It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Your bacon sandwhich pic has made my mouth water !

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Cmon, we all know....

How about this one then???

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To me, this whole election wasn't about winning. There's nothing to win. To me, it was about interacting with my fellow members, and watching how they acted. To watch personalities be presented, whether harsh or kind, was the amazement with which I watched this all unfold.

I want to thank ATS most of all, for allowing our charade to continue, and intrepid, who unwillingly found himself the dictator of a anthill. That position exemplifies the selflessness of the staff, and for that, I am proud to be a member.

The votes have been cast, and the winner just shy of being official. I am not he, but I am his supporter. The policies created by this imaginary election still ring softly in our minds, and the ability to speak our minds still resonates deeply in our souls.

This election has been both an "experiment", and a satisfying venture into politics. We made it realistic, and for that, I thank all the participants. We all knew there can be only one winner, and everyone had a fair chance to express their position. I am content with the results, and I think we will have a fair and just Regent.

I also wish to thank beezzer, the rabbit that got this started, several hundred threads of his own imagination. We made your thoughts into reality, and provided much comedy, much insight, and much reality.

On the eve of the election, I believe ATS has voted for the right choice for Regent.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Druid...this fake Regents election has allowed me to sink deeper into the soft depths of your ever gentle Soul....it's a comfy, warm and homey place. It's been a real privilege, one that has left a lasting impression on me. You'll always be a winner in my book.

Thank you Druid....

Des

edit on 6-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You've made me smile, and your words mean more than any tally from an election could. I remain myself, for you, for the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

reply to post by Destinyone

It's definitely been great getting to know everyone better, especially for me since I knew so very few folks (ONE) when I first came here (and she's not online much). I feel like I've gained a lot of friends and am much more comfortable in interacting when I see the "familiar avatars" in threads.
Thank you to everyone for this great experience!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm just glad this election didn't turn nasty, like the last time I ran for office.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, I may not win overall, but it was a heck of a race!!!

As far as Runner Ups go, ... I got this!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There's still a little time left to vote folks!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

At 11:59, you're gonna get a TON!!

gotta stick to the party platform ya know!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We know what's important now and in what order!

Being grumpy
Ninja Birthdays
Booze
Putting things off

We've done well!!!

mannnn I'm gonna miss the fun!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Nenothtu is the new Suprem-. . . OverLor-. . . . . um, Regent!

All Hail The Regent!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

CONGRATULATIONS NENO!!!!

It's been AWESOME!!! Congratulations my friend!! You ran a GREAT race and I am HONORED to come in second to you!!

Hillbillies RULE!!!! Today ATS, tomorrow THE WORLD!!!!!

edit on 7-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: used gvid instead of yvid

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks everyone!

I expected the usual screams for recounts and Supreme Court intervention, but beezzer has already certified the vote, so here am I.

I'm done in at the moment, and need to get to my coffin - er, couch - and take a nap before I get cranky(er), but I'll have my press secretary prepare an unofficial official statement to be released later this evening, after the sun sets and I rise.

Until then, party on, and drinks are on the Curmudgeon tab!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Thanks everyone!

I expected the usual screams for recounts and Supreme Court intervention, but beezzer has already certified the vote, so here am I.

I'm done in at the moment, and need to get to my coffin - er, couch - and take a nap before I get cranky(er), but I'll have my press secretary prepare an unofficial official statement to be released later this evening, after the sun sets and I rise.

RECOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

RECOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ain't Florida.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Congratulations Neno!

Here's a bit of nostalgia for an ol'fart like you!

(We knew there could be only one.....you are the one!)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Thanks everyone!

Congrats....I think the right man was "elected"...your smart, funny, kind, insightful, and have a "hill-billy" edge that just "works".....Sweet Dreams to the new Regent........

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Thanks everyone!

Nah, I'm the one that was closest to ya and I'm good with it

....those procrastinators were moving up fast though!!! If they had a few more hours they would have blown us both away!!!...or would have just waited two more hours before they started and ended up at the exact same spot they did

Congratulations to all the candidates, it was GREAT!

Curmudgeons ROCK!!!
AWESOME late surge there FortAnthem!!!
Love ya Bancho AND your Booze!!
Awesome Job Truth!
Great going Druid!!... surprised it was me and not you or Truth in second!!!...or even first!
AWESOME JOB JAVA QUEEN Vkey!!!!!
Great show Blaine!
Excellent race Daaskapital!!
Yours is probably closest to my own beliefs DJW001, although I don't dispalay it as much. You're GREAT!

Great job Watchitburn!
Excellent showing for the late start ModernAcademia!!
You were WONDERFUL your Excellency MamaBeth!!
Great late entry Gwydion!

I am honored to have interacted with each of you and enjoyed it very, very much!!!

A special thanks to our observers and reporters!!

I had a BLAST!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thanks everyone!

Congrats sir... gonna start handing out cabinet positions?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join