It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbeit

Thanks mate

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by EvanB

The Green Howards, now The Second Battalion of The Yorkshire Regiment, are to be completely disbanded.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.greenhowards.org.uk...

This government has to go..
[/quote

I agree, that is a necessity and a quick fix.
But the alternative is little better.

The long term solution is we need radical reform to this self-perpetuating and corrupt system that gives real power to the people of this country and a real say in the country's governance.

My parent unit 2RRF is going too.. It is has the highest recruitment and retainment of any regiment in the British Army.. Makes loads of sense doesn't it??

All of those historic regiments binned... Makes me sick..
edit on 5-7-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Awww there's not enough enemies to slaughter in order to justify 20.000 more soldiers.

Sucks to live in peaceful times, doesn't it ?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well they have my support and regarding the Scottish regiments not being cut that's because they disbanded most of them back in the early 90's and are now at a minimum but we didn't hear the English moaning for us back then.
My grandfather's regiment The Gordon Highlanders had an amazing history including fighting the battle of Singapore but that didn't stop them from disbanding it in 1994.

Regardless of what regiments are being cut they will still have my support, it's a pity it wasn't an armed march I certainly wouldn't be adverse to a military coup right now.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Awww there's not enough enemies to slaughter in order to justify 20.000 more soldiers.

Peaceful times?????

What planet are you living on???

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think you've missed the point, mate.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Well I'm sure your country is hard at work creating and funding and arming our enemies of the future. Just assuming you are yet another smug yank.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

I think you've missed the point, mate.

Kind of hoping so lol

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
With the current round of cuts in the armed forces including the loss of several historic English regiments the troops, both serving and ex serving, have had enough...

We are organising a march on London to give the government what for.... If you want to piss someone off, best not do that to battle hardened British soldiers...

These regiments have 400 years of tradition behind them, much blood spilled under those colours... This will not stand...

On the plus side, with my conversations with the lads, they have woken up to the fact that our government is the REAL enemy... It is also good to see that many lads are coming on the march too..

This will get messy..

For Camoron..

Good on ya

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Well they have my support

and regarding the Scottish regiments not being cut that's because they disbanded most of them back in the early 90's and are now at a minimum but we didn't hear the English moaning for us back then

I think you'll find that quite a lot of us did but for whatever reason you didn't hear us.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I support this 100% ... the British military budget cuts MUST stop ... it has reached the point where NOTHING else can be cut. The capabilities of the British military have already been seriously downgraded with the lack of any operational aircraft carriers.

Suppose Argentina decides to have another go? Well guess what? They are history because thanks to budget cuts their is no carrier battle group, their are not enough transport aircraft to send reinforcements,

It's time for the British military and the British people to stand up and say NO MORE defense cuts!

God Bless those brave men. I wish them the best. Im thankful that I live in a country where the government is more military friendly - of course we also don't have the regimental culture that exists in the UK and Commonwealth. The 3rd Infantry Regiment might as well be the 65th Infantry Regiment to most Americans.
edit on 5-7-2012 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It fills my heart with grief, over the de-commissioning of the many illustrious regiments, not only in UK, but in democracies all over the world. The regiment is but only a name, but it WAS the COURAGEOUS men, men who believed in God, Queen, and Country, that laid down their lives in honour for others, in the face of GREATEST ODDS, to live an enlightened way of life, regardless if it had been right or wrong, for they died in their beliefs, to protect their loved ones, and respected, revered, held as role models for centuries.

Today, due to mistakes, flaws and unpunished crimes of others, the descendents of such great men whom enlisted, joined those same units, are to see the dishonour done to the illustrious forefathers....

While times change, and we must keep up with the times, we MUST also NEVER forget what had brought us to this day and age. The past gives us the moral courage and strength, to face what is come in the present and the future. Moddernisation is good, but without a past to draw courage from, many will simply draw on the present circumstances of reality - to run when the odds are not in favour, for there is no one or tradition of courage or strength to draw upon.

Politicians, to be politically INcorrect, are plain dumbasses. They must be technocrats all, robots with degrees in science and finance, but none from the social sciences and humanities whom studies and know the impact of tech and laws will have on societes and could have handled the situation better.

There are many ways to help, to ease off the real pain, and hardships of austerity drives. Hanging the culprits is one of them, but unfortunately, the City of London is a law unto themselves, and Above the law of the land.

One of them is to allow those great regiments to retain their colours and flags, with a skeleton administration and militia status, allowing natural attrition rates to bring the costs down, so that in the event of wars, the flag will always stand, as it had been for centuries, to draw patriots to them, trainning them in the shortest time, when the country is in distress.

Another is to offer each and everyone of the troops to be de-commission, as well as future cutting of regiments, equal or better prospects in private enterprises, never to leave these patriotic citizens behind, espacially in these hardship times, so that they or their future generations will rejoin when the country is in need of defence during hostilities.

They have wives and kids, and a future that they believed in, just like everyone else. The difference is that they are the ones who will readily lay down their lives for others, while many others in the private sector will baulk or think twice, espacially the rich and priviledged.

Do not...leave ...anyone ...behind...
edit on 5-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Well they have my support

and regarding the Scottish regiments not being cut that's because they disbanded most of them back in the early 90's and are now at a minimum but we didn't hear the English moaning for us back then

I think you'll find that quite a lot of us did but for whatever reason you didn't hear us.

They binned the Black Watch.... Many of us were livid... It is one of the very best infantry units the world has ever seen...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am right behind you guys...

I an f**king livid at these cuts (not to mention the previous rounds to the RAF and Navy)..

I voted Tory in the last election because I believed they would make the savings necessary in the right area's, such as benefits, the overbloated civil service (the MoD has more civilian staff than soldiers FFS!!) etc.. I didn't vote for this..

How can they expect to recruit 15,000 extra Territorial's when they have trouble keeping up with the current size of the TA?

How does this not severely compromise the ability of the nation to defend itself in an ever changing and increasingly hostile world?

This is total BS and yet another example of our system dicking us over....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
I support this 100% ... the British military budget cuts MUST stop ... it has reached the point where NOTHING else can be cut. The capabilities of the British military have already been seriously downgraded with the lack of any operational aircraft carriers.

Just to be awkward, but the UK hasn't had an operational aircraft carrier since 1986, we've done ok, but you do make a valid point anyway. We still have Illustrious and Ocean as Helicopter carriers though...

Suppose Argentina decides to have another go? Well guess what? They are history because thanks to budget cuts their is no carrier battle group, their are not enough transport aircraft to send reinforcements

Argentina is even worse off than we are, militarily. We still have plenty of C-130's and C-17 Globemasters too. The current force in the Falklands is plenty to see off anything but the most determined and well-equipped of invaders. That said, the very reason why they tried the last time was because of a vicious round of cuts to the Navy in 1980, which sent the signal we weren't interested ijn defence. This does exactly the same thing and undermines us in our standing amongst our allies, let alone any enemies.

It's time for the British military and the British people to stand up and say NO MORE defense cuts!

Agreed!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Is this really gonna happen? You've provided no links to suggest this will happen. I sure as hell hope you are right about this and are not leading us astray. You know that if this is a proven hoax, you will be banned?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Just to be awkward, but the UK hasn't had an operational aircraft carrier since 1986, we've done ok, but you do make a valid point anyway. We still have Illustrious and Ocean as Helicopter carriers though...

Suppose Argentina decides to have another go? Well guess what? They are history because thanks to budget cuts their is no carrier battle group, their are not enough transport aircraft to send reinforcements

Argentina is even worse off than we are, militarily. We still have plenty of C-130's and C-17 Globemasters too. The current force in the Falklands is plenty to see off anything but the most determined and well-equipped of invaders. That said, the very reason why they tried the last time was because of a vicious round of cuts to the Navy in 1980, which sent the signal we weren't interested ijn defence. This does exactly the same thing and undermines us in our standing amongst our allies, let alone any enemies.

Agreed!

Not to mention HMS Dauntless

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Suppose Argentina decides to have another go? Well guess what? They are history because thanks to budget cuts their is no carrier battle group, their are not enough transport aircraft to send reinforcements,

God Bless those brave men. I wish them the best. Im thankful that I live in a country where the government is more military friendly - of course we also don't have the regimental culture that exists in the UK and Commonwealth. The 3rd Infantry Regiment might as well be the 65th Infantry Regiment to most Americans.
edit on 5-7-2012 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

Stop talking crap about things that you don't know about.

You have no idea of our military capability, you probably don't even know where our country is.

link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Is this really gonna happen? You've provided no links to suggest this will happen. I sure as hell hope you are right about this and are not leading us astray. You know that if this is a proven hoax, you will be banned?

If you read through the thread you will see some links I have posted..

Its happening..

I would NEVER post it if it was not true..

link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Evan posted a couple of links before - it is going to happen, 11.00am 24th July.
Not everyone is going to be able to make it to London so people are trying to arrange protests at their local War Memorials as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join