It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Woman Arrested for Warning People About Speed Trap!

page: 8
26
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If someone walked up and down the street with a sign saying 'WARNING TO MURDERERS - POLICE ARE IN THE AREA', would that person be arrested for warning potential murderers not to kill?

Just thinking out loud.




posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by knoledgeispower
I think she deserves to be arrested. If you don't want to get caught for speeding then don't speed. Simple as that. Forget the money making aspect of it, there is a reason police don't want you to speed, it can be dangerous. There are way too many dumb nuts out there texting/talking on phones and other distracting tasks and when you combine speed then it just makes matters worse.
Don't want the police bugging you then don't do anything illegal.


This is the thing people don't understand. If you don't like police, don't do anything illegal. It's really really simple, but for some reason people just refuse to understand. It honestly baffles me why some people just don't get that.


I agree.
It reminds of this young kid who tragically lost his life because he thought he was too cool to wear a life jacket. When I expressed that I found it hard to have sympathy for him because of his careless actions some of my friends said I was heartless. I explained that it was hard for me to have sympathy because he decided to get on a boat with people who were drinking and didn't think to put on a life jacket. Not only is his life lost but his family and friends suffered a loss. When you can't even be bothered to take all the safety precautions in order to keep yourself safe and partake in activities involving alcohol, high speeds in a boat and water then I'm sorry but what do you expect?



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll
 


If they are trying to capture a murder by setting a trap then yes I think you would be arrested and if not then you should be.



posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Originally posted by Believer101
This is the thing people don't understand. If you don't like police, don't do anything illegal. It's really really simple, but for some reason people just refuse to understand. It honestly baffles me why some people just don't get that.


I agree.
It reminds of this young kid who tragically lost his life because he thought he was too cool to wear a life jacket. When I expressed that I found it hard to have sympathy for him because of his careless actions some of my friends said I was heartless. I explained that it was hard for me to have sympathy because he decided to get on a boat with people who were drinking and didn't think to put on a life jacket. Not only is his life lost but his family and friends suffered a loss. When you can't even be bothered to take all the safety precautions in order to keep yourself safe and partake in activities involving alcohol, high speeds in a boat and water then I'm sorry but what do you expect?


I know what you mean. Every weekend my parents decide to drink. Now, on occasion, they'll do it at a bar or friends house and decide to drive home afterwards. If something happened to them because they decided to drive drunk (my stepfather already has plenty of DUI's under his belt) I would be sad yes, but I wouldn't be devastated. They made the choice to drive home drunk/buzzed, they decided to put their life and the lives of others on the line.

Now, I know that a majority of you are going to say "Oh well, your dad hasn't changed his ways, what makes you think those speeding would have had they been arrested??" That's not the point. My stepfather is a horrible man. Especially when he is drunk. There are horrible people out there who make horrible choices, especially when it comes to the law, but that doesn't mean every one else in this world is like that. There are some damn good people out there who would change their ways if a cop pulled them over when they were breaking the law.



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Yeah, I understand that speeding is dangerous,


No proof of that.


Originally posted by Xaphanand I don't condone driving recklessly,


What a guy!



Originally posted by Xaphanbut I encourage people to warn others of speed traps, simply because I don't like most police officers and don't want to see them profiting from us.


So you think the police take our ticket fines and...and...do exactly what with those stolen funds?



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular
No proof of that.


Looks like you need to do some research, dude.
The Dangers of Speeding
Excessive Speed Is A Factor in One Third Of All Fatal Crashes
Dangers of Speeding - Missouri Driving University

Here, you know what? I'll just link you to Google so you can do your own research.
Google


So you think the police take our ticket fines and...and...do exactly what with those stolen funds?


Stolen funds? You're joking, right? You break the law, you get fined for it. Everyone knows that.



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

So you think the police take our ticket fines and...and...do exactly what with those stolen funds?



Originally posted by Believer101
Stolen funds? You're joking, right? You break the law, you get fined for it. Everyone knows that.


So the police pocket traffic fines in your little town and spend them?

Where is that now so I'll be sure to let you all alone there?

edit on 3-7-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular
So the police pocket traffic fines in your little town and spend them?

Where is that now so I'll be sure to let you all alone there?

edit on 3-7-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)


What the heck are you talking about, dude? Where exactly did I state that?



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

Originally posted by Xaphan

Yeah, I understand that speeding is dangerous,


No proof of that.

Actually if you did a little research you would see there is proof to support it. Contrary to popular belief a speed limit is not arbitrary. Speed limits are set based on the design / attributes of that particular stretch of road / highway. Numerous factors including sight distance, width of the lanes themselves, separated vs side by side road placement, hills, curves, how weather like snow, ice, rain etc affect the road surface as well as standard reactions times by average, number of vehicles on average that use the road, number of major cross / minor residnetial cross streets, schools located in the area etc etc etc.

The yellow speed limit signs are engineer set limits (off ramps). While yellow speed signs are advisory only, if you have an accident within that zone and were exceeding the engineer speed it can be listed as a contributing factor to the accident - excessive speed.



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There is a highway out here where leaving a large city the speed is 65. As it enters the next county, getting in to a more rural area it is still 65. Then at some point it drops to 60 for a long distance. Same type of open stretches. As it hits the next county line it goes to 75. Really doesn't make any since road layout, obstacle wise. More political areas.



posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular
So you think the police take our ticket fines and...and...do exactly what with those stolen funds?

It goes straight to the government. What did you think they do with it? Donate it to charity?

edit on 3-7-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
so the point of speed traps is to stop people from speeding? have you ever gone 41 in a 40 zone? then you broke the law and you were speeding.
To be honest...if we didnt drive cars....cops would be out of a job. its about money, and you all know it.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
so the point of speed traps is to stop people from speeding? have you ever gone 41 in a 40 zone? then you broke the law and you were speeding.
To be honest...if we didnt drive cars....cops would be out of a job. its about money, and you all know it.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

Now you're just being silly. You won't get in trouble for being over the speed limit by 1mph. It's when you go +10mph over then posted speed limit then you get in trouble.

Cops would not be out of a job if there weren't any cars. There have been police long before there were ever any cars.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower
 


silly or not the speed on the sign posted isnt a recommendation but the actual speed limit. And of course we had cops before cars, but in todays society police depts would not be able to function without the revenue generated by traffic violations.



new topics

top topics



 
26
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join