitt Romney has agreed with John Roberts that ObamaCare is a tax, while Obama is still stating it is a penalty. If Obama is right than the Health Care law should be unconstitutional if Romney is right he should admit that his RomneyCare was also a tax. However, neither party is admitting that they are wrong here or what the true issue of this health care law is. It's complexity is baffling to the most prestigious people in America.

Nobody knows!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I'm not sure why this is an issue...they are both right.

It is a penalty that is administered as a tax.

So if someone says it's a tax, they are right....if someone says it's a penalty, they are right.

Now if Romney tries to say this is a tax increase on all Americans...then he is wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So if someone says it's a tax, they are right....if someone says it's a penalty, they are right.

If someone says its BS,they are right also. If someone says the supreme court got it all wrong, they are right also.

MANDATORY ANYTHING IS wrong, When the Government DECIDES something for you. FACT.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I agree this politics at its best, but I have to admit, Romney care was voted by the people on the state while Obamacare was voted for us with all the pig fat still been debated within the monstrosity that this bill is for the hard working tax payer class you know those that pay their taxes and make enough to be able to stay away from the growing welfare class in the nation, you know again those that work but do not make enough to be free from government.

Then you have the wealthy class that Obamacare doesn't matter one rat arse.

Still I insist that Justice Roberts handle the presidency to Romney as Obama big T word is an obscene word within the American people this days.

Even Madam (Petosi) I mean Pelosi will not answer questions publicly about the big T

Interesting that if you listen to constitutional law expert they will all agree that the way Obama care is heading if Obama doesn't win the election we may stand a chance that it will never get the go when it comes to handling Americas working class to the private insurance business.

Already the fight for the Obamacare rewording is a campaign issue even when is only coming from the Republican side of it and not from the Democrats themselves, Roberts just dig a whole for the whole issue with the ruling regardless of what those that are celebrating claim, and is going get bigger.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If someone says the supreme court got it all wrong, they are right also.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...but until a different SCOTUS overturns the ruling...then people who say this aren't "right"...they are just stubborn.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...but until a different SCOTUS overturns the ruling...then people who say this aren't "right"...they are just stubborn.

Obama's lasting legacy, will be how his precious MANDATORY/FORCED tax bill was overturned, because it forced people to take it or ELSE.

I will be stubbornly waiting for that day......

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

Obama's lasting legacy, will be how his precious MANDATORY/FORCED tax bill was overturned, because it forced people to take it or ELSE.

I will be stubbornly waiting for that day......

Well...I guess it's time for a new label.

We had Truthers...then Birthers...now it seems we are going to have Rulers.

All stubbornly awaiting for the day that they are right...all seem to have a long long time to wait.
edit on 5-7-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm not sure why this is an issue...they are both right.

It is a penalty that is administered as a tax.

Now if Romney tries to say this is a tax increase on all Americans...then he is wrong.

This huge Tax/Penalty is another financial burden thrown at the American people

during a terrible economy.

ObamaCare has also thrown small businesses across America into a paralysis.

It's hard to make a business plan with - uncertainty - over their heads.

top topics

join