It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
All soldiers must take an oath of allegiance upon joining the Army, a process known as attestation. Those who believe in God, and wish to swear by him, use the following words:
I (your name), swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me.[144]
Others replace the words "swear by Almighty God" with "solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm".[145]

wikipedia
edit on 6-7-2012 by Zngland because: wikipedia

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
IMO our troops are being reduced because of the march (sorry) towards an EU army. Some wishful people think the EU union is finished. Far from it.
Read this article and think about it...
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 6-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by CX

This is the problem with the current form of protest in the UK, everyone has their own little protest or strike on Separate days and it can appear that people are only defending their own conditions, when it should be about defending everyones conditions. The police have their own separate protest, as do the Doctors, the nurses and teachers and now the Army. It would be far more effective if they all joined together for one day. They share the same concerns, just in different circumstances.

This was the intention of Occupy. And they did it in NY too.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing this soon. With so many groups now needing to protest, it's inevitable that one of them will formulate a single day of protest. I can't wait to see that either, it could genuinely bring London to a complete standstill. In fact, if they timed it right, it could bring the country to a standstill. I'd support that for one day

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
My only concerns about this march will be that it just turns out to be nothing more than that, and the politicians do nothing about it.

There's not really much more you can do, apart from if you're ready to go one step further and lay down arms.

I know there's a lot of passion in this thread, and rightly so, there should be because the topic is so serious, but looking at the protest itself realistically....

A peaceful protest is about all you can do. Anything more that amounts to violence or damage to property, can only do harm to the forces image. I think i'm saying, be professional, don't let yourselves end up looking like the chavs that rioted last summer. Apart from a full-on kicking out of the politicians...which won't happen...or a complete u-turn, which i'm not sure they'd do with such big plans, i think this will just be a point made and nothing more done.

The soldiers protesting haven't got pointer sticks at all. They will be unarmed on the streets of UK as always. contrary to general opinion, just because they are soldiers, it doesn't mean they can take all of their weapons out of the armoury to go protest with.

So in that sense, they will be dealt with in the same manner by the police as any other protester. Yes you would hope there would be a little more understanding, after all, many police officers are ex-forces themselves, but otherwise, a protester will get dealt with accordingly. Yes soldiers are trained to fight in combat, but generaly, the average soldier is no more deadly than any civillian who has been pushed far enough. I know it feels good to feel invincible, but lets be realistic here, we're not.

Many on this protest will be have been sat behind a desk for to long, or will be too worried about getting into trouble for theirs or thier family's sake, or just too disciplined to cause any concernable aggro.

I think there is a little too much hope for a "police v army" scenario going on.
As i've said before, hopefully the professionalism side will override any thought of this.

Please don't think of this as an attempt to belittle the protest. It is one of the most well deserved protests i can think of. I've served with many men in the past who suddenly had their regiments disbanded, and it's not a nice thing to witness. The army, or your regiment is not just a job to most. It's your life, your family, and they are one of the few people you would happily die for without a second thought.

I just hope that a peaceful march will do the trick. Best of luck with it. Just the medals being thrown over the gates at Downing Street would be a sight to see indeed.

CX.
edit on 6/7/12 by CX because: spelingz

You are wrong mate.. This is for the regiment.. That alone makes us deadly mofo's... We are hard chargers with or without weapons... This will be a game changer.. Trust me..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zngland

All soldiers must take an oath of allegiance upon joining the Army, a process known as attestation. Those who believe in God, and wish to swear by him, use the following words:
I (your name), swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me.[144]
Others replace the words "swear by Almighty God" with "solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm".[145]

wikipedia
edit on 6-7-2012 by Zngland because: wikipedia

We kept OUR oaths..

They have not..

Therefore the gloves are off..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by EvanB

No better in Oz matey. My brother went there for 12 months and while nice as a novelty, it soon wears off. Same old bollocks as here, just with plenty more creepy crawlies that can kill you while taking a dump. Personally, if I was to choose an Anglosphere country to emigrate to, it would be Canada...

But, good luck either way!!

I applied

But this country comes first...

I am very proud that the UK public has taken this to heart..

Its a bit like Dunkirk all over again... The public rescuing the army..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

yeah it sure is, especially as the police force are being reduced and the gap filled with these contractors who may or may not be felons, thugs and not trained properly. Very slippery slope indeed.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Is there no end to public sector greed? Tax levels are at 60% in the UK, but that doesn't seem to be enough for them, they printed another £50 billion pounds yesterday. They borrow £15 for each person in the couuntry every single day

Every time someone suggests any tiny cuts, whether it's Doctors on their multi-million pensions or overpaid soldiers wasting billions on unnecessary wars, we get the parasites whining and marching for more hand-outs.

Enough is enough.

We now kill people with unmanned drones, so we need fewer soldiers. Yes this means, the easy life some of you planned to live at the tax-payer's expense may be slightly harder, but as ex-public sector workers you will still be able to jump the queue for other hand-outs like subsidised housing etc.

You've taken enough from us already and if you have any self-respect you will be grateful for the taxpayers' generosity up until now and not try to force us further into debt.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by supermouse

Yes, unmanned drones....in the middle-east. But what happens if a full-scale conventional war occurs? Nothing needs to be cut but the bankers paychecks...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You will never win a war with drones... It takes infantry boots on the ground to capture and hold ground to do that..

You can have all the tech you want..

But its the grunt that wins wars not tech..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

In the unlikely event that we end up fighting a full-scale war in the next few years, it will be vital that we can purchase munitions and supplies to fight it with. If we've wasted all our money in the relatively peaceful times then we simply won't have the resources to be able to defend ourselves.

That's why its really important that the public sector reign in their greed now. This includes the money they hand out to the soldiers AND the money they hand out to the bankers. The situation isn't one where we can pick and choose, we need to stop the waste.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermouse
reply to post by Wulfric

In the unlikely event that we end up fighting a full-scale war in the next few years, it will be vital that we can purchase munitions and supplies to fight it with. If we've wasted all our money in the relatively peaceful times then we simply won't have the resources to be able to defend ourselves.

That's why its really important that the public sector reign in their greed now. This includes the money they hand out to the soldiers AND the money they hand out to the bankers. The situation isn't one where we can pick and choose, we need to stop the waste.

Maybe we should stop overseas aid, sending billions to countries with space programs and nuclear capabilities? Stop giving money to the defunct EU, or perhaps the banks???

Do you rely on any of those things? Do they protect your interests??

No

The people who are being let down are the people you rely on.. Doctors, nurses, police, the army... Time to take our country back from these vile money grabbing slavers hey??

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Doctors, nurses, police, the army... Time to take our country back from these vile money grabbing slavers hey??

Yes, in many ways, the average person is being forced into debt-slavery by overpaid doctors, police, soldiers and so on.

It's vital that we stop their greed. I think "vile money grabbbing slavers" is a bit strong though, many of the public sector don't even realise what they are doing is wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
EvanB, I totally support this action, as I posted earlier in the thread, but you might have a bit of a problem getting the right level of attention, because your march is scheduled for the 28th, yes?
Well, the rats that infest the Palace of Westminster go off on their summer recess on the 24th, so they will not be there to be told 'Enough is enough', unfortunately.
Nevertheless, the sight of thousands of soldiers marching in unison against the cuts will be a sight to see!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Living in a time where you are not longer standing at your window, awaiting the nuclear holocaust to strike at any given time.

There's a few skirmishes in 3rd world countries, actually no major nation is in a state of real warfare with another hige nation. That has not been the case for many centuries.

So what world do *you* live in ?

Are you even old enough to know what the cold war was ?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think you are cherry-picking here, as EvanB said sending oversea aid to countries such as india which don't even WANT the aid (see here)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And sending aid to nations which are filled with corruption. The EU is a huge waste of money in all honesty too, we can be a part of the EEC to reap the economic benefits but not be constricted by their laws via unelected presidents...and the banks...well.

edit on 6-7-2012 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Of course, should these protests go ahead, and turn nasty, we are looking at a very strange turn of events, whereby the civilian arm of state enforcement (the police) may well end up going toe to toe with the military arm of the self same state enforcement (the army). Personally, having their equipment to hand or not, my money is on the solders. And I know it's been said before in this topic, but yet again Scotland pretty much gets away without a scratch. A legacy stemming from one to many Scott in number 10 perhaps?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by EvanB

Are you even old enough to know what the cold war was ?

Of course.. I was trained to fight it

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I don't mean to poo-poo the good mans intentions, but if you don't have at least 10,000 willing to march, don't bother. You have to make a small impact on the economy i.e. screw up some commerce by impeding traffic to get any "public" notice. Just speaking from experience, my friend. I hope you succeed. God bless.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well if the soldiers are going to lead us into the breach. Then we should all support and back them up. Because this concerns every one of us, in all walks of life. These govt employee`s need to be told exactly what we elected them for. An it wasnt to help their friends in the banking sector to rob us all blind. I hope the soldiers do what they know how to do best and help to defend us from these criminels.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join