It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Well, I had posted a comment earlier ridiculing the whole "left/right" paradigm seeing as the entire point of this thread was for someone considering themself part of "the right" to attack what they consider to be the unified opinion of "the left" - later (just now) I finished reading through all the pages of the thread and saw that most of the replies shared similar sentiment.

Yes, many on ATS don’t want to associate with the left or right. All pseudo intellectuals fancy themselves “independent”. Enjoy your kool aid!

So to the OP and those of like mind - you're entitled to your opinion, but I hope you do one day see the light - its not "anti-gay, pro-Corp" vs "give us free stuff" or "right vs left" - if yoy pay attention, you'll see both "sides" have reduced freedoms and set policies which rob from the "middle 90%” for the benefit of the wealthy while serving their. COrporate / international banking masters instead of the good of the people and our nation.

Get off your soap box and re-read the OP. The point of this thread is to point out how ridiculous it is for someone like CR to cry about America while he makes millions of dollars “entertaining” not working…it’s especially ridiculous and disrespectful to do so on 4th of July!

To the rest of you - my faith in ATSers collectively has been restored. I was starting to think we were be oming a group largely comprised of pro-rep/pro-dem empty-minders who were beer-bonging the kool-aid. Its good to know a large portion of us still haven't fallen for the world's most clever marketing.

Pseudo-intellectual, anyone? Star each other up and feed your big egos…I don’t care.

Thanks for the posts!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The point of this thread is to point out how ridiculous it is for someone like CR to cry about America while he makes millions of dollars “entertaining” not working…it’s especially ridiculous and disrespectful to do so on 4th of July!

So you're a communist that listens to Rush Limbaugh?
Not working? Millions of dollars, Class warfare?

I didn't know someone had to work in a lumber mill to consider that as "working".

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

So you're a communist that listens to Rush Limbaugh?

That makes no sense…please elobaorate if you want to be taken seriously.

Not working? Millions of dollars, Class warfare?

No class warfare…just pointing out the obvious. He’s an entertainer who makes millions, typically by standing on stage and bashing the country that’s afforded him great opportunity to become successful.

I didn't know someone had to work in a lumber mill to consider that as "working".

Standing on stage talking trash isn't a hard gig, dude.

Try getting shot at for minimum wage! Try delivering pizza to make ends meet. Try construction. Tell me again how bad he's got it!

edit on 7-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am beginning to think that you just might be trolling for attention. You clearly do not understand the point of being a comedian or satire. Chris Rock actually makes a valid point, as I have stated about four or five pages back. It is absolutely true that not everyone was free on this nation's first Independence day. That's not him bashing, that's not him making up lies. That is a FACT. He is simply pointing out the irony.

Also you don't have to be a " pseudo-intellectual to identify yourself as independent, not everyone wants to choose a side. Especially when both sides are really following the beat of the same drum regardless of some superficial issues that " separate" them. I am sure you will ignore me, as you have been doing, just thought I would put my point across yet again.

Honestly it's people like you that have turned America into 'murica. People have the right to say whatever they please no matter if it offends you, me, or anyone else. That is the point of America, the country you love so much. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"Standing on stage talking trash isn't a hard gig, dude.

Try getting shot at for minimum wage! Try delivering pizza to make ends meet. Try construction. Tell me again how bad he's got it! "

this is the best!!!!! you are a foolish child,,.,.,., you dont gotta say anything to me or about me,, i know what you do have done and what you think and how you think,.,.,. but man,,,.,.,.,,

i was gonna say stuff about free market and individual passion, skill and talent but you will only deny chris rock has any talent because you already think what he does is easy..,.,,.

so i guess I can only say,,,, can you write one original joke,..,,.,. if you can,,..,, try 2.,.,,.,.,.,. and then look up how many hour long comedy specials chris rock has done,.,.,. look up how many movies hes been in,.,.,.,. look up how many shows all over america and the world in hole in the wall bars to nice ones,.,.,.,. and then look up the day to day work ethic and carrier decision of every other america to judge and critic them,,,,, noone said he has it bad,,,,,.

most of all id like to hear an original joke,,.,.,. how many times have you performed on a stage in front of an audience?

"i performed on the stage of war for the audience of the forefathers and what they stood for" your a pawn get over it,.,.,.,.,.,. your one out of 7 billion people that exist in this world,,,, get over your self,,.,,. grow up

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oh god! Every political conversation is an insane waste of time. As soon as left vs. right is mentioned, all reason goes out the window. No one will ever budge an inch on their views. Even after being told this, everyone always envisions only their opponent's stubbornness, never their own.
It should be obvious that the only thing important in politics is being on the side that is right. And the way to go about doing this isn't by making sure everything we say is accurate, but by destroying any evidence to the contrary. In any news story, what are always zeroed in on are whatever points of interest that can be used as ammo to dispatch our opponents (even though they are NEVER affected by our attacks)... and never those points that could bring us closer to revising our own perspective. Those gnawing little bits that could raise doubt about our own rightness simply become invisible to us.

Our higher reason should be just totally revolted by all of this.

A parallel comes to mind. There are people on the internet that debate what would result from a hypothetical conflict between the 'United Federation of Planets' of Star Trek and the 'Galactic Empire' of Star Wars. Basically, the debate is who would win if they went to war with each other. What really impresses me is that divisions automatically form between the Warsies and the Trekkies. The Warsies insist the Empire would win any conflict and rationalize away any """evidence""" (

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join