It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to All Non-Muslim

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by TheFogHorn

I didn't choose her because she was attractive...I chose her because she's strong. Just like me.

Right......swap her for Fatima Whitbred and maybe I'll believe you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

A society has to make a choice......go the liberated way with women wearing what they feel they want to wear or go the Islamic way and force them to adhere to a strict code of conduct? Yes, try to prevent the sexualisation of girls, the overly perfected media representation of females and the commercial influence on taste and perceptions of normal beauty but don't endorce a rigid life system that dictakes how women should live. Our forefathers gave up their lives to defend the liberties we take for granted and now people are so eagerly giving them away.

I want to be clear. I am not endorsing Islamic religious views or cultural practices. I am certainly not advocating that women should be regulated in our dress or other freedoms. I do NOT believe anyone has the right to force a woman to cover, or forgo makeup, or whatever. But if the woman chooses that lifestyle, then she is still entitled to respect.

But the situation in Western lands is more complicated than that. Muslim women wearing the headscarf forces non-muslim women to fall into line and also wear the headscarf or suffer the sexual abuse as a consequence. I am speaking from very real experience. What part of that do you not understand?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

(I guess she must have been really ugly or something, god knows in his mind those 20 years meant not one thing!)

You are currently behaving in a manner that I certainly do not believe requires me to reply, I enjoy conversations with people who also enjoy conversations, therefore, I simply wont waste my time. You have it in your mind that somehow if I cover it will force you to cover, and I do not understand nor follow such logic as I do not care what you do, nor do I believe that me covering will ever force anyone to cover simply because I made a choice to do so. Your logic is simply not sound.
edit on 1-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Who is really ugly? The five year old I mentioned? We have so many pronouns flying around I'm having a hard time keeping track.

About the Hitchhiking. You are an adult and can make intelligent decisions. Just be careful. Not everyone is deserving of trust. Be safe.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

(I guess she must have been really ugly or something, god knows in his mind those 20 years meant not one thing!) !)

I guess she must have been really ugly or something

Your words mocking a woman unfortunate enough to lose her husband. I'd say that was gaining pleasure from someone else's misfortune born out of brain washing designed to demonise the infidel.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

I didn't choose her because she was attractive...I chose her because she's strong. Just like me.

Lol

Are you calling me a liar?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Our forefathers gave up their lives to defend the liberties we take for granted and now people are so eagerly giving them away.

My entire family, for generations, has fought to defend liberties of people to do what they damned well please.

That INCLUDES wearing headscarves, with or without makeup. I don't have to like or dislike it, I'm just bound to defend their decision.

For them, to acquiesce and give in on THEIR preferences because YOU think they should be different, more in line with YOUR way of thought, is also "giving liberties away".

That, my dear is absolutely NO less "rigid" a system than the Islam you decry.

You presume to know why your "forefathers" dodged bullets, but I'm TELLING you why I do what I do and have done what I've done, no guesswork or presumptions necessary.

edit on 2012/7/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Who is really ugly? The five year old I mentioned? We have so many pronouns flying around I'm having a hard time keeping track.

About the Hitchhiking. You are an adult and can make intelligent decisions. Just be careful. Not everyone is deserving of trust. Be safe.

I lived in unsafe hell and now I'm in heaven living amongst decent men, wearing pretty dresses with a smidgen of lippy, a genuine smile and a willingness to help my neighbours

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Lol

Are you calling me a liar?

Ok....you choose an ugly but strong female then if Fatima doesn't suit you

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well, she is a brit so I think her forefathers are different from yours.
they appear to have fought for different things.... sameness strikes bells here

(no american calls lipstick lippy, not many americans much knows who the british javelin throwers are either nor would they call another woman ugly for not likeing their british javelin people either)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Our forefathers gave up their lives to defend the liberties we take for granted and now people are so eagerly giving them away.

My entire family, for generations, has fought to defend liberties of people to do what they damned well please.

That INCLUDES wearing headscarves, with or without makeup. I don't have to like or dislike it, I'm just bound to defend their decision.

For them, to acquiesce and give in on THEIR preferences because YOU think they should be different, more in line with YOUR way of thought, is also "giving liberties away".

That, my dear is absolutely NO less "rigid" a system than the Islam you decry.

You presume to know why your "forefathers" dodged bullets, but I'm TELLING you why I do what I do and have done what I've done, no guesswork or presumptions necessary.

edit on 2012/7/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Ok Rambo,

You tell me what the answer is then. Muslim women move to Western lands and wear the headscarf or burka plus do not leave the house a great deal without a male chaperone. Non-muslim women and girls find it increasingly risky to leave the house wearing their normal attire or having their hair on show, or leaving the house at all in predominantly muslim areas, which are growing rapidly due to birth rate differentials and continued immigration.

What is the answer? Do nothing and stay silent about the growing sexual abuse of non-muslim women? Encourage non-muslim women to wear headscarves? Encourage segregation? Tell me....what is the solution?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

(I guess she must have been really ugly or something, god knows in his mind those 20 years meant not one thing!)

You are currently behaving in a manner that I certainly do not believe requires me to reply, I enjoy conversations with people who also enjoy conversations, therefore, I simply wont waste my time. You have it in your mind that somehow if I cover it will force you to cover, and I do not understand nor follow such logic as I do not care what you do, nor do I believe that me covering will ever force anyone to cover simply because I made a choice to do so. Your logic is simply not sound.

I've already explained it several times. I'm not saying you personally will force a non-muslim to cover up but you will indirectly increase the pressure on non-muslims to do so and, as your muslim areas increase and become ever more segregated and Islamised, non-muslim women will find it increasingly risky to walk about as normal wearing their usual Westernised attire with their hair on show. Surely you are able to work that out.

?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I dunno, make rape and stalking illegal? or...enforce existing stalking and rape laws?

but since they are... how about live and let live... sounds wonderful to me!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I dunno, make rape and stalking illegal? or...enforce existing stalking and rape laws?

but since they are... how about live and let live... sounds wonderful to me!

Words failing you?

Rape and stalking are already illegal but that clearly does not prevent muslim men from raping and stalking non-muslim women in predominantly muslim areas. Your suggestion is therefore meaningless.

Live and let live? But you are against that. You adhere to a belief system that crosses the Ts and dots the Is and even tells you how to wipe your own backside. Isn't that comment something more suited to me and my lifestyle? If you and your sisters continue as you are going in Western lands then I will not be able to live as I am doing and have done happily all my life. Your system will prevent me from doing so and you are perfectly well aware of that fact.

The truth is that you don't give a damn about me.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

do you simply have no police in england or what? I am being serious here.

Rape and/or stalking women is against Islam, men and women both are supposed to guard their gaze, and you will find religious Muslim men looking at the ground rather than looking at your body, so as to guard this gaze. To rape a woman is illegal, to stalk women is illegal in Islam, so any man who does these things is NOT Muslim.

Rape and or stalking women is illegal in all western countries, if anyone has any problems they go to the police. Period. End of story.

it seems you have an agenda more than a personal experience.... hate in your words is quite profound, but not truth.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Its a story told by white american men...... perhaps you should critize those white american men for it....

to explain however, I said, she must have been really [emphasis added] ugly for 20 years of marriage to have absolutely no weight in his decision to divorce her.... (which is a crack on men in general since looks in this story mean EVERYTHING, not one crack however on women)

but no, I would not feel sorry for someone who was not honest in her marriage, regardless... since to me the story is more about dishonesty than anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

(I guess she must have been really ugly or something, god knows in his mind those 20 years meant not one thing!) !)

I guess she must have been really ugly or something

Your words mocking a woman unfortunate enough to lose her husband. I'd say that was gaining pleasure from someone else's misfortune born out of brain washing designed to demonise the infidel.

If the woman couldn't hang on to her husband, she probably had problems makeup couldn't touch. When it went away, his shallow ass did too...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

do you simply have no police in england or what? I am being serious here.

Rape and/or stalking women is against Islam, men and women both are supposed to guard their gaze, and you will find religious Muslim men looking at the ground rather than looking at your body, so as to guard this gaze. To rape a woman is illegal, to stalk women is illegal in Islam, so any man who does these things is NOT Muslim.

Rape and or stalking women is illegal in all western countries, if anyone has any problems they go to the police. Period. End of story.

it seems you have an agenda more than a personal experience.... hate in your words is quite profound, but not truth.

Are you dismissing my experiences? Are you trying to tell me that I did not live in fear of my own safety every day I lived in a muslim ghetto with every man in site crossing the street and changing direction in order to stalk me and finally ask me how much I charge, taking a no slowly and badly? This happened to me extensively, regularly and for a long period of time.

'It's not Islamic' is not good enough an answer. It happens and muslims are the cause of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Well, she is a brit so I think her forefathers are different from yours.
they appear to have fought for different things.... sameness strikes bells here

All Europeans, including Brits, are "easterners" from my point of view, rather than "westerners".

They were among the ravaging hordes who came over and raped the land by... wait for it.... imposing THEIR standards on a free people!

Kinda sucks when the shoe hits the other foot, doesn't it?

matter of fact, if she's a Brit, then the "freedom" her ancestors fought for was most definitely not the "freedom" mine fought for - as I recall, they were on the opposite team, the visiting team.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join