It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Awwwww Thank-you...great news.....the lady from human society just called me, 2 kitties already adopted...and looking good for kitty #3 too........♥

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Heard Neno just got calls from the local strip joints and Hooters wanting him to come to work... may not see him for a while, he's gonna be busy

AAACK!

It's not what you think - I've worked in them before as a DJ and bouncer. My rep just preceded me, that's all. it wasn't the fishnets - honest!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Heard Neno just got calls from the local strip joints and Hooters wanting him to come to work... may not see him for a while, he's gonna be busy

AAACK!

It's not what you think - I've worked in them before as a DJ and bouncer. My rep just preceded me, that's all. it wasn't the fishnets - honest!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I heard the heels are what cinched the deal....

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by nenothtu
So much anguish over one little picture!

I think we're all probably just a bunch of nenophobes!

Your sounding very political.

I've not been able to look in since last week, so congrats on being the Regent.

Now get to work public servant! Have you scared any children yet or kicked any puppies? There are responsibilities you know!

"Charity begins at home".

I scared the living daylights out of my granddaughters on the way out the door to go to work yesterday, so yeah, I've got a start on that.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by nenothtu

ATS Regent,Sir...I have been told that I can keep my Queen of ATS title and
crown has long as they don't violate T&C rules.You know what that should mean?
You can keep your royal robes,8" heels and tinfoil crown.

And the fishnets - don't forget the fishnets! they're really important, because sometimes I like to go swimming and fishing at the same time, killing two bird with one stone... er, fish - killing two fish with one stone!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I heard the heels are what cinched the deal....

To be brutally honest, they DO come in handy in a brawl! You'd be amazed how much force you can generate by concentrating everything you've got into a half square inch surface at the end of one of those heels!

Physics, you know... "The Physics of Battle". It ought to be required reading for bouncers!

edit on 2012/7/9 by nenothtu because: spelling typo

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

ATS CURMUDGEON PARTY DANCERS

Recorded Video

Bonus Footage
edit on 7/9/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

LOLOLO...now that was funny.......

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I'll be out for a bit - I have to go wash my brain after watching those. The only saving grace is that my flash-catcher would not save them locally, so I won't be tormenting myself with them over and over in some twisted act of self-flagellation!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
intrepid must be bald by now. You guys are seriously funny. Open your own act, it'd sell.

Just poppin' in to say I'm still lurkin. It'll be a sad day come Wednesday.

Also, hey guys, this was fun. Coupled with Slayer's new Video, we have to be driving the management crazy.

I'm almost looking for normalcy on ATS once again. Not really.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
intrepid must be bald by now. You guys are seriously funny. Open your own act, it'd sell.

Just poppin' in to say I'm still lurkin. It'll be a sad day come Wednesday.

Also, hey guys, this was fun. Coupled with Slayer's new Video, we have to be driving the management crazy.

I'm almost looking for normalcy on ATS once again. Not really.

Oh Wow...that was great.....I think slayer gets best video of this whole thing.....VERY cool......

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Well our debate is now officially started, cause I finally replied, which means i am about to get serious again. Maybe.

it has been fun here though, and I am glad to have made some new freinds! You included Druid42

Sad to see it end, but we must grow up sometime!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's all fun and games until someone puts the cat out (who set it on fire, anyhow?), but we really need to start bringing in lessons learned from this process to post here for posterity, before the thread gets slammed shut come Wednesday.

I'm not silly enough to think everything learned will get posted here, but listing some of the high points would not be amiss.

I learned, for example, that there's more to it than just delivering grand and glorious stump-speeches. You have to get out amongst the people, let them see you, interact with them. Go to barbecues. Hoist a beer every now and again. Show them - don't just tell them, but SHOW them - that you are one of them. If a picture is worth a thousand words. A handshake and a grin is worth a thousand pictures.

In conjunction with the above, I learned that constant stumping and delivery of speeches eventually gets repetitive, and turns folks off. In order to avoid that, speeches ought properly to be tempered with mingling, with the weight of the ratio heavily favoring the mingling. People are a lot more likely to vote for one of their own than a distant and relative unknown.

There's more, but that's a start.

What did YOU folks take away from it as far as learning goes?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I learned that people like relatively short posts.

They also like them spaced out well and not all in a solid paragraph.

Humor works well.

People will vote for a time traveling Purple Ninja Chiten if said chiten can make them smile!

When somebody wants to argue, don't argue back or you get a post ban

The most important thing I learned? It's not easy bein this good lookin!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I learned that the person I will always vote for will never win, not here and not in real life.

I learned that I can write, off the cuff, and when I am not really thinking about it my grammer is not too terribly bad, it gets worse if I am nervous

I learned that being a journalist is hard work and time consuming

I learned that I am only one person

I learned that I have a sense of humor, and others think I do too

I learned that there are a ton of people in this world who are really good people, all it takes is getting to know them better

I learned that I am who I am, and to stop trying to be perfect, I am not happy when I am busy trying to be perfect

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I learned...... I still have alot to learn......

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've learned that you can't let the past hold you back, and to always explore new horizons.

There's a new Avatar Repository. Before they close this thread, go post your current avatar.

(and pick a song.)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Druid42

Well our debate is now officially started, cause I finally replied, which means i am about to get serious again. Maybe.

it has been fun here though, and I am glad to have made some new freinds! You included Druid42

Sad to see it end, but we must grow up sometime!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

I learned...... I still have alot to learn......

THAT is the beginning of wisdom!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think I learned a lot. But I already forgot it.

Oh well, it must not have been that important.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join