It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Original Christians use Mantra to open their Heart Chakras....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Eastern Orthodoxy lays claim to being the original Christianity of all the denominations and they have a lot of ammo to support such a case.

Anyway, in Eastern Orthodoxy, the Monks say this Jesus Prayer Mantra with all their awareness and focus on the heart area, which eventually activates that area and leads to all types of mystical experiences. Eventually, this also loosens the inherent awareness from the Body and also activates their third eye which allows them to not only see into the heavens, but also travel back and forth between the heavens, and their bodies.

Here's a super critical break down of this whole deal by an actual Eastern Orthodox monk who lives on Mount Athos in greece.
Link

Anyway, I have another video of a Monk interview who also discusses this.

I think its funny because most Westernized Evangelicals or fundamentalists would call any of that Occult works, yet here is a huge group of Christians who are basically opening their heart chakras and experiencing all types of mystical things and to them its not only normal and the way it should be, but they even lay claim to Jesus visiting them and angels visiting them and showing them how to pray mantras and open their heart chakras.

I would be interested to hear if anybody here has any experience with their own heart chakra

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Coolstuff!
Are you going to post the video?

The chanting (and the incense--) in Greek Orthodox services can sometimes induce attendees in "trance-like" states
edit on 29-6-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes the heart chakra meditation is real, not sure about the gnostic christians teaching this but if so it would lend credibility to the Jesus/Buddha connection.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Meditation, Opening Chakra gates are ancient Indian(from India) and Hindu yogis and Buddhist monks techniques..

No western christian is going to admit they can "feel close to god" thru that way, because for them other religious are devil worships and are evil and bad lol, even if it existed before them

edit on 6/29/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Yes the heart chakra meditation is real, not sure about the gnostic christians teaching this but if so it would lend credibility to the Jesus/Buddha connection.
You know when Christians put their hands together, palm to palm, and typically have the hands near the heart? That hand gesture is called Anjali. I assume having it near the heart helps stimulate and balance that chakra.

en.wikipedia.org...

And gnosis is most definitely more closely related to Buddhism and other eastern teachings.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I read over your link and i really found no difference in this method and the way i have always prayed.
I think that most that get any relief from their prayers will say the same.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I am grateful for your post, how could I be anything else for a post that favorably discusses prayer. My grandmother (as an irrelevant aside) was Ukranian Orthodox. I don't understand the concepts of third eye and chakra, so I can't report any experience with them.

There are a couple of things I don't understand though. If they're not important, feel free to ignore them. I've always understood that Peter, Paul, Matthew, and those guys, were the original Christians and that the church of Jerusalem was the first church. What am I missing?

I think its funny because most Westernized Evangelicals or fundamentalists would call any of that Occult works, yet here is a huge group of Christians who are basically opening their heart chakras and experiencing all types of mystical things
Are you saying that most evangelicals and fundamentalists don't approve, but that most of the other Christians do? I know mysticism has been a huge part of the Catholic Church, both Western and Eastern.

As I say, small points.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Mysticism has always had a home in Eastern Orthodoxy as a fundamental part of ones spiritual life.

Not so in Catholicism which has historically condemned, tortured, imprisoned, and excommunicated anything that had to with mysticism, even though it was from being a Catholic.

Evangelical and fundamentalist are both red headed step children of Catholicism, Lutheranism, and a few other European branches of Ism's, all of which condemned anything mystic and still continue to do so here in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You will find mystic schools in each religion - these are the guys who sort direct experience of the divine through spiritual practice and techniques of ecstasy, not from following dogma. Typically they were ostracised and even killed for their 'heretic' ways. My favourite 'brand' of mysticism is Sufism, I find it has real world applications for those who live a Western lifetsyle.

Thanks for the cool thread

* Ned

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Also the Hassidic Jews still to this day practice the once secretive Merkaba Meditation. I think there is much more to the concept of "religion" than meets the eye. I do not think religion sprang up on it's own here on earth. I think it was brought here. "There is definitely something very valuable in meditation even if just the slowing of the heart rate and regulation of breath and it is strange that evangelicals and many Catholics or Christians would call this meditation practice to release chakras Buddhism or Hinduism and scoff at it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Meditation, Opening Chakra gates are ancient Indian(from India) and Hindu yogis and Buddhist monks techniques..

No western christian is going to admit they can "feel close to god" thru that way, because for them other religious are devil worships and are evil and bad lol, even if it existed before them

And the reason for that I think is because the church has set itself up as the intermediary between a person and God. They may be somewhat useful in certain charitable capacities but as far as being NECESSARY for someone to gain spiritual knowledge and connection, no....I think they have set themselves up just like any other middleman and are essentially superfluous.

The conspiracy starts to reveal itself when we find THE CHURCH has deliberately hidden, concealed and in some cases prohibited, successful and useful means to reach, touch and commune with what many call God or spirit on your own. That is just plain wickedness in my book.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Occult Means that which is hidden. It does not mean it has to do with satan or the devil or evil of any kind but that seems to be the accepted defination.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'd suggest opening your mind, to a degree. Contemporary, non-monastic Christianity certainly exists in a deeply degraded state, but that by no means should imply that such was always the case.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Wrong. I would. That's at least one.

Don't assume things and don't make pointless/baseless comments.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Like another poster requested.... Can you please post the video that you've mentioned about the monk???

That's like saying, "I know a something you don't." and then walking away without revealing anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
And the reason for that I think is because the church has set itself up as the intermediary between a person and God. They may be somewhat useful in certain charitable capacities but as far as being NECESSARY for someone to gain spiritual knowledge and connection, no....I think they have set themselves up just like any other middleman and are essentially superfluous.

Whoa. The church plays the same role in religion as banks in the economy. The only way to get to god is through me... Just don't pay attention to anything you see that indicates otherwise.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

MANY hand gestures can be used as a gateway to higher planes of consciousness. And of course, hand mudras are also the easiest and most effective way to heal the body. One of the main reason why hand mudras don't work with Many people is due to an Highly disturbed sixth element: the mind.

edit on 30-6-2012 by D1ss1dent because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It certainly seems that early Christians used something that many modern Christians don't. Some mystical technique whether chanting, entheogens, meditation, mantras, or a combination of all of the above.

The Bible speaks of a 'falling away'. Maybe it refers to the seeming lack of mysticism in mainstream Christianity.

When I was a Christian fundamentalist, I wasn't at peace. Now that I am a Christian mystic, I am. Other than that, I don't feel qualified to judge much.

/shrug

edit on 30-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Eastern Orthodoxy lays claim to being the original Christianity of all the denominations and they have a lot of ammo to support such a case.

Anyway, in Eastern Orthodoxy, the Monks say this Jesus Prayer Mantra with all their awareness and focus on the heart area, which eventually activates that area and leads to all types of mystical experiences. Eventually, this also loosens the inherent awareness from the Body and also activates their third eye which allows them to not only see into the heavens, but also travel back and forth between the heavens, and their bodies.

Here's a super critical break down of this whole deal by an actual Eastern Orthodox monk who lives on Mount Athos in greece.
Link

Anyway, I have another video of a Monk interview who also discusses this.

I think its funny because most Westernized Evangelicals or fundamentalists would call any of that Occult works, yet here is a huge group of Christians who are basically opening their heart chakras and experiencing all types of mystical things and to them its not only normal and the way it should be, but they even lay claim to Jesus visiting them and angels visiting them and showing them how to pray mantras and open their heart chakras.

I would be interested to hear if anybody here has any experience with their own heart chakra

Only flowing energy just like all other chakras if you mean physicly but much less than third eye and crown and root I would say. Never seen anything that makes sense to me. Heard something supernatrual ones but that was a special moment. Feelt things that are not seen but that is not heart chakra related or at least I think not. Is feeling increased crown chakra activiety when thinking nice thoughts depend on heart chakra? I did have a episode where I percieved all people at a mall as beautiful but that was an exhauting experiance and a lot of things where felt in my head that was not comfortable at all. I felt very dizzy after that. I do have times when I look at nature with loving eyes and have an almost childlike inocense. Talking to spiders, flies and birds for instance.

If you are looking for supernatural responses from me then sorry I have only experianced strange physcial feelings and syncronicity. But my mind keep telling me that I will get what I need when I need it so I do not need to worry.
. And need is of course part of the equation at least from my experiance.

By the way have anybody else ever started singing opera/hymns in languages that do not mean anything and seem to be an overactivation of the creative brain?
edit on 30-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Shriners are based on Sufism, and Freemasonry on Christian Gnosticism. There is supposed to be one based on the Qaballah, however I cannot recall it.

However, I agree that Eastern tradition is most certainly quite close to the true lifestyle. The Indians however are not the only ones to ever practice Hinduism. Hinduism was practiced in some form in Europe for a long time before Christianity ever reared it's ugly head. Then, the Indo-Aryan's migrated to India to spread the teachings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join