It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

The denial you are in about your dear leader is just stunning. What's the matter bro? You mad because he isn't even close to who you thought he was?

Oh it's the dude with the HOT avatar... Sorry, but believe it or not I didn't vote for him, I voted for Bob Barr. I will vote for Obama this time because Mitt Romney is nothing more than a white collar gangster like the rest of his rob the middle class and toss under the bus the poor and the elderly Wall Street crowd.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Go ahead and spin it whatever way, FOR THE PEOPLE, you want, Obamacare is a tax, it is the government telling you what you have to do.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Lets see what is the choice the choice is, for tens of millions of uninsured people Mitt "eugenics" Romney will tell them they can't have insurance because they can't afford it.
OR
Barack "tax the 1%" Obama telling them they have to have insurance with a tax credit to pay for it. What a choice, and the choice is clear.

The choice is between good and evil, and Romney is evil, Obama is good.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Romneycare, Obamacare - the only problem those two have is in the name.

Just because you sipped the kool-aid and found it to your liking doesn't mean the rest of us have.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well we are losing our health benefits for the state. I am a state employee and now our state is going to drop our health insurance and just pay the fine. I knew this was going to happen. Thanks to everyone who supported this, now everyone is going to get screwed over on this. See my employes a state government body covers 60% of my health insurance, but now they are just going to drop it and make us pay for it ourselves on the exchange system. They will pay the 2k fine as they will save on average 12k per employee and that's 70k employees. Then all of the poor and everyone else who is forced into this health insurance. You are going to get a crappy high deductible insurance that you can barely afford.

So enjoy this as the powers to be who don't care about any of us are going to take advantage of this and not pay for anything.

GREAT!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

That doesn't make any sense? They were paying for it when they didn't have to, but now that it is mandated they are going to drop it and pay the fine?

If your state is dropping the coverage, it was likely in the works due to budgetary constraints long before the healthcare bill. I'm not a fan of the bill, but saying your state would rather pay the fine than the insurance is stupid. They were paying it voluntarily all this time anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well you got understand politics and profit margins. No, they weren't going to drop it, but now that studies have been done they are. It does make sense. Its simple. Pass the cost off to the tax payer and then force the employee to get their own coverage. Every employer will save so much money by doing this. Google it if don't believe me.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I googled "state dropping health care" and I got nothing, but as I was looking at all of google's autofills I see where Illinois is dropping Health Alliance last year, but they still had other coverage plans.

What state are you in?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Employers dropping health insurance

I am in New Mexico, just sat in on a meeting with the powers to be in my state discussing it. Wonderful, now they are committed into doing this as it will save the state millions a year. You see when they offer you a job, they take into account the health coverage as a part of your salary. Let's say you make 75k a year, in reality you really make close to 90k a year. They adjust your salary for the health insurance. So now they get to remove that cost and shove you into the exchange system. Well your not going to get a bump in salary to cover the difference, so now the employee has to pay 100% of the health insurance at only 75k instead of 90k. See how it works now?

That's how things work. The dominoes are falling now and many more following suit. You can argue all you want to about this, but until you sit in meetings like I have and you see the greedy people licking their chops, you have no idea whats going on.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I am in New Mexico, just sat in on a meeting with the powers to be in my state discussing it. Wonderful, now they are committed into doing this as it will save the state millions a year. You see when they offer you a job, they take into account the health coverage as a part of your salary. Let's say you make 75k a year, in reality you really make close to 90k a year. They adjust your salary for the health insurance.

Oh ya, I work for the State too! Florida. The benefits are part of the package, because the pay sucks. We haven't had a raise in 8 years, but for 3 years in a row they have taken something out of our salary. First it was making us pay a little more for health insurance, and then it was making us contribute to our own pension fund, even though the thing was 97% funded, and in much better shape than most pensions even after the recession. In addition, my agency is funded by a trust fund that we manage, so during all of these layoffs, my department was pretty immune, but then the state decided to do sweeps of the trust funds, and it took millions out of ours and added it to the general operating fund, and now my agency is facing a budget crisis as well.

Politicians suck.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

First of all, I doubt if a State is going to just drop all the employees health insurance. Where did you hear that?

Secondly the cost of health insurance has gotten way our of hand. A 12 grand per year policy is way out of line but you are right about the cost. Not many employers can afford policies like that anymore as a benefit. Our health insurance costs 12 grand and the copay is growing every time we get it. It wasn't any cheaper before the Obamacare bill was passed either. The whole medical industry has become too expensive.

My wife had some AFIB attacks and the out of pocket for the tests was about two grand. They ran tests and gave her medicine which made her legs swell up. I reduced the foods we eat containing niacin and the AFIB disappeared. I was making foods high in Niacin to help me regain the ability to process Niacin from Triptophan. I got my body unlocked from the pallagra but it cost us two grand. I now watch the foods I cook and eat differently than my wife. She can eat foods I can't eat and I can eat foods that she can't eat. I didn't try to boost her niacin but she wanted to eat my soups and she bought chili powder that was really strong making her recipe too hot.

This whole medical thing has been created to make us fear things when all we need to do is watch what we eat and drink. The hospitals need equipment and employees and because of their high costs need to recoup these by more tests. We need socialized medicine where the doctor heals people on the first visit. Obamacare will not be enough. We need to take some of the chemicals out of food, including natural based, that attract people to eat them. We have to get back to a more natural genetic based diet and destroy the Western diet before it destroys us. We need to relearn what our ancestors knew and reduce the medical related industry and insurance jobs from 20 percent of the US income to about 10 percent. We need to start building more here in America, stuff we need everyday.

Like I said, I doubt if a state is going to cut existing workers medical coverage. All the states and businesses will probably be getting rid of Retired peoples medical benefits if something isn't done to lower these costs. This would be happening with or without Obamacare. I've been watching these rates rise rapidly for a while wondering when it was all going to come to an end. No employer is required to supply medical insurance in this country by law. If they supply coverage it needs to include certain things.

Most States are broke, they can't keep giving good benefits to their employees. This is a recession. You need to start watching PBS for your news and not only Republican propaganda news. You need both sides politically and a good conversation with an Employer about rising insurance costs over the last ten years.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Same thing here pal. My state did the same thing with our pensions and everything. We have to contribute more to our pensions plan as well and our health costs have soared, now they will really soar. We are going to get screwed again. You watch your state will do the same to you. Talk about the most stupidest thing ever done. I feel sorry for everyone as they don't know whats coming down the pipe, a total mess.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The rising insurance costs are taking away from the raises. They have been rising so fast in the last ten years that companies have to get cheaper insurance and higher deductibles and still restrict raises. My wife's insurance costs are nearly a third of her yearly pay. Our deductible keeps increasing. Capitalism sucks when it comes to medical.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What gets me about all this obamacare thing is. You americans run arround the world giving millions to dictators and dodgy leaders. Telling the world how good you are and are the first to rush in and donate to needy causes. Yet at home your own people are dying in the streets. Losing every thing they have and end up, being called wasters. Charity starts at home. Your roads and buildings are falling down, citys are becoming ghettos. Yet you cant help fellow americans?
Free basic hospital care should be for every one.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Let me educate you on our state. We have a state agency that is contrived of 5 commissioners that regulate the insurance in my state. Only one time in 30 years have they blocked the insurance company from raising rates. So far these 5 commissioners have raised rates in the last 5 years 500% on the people. All the company has to do is show through their accounting books that their profit margins are being hurt, then they can raise the rates. Guess what they raise them every year. This isn't about republican or democrat watching the news. This is about me being in meetings with 1t hand knowledge of they are doing. You don't what they are doing.

Your costs are going to soar out of control now. Its what the insurance companies wanted. They are going to stick people like you in a high deductible policy, which you will never be able to use. Its called catastrophic insurance under the hood.

This is why people like myself have been pushing for legislation for open government. So there are no closed door meetings, so you can hear it and be informed. You would surprised what occurs in those closed door meetings deciding your fate in your state and you will never be informed, except through paid news stations.

You just don't understand.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Exactly, What we really need is regional federal hospitals and clinics for people to go to. Then instead of paying 5 billion a year to laboratories to come up with a bigger nuclear bomb to blow us all to hell. They can spend 2.5 billion a year on some lab to study medicine and the human gene/ anatomy. Then come up with cures. That's how you do it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I wonder if those five on that commission are in the medical trade? A doctor will look after those of his kind making sure money is available. I wonder if they may be getting perks from the insurance or medical industry? Maybe they are not intelligent enough to question some of the expenditures the insurance company is claiming. Maybe they don't want their insurance benefits cut at all. The states do not have an open checkbook.

The number one cause of bankruptcies in the USA is medical bills. Many of those people have health insurance but the insurance companies don't pay everything or cut them off with lifetime limits. Our government has the "can't refuse emergency care" rule and pays many hospital bills. This insurance thing is a big hairy mess.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The answer to your question is all of the above. Yes, of course they get kickbacks all politicians do. In my state these commissioners are clueless, but they don't care. Google NMPRC and read the news about them and how many scandals they have been in the last 5 years alone. It will shock you and you want people like this deciding your insurance. It is happening in every state. Most states either have a commission or a superintendent of insurance. Guess what they are politicians making decisions.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Goggled it, they even look like crooked people.
Their smirks look as if they just ripped everyone off and got away with it.
I suppose I shouldn't be judging by a photo. There wasn't much on bad stuff on that site, it's the propaganda site they control.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here is a good article on what will probably happen.

Will Insurance Companies survive?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join