It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Athlete Claims Blacks are superior to Whites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
OK, I can't resist.

I totally agree with the guy - blacks make far better athletes, in general, than whites. It's freaking obvious. No problem there. More power to them...

But if a white man made the claim, for example, that whites are better at chess because they have a higher general IQ - do you think this would be acceptable? Obviously not. He would be ridiculed, and called a racist.

Yet, at bottom, how is this different than a black man claiming superiority based on genes?

Thanks Fox the truth is out there
I believe

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There was most definitely a slave eugenics program in the south. before the civil war.
I have yet to see anyone discuss that effect on modern Black men
I did serve with a guy who was a notorious partyer yet two days at the gym and he had a perfect physique,
At least they're free to enjoy it now.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
Each race has its own gene pool that makes a difference to their way of survival etc. Before anyone says I will just say I am aware that people have for a long time been moving continents and so the gene pool is a forever changing part of nature.

Eventually creating the opportunity for new race's, and/or cultures to be created yes ?
edit on 2-7-2012 by Hess88 because: Just because

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree. The issue is taboo because to point out the differences is to apparently insult whoever is classified as the "weaker" category for any given issue. I would say from my perspective of being a white male. I think that yes, many African Americans are physically stronger/built more for certain athletics like running. They tend to have larger leg muscles then their fellow white males. On the other hand I would say that white men are far more adept at driving fast. My only proof for this. Look at a sport like basketball or running....It's dominated by black people. While sports like racing and hockey are dominated by white people. How many black people have you seen in an Indy car race or an F1 race or hell even a nascar race? I rest my case. For the record nothing I said I meant as a racial discrimination or bigotry. They are merely observations...I'm just trying to break the taboo by putting my own reputation at risk.
edit on 2-7-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

a lot of it is just plain wrong,, like there are no black hockey players,,
or British lacrosse players,,
or a white guy will ever win the Boston Marathon,, ever,, again, lol sorry could not help it,,

hey sometimes ya just gotta say,, yup,

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Thats quite possible. Lets look at it like this though, when it comes to hockey: Would the genetic advantage still hold true in the cold environment? Afterall, it is a fact that african americans are adapted to warmer climates. SO would the cold make the genetics null and void?

Its along the lines of swimming. For so long, it was thought to be racist to say that Blacks arent as good of swimmers. Then it was found that genetically, most blacks have denser bones, causing them to spend more energy while swimming.

now, you still have some blacks who excel at the sport, but it is not dominated the way others are.

I've wondered about the climate / genetics factor some as well. For example if you look at various weightlifting and strong man competitions. They tend to be dominated by big white guys from countries who whose populace tends to have last names with lots of consonants in them. Northern Europe, former SU etc. or their relocated descendents.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If I had to pick a person by race to win a running race I would pick a black guy.

If I had to pick a person by race to run a country I would pick a white guy.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by benrl

I agree. The issue is taboo because to point out the differences is to apparently insult whoever is classified as the "weaker" category for any given issue. I would say from my perspective of being a white male. I think that yes, many African Americans are physically stronger/built more for certain athletics like running. They tend to have larger leg muscles then their fellow white males. On the other hand I would say that white men are far more adept at driving fast. My only proof for this. Look at a sport like basketball or running....It's dominated by black people. While sports like racing and hockey are dominated by white people. How many black people have you seen in an Indy car race or an F1 race or hell even a nascar race? I rest my case. For the record nothing I said I meant as a racial discrimination or bigotry. They are merely observations...I'm just trying to break the taboo by putting my own reputation at risk.

Thank you for your input
You are right it is Taboo to talk about these things but you made you point very well
good for you and thanks again

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If I had to pick a person by race to win a running race I would pick a black guy.

For me it would depend on the Country in question
but i can see your point
edit on 2-7-2012 by Hess88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
But, given equal access

What the hell is this equal access bull crap? If you are saying black people are told to go away if they want to play ice hockey then I'd have to laugh at you.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Hess88

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

dIVISIVENESS AT IT'S BEST BUT AT LEAST NOW NOBODY CAN DENY BLACK RACISTS EXIST ANYMORE.
Do you understand the difference between being racist and prejudiced? If not, I suggest you do a little reading. Racism and being prejudiced is NOT the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
There are a multitude of factors involved here, from ancestor lifestyle (running from a lion tends to build faster muscles), to eugenics (the strongest slave men were bred with the strongest slave women, creating strong offspring), to many others.

Okay, now that it's been said, I don't see what there is to discuss here. Is there a lesson to be learned? Should we force our kids to mate and reproduce with those of better physical traits, or out of love?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

I think he's talking about poorer areas / schools etc. not having access to sports that require equipment and buildings for those sports that richer areas would.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Jim Crow was racism...it's impossible for black people to pull a Jim Crow on white people, or any other race. Black people can't even do that in Africa. Racism and being prejudiced...two different breeds of cat.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

But you wouldn't pick a person by race. You would pick the fastest person. Or, would you choose a 70 year old black man over a 25 year old white man to win a race?

Would you choose a white high school drop out to run a country over an educated black man?

'Race' is not a choice. It's a poor excuse that completely negates an individual's abilities.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

That has to be one of the most racist statements in ATS history. On that note, white guys have been running the world since the beginning,and,yet,here we are bigot. You probably couldn't run a lemonade stand. Your name is carseller...figures

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

To some extent he is correct, black people seem to be faster than other races, it doesn't mean they are superior, because white people also seem to be stronger than other races, whilst asians tend to be more flexible and coordinated.
All races have their unique attributes.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

All I could think of was Jimmy the Greek. He got fired from CBS for saying this exact same thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper

Originally posted by getreadyalready
But, given equal access

What the hell is this equal access bull crap? If you are saying black people are told to go away if they want to play ice hockey then I'd have to laugh at you.

They aren't told to go away, but there aren't a lot of ice hockey rinks, swimming pools, and golf courses in impoverished areas, and a lot of the black athletes grow up in impoverished areas. I know it is a stereotype, but it is also true.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

A must read...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join