It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
See, it's this sort of behaviour and petty bickering that makes us happy we got rid of that troublesome colony!

Ballbag likes to get on his horse and steam into anyone who has the temerity to in any way criticize the good 'ol USofA. Another blind little sheep who is perhaps too braindead to see that perhaps the USofA has become a cesspit of corruption and is in danger of imploding due to it's own mismanagement.
In doing so though, it strikes out and blames everyone else for it's ill fortune and any criticism is blasted as being "anti-American".
Well, if you can't take the criticism, then stop dicking around with the rest of the worlds affairs and sort your own internal problems out. There is no independence to celebrate and it's become nothing more than a PR opportunity for the politicians to make hollow speeches and get everyone waving their little "Made in China" flags.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If Chris Rock knew his history he would know that slaves who fought for General Washington could gain their freedom for doing so.

Hollywood is becoming more and more moronic...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why should they have had to fight to gain a right inherent at birth and can only be infringed upon by another human?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was really into setting off fireworks and watching adults get drunk when I was a little kid... I was able to direct much larger fireworks being dropped in the form of high explosive bombs, napalm, white phosphorus, 7.62 mini cannon and 20mm cannon before my 19th birthday..... The light from flare ships on elephant grass gently moving in the night breeze was kind of relaxing to look at but caused 50% of the 100% on perimeter watch to be asleep at any given time.... I'm not into celebrating "rockets red glare,the bombs bursting in air", I've experienced the real thing first hand... I am angered since the same country that looked down on fellow vets and myself turn on the appreciative look and thank me for my service especially when they are people that asked "how many babies did you kill" when I first returned home.... Yeah, what I really want to do is go out in public around a bunch of bigoted flag waving Rednecks where things go boom unarmed.... I don't do unit reunions either.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You seem upset ;(

Not at all...I'm just calling a spade a spade. You're a drive by poster who adds nothing to the discussion! 

I didn't attack anyone however you just did attack me, I must say that's quite hypocritical. And it was directly on the topic, it was about anti-american statements on the fourth of July.

Your first post was one word. Your second post claimed that ATS is a bunch of right-wingers. Was any of that on topic?

I'm sure you agree with Chris Rock, right? Does America owe you something too? Good luck collecting!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

LOL! Are you kidding me? That has got to be the most moronic thing I've ever read on ATS.

So African slaves had to fight in an army, risking their lives in order to gain their freedom that they should have of had at birth. All for a country that would have treated them as less than human beings, free or not. That's really nothing to be stating to make George Washington look like a good guy.

That just gives Chris Rocks statement more validity.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nope my first post has a sentence and a youtube video.

Your second post claimed that ATS is a bunch of right-wingers. Was any of that on topic?

My second post directly had to do with both political spectrum making anti-American statements. So yes, as I already said it was completely on topic. What does you analysis of my posts have to do with the topic though? Being hypocritical again I see.

I'm sure you agree with Chris Rock, right?

Pretty much

Does America owe you something too?

When did Chris Rock say America owed him something? But no, the USA doesn't owe me anything. But how is this on topic?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If you care so much about people "bagging on America", then why are you here?

I love how you even try to lump in people too.

I didn't a goddamn thing to slam America today.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels.
- Samuel Johnson

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.
- Bertrand Russell

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it
- George Bernard Shaw

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious
- Oscar Wilde

Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy.
- George Bernard Shaw

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
-George Bernard Shaw

“My country, right or wrong,” is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, “My mother, drunk or sober.”
- G. K. Chesterton

PATRIOT, n. One to whom the interests of a part seem superior to those of the whole. The dupe of statesmen and the tool of conquerors.  -Ambrose Bierce

PATRIOTISM, n. Combustible rubbish read to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name.  -Ambrose Bierce

Patriotism in its simplest, clearest, and most indubitable signification is nothing else but a means of obtaining for the rulers their ambitions and covetous desires, and for the ruled the abdication of human dignity, reason, and conscience, and a slavish enthralment to those in power.
- Leo Tolstoy

The time is fast approaching when to call a man a patriot will be the deepest insult you can of him. Patriotism now means advocating plunder in the interest of the privileged classes of the particular State system into which we have happened to be born.
- Leo Tolstoy

Still waiting, Leo, but the obtuse flag-waving, yellow ribbon-wearing troglodytes will not snap out of their stupor.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I’m not surprised, shocked or angered by this display of colossal ignorance but I am saddened. You’d think people in America would celebrate our history of independence today, yet many chose this day as an opportunity to display their hatred for America on Twitter.

What’s most disturbing is that many of these people ARE the so-called “1%’ers” who are top earners. These people have taken full advantage of American freedom to earn millions yet they can’t seem to pay homage to the nation that afforded them the opportunities they’ve received.

I won’t quote all of this garbage but I’ll share a quote from Chris Rock, one of the highest paid entertainers of the 90’s for sure:

Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks.

If you’re as disgusted by this as I am I urge you to read the rest of these insulting comments and tell me what you think. Is this what you expect from the 1% in America? Are you surprised about what these Obama supporters had to say?

Anyway....Happy 4th, America!

edit on 4-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Wow it's nice to finally meet someone who is telepathic. None of the people say if they are left or right so how do you know that they support the left? Because they say things you don't like? Nice to see you don't support free speech.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Seabag seems to be typical right wing regressive. Chris Rock has made millions here, therefore it disqualifies him from any critical thought, and anything other than 100% homage to the dollar is blasphemy.

This worship of the dollar and nothing more is what creates this sheepish attitude that the USA is heaven on Earth.
Chris Rock is every bit as American as you and me, and he has every right to speak as he wishes. Just because you don't recognize the glaring hypocrisy in the founding of the nation, the disgusting corporate political system we have in place now, and the industrial military complex and it's never ending quest for more foreign wars at any cost, does not mean they don't exist. It especially doesn't mean that we should bury our heads and blindly worship red, white and blue. To love one's country is to speak about its problems and to try and bring it to the forefront of greatness.
If you believe money is greatness, then your quest is complete.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The right-wing slam everyone they disagree with by wide-reaching accusations and slander.

Another day passes in partisan American and nothing changes at all. Well done for playing the game.

edit on 5-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

What part of my post confused you two? At no point did I state I approved of slavery or advocated it or said they should have had to fight for their freedom. My post was with regards to Chris Rock who apparently thinks only White people fought in the revolutionary war. As far as ridiculous / idiotic statement that would apply to Chris Rock, not me.

You 2 need to read the post before jumping to a wrong conclusion.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

America is not was what it used to be, maybe if you retook your country they would be proud of that date again? Anyway it is pretty pathetic to slam the 4th of July, there are a LOT of things Americans shouldn't be proud of, but the 4th of July is definately one that they should.
Take care.

CK.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

There is nothing wrong with being proud in ones country.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I love my country because it’s the greatest in the world. It's the same country that gives 'celebrities' like CHRIS ROCK the right to run their mouth on the fourth of July in America. A guy would get shot for that in many countries but not here!

How exactly is your country the greatest in the world? That statement makes no sense at all lol

Out of 200 countries in the world yours is the best...why exactly? Who says it is, apart from you that is? You do get that saying something like that is completely subjective, right?
My god...so blinded by the El-ite control system of nationalism. I can't believe I used to be like you.....

You just don't get what others are trying to tell you, do you, mate? Celebrate the freedom of the US, yes. But to blindly celebrate the 4th of July in honour of independence from my country in 1776, is not very logical. Remember the good things you do have(like you are trying to say) but never forget the downside to it all.

Chris Rock might have come off as an idiot to you and others, but he did have a very good point.
Freedom for some but not for others? Also, how many years was it till non whites had equality?
And how many years was it to the racial hatred in the US and the western world was over? It still exists today!

I'd just like to say that I'm in no way bashing America. Because like you I didn't agree with many of the comments in the link you provided, or how they were worded. I can see both sides of the argument.

Celebrate the idealism of America but don't forget where it's all gone wrong.

edit on 5-7-2012 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Wow it's nice to finally meet someone who is telepathic. None of the people say if they are left or right so how do you know that they support the left? Because they say things you don't like? Nice to see you don't support free speech.

Originally posted by spinalremain
Seabag seems to be typical right wing regressive. Chris Rock has made millions here, therefore it disqualifies him from any critical thought, and anything other than 100% homage to the dollar is blasphemy.

It's as if you guys read my mind. What is up with all this left/right BS?! This is ATS guys....of all places on the net to post you should know that this nationalistic, overly patriotic, 2 party system you have, is no more than a control system, meant to keep us all arguing amongst ourselves. It's called divide and conquer!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't want to express any strong emotion here, the thread has got enough now to keep it going. Heck, I might even try for a few laughs. Consider a few selected holidays:
National Static Electricity Day
Squirrel Appreciation Day
Buzzard Day
Weed Appreciation Day
Be Kind to Lawyers Day

What day are you suggesting for "Love America Day?" One day when you can say without embarassment "I love this country, it has done amazingly wonderful things. It is the dream of people throughout the world, and I am lucky to live here."

One day? Apparently not. Are people afraid that if we trash America for only 364 days out of the year we'll forget that it has flaws? Are there hearts so filled with hate that they cannot stop themselves from spewing anger every single day? Is society so twisted that if you say something good about America you can no longer be considered "cool," one of the"acceptable" people? Is it that "only stupid, uneducated, extreme right-wing, racist, homophobic, reactionary, hillbillies like their country, and we don't want to be called those names?"

Sure, you have a right to say what you want. (At least in this country.) But what good does it do, what does it accomplish, how are your fellow citizens improved, by attacking the country on July 4?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Chris Rock isn't even liberal, he appears to be centrist according to quotes

The whole country’s got a #ed up mentality. We all got a gang mentality. Republicans are #ing idiots. Democrats are #ing idiots. Conservatives are idiots and liberals are idiots.

Anyone who makes up their mind before they hear the issue is a #ing fool. Everybody, nah, nah, nah, everybody is so busy wanting to be down with a gang! I’m a conservative! I’m a liberal! I’m a conservative! It’s bull#!

Be a #ing person. Listen. Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion.

No normal decent person is one thing. OK!?! I got some # I’m conservative about, I got some # I’m liberal about. Crime – I’m conservative. Prostitution – I’m liberal.

en.wikiquote.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join