It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin and my 'crazy' wife

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

What i find usually happens is that i change the outcome of my dream

For instance, if there was a locked door and i needed to go through the door for some reason, i would change it so i could open it!

I seem to be able to realise I am dreaming then change what happens in the dream.

Does that make sense?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by talloolah
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

What i find usually happens is that i change the outcome of my dream

For instance, if there was a locked door and i needed to go through the door for some reason, i would change it so i could open it!

I seem to be able to realise I am dreaming then change what happens in the dream.

Does that make sense?

Did your ability start early like my husbands? When he was a kid and was having a bad dream.. he changed the dream. Very cool ability IMO.
The funny thing was he never knew he had anything out of the ordinary until we were watching TV and it was spoken about on some paranormal show. So almost 5 decades and he never knew it was unusual.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by talloolah

It makes perfect sense, I have often done this. It started early in my childhood as well. The thing is you have to start getting creative with what you are dreaming about. See there is no difference in Astral Projection, and Lucid Dreaming, other than Lucid Dreaming, you are still in your body. If you can make yourself conscious that your body is lying still in your room, and you are dreaming; You can from that point will yourself to leave your body. From here you can delve into learning a great deal about the quest of enlightenment, see other planets or parts of the Earth, visit people, etc.

This is also a big part of how expert remote viewing is done. Can also be done with Visualization coming from the same brain function.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by talloolah

I seem to be able to realize I am dreaming then change what happens in the dream.
Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense and it is a natural ability for many people! I have, many times, even rolled back portions of dreams to explore different choices at critical points. Don't feel weird that you know and can control dreams. Instead, feel sorry for those who can't. Especially feel sorry for those who can't control and suffer from disturbing dreams.

Because you can control at least some content, with a little practice, you can probably direct some fraction of your dreams to have specific content by focusing on that subject, with the intent of dreaming about it, while falling asleep. Try, for example, dreaming of an outing in a beautiful or peaceful place. A little easier is re-entering a previous dream that wasn't finished. More difficult, but also possible, is recognizing warnings of potential future states and allowing those dreams to continue without modification.

I've been able to direct dreams to help provide insight into behaviors and choices. I'd advise not doing this for a whole range of religious / spiritual questions unless you are ready for really intense and potentially life altering visions. Like Ouija boards, some doors when opened may not be easily shut. In addition, they may be beyond your ability to control without solid spiritual grounding.

I totally disagree with some of the posts on here that astral projection is a type of lucid dreaming. It's not simply "flying around" in a dream -- which is a common and mundane experience for many. The sensation is very different. For one, I am very aware that I am in fact out of my physical body. For me, it's not a sense of "more freedom" form limitations of the body but more a sense that the body no longer cloaks (or filters) my experience. I'm also very aware, perhaps others are as well, that there is a connection to the body which may be broken by choice; once broken it will lead to physical death of the body.

Vivid dreaming, too, is different from both lucid dreaming and astral projection. Many people who wear nicotine patches at night experience vivid dreams. As far as I know they do not then gain awareness during dreaming nor do they gain the ability to modify the dream at will. Apparently many people find vivid dreams more disturbing than regular dreams. Nicotine behaves like a neurotransmitter and may have many positive uses beyond making dreams vivid: www.ehow.com... parkinson_s-disease.html

Again, don't feel weird or odd about your ability. It is a gift. Learn to use it and do try to pass it on to others who are less fortunate.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

Not the same, just linked..Lots of people have projected from Lucid Dreaming phase because they could become aware they were indeed sleeping. Instead of interacting with the dreamscape, they modified the reality. Saying leave my body. I have had this happen similarly before. Realize that I was dreaming and tell myself to leave my body..Almost worked. I'd still be Projecting like I did when I was a kid, if people hadn't convinced me dreams didn't mean anything...

I will attempt to find an e-Book that describes the Astral Projection via the Lucid Dreaming phase. It is quite similar to those who meditate out. Your body becomes paralyzed and sleeping, while your mind is still going. They then use that time to get out. Lucid Dreaming just puts you in the 'phase' to get out. It's up to you, to choose so.
edit on 4-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks O P and Sam,,,,,,,Sorry cant resist this my wife scorned my use of English today She is English Im Scotish..she said you cant say that its a double negative...So all day Ive been stalking anyone ..her hopefully whom utters a double neg...You wrote one in your beutifull description off Sam,,,,,,,honestly have never known anyone not like her........That my freind is a double negative an is stateing that you have never met someone whom isnt like your Wife an sadly thats not the case ...I also used to lucid dream as a child up untill puberty I thought it was normal..I could control my dream and the charecters an objects within the dream.An then as I hit my teens it stopped Id still rarely get the odd dream where I knew I was dreaming but then Id wake up,Im 53 now an havent lucid dreamt for thirty years.An I think I now know whyy...No matter how bizzare my dreams are or what I am in those dreams.An Im not always me or even human or animate in them..I GO INTO MY DREAMS WITH A BACK STORY AN HISTORY THAT makes everything seem real an plausable within my dream.Even if Im the queen of sheeba or a lampost Ive experianced a life as said person or object.Its hard to explain but Im sure some will understand.When I was young I never used to enter dreams with a backstory /history of the situation an would realise instantly that things wernt right.And know I was dreaming an be able to manipulate events. B T W I also think Sam may be empathic rather than depressive .But be very carefull about how you proceed an do not stop her medication unless under medical supervision.................

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

I'm quite similar to your wife. I lived my whole life on my emotions, and I was quite empathic to others' emotions. Then about 6 years ago things began to catch up with me to the point I had a bit of a meltdown, got really depressed and crying all the time. That was in 2009. At that time I went from having amazing off the wall dreams I'd had my entire life, to having boring run of the mill dreams (repeating things from that day and going to work etc).

Finally I oculdn't take it any more and I asked my doc to give me something. So I went on a low dose of citalopram. It made me sleep more, but it also made me cold emotionally. At the same time I began to dream more wildly again, but still run of the mill stuff.

I came off the anti-depressants a while later because I didn't like not being able to cry. But I've been left emotionally drained and cold. Except with animals. Although I wonder if I'm bouncing off my partner who can be quite a negative person.

Anyway I've been taking bee products this past few months and my dreams have become more lucid and amazing and I look forward to going to bed at night now. It's far more interesting than real life put it that way

I love binaural beats btw, something about them makes me feel like my head has been opened up and my brain is getting lots of air, and I'm floating through space.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join