It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

i've been thinking about this all day at work.

this is a one-time pad protest, possibly the
last depending on what transpires. you guys
organising this,

have you considered the route?
will they allow the route through the financial district and are there
locations you cannot go?

i'm sure that the general public will get a
sinking feeling if restrictions are revealed to them against free-passage in
present-uk.

evan b i wish you and all the regiments well, please save a thought for those who have
already been shafted due to greed and stupidity. finally if you have a
link for a donation site, i would appreciate it.
f.

btw don't do facebook
edit on 6-7-2012 by fakedirt because: donation link

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
I don't really see why we should care? I don't give a turd about the military. It's a big stinking waste of money that should have been abolished 50 years ago but it hasn't, because too many interests are involved.

I feel bad for you but perhaps now is the time to start doing something useful rather than be part of a major scam to make some people big money.

As long as you realize that IF TPTB are removed, we will hopefully no longer require a big military complex and thus cuts are justified.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion i guess. You'd be begging for the return of the army if there was suddenly none.

End the unjust greedy wars, yes. End the army? I'm not sure many people who say that have actually thought it through.

CX.
edit on 6/7/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

Who is ending the army? No-one. This is a cut from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020. That leaves 82,000 army resources, with third parties to take logistical roles as required that probably should never have been an 'army' responsibility. There has been no talk at all of 3rd parties performing in a combat manner, that is just smoke and mirrors to create an outrage.

I have as much respect for all of the armed forces as the next person, but this is being blown out of proportion. Attrition through retirement and the end of peoples commission over the next 8 years or so will mean many of the reductions will not even be redundancies, what is the major issue here? Many people theorise that any future wars will be less based on ground troop involvement than in the past due to emerging technology.

I think some people on this thread should take a breather, read the actual facts before making conclusions.

82000 soldiers... 86000 MOD pen pushers.... Disparity much???

Why not cut the desk jockeys who have run the army into the ground with wasteful spending?? The Army are good value for money and deliver the goods... The pen pushers have not... They have wasted billions... Why should we lose all of those historic regiments because of those pricks???

Regiments are families.. They are tearing apart families, traditions, courage, honour for the sake of these knob jockeys...

These exact circumstances happened during the 1930's... Look what happened.. WW2... And there is another war on the horizon... Those thinking these cuts are a good idea will not think so when they are being conscripted to fight the next biggy...

Sucked in... But I guess those foreign mercs will do hey?

There is no talk of foreign mercenaries anywhere. You are either willingly stoking the flames or have fallen for Daily Mail type rhetoric - only you can answer that. I'm sorry to say this, and I hope you take it in the right way, but regiments may form comradarie, but they haven't been there for time immemorial, and things move on. When you talk about 'knob jockeys', they are the ones that agreed with the regiment formation in the first place. If you want another war that means 100,000 British Army people - not armed forces but Army people - then I feel a little sorry for you. We aren't an empire anymore, we should really have no need to deploy so many Army people. I know you will disagree - that's your right, please show me the same respect.

I'm sorry, but I think you are the one being sucked in based on your emotion.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If they come at you with chariots, use the runners, short javelin the horses when you see the whites a there eyes. Then, when the charioteers are scattered beneath their wounded horses, in go the runners light on their feet for the coup de gras.
Bobs yer uncle.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Not at all. If they went on strike, that would be mutiny. Merely protesting is just a disciplinary offence. Besides, they swear allegiance to the Queen, not Parliament.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
When members of the Armed Forces protest against the ruling Government, it's called TREASON.

Armed Forces - you've all sworn allegience to The Queen, be careful what you're doing if you think you're taking part.

If Armed Forces protest goes to far, it could be called an attempted coup d'etat by the Government.

I would advise extreme caution, as organizer or rallier for something like this.

Its treason what the government have done...

No, sorry, I'm apolitical but I can't agree with you at all. The previous government sucked the coffers dry, why do you think the Army would be excluded from any cost cutting?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

They are hiring PMO's to take up the slack.. This is not DM bullcrap but true.. Will try and find some links..

I respect your opinion mate... No hard feelings

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

When members of the Armed Forces protest against the ruling Government, it's called TREASON.

Armed Forces - you've all sworn allegience to The Queen, be careful what you're doing if you think you're taking part.

If Armed Forces protest goes to far, it could be called an attempted coup d'etat by the Government.

I would advise extreme caution, as organizer or rallier for something like this.

No, sorry, I'm apolitical but I can't agree with you at all. The previous government sucked the coffers dry, why do you think the Army would be excluded from any cost cutting?

We can barely cope at the moment as it is... The reality is that the civil servants at the MOD who are also apolitical wasted billions.. You cant keep blaming different parties when the civil servants are the ones doing the spending...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

They are hiring PMO's to take up the slack.. This is not DM bullcrap but true.. Will try and find some links..

No hard feelings taken, but I think the links you are going to look for will be dubious at best - no hard feelings to you. If it is proven without a doubt that mercs are doing the work on behalf of the government that would normally be done by conscripts, then I will agree with you - but that needs proof and doesn't mean any political shennanigans that a lot of countries do to allow plausible denial - I mean proof that they are in armed forces colours.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

We can barely cope at the moment as it is... The reality is that the civil servants at the MOD who are also apolitical wasted billions.. You cant keep blaming different parties when the civil servants are the ones doing the spending...

The Army can be just as bad/good from an administrative point of view. You see the Army as just being those that will be feet on the street - the Army also covers a lot of admin roles.... did you watch Question Time last night?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No hard feelings taken, but I think the links you are going to look for will be dubious at best - no hard feelings to you. If it is proven without a doubt that mercs are doing the work on behalf of the government that would normally be done by conscripts, then I will agree with you - but that needs proof and doesn't mean any political shennanigans that a lot of countries do to allow plausible denial - I mean proof that they are in armed forces colours.

abovetopsecret.com

That is all I have time for right now.. Will be back later though with more..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The AGC do a great job.. Have saved my ass a few times lol

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here is a few of my brothers who will be getting the sack soon..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
wow

link   
too cool

link   
cool

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This has been on the cards for a while.

Another supposed way of ''saving'' money, just like scrapping Nimrods, now the TA is supposed to be making up 30% of front line troops.

Backwards politics, ruining a nation, the NHS etc, it's beyond imaginable now.

Let's hope that somehow, something will be done that makes the UK a better place!

www.bbc.co.uk...

The government is to spend £1.5bn over the next 10 years to enhance the capability of the nation's military reserves.

Defence Secretary Liam Fox told the House of Commons that thousands more reservists would be trained for front-line operations.

This would result in the Territorial Army forming about 30% of a 120,000-strong army by 2020, he told MPs.

Labour said the announcement would mean regular troop cuts of 19,000.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

£445m EACH to build, £200m to scrap: The RAF's Nimrod jets that barely left the runway

The jets cost an eye-watering £445million each to build yet before they reached operational capacity, the Government move to axe the spy planes will now cost taxpayers an estimated £200mllion.

edit on 6-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wish you all the best, Evan B.

I was planning on joining either the army or the Royal Marines after I've finished college next year. Maybe I should start thinking of some other plans... It's hard enough to get into the public services as it is now, let alone in a couple years.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The old 22s, Battle of Sinde & Meeanee etc, The old Oaks.

Cheshires mate! Cheshires for life.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The one thing that is making me Grin about this, is I would love to see the Met try and kettle a bunch of angry squaddies, and officers too I hope.

I can here the orders now. as the police line up with the batons.
SECTION, ENEMY ATTAAAACK!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
I wish you all the best, Evan B.

I was planning on joining either the army or the Royal Marines after I've finished college next year. Maybe I should start thinking of some other plans... It's hard enough to get into the public services as it is now, let alone in a couple years.

I'd still give it a shot, given it's no less secure than the civvy jobs at the moment.

Oh, and what happens if the English Defence League decide to show up? They're bound to hear about this off one of the FaceBook groups.
edit on 6-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join