It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for the US to grant the Japanese people shelter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by joeraynor

So your saying lets move an entire country with a population of 125 million people and place them in the US, and say forget your old ancient culture, you must integrate with US culture.

How about this, why doesn't Australia (my country) give the Japanese the north West of WA, about the size of Texas which is completely empty land. The Japanese can have it all, and they can have their own country there.

Over my dead body

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
1) We don't have jobs for our own people.
2) It's arrogant to think they would not go down with their Country.
3) WW2
4) Who wants to come here anyway?
5) Who the hell is going to pay for it?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

You get too be Lord over, 25,000 Japanese People.

how about now?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Who the hell is going to pay for it?
our kids when they see what we could have done,,,why do u think their were 250,000 Japanese People of every party,
protesting in downtown Tokyo, yesterday.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Last time the Japanese settled in America they got their asses thrown in concentration camps, their assests seized and their lives ruined.
maybe they are a little dubious about that offer of freedom...Canada too did the same stuff...
Theres lots of room for them in Canada....we wouldnt mind a bit if they come over either....
They coud probaby ALL fit in BC or Manitoba quite nicely....(but theres too many mosquitoes in Manitoba, but dont tell them i said so)
BC is much better, and its already got a large oriental population to help them settle here....
Theres virtualy miles and miles of uninhabited coastline to choose from too....we could give em say from Suqamish up to kitamat and they be comfy to say the least....yep, send em over....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeraynor
reply to post by FlyersFan

I can't say for sure, but I think the "mouthy" comment, since it was directed at Glen, may have been intended for Scottland, and thus the UK, rather than Japan.

This is correct....My comment was directed at GLEN proclaimed from Scotland...a part of the U.K. I have been to 3 times. This next statement is one I am over 90% positive about. If Glen had said this comment to me in person at a few Pubs in Scotland where I know a few people who live there....His own Countrymen would KICK HIS ASS!

The Scottish are very Pro-American and this has to do with the number of Scots who live in the United States...which is a considerably LARGE NUMBER. They are not Fans or England and many moved to the U.S. before it even was a country...so the Scots are some of the OLDEST AMERICAN CITIZEN FAMILIES IN AMERICA.

Glen basically wiped his ASS with the U.S. Constitution and called his own people MONGRELS! In Scotland...a statement to that effect will certainly earn you ASS KICKING in any Scottish Pub! Dumb, Dumber, Ignorance....ASS KICKING! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You did not read very well who my reply was direct at....which was GLEN as he insulted the U.S. and my reply stated that the U.S. saved his homeland of Scotland.

Where in the world you came to the idea that I was referring to Japan in any way is beyond me.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
I wholeheartedly agree. There is a debt owed to the Japanese.... After killing hundreds of thousands of them in Hiroshima and Nagasaki .... And the whole detention camp thing... I could see us at least offering more visas to japan. I personally volunteer buffalo ny to handle their women :p. in all seriousness it would be a nice thing to do.

The only debt owed with regards to that incident is the debt aka apology that the japs owe us, especially the nations of SEA which I assume you have never been to and possibly don't understand about, 1 tip though if you ever go don't be suicidal enough to make statements like that there are less painful ways to die.
As for detention camps that was sad but at least they can look on the bright side you didn't take their women and use them as rape toys to keep ya GI's happy, I don't recall them being worked to death on your railway lines. How many had their heads cut of for being so disgraceful & cowardly as to surrender when beaten save your debt paying for those who deserve it.

The only part of your post I like is the nice thing to do part and hay if it comes to it, these people are no longer our enemies and we should all lend a hand, with the exception of these so called proud leaders they can stay & die slowly in the mess they have allowed to happen.
edit on 1-7-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

So your saying lets move an entire country with a population of 125 million people and place them in the US, and say forget your old ancient culture, you must integrate with US culture.

How about this, why doesn't Australia (my country) give the Japanese the north West of WA, about the size of Texas which is completely empty land. The Japanese can have it all, and they can have their own country there.

Over my dead body

I second that motion there for carried.
Why the hell would we give a large portion of our country to anyone, if they want to come and we are good enough to allow them then they can disperse amongst the general population not become another ethnic enclave who ignore our laws & customs.
Not only that I will be pissed if an area that is largely off limits to it's own citizens due to their racial background is handed over to a former enemy who bombed it for frig sake.
Thanks to that post every WW2 vet in this country just had a coronary & is trying to work out why.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

edit on 7/1/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Why the hell would we give a large portion of our country to anyone, if they want to come and we are good enough to allow them then they can disperse amongst the general population not become another ethnic enclave who ignore our laws & customs.

Thinking that another country should give up it's lands is equally as asinine as thinking the Japanese need to leave their own lands. Before heading back to Japan, I spent the prior year in south central Oregon, U.S. I'm fairly certain that the toxic environment, in that part of Oregon, was creating more illnesses than fukushima radiation will ever produce.

Those who want to leave Japan, have plenty of options to do so, but there is no reason for it. I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to hope that a new sitiuation comes along for the doom addicts to overhype.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
where are the thousands of people dead from radiation poisoning?
nowhere

fukushima is a psyops

Fukushima Radiation Fear Mongering: An Orchestrated Scare Campaign Exceeding the Fraud of 9/11
educate-yourself.org...

more links here educate-yourself.org...
scroll down the page a bit until you reach

The 3/11 Attack on Japan Exposed (mp3 audio and printed transcript)

The "radiation poisoning" will happen years down the road when masses of people start showing up at cancer clinics fighting for their health and their lives. Radioactive contamination takes a long time before it starts showing its physical devastation on one's body, and by then its a horrible nightmare.

Why don't you educate yourself by going to visit a huge cancer institute, walk around and hear all the stories of the people there who are of all ages, walks of life, and ethnicities fighting for themselves or their loved ones, and everything they have to go through, then think about why radioactive contamination is such a horrible fate to expose anyone to. No, there may not be thousands dead, yet, but a far more nightmarish fate waits them down the road.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

. I personally volunteer buffalo ny to handle their women :p. in all seriousness it would be a nice thing to do.

If you're unable to log onto one of the numerous dating websites, and convince a Japanese woman to want to fly just to meet you, then having them all in your own city wouldn't be likey to improve your odds.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Over my dead body

I second that motion there for carried.
Not only that I will be pissed if an area that is largely off limits to it's own citizens due to their racial background is handed over to a former enemy who bombed it for frig sake.
Thanks to that post every WW2 vet in this country just had a coronary & is trying to work out why.

Not much I can add. Japan are impressive in a way... They don't apologize for anything and propaganda runs thicker in Japan than Russia and China combined if you ask me (not to mention racism), but when they want to be nice, they come across very polite and unassuming. That's okay to a degree, just don't expect it to continue when things aren't going their way. They are famous for that. The truth is something that your leaders make if you're Japanese and because of that they can change at any second. Giving them a huge tract of land will only end one way and we were lucky to be victorious last time that happened. Very cruel culture = Japan.

When TSHTF I will be amenable to taking on Americans and all Canadians can all be granted duel citizenry.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Thinking that another country should give up it's lands is equally as asinine as thinking the Japanese need to leave their own lands. Before heading back to Japan, I spent the prior year in south central Oregon, U.S. I'm fairly certain that the toxic environment, in that part of Oregon, was creating more illnesses than fukushima radiation will ever produce.

Those who want to leave Japan, have plenty of options to do so, but there is no reason for it. I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to hope that a new sitiuation comes along for the doom addicts to overhype.

That's good cause I aint giving them a piece of my country & I wouldn't force anyone to leave their own, however if their country = certain death I am open to integrating a certain amount into my own country unfortunately for them they would have to make sacrifices like obeying our laws & customs not their own. (small price to pay really)
To be honest I'm not sure where I stand on the Fuk debate atm, history makes me sceptical of msm but Jap culture & history makes me sceptical of them telling the truth even more and I can't see how in its current shape it is not spreading radiation with the potential to end life at least in Japan.
I know nothing of toxic environment in Oregon you speak of.
You are correct any Japanese who wanted to come here wouldn't much trouble doing so.
Seens u live in Japan can you enlighten me on why when the Japs surrendered none committed Hari Kari, they treated us like dogs and frequently cut of people heads for being dishonored in surrender why were they not subject to the same dishonour do they have some sought of back door built in where 1 can surrender and still retain their dignity.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
It is not the US's responsibility to take care of the Japanese no offense. We have people here who need help first before we go opening it up to everyone else. We are give too much aid overseas when people here are starving and living on the streets.

Why does everyone always want the US to help yet most are always saying how much they dislike the US?..

End thread.Best comment so far and I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up earlier. I've always wondered this too.We're "Satan" but when everyone needs help we're expected to be the first to help.I'm with you that we're giving way too much aid to other countries.What's too much?Well,in my eyes,everything we've ever given since we're clearly not taking care of business at home.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
A great deal of what's wrong with the world today shows up in this post. Some of you people are simply horrible people. Get over your real, or imagined slights. Forgive the "debt" owed to you by the descendents of people you imprisoned for not being the same as you. It was 60 years ago. Drop it.

The thing that should concern you, but amazingly doesn't is that millions on people are sitting on a powderkeg, and you're arguing about whether you should give them a bit of room to run for their lives. Your pride in being isolationist and (yes) racist is astounding and disgusting. Get off your high horse. Offer them a solution. Prove that some shred of humanity is in that shell.

It's not tough, and frankly, you were never using Montana anyway.

If it's a problem of being able to support the influx of people... Suck it up, Princess! No one is saying you have to take the entire population of Japan... But offering help to those in need is something basically human. We're not thinking of impact beyond the saving of as many lives as can be saved. I guarantee, the surviving Japanese will be grateful to their benefactors for the assistance.

Also, no one said that Japan would need to be abandoned forever. At least they could have a bit more time to deal with the issues, without... You know... Dying out slowly of myriad cancers.
edit on 2/7/2012 by CrikeyMagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

This is my sentiment as well.

Did the Japanese do bad stuff in the past?

Yes.

May they do bad stuff in the future?

Yes.

Did we of the US do bad stuff in the past?

Yes.

But none of those are the issues. The issue is whether or not to offer help to those who may desperately require it. Letting prejudices based on past actions prevent us from helping people in need is a profound pity.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Whew! Thanks for that!

Tough to know sometimes if you're alone in it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

It's not tough, and frankly, you were never using Montana anyway.

Glad you could so easily give away part of my country, how about we give them half of Canada instead

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join