It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So as long as it bashes America, you can't speak the truth? You're on the wrong site pal...

The blacks WERE slaves when we won our independence. Then our glorious nation spent half of it's current lifetime as one of the most racist countries in the world. Someone observes this as a counterpoint to our national pride...observes a blatant truth...and you decide he's out of line?

Fact: America was free, but the black people weren't.

If you don't like accurate honesty, then you belong in the White House. Don't project your politicial standards on everyone else.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why are so many black people so hung up on slavery? To me it seems that they wanna hold on to racism like it was them that were bought and made slaves. Bad stuff has happened to many of our ancestors get over it all ready Ugh!! Oh and if you don't like America leave!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
While he and others have their freedom of speech (provided by the Founding Fathers, BTW), they don't seem to mind using it to show how ignorant, and frankly worthless, they are. It's so terrible? Go enjoy some starvation and disease in Africa, pal.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The history of all of humanity is one of war, enslavement, people displacing other people, and all sorts of terrible things. There is one nation in all of human history that, when it broke away from its oppressive "mother nation", created a system (since destroyed) that actually did provide sovereignty to its citizens. So there were slaves. Cry about it.
Bottom line: American blacks are far far better off than any blacks in Africa. In the end, the slave ships did them a tremendous favor. That's a simple fact too.
The forging of the United States provided a path to the political freedoms enjoyed by African Americans today. They should be thankful for it or they should leave.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

"Out of context quotations are the last refuge of pseudo-intellectual buffoons"
--Me

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Why shouldn't he be allowed to make such a statement?

It WAS just a day of independence for white Amerikkka while his fore-fathers were in chains...

I think he should PROVE his forefathers were in chains if he is to run his mouth like that. Not every black person in American today had slave ancestors. Not every black person in American today had ancestors who were in American then. Many blacks came to America after slavery was abolished.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Chris Rock is a comedian. Comedians often say things that will rile some people up as it is part of their job. If you take something serious from a person who generally says things that are not meant to be serious, then you are asking to be angry and offended.

As for people getting over slavery? It happened. As much as people would like to just forget the whole thing, sometimes things are not so easily forgotten. I think what Chris Rock was getting at ( and obviously a lot of people did not get) is that July 4th is Independence day. It's a fact that not everyone was independent or free, which is ironic since the holiday celebrates freedom and independence.

In my own humble opinion I think that true patriotism means that you care about whether your country is doing right or wrong. Not just blindly accepting things that you know are wrong simply because your country is the one doing it. However, there will always be people who will fist pump and chant even when they know that not everything their country does is right. That's not just an American thing, that's an Earth thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

That doesn't change the fact that Chris Rock told the truth. Why are you so offended?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It would make a bit more sense for 2 independence days to be celebrated..one for black people that celebrates the ending of the civil war, and one for the rest that celebrates the ratification of the declaration. 2 holidays...there ya go, everyone is happy (and gets a extra day off work).

Then maybe a day of peace, to reflect on what we should be working on as a nation and a world? just tossing that out there...would like seeing a potus running several wars to give a speech yearly to explain how he is a peaceful president.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The history of all of humanity is one of war, enslavement, people displacing other people, and all sorts of terrible things. There is one nation in all of human history that, when it broke away from its oppressive "mother nation", created a system (since destroyed) that actually did provide sovereignty to its citizens. So there were slaves. Cry about it.
Bottom line: American blacks are far far better off than any blacks in Africa. In the end, the slave ships did them a tremendous favor. That's a simple fact too.
The forging of the United States provided a path to the political freedoms enjoyed by African Americans today. They should be thankful for it or they should leave.

What if the native american's don't like it? Where should they go?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
all those saying slavery happened get over it, say that to the holocaust survivors or to the native americans or to the displaced palestinans. dont forget government led racism in the u.s existed just 50 years ago, and continued after the holocaust. blacks were segregated and forced to drink out of separate water fountains long after slavery was outlawed. instead of being disgusted with people for bringing it up how about a little acknowledgement and disgust of what happened. yes america is a great country but dont be blinded by patriotism we had a downright evil history in this country, no one country is perfect but to deny our criminal past is like a drug addict that refuses to admit he has a problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

typical...

why are you bashing people exercising their rights on the day that celebrates a countries right to do so?

with so many unconstitutional things going on this year & the totalitarian tip toe what are you celebrating at all?

yeah corporations get to give money as if they are real people to influence our up coming election like never before!! yeah!!

print more fake money!! yeah!!!

put Americans in jail indefinitely just like gitmo terrorists!! yeah!!

seriously.. i could go on for hours...

think about it..it was not a good year or decade for freedom..

but you go celebrate like the uneducated masses..

and yell at the very few who can see it getting worse but

think it could be better..

talk about the sheep keeping the sheep in line...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It does not matter. You know, it's all a bunch of finger pointing and posturing. Right wing....left wing. I'l go with (kno)wing. And for the record, we're all slaves here, the chains are just invisible, and the same goes for the rest of this planet. Bush, Cheney, Clinton, Obama, etc, etc, etc. They're just all flip-sides of the same corrupt freaking coin. Until we can get past the finger pointing, and the "my political party is better than yours", nothing will change. And that is EXACTLY what they are counting on.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Hilarious, considering originally only the white half was free to exercise its rights.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You may not like what he said but what he said was 100% accurate. White people, who stole America from the non-White natives, fought for their "freedom" while keeping the Africans as slaves.

I would also like to point out how you tried to also turn this into a way to demonize Barack Obama. Your agenda is showing.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Watching the disgraceful celebrations and scenes of joy in your country made me sick to my stomach. All I can think about is the 4000 people your countrymen killed in my country. All I can think about is the countless number of Iraqis and Afghans and Vietnamese and Japanese people who continue to suffer horiffic injuries thanks to your ruthless actions around the globe.

I cannot think of a single nation that has done more to harm the world than the US.

And I am no left winger by any stretch.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbeit

Well, Arbeit, some people in this country (in fact, most people) are so caught up in the Left vs. Right ideological war that they try to demonize anyone who disagrees with them by labelling them a member of the opposing faction. It actually isn't just confined to America, either. It happens worldwide.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by EyesWideShut

So? His forefathers were and that's his FAMILY.

Perhaps in your family you're only concerned with your immediate family but in many other cultures we're taught all about those who came before us and put us in the position we're in..I even know the name and occupation of my Great, Great Grandfather.

America didn't invent the slave system. It was a system used for thousands of years brought here.
America did end slavery as a legitimate economic model for the world. That part is always glossed over though.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

reply to post by EyesWideShut

So? His forefathers were and that's his FAMILY.

Perhaps in your family you're only concerned with your immediate family but in many other cultures we're taught all about those who came before us and put us in the position we're in..I even know the name and occupation of my Great, Great Grandfather.

America didn't invent the slave system. It was a system used for thousands of years brought here.
America did end slavery as a legitimate economic model for the world. That part is always glossed over though.

Hate to bring facts and truth into the topic, but the British Empire ended slavery many decades before the US did, and it had a much bigger impact than when you abolished it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think it would be GREAT if instead of firing fireworks to celebrate your Independence, you (the people) would READ what your founding fathers wrote, WHY did they said what they said and IN WHAT STATE your country is right now.
The 4th of July shouldn't be "just" celebration, it should be a day of memory and reflection.
I hate your government and elite, they are murderers, but I love much of the american PEOPLE.
You gave us Jazz, Benjamin Frankling, Thomas Jefferson, M. Luther King, The X-files, Walt Whitman, and much more, but you also gave us Hiroshima...
4th of July should be more Whitman and less Hiroshima IMO....
edit on 5/7/2012 by drakus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join