It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America

page: 8
21
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by goou111
 


Yes, but none of the other countries defined "civilized" as "peaceful and cooperative". Either you fought to defend what you had, or you died and your killer took your wife and home.


the definition of civilized has changed 100 times as we progress as people

hell my grandmother was married at 14 had 4 kids b4 she was 17

and this was the norm in her time

is that civilized?




posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, I had posted a comment earlier ridiculing the whole "left/right" paradigm seeing as the entire point of this thread was for someone considering themself part of "the right" to attack what they consider to be the unified opinion of "the left" - later (just now) I finished reading through all the pages of the thread and saw that most of the replies shared similar sentiment.

So to the OP and those of like mind - you're entitled to your opinion, but I hope you do one day see the light - its not "anti-gay, pro-Corp" vs "give us free stuff" or "right vs left" - if yoy pay attention, you'll see both "sides" have reduced freedoms and set policies which rob from the "middle 90%” for the benefit of the wealthy while serving their. COrporate / international banking masters instead of the good of the people and our nation.

To the rest of you - my faith in ATSers collectively has been restored. I was starting to think we were be oming a group largely comprised of pro-rep/pro-dem empty-minders who were beer-bonging the kool-aid. Its good to know a large portion of us still haven't fallen for the world's most clever marketing.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 



yes, and every step of the way he was probably reminded of how black he was.


Maybe when he passed by a mirror!


Do you have proof of this or are you just being dramatic? Have you heard Chris Rock bag on whites in his act? He is a racist.

Look, I could have used one of the many other responses in my OP. I didn’t intend for this thread to be about CR. This is about the attitude of some of the richest among us who can’t seem to appreciate the opportunities afforded to them by this country thanks to the sacrifice of many brave American’s (many of whom WERE BLACK) who fought for our rights.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


I've seen every Chris Rock stand-up special that he has released.

Not one "racist" comment. None. Does he address race? Certainly. Not one anti-white statement. Period.

He's critical of racist people, yes. In fact, he's critical of black racists as well. In fact, one well-known bit has him stating that there's no group more racist than old, black men.

Rock is unflinching when it comes to the lunacy of American race relations. I understand that makes racists - admitted and closeted - very uncomfortable.

As a white man, I find nothing racist in anything Rock has ever said.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerKing
 



Hopefully someday I can go without feeling guilty for crimes I didn't commit.


This is so dumb. No one wants people to feel guilty.

The way society treated blacks up until rather recently, you know what caused the civil rights movement, wasn't done by the rich, it was done by nearly everyone. There is still huge ongoing racism even now. Slavery is only one part of black American history.

^This paragraph. All it does is speak is the truth and white people freak out, and start acting like someone is asking for reparations. That's not the point, people just want to be treated with equal human worth. Most people like to learn about their history, do they not?

They want you to stop doing what you just did. Stop throwing defensive panic attacks once blacks talk about their history in general. It really makes no sense. Everyone else can talk about their history and no one has a problem with it. Black people do it and everyone throws a conniption fit.



edit on 6-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


Have you heard Chris Rock talk about blacks in his act! He's so racist... No. He's a comedian, get over it.

It's like getting offended when Bill Maher makes a republican joke, quite ridiculous.

reply to post by jtap66
 


Spot on. They're going to accuse you of having "white guilt" pretty soon.

edit on 6-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
reply to post by seabag
 


I've seen every Chris Rock stand-up special that he has released.

Not one "racist" comment. None. Does he address race? Certainly. Not one anti-white statement. Period.

He's critical of racist people, yes. In fact, he's critical of black racists as well. In fact, one well-known bit has him stating that there's no group more racist than old, black men.

Rock is unflinching when it comes to the lunacy of American race relations. I understand that makes racists - admitted and closeted - very uncomfortable.

As a white man, I find nothing racist in anything Rock has ever said.



Good for you!

I’ve heard him go on and on about how the government makes money by putting blacks in jail, the government is suppressing black people and keeping them from becoming wealthy (yet Rock makes millions
), only the white man can prosper in America, etc, etc. Most of his routines are about how the black man has it bad and whites have everything Blah Blah Blah. It's all America's fault!




Anyway, it’s not about his racism…the thread is about his disdain for the country that has given him opportunities to make a living telling race jokes. It's tasteless to talk smack about America on the 4th of July.

He’s free to do it…that doesn’t make it right!





edit on 6-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


amen,,,,, that video is the first bit of truth ive ever seen you post



and i just realized the problem.,.,.,.,, you cant think about other people,.,.,, their minds and feelings and struggles and realities dont exist to you.,.,.,. so when chris rock is talking about people throughout history and millions of people today,,,, you can only comment on "why is he saying anything,,, look at how well off he is"

hes not speaking his mind and truth for selfish reasons,,,, he cares about truth and other people,,, he wants other people to be as free as he is,,,, to have the same opportunities etc..
edit on 6-7-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)


and you will respond he should keep his mouth shut,,,, because he cant make anyone as free as he is,,, he can make anyone successful,,,,, thats something only individuals can do,.,.,., republicans all view themselves as responsible individuals,,,, they only respect repblicans because they know that republicans are just like them in every way,, probably why they project their views of supposed conformity and sameness on other groups of people or political parties or what not.,..,,..,

go to work,, pay your bills,,,, have a family,,,, stay off my lawn,,., i dont want to hear about you,,,, i dont want to know you have any issues ,,,,, for some reason i dont want your daughter to be able to have an abortion,,,,, for some reason i want your son to kill those weird lookin folks in other countries,,,,, if we kill them all there will be no chance for them to come on my lawn,,,,,,,,, im perfect,,,,, why isnt everyone else?
edit on 6-7-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Anyway, it’s not about his racism…the thread is about his disdain for the country that has given him opportunities to make a living telling race jokes. It's tasteless to talk smack about America on the 4th of July.

He’s free to do it…that doesn’t make it right!



I agree with you, but the topic appears to paint all those on the left as being unpatriotic. It clearly says "The Left Celebrates..". It should say 'Chris Rock celebrates..". Chris Rock does not represent all those on the left anymore than Ted Nugent represents all those on the right.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


Are you kidding me?
Nearly EVERY libertarian makes the same drug argument he did. He isn't talking about all white people, he's talking about the power structure. What ATS calls the elites..which are white.

He then GOES ON TO SAY "It's not all white peoples fault, it's blacks fault to, maybe if we didn't spend all our money on RIMS, we'd have some to invest. Black people we love rims...A brotha put rims on a toaster if you let him"...

He ends it with "Americas problem is that we worship money".

If you find that segment racist then you're uncomfortable hearing the truth simplified with comedy fixed in.

Most black people do not blame all white people for anything...they blame the elites, like ATS does...


edit on 6-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66
 



WARNING! NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

PLUS FOUL LANGUAGE!


edit on 6-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
go to work,, pay your bills,,,, have a family,,,, stay off my lawn,,., i dont want to hear about you,,,, i dont want to know you have any issues ,,,,, for some reason i dont want your daughter to be able to have an abortion,,,,, for some reason i want your son to kill those weird lookin folks in other countries,,,,, if we kill them all there will be no chance for them to come on my lawn,,,,,,,,, im perfect,,,,, why isnt everyone else?


Oh man, you just made my day!!!


[Edited to add:]
Reminds me sooooooooo too much of RIP George Carlin... NIMBY!!!

Have a look:

edit on 6-7-2012 by SpookyVince because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


I think you just might have something personal against Chris Rock. I am going to say something that just might blow your mind. Lots of people bash America, not just Chris Rock. Look, I realize you think America is the best thing in the world since... Jesus, and that's cool.

However I am afraid to tell you that not everyone thinks so. This might come as a shocker to you, but that includes some of your fellow Americans. I know that I for one have not been very happy with Uncle Sam lately, because he's got some "splaining " to do. Does that mean that I hate everything about America? No. My way of showing my patriotism is recognizing that there are some things that are not quite right. That doesn't mean I am bashing America, it means I am telling the truth.

Sometimes in life, people are going to say things you don't like. That is a fact my dear.I am sure you would be horrified to hear that I agree with some ( if not most) of what Chris Rock says. Sorry to break it to you, but it's also my right as an American citizen to agree with things you might not agree with.

In conclusion, try taking a chill pill. Getting stressed over people mocking 'murica is only going to give you a heart condition.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


Not to mention the wealth part of the comedic act was true. I guess you've never heard about redlining...which still goes on today. But then again most people that listen to Rush Limbaugh tend to not know much about history or ongoing social issues.


Redlining is the practice of denying, or increasing the cost of services such as banking, insurance, access to jobs,[2] access to health care,[3] or even supermarkets[4] to residents in particular, often racially determined,[5] areas.

Although in the United States informal discrimination and segregation have always existed, the practice called "redlining" began with the National Housing Act of 1934, which established the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).[10] The federal government contributed to the early decay of inner city neighborhoods by withholding mortgage capital and making it difficult for these neighborhoods to attract and retain families able to purchase homes.[11]

During the heyday of redlining, the areas most frequently discriminated against were black inner city neighborhoods. For example, in Atlanta in the 1980s, a Pulitzer Prize-winning series of articles by investigative reporter Bill Dedman showed that banks would often lend to lower-income whites but not to middle- or upper-income blacks.



Dan Immergluck writes that in 2002 small businesses in black neighborhoods still received fewer loans, even after accounting for business density, business size, industrial mix, neighborhood income, and the credit quality of local businesses.[20] Gregory D. Squires wrote in 2003 that it is clear that race has long affected and continues to affect the policies and practices of the insurance industry.[21] Workers living in American inner cities have a harder time finding jobs than suburban workers.[22

Lending institutions such as Wells Fargo have been shown to treat black mortgage applicants differently when they are buying homes in white neighborhoods than when buying homes in black neighborhoods.




Bank of America on Wednesday was ordered by the Justice Department to pay a $335 million settlement for the company’s part in a discriminatory lending market that denied black and Hispanic home buyers the approval needed to purchase homes.

Allegations against Countrywide involved more than 200,000 minority borrowers and found that Countrywide charged those lenders more money than they charged to white borrowers with similar credit profiles from 2004 through 2008.



www.inquisitr.com...

Blacks are discriminated against by banks. Even if they have better credit, better jobs, better everything. You try becoming wealthy if you cannot even get a loan to buy real estate. You try becoming wealthy if you cannot get a business loan to expand. You try becoming wealthy in an institutionalized racist society. It isn't impossible but the odds are against you, more than whites.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by seabag
 


Are you kidding me?
Nearly EVERY libertarian makes the same drug argument he did. He isn't talking about all white people, he's talking about the power structure. What ATS calls the elites..which are white.

He then GOES ON TO SAY "It's not all white peoples fault, it's blacks fault to, maybe if we didn't spend all our money on RIMS, we'd have some to invest. Black people we love rims...A brotha put rims on a toaster if you let him"...

He ends it with "Americas problem is that we worship money".

If you find that segment racist then you're uncomfortable hearing the truth simplified with comedy fixed in.

Most black people do not blame all white people for anything...they blame the elites, like ATS does...


edit on 6-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



are you kidding? you think seabag watched that video?? he posted that to get a pat on the back from all the republicans that can see the image of chris rock on that youtube clip and what the title of the video is and superficially talk crap on how much they hate him,,, everyone and everything,



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince
 

That one George Carlin video lead to another, and another, and before I knew it, I'd wasted 2 hours laughing my butt off



As for Chris Rock, meh, free speech & all that jazz, he can say what he wants. Me personally, I was more amused seeing just about every.single 4th of July themed item made in China than I was amused/whatever with the holiday itself. Shouldn't that kind of stuff maybe...be made within the nation for the nation's birthday? It'd be like outsourcing a traditional Chinese wedding in Beijing to, I dunno, Thai wedding planners in Bangkok. Loses some of the meaning & importance, no?
At this point, the USA's birthday is just plain sad anymore anyway. It's like seeing a joyful, happy fellow turn into a paranoid, bitter, hardline old coot a little more each year.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by TylerKing
 



Hopefully someday I can go without feeling guilty for crimes I didn't commit.


This is so dumb. No one wants people to feel guilty.

The way society treated blacks up until rather recently, you know what caused the civil rights movement, wasn't done by the rich, it was done by nearly everyone. There is still huge ongoing racism even now. Slavery is only one part of black American history.

^This paragraph. All it does is speak is the truth and white people freak out, and start acting like someone is asking for reparations. That's not the point, people just want to be treated with equal human worth. Most people like to learn about their history, do they not?

They want you to stop doing what you just did. Stop throwing defensive panic attacks once blacks talk about their history in general. It really makes no sense. Everyone else can talk about their history and no one has a problem with it. Black people do it and everyone throws a conniption fit.



edit on 6-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


You proved my point by still hanging onto a weak argument.

I didn't do anything to anyone, so I can give a crap about what "they" want, whoever they are. I believe in equality, man or woman, any color or creed, but constantly accusing innocent people of crimes because they share a skin color is the epitome of racism. And there isn't a good person of any color on this planet that would want to be associated with the worst of their color.

We will never have true equality unless people can find it in their hearts to forgive the dead. But going after the current problem would be too much work.
edit on 7-7-2012 by TylerKing because: Needed an ending



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Just worth pointing out that your countrymen decided to slam down a deep insult and attack on my country, it's culture, it's monarchy and people in a magazine, all on the 7th Anniversary of the 7/7 bombings in London.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So when you people ask yourself why the global population dispises you and hates on you every single day, this is why.

Now, because of this, I won't ever travel to your country, give your economy any money or help any US American in any circumstance, and I will bag on your nation every single day, especially on 9/11 and other sensitive times.

I absolutely hate every single one of you.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TylerKing
 


Who is accusing anyone for crimes they didn't commit? I know I sure didn't. I know most black people don't.

When blacks speak of things like "white privilege" they are speaking about institutionalized racism.They are not blaming all white people, they are commenting on the way society is set up. As you can see from this post it still is going on www.abovetopsecret.com... .

Blacks should be able to talk about social issues that affect them without people becoming defensive. It is just weird.


Institutional racism describes any kind of system of inequality based on race. It can occur in institutions such as public government bodies, private business corporations (such as media outlets), and universities (public and private)


It is the same argument that most ATS members make on the injustices that bankers have perpetrated on society. Are they blaming the lady that works at your local branch as a teller? No. They are talking about the powerful head honchos with enough wealth to influence nations.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by TylerKing
 


Who is accusing anyone for crimes they didn't commit? I know I sure didn't. I know most black people don't.

When blacks speak of things like "white privilege" they are speaking about institutionalized racism.They are not blaming all white people, they are commenting on the way society is set up. As you can see from this post it still is going on www.abovetopsecret.com... .

Blacks should be able to talk about social issues that affect them without people becoming defensive. It is just weird.


Institutional racism describes any kind of system of inequality based on race. It can occur in institutions such as public government bodies, private business corporations (such as media outlets), and universities (public and private)


It is the same argument that most ATS members make on the injustices that bankers have perpetrated on society. Are they blaming the lady that works at your local branch as a teller? No. They are talking about the powerful head honchos with enough wealth to influence nations.



Instead of blaming whitey which is the de facto way of dealing with issues in the black "community", try looking in your own circles. You might find the answers to a lot of questions and solutions to alot of problems become a lot clearer. I bet you'll just carry on blaming whitey though.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join