It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Your words have been shared by many in my regiment at the moment... Just wanted to say that they were well appreciated

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by EvanB

Ahhh, just want to be sure, in case I do manage to make it and end up being a lonely wierdo on the cenotaph on the wrong day

You could have fed the pigeons
... Thats how I roll in those circumstances..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
BBC news currently has this to say...

Government plans to cut the Army by 17 major units and 20,000 regular soldiers by 2020 have been criticised by MPs and former soldiers.

Labour said they were short-sighted and could put the UK at risk, while the Welsh First Minister described cuts to the Royal Welsh as a "severe blow".

But Defence Secretary Philip Hammond said the Army would be a "forward-looking, modern fighting machine".

www.bbc.co.uk...

Faces Criticism???

I think that is a bit of an understatement.
Seems they don't want too many people to hear about the plans to march...

What with the 50bn the bank is about to push into the system, the NHS issue and the general state of everything else, it would appear that the rats are trying to save the sinking ship..

They are starting to realise that the passengers and crew have had enough of their attempts at control and are soon going to be demanding a refund, in full... with interest..

Here is something that could stop the loss of the troops.. stop diplomatic immunity.. diplomats owe money..

Foreign diplomats in London owe £58m in congestion charges since the scheme's 2003 launch, the Foreign Office says.

According to figures released in a written Commons statement, US diplomats are the worst offenders, having built up outstanding fines of over £6m.

The US has long maintained that diplomatic immunity exempts it from paying the congestion charge.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If anyone else comes to the UK, they're expected to pay their way just like everyone else.. so why should diplomats be any different?
edit on 5-7-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
oh great, now the military who already get all their own way and get much more than they already should, are throwing their dummies out

both the military and the police can shut up as far as I'm concerned. I have no time for either of these manufactured "heroes"

I don't recall any of these soldiers ever listening or caring when millions of Britons marched on London against the war, but then they don't care about the people they like to boast they protect, do they?

It's about time the government are cutting back on the WASTEFUL military while millions of Britons are struggling to pay their bills. Just as it's been time that the government cut back on the police

but the government try both and what happens? the scrounging police and military start whinging, as if they're not already being given overs as far as resources are concerned since FOREVER, all the while British people can't find work or feed their families, while these hired mercenaries live nice and easy

and we find out yesterday that ex soldiers are going to be guaranteed interviews if they're on job seekers. Wow. I wonder how many people would have jobs right now if they were guaranteed an interview, some people go on Job Seekers for six month and struggle for .6 interviews!

We're moving closer to the levels of indoctrination seen in America and Australia. Will be glad to eventually get out of this country

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

deleted

Not worth it..
edit on 5-7-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

These regiments have 400 years of tradition behind them, much blood spilled under those colours... This will not stand...

Just because there is a tradition does not mean that it is worth keeping, and if it is a tradition where much blood has been spilled then that's even more reason for getting rid of it.

I think that's a good argument for getting rid of all soldiers, however i know that that's idealistic and while there are people who enjoy taking others' lives and doing the bidding of those in power, then I'm afraid that we are all doomed.

May a plague fall on both your houses.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

Perhaps you should direct some of your anger at those who deliberately misled this country into war, who screwed the economy over and have milked us dry for far too long now.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
British troops march on london?.....don't stop there,after government,they can then go to the bank of england and after that march on our energy and water supplies.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 8pointed1

And here appears the main reason why we should move onto the banks as well...
The LIBOR Scandal is the Biggest Scandal in History - Every Human on the Planet has been Ripped Off!,

We've all been waiting for the STHTF..
Here it is..
Get ready for splash back...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

These regiments have 400 years of tradition behind them, much blood spilled under those colours... This will not stand...

Just because there is a tradition does not mean that it is worth keeping, and if it is a tradition where much blood has been spilled then that's even more reason for getting rid of it.

I think that's a good argument for getting rid of all soldiers, however i know that that's idealistic and while there are people who enjoy taking others' lives and doing the bidding of those in power, then I'm afraid that we are all doomed.

Well on July the 28th there'll be a great deal of former soldiers, maybe some serving regular and TA lads and hopefully many thousands more civilians who would support our men and women to the very last. Let's see if you are brave enough to express your feelings to them in person. I doubt very highly that you would.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Fighting wars that you voted for...

Nobody voted for the wars...

Many, many marched against them though, In fact the biggest demonstration in decades.... the nation was pleading NOT to go to war.

Indeed. I was one of them. I'm the type of person who believes we need soldiers not wars. Kind of hypocritical maybe, but soldiers should be here to protect us. Not fighting some lost cause in a desert, on the actions of the greedy cabal.

March strong.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Unlike pretty much everywhere else in the World, the British Army maintain (maintained?) strong local links and is a part of the fabric of the nation..You will be hard pressed to find a single family in the UK that has not had a member serve in the Armed forces in some capacity.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

both the military and the police can shut up as far as I'm concerned. I have no time for either of these manufactured "heroes"

It takes guts to join up, then get shipped out to Afghanstan or Iraq. Quite a few soldiers have also gained recognition for putting themselves at an extreme risk of getting shot in order to save their colleagues. I'm pretty certain any soldier would do just that.

I don't recall any of these soldiers ever listening or caring when millions of Britons marched on London against the war, but then they don't care about the people they like to boast they protect, do they?

New Labour got voted into government again after ordering the invasion of Iraq. The Army has been loyal and selflessly committed to the government the voters asked for.

It's about time the government are cutting back on the WASTEFUL military while millions of Britons are struggling to pay their bills. Just as it's been time that the government cut back on the police

There's a huge difference between making cutbacks and leaving soldiers hanging out to dry.

the scrounging police and military start whinging, as if they're not already being given overs as far as resources are concerned

I wonder if you'll be whinging to the police if your life or property was threatened.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Its a fkn joke! I fully intend at throwing my medals at Buckingham palace gates..

Mate, you earnt those medals, dont throw them away, throw a bucket of SH!T instead.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

I would one day love to see all weapons melted down and soldiers return to the farmstead, but as I live in the real world and not one with unicorns that fart pixie dust I know how, at this moment, how very dangerous this world is..

We need a powerful and effective defence or we will be walked over in no time...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

With the current round of cuts in the armed forces including the loss of several historic English regiments the troops, both serving and ex serving, have had enough...

We are organising a march on London to give the government what for.... If you want to piss someone off, best not do that to battle hardened British soldiers...

On the plus side, with my conversations with the lads, they have woken up to the fact that our government is the REAL enemy... It is also good to see that many lads are coming on the march too..

This will get messy..

For Camoron..

Make sure to sharpen up the guillotine before you guys go. Remember...even as you guys had your "austerity" measures taken that spoiled brat and his b^tch wife spent something like $50 million USD on that stupid spectacle last year...not to mention the "jubilee" nonsense.

Good Luck! Roll a few heads for me across the pond as well!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I'll think you'll find your going to pissing in the wind if you take up an anti-monarchist stance..

Like it or lump it, 80% of the UK wants the Monarchy and the Jubilee celebrations were a big hit around the country.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Hey your statement a few pages back is so true...

Sorry but I copied it and posted it on face 'information gathering program' book.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join