It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin and my 'crazy' wife

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I beg to differ, i personally do not think that LD and OBEs are "very" different, in fact i think they are extremely closely related.

Could you elaborate why you think they are different?

If you can't see the difference, I would say you have never had an out of body experience.

ETA. A lucid dream is just that, a dream.It exists inside your ..
An out of body experience, is a separation of consciousness from your body and functions independently from your brain. They are very different and have totally different sensations and feelings. A lot of people would like to think they have had an OBE but in reality it is usually just a very vivid lucid dream. As I said, if you think the two experiences are similar, you have never had an OBE.
edit on 2-7-2012 by CallYourBluff because: pingu

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Namaste, my fellow soul!

I am glad to see that my research has enlightened yet another person, and let me assure you that your wife is NOT crazy. From your opening statement about her depression and lucid dreaming, I have deduced one of two conclusions. Either she has very high Serotonin levels in her body, which can actually make you depressed as well. This could be the cause of her quite vivid and lucid dreams, because at night your Serotonin is converted into Melatonin. Or, her Serotonin levels are being depleted because of her extensive lucid dreaming and this is actually causing her to lose the Serotonin and become depressed.

If you can get her levels measured one day when she hasn't taken an SSRI, let me know how it turns out. We might be able to go from there. Venaflaxine is a fluoridated anti-depressant and I would take IMMEDIATE steps to get her off of it. If it's merely a problem of low serotonin levels due to her extensive lucid dreaming, she can take an l-tryptophan and 5-HTP supplement in the morning after waking up. I also think that her being an empath will affect her consciousness as well.

I myself would like to talk with Sam and help you to make her aware of how a great a gift it is that she has. She has the ability to do a great deal of things through the Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection. If she were to actually focus on it and encourage herself to better, she would make leaps and bounds. The gift is a deep connection to the essence of the Spiritual realm, and I don't think she should squander her gift, but learn to understand and control it.

If you or she have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure myself and some of the more spiritually inclined members of this forum, can help you two get set right (:

~With Respect,

V.A.
edit on 2-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Binaural beats aren't effective unless you listen to them with .phones on. Speakers are useless. Just saying.

When you listen to them through speakers the right and left channels (stereo panning) become mixed into one sound, and your brain ends up perceiving it as a monaural sound. This is pointless. You need to use .phones because the left and right channels are playing separate tones. You want your right and left ear to be hearing one tone each.

edit on 3-7-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I do not know much about melatonin, but i have had dreams where i was aware that i was in the dream state, i have read things in my dreams also.

I tend to have a lot of "creepier" dreams, then regular ones i guess. Recently i had a bazaar dream, that revolved around this girl, probably 8 or 9, not sure. It may have only been a series of segments that i actually remember, but i will never forget the end, where i and this girl were outside i was looking at her shoes for some odd reason, she leaned over and made direct eye contact with me and then i woke up.

I was weirded out for a few days after, all i could see was this childs face, and her going out of the way to get my attention, ..
edit on 3-7-2012 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

It's called lucid dreaming.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I should have suspected this, however not sure if my All-In-One computer is effected. I don't know if they separate the output or not. I often run Solfeggio notes when I lie down for my meditation before bed.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Good morning everyone,

Well first of all can i just say thank you for the great advice and kind words from everyone. Sam did come on here last night and as far as i am aware she answered any questions via private message, i dont know why but she said she preferred to do it like that.

She has also asked me to set her up an account, which i have just done and so she will be able to come on here herself this evening rather than having to use my account and so i assume she will be along this evening to post on this thread, i hope thats cool.

Have a smashing day

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Hi VeritasAequitas,

Yes, your post was enlightening, it was also a real pleasure to read and so i would like to say a big thank you

With regards to the points you made, Sam has asked me to sign her up as a new member, which i have just done and so its probably better for me to let her respond this evening.

I was interested in what you said about the Venaflaxine, yes you are correct, its a real nasty drug. What also concerns me is that she is on what is considered to be quite a high dosage as her Doctor, on several occasions has decided to increase it.

I was chatting to Sam last night about the effects of these and she seems to think that they don't have any effect on her at all, however she did say, that if she stops taking them then she starts to develop flu like symptoms, these symptoms usually then disappear within about half hour of taking them.

As for talking with Sam, i can confidently say that she wont mind one bit, Sam is the kind of person who will literally speak to anyone. I will leave it with Sam to facilitate that, as i say, she will be on here this evening.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind words and the great thread you wrote.

Have a good day my friend

edit on 3/7/12 by HumanPLC because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by nimbinned

Funny you should mention that. Up here in my part of the world, I think just about every psychic I've heard of (of the old school) has suffered with fibromyalgia to the point that they can't do really much of anything at all. The new school psychics are basically all frauds here so it's quite a sad state of affairs.

As for myself, I work with psychics to some extent but my focus is in energy work, healing, and ... other stuff. I'm honing other skills all the time.

Weird... I too have become crippled with fybromyalgia and for the last 20 or so years felt like a
useless zombie.... lost my focus, my goals, my clarity etc..... barley lucid dream anymore, and only about 2 obe's in the last 20 years too, when from 0-22 these things were all daily, regular occurrances.... plus I was super hyper energetic, laughter machine bubbly girl... now, mainly just zombie like.. :S

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

They will have to continue increasing the dosage too if she stays on the drug. All SSRI's are like that because they start frying your Serotonin receptors from overdoing and abusing them. If she is not careful, the Sodium Fluoride will wreck her system.

Think Goiter, Osteoporosis, Hypothyroidism, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, and more. The flu-like symptoms are curious, because that is supposed to be one of the ascension symptoms. Take that with a grain of salt if you will, but I think that the flu-like symptoms are deeply relative to the Pineal gland. Your body often has to clear and unblock your chakra centers for enlightenment and raising your Kundalini energy, resulting in the flu-like symptoms.

Once again, I'm glad that my thread encouraged this discussion with your wife, as it may help the feelings of regret to clear your own Karma for not taking her seriously before. Don't forget if either of you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I am at your service.

With Regards and Respect~

V.A.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Let me attempt to explain this. The onset of your Fibromyalgia and loss of your abilities is due to calcification of your Pineal gland as you aged. If I am correct, your powers were in their prime when you were younger, right? You might not have taken the right dietary steps to ensure optimal health for it, such as eliminating fluoride, clearing calcium from the gland, etc. The role of Melatonin in regulating the Immune System is highly noted. Fibromyalgia being one of the many auto-immune disorders owes it's existence in part to the shutdown of the Pineal gland and loss of Melatonin production.

Hope this helped to clear up any questions you might have had.

V.A.
edit on 3-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Soooo true about 911, it wrecked me.... destroyed me..... I used to never stop laughing, now I am lucky to laugh for a second or two once or twice a day or less....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Let me attempt to explain this. The onset of your Fibromyalgia and loss of your abilities is due to calcification of your Pineal gland as you aged. If I am correct, your powers were in their prime when you were younger, right? You might not have taken the right dietary steps to ensure optimal health for it, such as eliminating fluoride, clearing calcium from the gland, etc. The role of Melatonin in regulating the Immune System is highly noted. Fibromyalgia being one of the many auto-immune disorders owes it's existence in part to the shutdown of the Pineal gland and loss of Melatonin production.

Hope this helped to clear up any questions you might have had.

V.A.

Actually, I had instinctively stopped using any fluoride products before anything changed...

I too believe in God, and think maybe going down a path into false religion could have triggered it, (married and now divorced a Jehovah's witness) and am convinced I can find my way out if I keep searching.

I have for the last 8 years or so done everything in my power to clear my pineal gland, wheat grass, cider vinegar, been a health nut etc....

There is something non-physical blocking me,

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
2 Cents here. Agreed, Sam is an Empath. We Empaths struggle with a world contrary to our nature, an Aetheists world, whereas not only is God not real, but any others for that matter are also not real. That as a default position will have no answer for Sam's talents.We Empaths are a dead end on the evolutionary scale, in the world we live in today.

In the world of yesteryear, pre Modern as it were, Empaths had a natural place in society. Feared or loved, in the primitive cultures we once were all a part of. We were the Shamans, The Hermits, The Witches, The Druids, The Early Christians. We were respected, and embraced. Now as society struggles to keep the masses conformed, by suggesting anything that isn't tangiable also isn't real is very dangerous, to the psyche of said Empaths.

They Label, and in labeling they induce a peer pressure to avoid falling into a label. Sam may well have avoided indulging her nature, because of the Terrors socially of not being "Cool". I struggled, but owned my nature for the most part. My 2 sisters did benefit from my knowledge as the eldest of 3, they are fully aware we are Empaths. It's not easy being around people, we sponge up others feelings, and mistake them as our own. However, we Empaths are healers of emotional & spiritual pain as well. We can't help but to try to help, it's a drive we cannot ignore.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I'm not so sure, religions are in my opinion( which is just that) are all inherently false. Sure they all have points that resonate with everybody, but the key is in discerning what is useful and important, along with that which isn't. The problem with religions is the distancing of the self from god, when nothing could be farther from the truth..You are God, all of us collectively make up 'God' or infinite consciousness. Refer to my avatar. There is no higher religion than truth.

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is a only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

From all the data I've seen and research I've done, I know that Auto-Immune disorders are a result of calcification of the Pineal and shutdown of Melatonin production. This can be tested with an MRI, and a test to measure blood Melatonin levels. Would be most accurate to have the Melatonin test performed at night when it is properly supposed to be stimulated.

There are many other causes and catalysts besides fluoride for calcification.

Here is what I'd recommend...

1/4 Tsp of Borax dissolved in a 1L bottle of water, sip periodically throughout the day. This NEEDS to be distilled water. Don't drink anything but distilled.

Start supplementing with Lugol's Iodine, in conjunction with the Borax will work wonders to decrease any buildup by release through the urinary tract.

Vitamin K2; Phosporus and Calcium deposits in the Pineal gland have been linked to aging. Phosphorus and Calcium bind together, while they also bind with fluoride. The purpose of Vitamin K2 is to move the Calcium and Phosphorus from your arteries and soft tissues and then deposit them into your bones where they belong.

Goji berry juice works wonders, try and switch to an all distilled water with veggie/fruit smoothies. Liquid nourishment is much more important than solid food. Most smoothies taste great, are inexpensive, and make you feel wonderful.

Last option; if you've gone through a proper detox system you can actually drink your own urine. Bad taste is attributed to the toxins removed through the system in the urine. When properly detoxed, your urine should be almost clear, and taste sweet and akin to coconut.

Get a supply of L-Theanine, Serotonin, and Melatonin. There is another poster around here who has found a tablet with them combined. I'd recommend this for supplementing your sleep. See, when you enter dreams your brain goes into Alpha Wave mode. Melatonin and L-Theanine both work to promote L-Dopa and therefore Dopamine, while also promoting enhanced Alpha brain waves. Interesting note, is the connection between ESP, Lucid Dreams of ESP, and Alpha Brain waves. Serotonin helps build effectiveness of the Melatonin with the vividness of your dreams.

Any questions feel free to ask. I'm off to bed now, I'll answer any responses when I awake. I hope my post has been most helpful to you.

V.A.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for all your posts!

It is so interesting to read all your replies.

I am most happy to answer any questions you may wish to ask

I am new to this site so your patience is most appreciated!

Lovely to meet you all

Sam
xx

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by talloolah

How much have you applied your ability to change the dreamscape?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
OP... Sam sounds like an AWESOME person to know and youre lucky.
My husband is a natural lucid dreamer and also a very creative individual, but also ex mil combat vet hard edged dude. No one would know underneath that he has a soft spot for all kinds of things and will leave the room when that sad damned humane society commercial comes on.
No, I didnt ask his permission to tell that.

The lucid dreaming thing. He never knew it was something out of the ordinary. We were watching some paranormal show several yrs ago and he was like.. so what? I do that. Whats the big deal? I did it when I was a kid and changed my nightmares. Im like :
LOL!!

I guess some people are naturals and some people arent. Pretty cool though!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Awesome!!!! Sooo glad you inspired this thread!!!

I can see I am doing some right, but need to add a bit.... I am doing enough to hold back the aging, but need to flush enough out to find the real me hiding in there again.
lol...

SAM!!!!!!!!!! Nice to meet you!

A kindred spirit, who by the inspiration of whom you are, has brought us all together to fill in some missing pieces needed by each other.

You two's may be filing in some major missing pieces to find me again.
yay!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This is my area of interest so to speak, and I go through great lengths to learn all things about it. Careful with Soda's and Processed foods. Both contain fluoride as does every water except distilled and reverse osmosis. Which RO still leaves a bit left. The water isn't supposed to really contain minerals which is why Distilled is the true 'pure' water. You are supposed to get all of your nutrients from your food source, not your drink. Distilled water has 'free memory' so to speak because it isn't laden down with so many harsh chemicals already, so it can actually absorb the toxins in your body and help to remove them through the urine.

V.A.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join