It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for the US to grant the Japanese people shelter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The south western coast of Canada would be a decent area too, as would parts of Australia.

But really, he is right.

No one is using Montana for anything of consequence. There are a few cows there, really...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

That's good cause I aint giving them a piece of my country & I wouldn't force anyone to leave their own, however if their country = certain death I am open to integrating a certain amount into my own country unfortunately for them they would have to make sacrifices like obeying our laws & customs not their own. (small price to pay really)

In my experience, most Japanese are law abiding worker bees. They tend to follow the laws of the country they visit or migrate to. Customs are different from laws, and people should be allowed to follow any custom that does not go against the law of the land. My opinion, anyway.

To be honest I'm not sure where I stand on the Fuk debate atm, history makes me sceptical of msm but Jap culture & history makes me sceptical of them telling the truth even more and I can't see how in its current shape it is not spreading radiation with the potential to end life at least in Japan.

My home in Japan is Iwaki, Fukushima. I really don't believe there are any major threats from Fukushima. Previously, in this thread, I post 3 photographs. 2 are from Fukushima, and 1 is from Tokyo. I recently spent a lot of time catching frogs around Fukushima, just to see how they are holding up. Frogs can act as an indicator for bad environmental conditions. I have a degree in wildlife biology, and have studied frogs as a retirement hobby.

I know nothing of toxic environment in Oregon you speak of.

It's called the Oregon Crud. There is an Illuminati card of that name. Now, the real conspiracy is that a search for Oregon Crud no longer generates any websites detailing the clusters of illnesses associated with it. Basically, either forestry and mining was polluting parts of Oregon with toxic chemicals. A year ago, I could have quickly found dozens of pages to share on the topic.

Seens u live in Japan can you enlighten me on why when the Japs surrendered none committed Hari Kari, they treated us like dogs and frequently cut of people heads for being dishonored in surrender why were they not subject to the same dishonour do they have some sought of back door built in where 1 can surrender and still retain their dignity.

My great-grandfather was in the U.S. Navy, during WW2. He was on a PT boat that was torpedoed by the Japanese. He was one of only a handful of survivors. He had hated the "gooks", more than anyone else I've encountered, but somehow I still ended up married to a Japanese woman. I do not live in Japan all year. I spend a random 6 months of the year in the U.S.

I can only offer my thoughts for your last questions. I believe most, if not all Japanese military, killed themselves if captured. Many others killed themselves to avoid capture. Many Japanese civilians also killed themselves when they heard the Allies were coming. The Allies occupied Japan for years after WW2 ended. This was basically a restructuring of Japan under U.S. military control. Japan was basically turned into what the U.S. wanted it to become. Many Japanese were convicted of war crimes and executed during the occupation. MacArthur pardoned some of the Japanese who should have been executed. Reflecting on that now, I would venture to say that the pardoned Japanese, who did not kill themselves, acted dishonorable according to how I understand Japanese culture.

Yes, the Japanese were extremely savage during the war, but world human history is full of savage wars that killed many innocents. I am not attempting to condone the atrocities commited by the Japanese. I do not know the full list of atrocities commited by the Japanese. I read "The Rape of Nanking". Also, I have a child with a Chinese woman. Before I married my wife, the Chinese woman went on and on about how evil the Japanese are.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Lol Your funny. I love it when people like you use the "They wouldn't surrender". Lets murder 200,000+ civilians for their military not surrendering in a timely manner! That by far is an appropriate measure! In today's world loosing an atomic weapon for any reason would get your country on the proverbial sh*tlist. Why is this? Because of the absolute horror that the US released on civilians.

Also ... lets emulate the Nazi's by throwing them in detention camps. You, Sir, are exactly whats wrong with humanity.

Now if you are the type to continue arguing the stance that the Japanese deserved atomic bombing ... I'm just not going to talk to you. However if you had a logical argument we can continue debate

Have a great day!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

And just to make it clear... I am not by any means suggesting the United States harbor an entire country. My original post does say that ... somehow the sentence seems to be invisible. I am entirely for increasing the amount of visas issued for Japanese immigration... If it did come about that Japan was uninhabitable I think its the entire worlds duty to do their part and provide safe haven.

And, Tom, as for the Japanese women thing. Its a joke. Get over yourself.
edit on 2-7-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2012 by conspiracyrus because: grammar/spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
My home in Japan is Iwaki, Fukushima.

I lived in Sagami-hara. In Kanagawa prefecture. I was there for three years.
(loved the food .. hated the air pollution .. the earthquakes were, um, interesting!!)

Anyways, I have looked at your pictures from there and heard your thoughts but the
one thing that comes to mind is that problems from radiation don't always happen right
away. When I visited Hiroshima (spent a week there), I learned that many, many deaths
and radiation problems came years after the bombing event.

You may feel safe there at the moment ... but the problems may sneak up on you
in a year or two or three ....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
better hurry or is it already mute.?

"cesium was found in the urine samples from 141 infants and young children living in Fukushima Prefecture,"

link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Get over yourself.

Is that to me? If so, I don't have to get over myself. But rest assured, I won't be returning to this website, so you won't be bothered again by my blasts of reality breaking up the mass psychosis found here.

link   
No offense to anyone, but why do they have to be dosplaced to the US? People get on the US for getting into other poples business all the time, now they should be responsible for millions more coming for an indefinate stay?

Can't have it both ways.

I really don't care either way, I'm just playing devils advocate. Besides, doesn't China have an entire city that is completely empty they could seek refuge? That seems a lot faster and easier...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
Lets murder 200,000+ civilians for their military not surrendering in a timely manner!

Let me educate you a little bit about Japan and WWII. The ENTIRE COUNTRY was a war machine. Right down to the 6 year old kindergardeners who went to school in the morning and then worked in bullet factories in the afternoon. The entire 'civilian population' was involved with the war effort. And no .. they wouldn't surrender.

That by far is an appropriate measure!

Wrong. They started a war of aggression against the USA and they wouldn't stop. In order to save American lives .. which are far more important to us than the lives of the enemy trying to kill us ... we had every right to bring the war to an end as soon as possible. To let the war drag out and for more Americans to die simply because some YUTZ wouldn't use a nuclear weapon on the Japanese war machine .. THAT would have been an inappropriate thing to do.

Also ... lets emulate the Nazi's by throwing them in detention camps.

LIAR. I never said any such thing. And I've already said that shouldn't have happened.

You, Sir, are exactly whats wrong with humanity.

I'm a well educated American woman. And I lived in Japan for years. There is nothing wrong with me. However, your Chamberlain-esque attitude is one that would have dragged WWII along for much longer and gotten many more Americans killed. Be proud. (NOT!)

Now if you are the type to continue arguing the stance that the Japanese deserved atomic bombing ... I'm just not going to talk to you.

The bombing brought the war to an end. It saved vast numbers of American lives. It was the logical thing to do. You can't handle that? Fine. Put your head in the sand and don't talk to me. I don't care.
Your loss.

edit on 7/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
doesn't China have an entire city that is completely empty they could seek refuge? That seems a lot faster and easier...

And would make more sense except that the Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans traditionally have a lot of cultural issues with each other. But perhaps if China opened it's doors and allowed the japanese people who wanted to evacuate a place to live, then it might smooth over the differences.

side note ... when living in Japan I was kind of amazed at how much the Japanese people HATED the Korean people. They were like a sub-human race or something. I don't know if all Japanese felt that way .. but a whole lot did.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Haha, you make valid points! I wans't really tinking about how each countries feelings, just throwing around random suggestions. Who knows, maybe they'll learn to love one another? Besides, desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm sure China could find a use for Japan some way or another.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I'm a fortunate cancer survivor, and have been in remission a few years already. I am constantly having my health monitored. I probably see the doctor more often than the average person. I'm not infatuated with Japan. I just come here, because my wife often feels homesick. I know there is risk associated with the radiation, but I also know there is a wild exageration of what is going on.

Thank you for your concern for my health, but I was feeling much less healthy while living in Oregon.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeraynor
There is enough food in the US to feed a very large chunk of the world, if it is used properly, so another 130 million can easily be supported.

[color=gold]

If there was catastrophe located in the Americanaz, 1 would HOPE other land masses would help out as much as possible. I think the Japanese people are intelligent enough to see the dangers with having Fukushima RADIATIONS poisons effecting their land mass locations and WILL make the proper descisions to SAVE their FAMILIES and CULTURE. So if the chance is available to avoid radiation exposure & sickness I think they will take it. YES it will be smart for them to evaluate which NEW country will support their ways and be able to adjust them into society the best to support their new WORLD/ home whether CHINA-RUSSIA or USA is their pick. It is however GREAT to SEE that the more powerful land mass overlords sectors are willing to support the masses going thru the devastations at hand currently in JAPAN my respects and LOVE to them for showing LOVE to others within the SAME HERD outside their land mass zones.

Something to consider as well the land mass willing to support them may also gain as stated within the OP a intelligence upgrade to assist the further developing already intelligent land mass the people of JAPAN are incorporated into. It would be nice if there was a LARGE MUSEUM DEDICATED TO THE LAND LOST TO SHOW RESPECT AND HOPE TO THOSE WHO HAD TO MOVE. Keeping in mind this may be a PROTOTYPE TYPE OF RESPONSE TO DISASTERS IN THE FUTURE SO THE LAYOUT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUS IF TO BE USED AGAIN FOR FUTURE SITUATIONS ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

It was to you Tamusan. My statement was clearly a joke. You shouldn't take things so seriously... If you want to leave ATS go for it. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful more addressing the issue ( okay maybe slightly disrespectful, not malicious though.).

and Flyersfan... I'm simply not going to argue about how murdering civilians is an acceptable solution.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I'm not leaving because of you. I've often read threads here, and thought they seemed far fetched, but did not have the first hand experience to know for sure. Now I see it for myself. I started reading ATS, to search for truths, but there is just too much distortion of the facts to see anything clearly.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I was feeling much less healthy while living in Oregon.

Honestly, I think the whole world is making people sick.
There is no escaping it at this point.

Originally posted by joeraynor
There is enough food in the US to feed a very large chunk of the world, if it is used properly, so another 130 million can easily be supported.

Considering how tired our soil is ... I really doubt that.

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
and Flyersfan... I'm simply not going to argue about how murdering civilians is an acceptable solution.

And you keep missing the point that there weren't really any civilians in Hiroshima.
The entire population ... ALL OF THEM .. were working the war machine.
Hiroshima was one big war factory hell bent on killing Americans.
You need to visit the city - see the museum. Even the Japanese admit it's true.
We were totally justified.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Everything with a grain of salt my friend. I do often read the "news" here.. most of the time its just to read whatever interests me at the moment. But i really dont take stock in most of it... Its more entertainment than fact finding or staying "informed"

I really didnt mean to come off as a jerk.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
How about Africa?
Theres lots of empty land there.......they could have one of the countries we practically wiped out with the aids virus!
how bout dat?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Honestly, I think the whole world is making people sick.

I strongly agree with that. I'm fairly certain that Fukushima is being used to divert our attention from a more serious, global issue.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I am simply in awe that you just described the death of over 200,000+ as "Justified". That is exactly why I refuse to continue debate.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Everything with a grain of salt my friend. I do often read the "news" here.. most of the time its just to read whatever interests me at the moment. But i really dont take stock in most of it... Its more entertainment than fact finding or staying "informed"

I really didnt mean to come off as a jerk.

I owe you an apology for directing my frustration at you. I didn't see you as a jerk, I just made a bad assumption that you were one of those who thought Japanese women were more special than the others. I like all women of all races. Honestly, if all the Japanese women were shipped to your city, you'd see that many of them are less attractive than some people like to imagine.

The entertainment value here has mostly dried up for me. I admit that I am too addicted to this place to stay away, but I will probably try to refrain from logging in. That way I am less likely to post, which almost always ends in with me feeling frustrated with what I believe to be ignorance.
edit on 2-7-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join