It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

America didn't invent the slave system. It was a system used for thousands of years brought here.
America did end slavery as a legitimate economic model for the world. That part is always glossed over though.

As Arbeit said, America wasn't the first to abolish slavery. Also, Lincoln only did it because he thought it would save the Union.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union" - Abraham Lincoln, August 22, 1862

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

got to tell ya something here...

I stand with the liberals on a lot of issues!
my ancestors were here to fight for this nation. and I got a feeling they weren't fighting for the right of big corps to sleep in the same bed as our representatives! they didn't fight for the right to pass through a scanner and get their dna scrambled!! they didn't fight for the right to go to the far corners of the world and transform countries into something that would be more pleasing to their eyes!!

if my ancestors were alive, if the founding fathers were alive...

wonder what they would have had to say on this fourth of july?????

I'm a liberal, and I am danged proud of this country, My ancestors and present family members have fought in every war that this country has been in!!!

but, none of them fought for what any of our leaders seem to be trying to create in this country at this time!!!

want to gripe about something, find something worth griping about!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

and now we have a black president....
just how does that work??

oh, ya, the american people didn't just voice their disgust, they worked to change things!!!
you do reallize that the women of old, well, they worked to free the slaves before they even put much effort at all into their own desires, right???

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbeit
Watching the disgraceful celebrations and scenes of joy in your country made me sick to my stomach. All I can think about is the 4000 people your countrymen killed in my country. All I can think about is the countless number of Iraqis and Afghans and Vietnamese and Japanese people who continue to suffer horiffic injuries thanks to your ruthless actions around the globe.

I cannot think of a single nation that has done more to harm the world than the US.

And I am no left winger by any stretch.

Spoken like a true America hater, maybe.
Yes we celebrate our freedom while a vast majority of the earth has none.
Some day maybe they too can be free like us and celebrate.
Maybe not.
Maybe there will always be a buffer zone between the free world and those under the yoke of oppression.
There will always be conflict in these buffer zones as the two ideologies clash.
Those who live there can be understandably disillusioned.
But it is the way things really are.
And we will continue to celebrate, because any human would if they had the chance.
edit on 5-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

America didn't invent the slave system. It was a system used for thousands of years brought here.
America did end slavery as a legitimate economic model for the world. That part is always glossed over though.

As Arbeit said, America wasn't the first to abolish slavery. Also, Lincoln only did it because he thought it would save the Union.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union" - Abraham Lincoln, August 22, 1862

It doesn't matter, slavery was abolished and no other world power since employed it as a legitimate economic model that the world accepts.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

edit on 5-7-2012 by Arbeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Criticizing America doesn't make one an "American hater." It merely means that someone is quite possibly not a nationalist or a sheep.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Uhh he is and the majority of black people in the USA were slaves at that time

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Criticizing America doesn't make one an "American hater." It merely means that someone is quite possibly not a nationalist or a sheep.

Or it could quite simply mean they are jealous of our freedom which they do not have.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I’m not surprised, shocked or angered by this display of colossal ignorance but I am saddened. You’d think people in America would celebrate our history of independence today, yet many chose this day as an opportunity to display their hatred for America on Twitter.

What’s most disturbing is that many of these people ARE the so-called “1%’ers” who are top earners. These people have taken full advantage of American freedom to earn millions yet they can’t seem to pay homage to the nation that afforded them the opportunities they’ve received.

I won’t quote all of this garbage but I’ll share a quote from Chris Rock, one of the highest paid entertainers of the 90’s for sure:

Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks.

If you’re as disgusted by this as I am I urge you to read the rest of these insulting comments and tell me what you think. Is this what you expect from the 1% in America? Are you surprised about what these Obama supporters had to say?

Anyway....Happy 4th, America!

edit on 4-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

ugh, "good post". and i use quotes cuz it was, but man am i pissed and bummed all at the same time when i clicked and read the rest... i cant beleive people who live here in America can be like that.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Or it could quite simply mean they are jealous of our freedom which they do not have.

Nobody is jealous of you, mark my words. When like me, you live in a country where you don't have to mortgage your home to see a doctor, where you have more than two political parties to vote for, when your media is not completely biased and slanted, when the president is the man who wins on merit and not how much money he has to spend, come talk to me about freedom. From here, your country looks like one of the most oppressed, controlled, manipulated societies on earth.

Oh, worth pointing out that ACTA and other net spying laws were thrown out here today, so I give it about 6 months before they are enforced in the US.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Arbeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Chris smokes the crack rock needs to move to another

country if he does not like it.. Same with the rest of them red diaper doper babies.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
sorry, but it's a fair point

"all men are created equal"

really meant

"all land owning white men. like literally men, we are not including women either. they can't vote, just so we're clear on that"

the founding fathers were not super heroes or perfect

deny ignorance indeed

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What about people who live in America, who were born here as were their ancestors, who criticize America? I criticize America frequently when I disagree with her policies. That does not mean I hate America. It means I disagree with some of her policies, actions.

How can you label people who follow Bush and Obama (and possibly Romney in the future) as sheeple, but then try to silence people who criticize America? To blindly follow America and criticize people who criticize her with wild accusations with wild accusations such as "You just hate America" or "You are jealous of our freedoms" would, IMO, be tantamount to sheep-like behavior also. It would be being a nationalist sheep. Do you not criticize actions and policies of America? If so then what makes you exempt from being labeled an "America hater"?

These are not personal attacks, they are serious inquiries, because, no offense, your stance seems to be somewhat hypocritical on one level or another.

As Michael Moore once said, and I'm sure you consider him an anti-American jerk because he's a "Leftist," "I refuse to live in a country like this, and I'm not leaving."

That means he disagrees with some of what America is doing but still loves his country and strives to change the things that he disagrees with. Isn't that the definition of patriotism? Aren't you and other "Righties" doing the same thing? Aren't you saying, "I refuse to live in a country that [insert political issue you disagree with], but I'm not leaving." You are vowing to attempt to change that which you disagree with.

Therefore, American critics of America shouldn't be seen as "America haters," but rather as patriots in their own right. You can't exempt them from patriotism just because you disagree on certain issues, just like they cannot exempt you from being a patriot for the same reason.
edit on 5-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
reply to post by seabag

if you are getting a government check for anything at all, then you are a welfare queen and it would also explain your defense of the system.

can i assume you are including the men and women who die fighting for your freedom to shoot your mouth off like an idiot?

piss off.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

These are not personal attacks, they are serious inquiries, because, no offense, your stance seems to be somewhat hypocritical on one level or another.

Hypocrisy is the American way.

"We can have and use nukes to attack innocent people, but you cannot have nukes to defend your country from other nations that openly talk about attacking you"

"We can use nerve, chemical and gas agents on innocent people with total impunity, but when you have them, they are WMD's and you must be invaded".

"We can abduct and illegally hold your citizens for questioning and torture, without trial or even inspection, but you must adhere to human rights laws or else we'll invade you".

"We live in one of the most controlled and manipulated societies on earth, with a culture that places absolutely no value on human rights and self dignity, but you have a dictatorship who we placed into power and armed for decades so you must be invaded."

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

What does a black president have to do with anything? Are black people supposed to sit down and shut up about their history in America? Not going to happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by EyesWideShut

So? His forefathers were and that's his FAMILY.

Perhaps in your family you're only concerned with your immediate family but in many other cultures we're taught all about those who came before us and put us in the position we're in..I even know the name and occupation of my Great, Great Grandfather.

oh please, show me his family tree showing he has a direct line to someone that was a slave. just cuz hes black doesnt mean a thing these days. couldve come over after the fact.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

He IS descended from slaves.

edit on 5-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

No, the person I was replying to clearly hates America and they do not live in America and by just their posts on this page alone you can see that they enjoy their hatred of America.

We are not even humans in his mind, as evidenced by his post "I did not see any humans celebrating yesterday"
So the hatred is extreme.

Your rant is out of place banter.
edit on 5-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join