It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
With the current round of cuts in the armed forces including the loss of several historic English regiments the troops, both serving and ex serving, have had enough...

We are organising a march on London to give the government what for.... If you want to piss someone off, best not do that to battle hardened British soldiers...

These regiments have 400 years of tradition behind them, much blood spilled under those colours... This will not stand...

On the plus side, with my conversations with the lads, they have woken up to the fact that our government is the REAL enemy... It is also good to see that many lads are coming on the march too..

This will get messy..

For Camoron..

I'm not only thrilled about this news, I'm hoping that the military in the USA will do the same. Our military and especially our soldiers are now classified as "terrorists" against the Obama administration. They have fought for our country and many lives were lost and instead of being a hero they are called a terrorist. Ain't that a bitch!

My feeling is that the next time our soldiers are going to be put in harms way, they should send every sticking congressman, senator and the president himself to fight their damn wars. Only then will they appreciate the true definition of soldier.

I hope that our president will see this on TV! I hope for the best outcome for all those brave soldiers in England. I wish you Godspeed! GIVE THEM ALL HELL!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

GOD BLESS YOU ALL ...I wish you all the luck in the world !!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hi there I think your cause is right and you guys should defend your regiments.
Once there gone your never be able to get them back so now is the time to do something about it before it's too late
However like has all ready been pointed out it's never going to happen while everyone is protesting in small groups each for there own cause everyone needs to come together and then we have a voice to be heard.
I think you guys would be surprised how far the British public would follow you if we thought you were speaking for us as well
With parliament not even being there on the day of your protest maybe you should look at postponing it till next month when the eyes of the world will be on London and it would give you guys a chance to open up your protest to being not just about you (which I do think is a very worthy cause) and including everyone in this once great country and giving us all a chance to have our voices heard by not only the bankers and the politicians that have sailed us down the swanny but by the world.
Can they really ignore us then??

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
Oh great now they are privatising the military.

This government has no shame does it.

Go march in London, myself and others are behind you lads all of the way.

Roll on peasants revolt !

It sure sounds like this G4S group is another Halliburton. Having their hands in energy, and while at the same time privatizing the military. It is quite dubious, and just like the mercenaries that were sent into the middle east this time around, they are not held to the same standards as government and when engaged in controversial operations or criminal activities, the govt can just shrug their shoulders and say "hey, wasnt us!"

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

Originally posted by diddy1234
Oh great now they are privatising the military.

This government has no shame does it.

Go march in London, myself and others are behind you lads all of the way.

Roll on peasants revolt !

It sure sounds like this G4S group is another Halliburton/Blackwater/Xe. Having their hands in energy, and while at the same time privatizing the military. It is quite dubious, and just like the mercenaries that were sent into the middle east this time around, they are not held to the same standards as government and when engaged in controversial operations or criminal activities, the govt can just shrug their shoulders and say "hey, wasnt us!"
edit on 6-7-2012 by AlonzoTyper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't really see why we should care? I don't give a turd about the military. It's a big stinking waste of money that should have been abolished 50 years ago but it hasn't, because too many interests are involved.

I feel bad for you but perhaps now is the time to start doing something useful rather than be part of a major scam to make some people big money.

As long as you realize that IF TPTB are removed, we will hopefully no longer require a big military complex and thus cuts are justified.

CX

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
I don't really see why we should care? I don't give a turd about the military. It's a big stinking waste of money that should have been abolished 50 years ago but it hasn't, because too many interests are involved.

I feel bad for you but perhaps now is the time to start doing something useful rather than be part of a major scam to make some people big money.

As long as you realize that IF TPTB are removed, we will hopefully no longer require a big military complex and thus cuts are justified.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion i guess. You'd be begging for the return of the army if there was suddenly none.

End the unjust greedy wars, yes. End the army? I'm not sure many people who say that have actually thought it through.

CX.
edit on 6/7/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Everyone is entitled to an opinion i guess. You'd be begging for the return of the army if there was suddenly none.

End the unjust greedy wars, yes. End the army? I'm not sure many people who say that have actually thought it through.

CX.

Who is ending the army? No-one. This is a cut from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020. That leaves 82,000 army resources, with third parties to take logistical roles as required that probably should never have been an 'army' responsibility. There has been no talk at all of 3rd parties performing in a combat manner, that is just smoke and mirrors to create an outrage.

I have as much respect for all of the armed forces as the next person, but this is being blown out of proportion. Attrition through retirement and the end of peoples commission over the next 8 years or so will mean many of the reductions will not even be redundancies, what is the major issue here? Many people theorise that any future wars will be less based on ground troop involvement than in the past due to emerging technology.

I think some people on this thread should take a breather, read the actual facts before making conclusions.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I hope you trigger a coup and drag those greasy slimey parasitic lying scum known as politicians from parliament.A bunch of traitors run that country,i have a feeling the whole populace will be backing up the army.

CX

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by CX

CX.

Who is ending the army? No-one. This is a cut from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020. That leaves 82,000 army resources, with third parties to take logistical roles as required that probably should never have been an 'army' responsibility. There has been no talk at all of 3rd parties performing in a combat manner, that is just smoke and mirrors to create an outrage.

I have as much respect for all of the armed forces as the next person, but this is being blown out of proportion. Attrition through retirement and the end of peoples commission over the next 8 years or so will mean many of the reductions will not even be redundancies, what is the major issue here? Many people theorise that any future wars will be less based on ground troop involvement than in the past due to emerging technology.

I think some people on this thread should take a breather, read the actual facts before making conclusions.

I won't suggest you practice what you preach by "taking a breather and read my post before making conclusions".....however if you want to.....i was replying to ThisIsNotReality's comment where he/she said that they didn't give a turd about the military and that it should have been abolished 50 years ago.

I know it's just cuts and i know they are not ending the army.

Not a problem though, we all do it.

CX.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

CX.

82000 soldiers... 86000 MOD pen pushers.... Disparity much???

Why not cut the desk jockeys who have run the army into the ground with wasteful spending?? The Army are good value for money and deliver the goods... The pen pushers have not... They have wasted billions... Why should we lose all of those historic regiments because of those pricks???

Regiments are families.. They are tearing apart families, traditions, courage, honour for the sake of these knob jockeys...

These exact circumstances happened during the 1930's... Look what happened.. WW2... And there is another war on the horizon... Those thinking these cuts are a good idea will not think so when they are being conscripted to fight the next biggy...

Sucked in... But I guess those foreign mercs will do hey?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardwired
Don't you guys see it? They want the UN troops to be the global army. So they're staging down military and are prepared to ask for UN assistance at the drop of a dime

Don't be daft..

There is no such thing as "UN troops".. You clearly haven't the foggiest how the UN works and are merely an Alex Jones tool.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Isn't it a maxim that the pen is mightier than the sword. If that is the case then why don't the admin get on the RAF boneshaker to Helmand, and take on the Taliban armed with nothing more than a Parker.

If that was the case I think we would see not only a retreat of policy, but a few of the old Regiments (including my own, the 22nd) go back to their colours.

Which is a point. this march should culminate in a parade outside Buckingham palace. Each may sworn allegiance to the Queen, if the army parades there, she has to respond.
edit on 6/7/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
There's a few skirmishes in 3rd world countries, actually no major nation is in a state of real warfare with another hige nation. That has not been the case for many centuries.

Did you miss the 20th Century then?

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Are you even old enough to know what the cold war was ?

How presumptive of you, especially when making a glaring error as you did above.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Looks like he made himself look like a right wolly
. I do hope though that the protest as a whole chooses to either do it a few days earlier before parliament go on their holiday or later on when they come back.....the media coverage will be a lot more significant if the MP's are present and actively discussing it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Get the guillotines! Get the guillotines! Give em ell boys!
[popcorn]

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

22 SAS or 22 Cheshire?? My platoon Sergeant in basic training was 22 Cheshire and a right bastard lol..

The route is still being discussed but dont be surprised if you hear of a few deviations

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When members of the Armed Forces protest against the ruling Government, it's called TREASON.

Armed Forces - you've all sworn allegience to The Queen, be careful what you're doing if you think you're taking part.

If Armed Forces protest goes to far, it could be called an attempted coup d'etat by the Government.

I would advise extreme caution, as organizer or rallier for something like this.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
When members of the Armed Forces protest against the ruling Government, it's called TREASON.

Armed Forces - you've all sworn allegience to The Queen, be careful what you're doing if you think you're taking part.

If Armed Forces protest goes to far, it could be called an attempted coup d'etat by the Government.

I would advise extreme caution, as organizer or rallier for something like this.

Its treason what the government have done...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by CX

I won't suggest you practice what you preach by "taking a breather and read my post before making conclusions".....however if you want to.....i was replying to ThisIsNotReality's comment where he/she said that they didn't give a turd about the military and that it should have been abolished 50 years ago.

I know it's just cuts and i know they are not ending the army.

Not a problem though, we all do it.

CX.

Hi CX, the 'take a breather' comment wasn't aimed at you, rather than those who seem to suggest violence will give an answer on this topic.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join