It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbeit

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Arbeit

You're right, I misread it.

Apologies.

No need to apologise mate
At least you stand for your convictions

I'm too used to seeing genuine posts like that and saw red, some people genuinely have that Daily Mail attitude of all 'protesters need to get jobs' and such and failed to read the very end of your post.

Was a knee-jerk reaction on my half and I hold my hands up. Sorry for any offence.

Back on topic:

www.egovmonitor.com...

The UK government is undertaking a large reduction in Army numbers, cutting 20,000 posts due to budgetary constraints. The cuts are the results of a review titled Army 2020.

Hoping to cut spending, Army numbers will be reduced from over 100,000 to just 82,000. The number of part time soldiers in the Territorial Army is set to double to make up for the shortfall.[/quote[

The T.A eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by EvanB

I would support this shrinking of our armed forces if there were jobs for those losing their employment to go into AND we weren't going to continue to involve ourselves in conflicts abroad.

Both of these alternatives are laughably non-existent.

What we should be more worried about is the future use of private military companies/foreign mercenaries who have no loyalty to the country and people..... I will leave that one hanging..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by EvanB

I would support this shrinking of our armed forces if there were jobs for those losing their employment to go into AND we weren't going to continue to involve ourselves in conflicts abroad.

Both of these alternatives are laughably non-existent.

What we should be more worried about is the future use of private military companies/foreign mercenaries who have no loyalty to the country and people..... I will leave that one hanging..

Exactly.

Remember this article from 2011?

www.independent.co.uk...

Defence cuts mean British military commanders will have to rely on private security firms to carry out future operations, a retired general has said.

Major General Graham Binns said the UK's Ministry of Defence appeared more "reticent" about using armed contractors to support missions than other countries and other Whitehall departments.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

edit on 5-7-2012 by Arbeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I hope you march to Downing street and drag those swine from their chairs.

The military should not be privatised.

And don't let any of the pig scum try and stop you either. I'd pay good money to see the army give the police a good kicking.

It will not be a good idea to try and "kettle" us, though we will try and be peaceful... But you never know...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Best of luck to you. I always thought the armed forces would be a 'safe job' to have in terms of job security.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So what they've made British troops redundant and plan on hiring mercenaries? Surely that wont save any money, on the contrary. So what is their ulterior motive?
What does the Government gain from this, obviously trained soldiers who are not loyal to the country only loyal to their pay-packet. Tis scary times indeed.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
So what they've made British troops redundant and plan on hiring mercenaries? Surely that wont save any money, on the contrary. So what is their ulterior motive?
What does the Government gain from this, obviously trained soldiers who are not loyal to the country only loyal to their pay-packet. Tis scary times indeed.

History has shown that whenever a government see's its end coming they hire mercenaries to keep hold on power...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
More power to you brothers in arms across the pond. Just be sure to wear steel toe boots so that way when you kick their ass's they really feel it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just learned that one of the decision makers on disbanding these regiments is visiting 2RRF (one of the regiments being disbanded) tomorrow in Celle, Germany... He is expecting a march past... The boys are going to *ahem* give him something else..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Keep us updated, won't you? I'd love to see if there's any footage of the ivory tower types getting a non-nonsense message from disgruntled army types.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by EvanB

Keep us updated, won't you? I'd love to see if there's any footage of the ivory tower types getting a non-nonsense message from disgruntled army types.

Will do.. One of the lads has just told me how angry the unit is.. I would not turn up if I was this guy!
.. He even wants to take a salute

The lads will destroy him lol

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Sums it up quite nicely..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Its about time the Army and the Police stood up for the common folk of England against this criminal elite.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbeit

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Talks of cuts of up to 20,000. Pretty shocking stuff. Not a good time to have 20,000 disgruntled soldiers to be put out of work in such economically difficult times.

Good luck with your March, maybe they will take notice of you guys. Unlike anyone else protesting.

Thats because everyone else protesting falls into one of the following categories:

- Rich spoiled student scum who thinks communism is the way forward
- Rich spoiled student scum who is employed by the CIA as an "Anonymous" operative
- Ignorant foreigner who think we owe them a dime for their history
- Ethnic minority engaged in mindless looting.
- Pissed up posh person angry that they cannot abuse wildlife with rabid dogs

I have faith that you will be noticed, people support our troops, and probably will support them even more in the face of these cuts.

I am one civilian 100% behind you all the way.

Yeah, those disabled people protesting cuts to carers were real looters and troublemakers. How dare those SCUM chain themselves up in the middle of the road, blocking traffic with their wheelchairs. Useless scum leeching off the state!

/sarcasm

Seriously, you need to put down your copy of the Daily Fail and step out of that white van long enough to look at the country you live in and how things were before you started reading and believing the tabloid BS.

- Rich spoiled student scum who thinks communism is the way forward
Who are they and when did they protest? I must have missed that day. Most students are nowhere near "rich". I guess you picked out the one or two wealthy students caught out in the tabloids (seriously, what reporter wouldn't want to report about the 1 rich kid amongst twenty thousand acting like a tw@?)
Also interesting to note that "rich" people generally don't believe in communism, you don't get rich through communism, you get rich through capitalism - another system WE DON'T HAVE.

- Rich spoiled student scum who is employed by the CIA as an "Anonymous" operative
Some evidence of this would be nice. We do know - and have evidence that - the Met employ agents to cause violence and justify an attack on an otherwise peaceful protest, but I have never seen any evidence to suggest that the CIA is involved with anything. You'd think that if the CIA wanted to attack the cult of $cientology (which is what Anonymous became globally recognized for) they would have a more effective method than convincing young people around the world to protest outside their offices, wouldn't you? Maybe they could start by shutting down the cult indoctrination centers and the prison camps in the USA?

- Ignorant foreigner who think we owe them a dime for their history
Define an "ignorant foreigner". Do you mean people who come to the UK after our military has bombed the crap out of their country? Or do you mean other members of the EU doing jobs that our pathetic teens think are below them? Lesson for you, England was built on "foreigners". There is no pure English race of people. Our entire society came about as the result of invasion, migration and conquest over thousands of years. You are the result of "foreigners" to this land.

- Ethnic minority engaged in mindless looting.
There were plenty of white people looting in the August riots last year. There was not an "ethnic minority" responsible for the criminality we saw over those nights.

- Pissed up posh person angry that they cannot abuse wildlife with rabid dogs
This I would agree with. Although, it's not fair to assume that just because they're posh they're pissed up. It's also interesting to note that all the things they used as an excuse as to why they should be allowed to continue to hunt have not come to pass - we are not drowning in foxes, foxes have not invaded our cities any more than they had, hundreds of thousands of hunt staff were not made destitute.

I also support our troops, in the defense of our nation - not blindly following orders to attack another. I support this protest too, because we need a military and all of the cuts we are seeing are the result of massive corporate corruption with government.

We can have a social welfare system, we can afford our military and government, we can afford education of the next generation - we just need to make sure that those who are avoiding paying their taxes are forced to do so and those leeching off the public purse are put to use - government and citizen alike.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
At least there won't be any agent provocateurs stirring things up with this one.....at least you'd think they wouldn't be that stupid.

I just hope no idiots get involved that shouldn't be. I bet there are a lot of people who would love to see the police get a battering.

Truth be told though, the police would deal with it the same as any other protest, and rightly so. I'd imagine that whilst the soldiers will be royally hacked off, they will be professional enough not to get involved in any trouble. Hopefully there will be a mutual respect between protesters and police anyway.

As an ex MP though, best of luck to any little local scrotes that try and stir up trouble with that lot.

Hats off to the lads for standing up to this, it's rare that soldiers are allowed to or even bother. They just crack on with the crappy job regardless.

IMO they should swap jobs with the muppets in parliament for a year, straight swap, jobs, money, comforts, the lot. Maybe then they'd see why the lads are so pissed.

CX.
edit on 5/7/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm fully behind ya, but knowing how much of a deal this is why would the government approve the march? This could be the start of something huge if the police start playing dirty.If the march goes ahead it'll send shivers straight up all of the corrupt politicians.

But yes...replacing the army with mercenaries is NOT a wise idea.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ok, maybe I'm not reading this right, but...
Isn't cutting the military a good thing?
Don't we all complain that they spend too much on it as it is?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Ok, maybe I'm not reading this right, but...
Isn't cutting the military a good thing?
Don't we all complain that they spend too much on it as it is?

At times of stability it might be a good thing, but as we're expecting economic collapse to be followed by global warfare now is not the right time to cut back on the defense of the nation.

The last time we saw an economic collapse even close to this was in the 1930's, and it's widely believed that it directly led to the war.

Right now we have American power on the decline, power shifting to China and Russia, Israel threatening to destroy Iran, Syria threatening to attack Turkey, Europe on the cusp of falling apart and sinking into anarchy, the rise of the far-right in parts of the former Soviet states...

Of all the times to cut military - now is definitely not the right time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join