It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I’m not surprised, shocked or angered by this display of colossal ignorance but I am saddened. You’d think people in America would celebrate our history of independence today, yet many chose this day as an opportunity to display their hatred for America on Twitter.

What’s most disturbing is that many of these people ARE the so-called “1%’ers” who are top earners. These people have taken full advantage of American freedom to earn millions yet they can’t seem to pay homage to the nation that afforded them the opportunities they’ve received.

I won’t quote all of this garbage but I’ll share a quote from Chris Rock, one of the highest paid entertainers of the 90’s for sure:

Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks.

If you’re as disgusted by this as I am I urge you to read the rest of these insulting comments and tell me what you think. Is this what you expect from the 1% in America? Are you surprised about what these Obama supporters had to say?

Anyway....Happy 4th, America!

edit on 4-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Irony.

They are using products created by American innovation and days off provided by the celebration to insult the country that allows them the freedom to say whatever they want.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

1st Amendment, Brother...

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Stupid people fall for the left/right dialectic. They have been programmed to shut down and refuse to consider certain ugly truths. Will people ever escape the divide and conquer? No. They will continue to defend the side they have been programmed to be loyal to and slam the other side. They refuse to see that their side is virtually identical to the other side in its actions and especially the outcomes: debt, war, demoralization of the populace and general downward spiral.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

left right roles are blended. as years pass, less distinguishment can be made.

right attacks on own GOP Nixon created EPA is laughable.

The recent ruling on healthcare is used as faux talking point, Romney did same thing on his state.

Obama continued, and amplified Bush warmongering

plenty of contradictions

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Stupid people fall for the left/right dialectic. They have been programmed to shut down and refuse to consider certain ugly truths. Will people ever escape the divide and conquer? No. They will continue to defend the side they have been programmed to be loyal to and slam the other side. They refuse to see that their side is virtually identical to the other side in its actions and especially the outcomes: debt, war, demoralization of the populace and general downward spiral.

What does your pseudo-intellectual lecture to me have to do with people bagging on America on 4th of July??

Forget political affiliation, I’m saddened that ANY AMERICAN would take TODAY OF ALL DAYS to bag on this country….especially those among us who are most fortunate!

Get off your high horse!

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that Chris Rock should forget about the glaring hypocrisy that was "independance"?

The wasn't bashing America as you put it. He was reminding people to not fall in love with this idea that our new nation was a flawless creation. Hems suggesting that to not ackowledge the problems and hypocrisy, that we are only perpetuating it and repeating it.
I'm sure Chris Rock loves America. I'm sure the idea of slaves in a supposed "land of the free" sickens him though. You musn't create a false dichotomy where because he points out faults, that he automatically hates America. Nothing is perfect and I think he was trying to make people remember reality.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
America is no longer a beautiful place like it once was. America should bow it's head in shame instead of having a cocky celebration.
It saddens what pain/terror/harfships that America has inflicted on other countries for the sake of natural resources and power-just sickening!

AMERICA BOW OUR HEADS IN SHAME AND BEG FOR MERCY!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

I don’t begrudge them the right to be stupid!

It’s just sad that a guy like Chris Rock (I’ll use him as an example since I quoted him) whose made millions in his FREE LIFE IN AMERICA would be so insulting.

You and I served our country with honor…it saddens me to see others trash it, yet I’ll stand with you to defend their right to do so.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I really thought the beauty of being an American was being able to say whatever was on your mind. including things that other Americans might not like. Would it upset you if I said these people were being true Americans as they are embracing their first amendment rights? They have opinions, and they have the right to voice those opinions on a public forum. You also retain the right to feel they are morons and idiots. I'm sorry, i can't see the problem here.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Good on him for saying what he feels.

The slaves weren't free and probably did enjoy fireworks....

Look at it as him enjoying the right to exercise free speech

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

He was reminding people to not fall in love with this idea that our new nation was a flawless creation.

Does something have to be ‘flawless’ to acknowledge its significance and importance in your life? Chris Rock would be a slave today if not for the greatness of America in righting its wrongs and doing what’s right.

He’s an unappreciative douche bag IMO.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Keep your fake holidays, your depleted uranium and your fake brainwashed plastic flag patriotism. America no longer makes heros. It makes widows and welfare queens. If you are getting a government check for anything at all, then you are a welfare queen and it would also explain your defense of the system.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

You and I served our country with honor…it saddens me to see others trash it, yet I’ll stand with you to defend their right to do so.

It ain't for everybody, but somebody's gotta do it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by poppycock
reply to post by seabag
[more

Seabag deuchebag same diff!

See!

"anonymity breeds contempt"
edit on 5-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Why shouldn't he be allowed to make such a statement?

It WAS just a day of independence for white Amerikkka while his fore-fathers were in chains...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Keep your fake holidays, your depleted uranium and your fake brainwashed plastic flag patriotism. America no longer makes heros. It makes widows and welfare queens. If you are getting a government check for anything at all, then you are a welfare queen and it would also explain your defense of the system.

I’m trying to get some perspective on your comments…where do you reside?

No welfare here!
I love my country because it’s the greatest in the world. It's the same country that gives 'celebrities' like CHRIS ROCK the right to run their mouth on the fourth of July in America. A guy would get shot for that in many countries but not here!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Why shouldn't he be allowed to make such a statement?

It WAS just a day of independence for white Amerikkka while his fore-fathers were in chains...

You can say whatever you want, I just find it to be in poor taste to complain about being a slave...if you were never a slave.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So? His forefathers were and that's his FAMILY.

Perhaps in your family you're only concerned with your immediate family but in many other cultures we're taught all about those who came before us and put us in the position we're in..I even know the name and occupation of my Great, Great Grandfather.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join