Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by MidnightTide

Lets see what is the choice the choice is, for tens of millions of uninsured people Mitt "eugenics" Romney will tell them they can't have insurance because they can't afford it.
OR
Barack "tax the 1%" Obama telling them they have to have insurance with a tax credit to pay for it. What a choice, and the choice is clear.

The choice is between good and evil, and Romney is evil, Obama is good.

Bad bill, bad guy.

This guy, on a daily basis, reviews a "kill list" which contains Americans. The POTUS can decide to kill an American citizen (he already has) with the snap of his finger. No arrest, no questioning, no detainment, no day in court. He is PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for the MURDER of an American citizen who basically was good at making Muslin propagandist Youtube videos. BTW the muslim's 16 year old son was also murdered in the operation.

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS! Sure the guy wasn't a model citizen and was devoting his life to recruiting members to Al Queda. But once the government gets involved in anything, it generally tries to swallow it up. It was unthinkable 20 years ago that the government could easily record your phone conversations and electronic correspondence but now we accept it as part of every day life. How many years before it becomes commonplace for intelligence agencies to simply murder American citizens home or abroad because THEY deem you a "threat"?

Obamacare is evil and so is Obama. Stop hating on successful people who want to take their hands OUT of your pockets. Jeesh.
edit on 4-7-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by michael1983l

In a FREE Society , No One or No Group has the RIGHT to FORCE their Fellow Citizens to Purchase a Product or Service Dictated Somehow by a Unjust or in this Case , Unconstitutional LAW ............................
edit on 4-7-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

So why is it ok that now I am forced to pay for freeloaders because the law says they are "supposed" to at least get emergency medical help?
Please explain to me how that is a free society?????
If anyone asshole wants to not buy insurance and then go to the ER, I am forced to pay for it.
How is that free and just and right?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are one of the people who think it's still 1854...that way of life is gone now.

You either buy into living in a society or you pack up and go live in the woods like Grizzly Adams.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

No you aren't a d*ck...

What you are is a employee of the Devil/evil energy and you're not even aware of it.

Evils root is separatism, think on that for a minute.

You're so worried about.....I guess someone getting over on you....you can't function in a proper society.

This world will not get any better (I mean really better) until all the people like you are gone. You are dinosaurs!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Because it isn't a tax, even though the SC ruled it so.

For it to be a tax it has to have the purpose of raising revenue for the government which it does not. Hence: It isn't a tax. As simple as that....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Actually, once these dinosaur people who insist upon making a buck from everything, are gone, things such as housing, food, power, healthcare WILL be free for everyone.

In a nation as developed as ours they should, except for the dinosaurs who I guess hate to see someone else not have to go through what they went through to succeed. A fine example of selfishness if I say so....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by michael1983l

I'd help them because they're in bad shape, not because the government told me to.

Nobody is dying because they can't afford health care. Hospitals are required to accept any and all patients. Illegals get hospital stays all the time, they don't pay but they still get treated.

I can't believe you're so dishonest that you'd rather have something given to you for free than reimburse someone for their good services. Selfish to the highest degree.

And God bless the fact that I don't live where people think like you, collectivist.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

Hospitals must treat people in critical condition. A lot of good this does someone with say AIDS. The hospital isn't going to provide them with the medication they need. They don't have a doctor they can go see on a monthly basis to avoid ending up in the ER.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by jhn7537

Theres some things to rightly complain about in your governments taxation, but keeping somebody alive just isn't one of them. I cannot believe how selfish some people can be when they are worried that some of their tax dollars might go towards keeping somebody alive and that they see no direct benefit from that. Reality check.... if you saw somebody knocked down in the street by a car, would you not help them just because thhey are poor?

I'm sorry but if this is how most American people think then God Bless the Fact I do not live in the USA.

Michael, were just fed up... this is just the straw that broke the camels back... Wanna know whats even worse, it likely wont stop here... Slowly but surely we are giving up our freedoms while making our Govt that much stronger... If use to be, by the people for the people... I dont believe you would find too many americans today who would agree with that statemnt...

The new USA... By the people, For the Agenda...

Once we became a civilization there was an agenda, there has always been and will always BE an agenda!

Our freedom was always an illusion. The only people who are free are the insanely wealthy. Everyone else are just cattle who instead of being prodded into the slaughter....consider themselves free just because they walk there on their own.

What sense does that make?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Yeah I am starting to get the picture here, Americans value their dollar more than they value their neighbours life. I get it now.

When times are tough you look out for yourself and your family/loved ones... I'm sorry, but thats how it is... We live in competitive times and those who cant compete in todays world will be left behind...

The point is that: If not for people like you, we wouldn't have to live in these "competitive times". People like you refuse to come together. Admit that you actually relish the "dog eat dog" atmosphere........dinosaur.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Where is Your Humanity ? We are ALL in the Same Boat here on Planet Earth . It Should be Our Moral Duty as Citizens to Help one another in Times of Trouble until such time that those who are in Need achieve the Ability to Help Ourselves ........Obamacare does Not Promote Selfsufficiency , it Promotes a Constant Dependency on Others to maintain their Health and Well Being while at the same time Denying them any other Choice . can't you see that ?.........

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There are 2 reasons that can be boiled down as to why no one likes the new health care law. One is that it opens the door that should never have been opened in a legal aspect.
For the first time in the history of the country, the federal government is allowed to mandate inaction of a person and force them to participate in something that they may or may not want to participate in. That could and will lead to other forcing of its citizens into doing what it believes is good for the person. So that means the federal government could force you to eat something you do not want to, or even prevent you from enjoying something you enjoy, and all of it would be legal under this new health care law. The door was flung open and kept open by this new law and the court case that followed.

The second reason is that we the people of the United States were lied to about this all along, as it is now considered a tax on the population. As it is under the jurisdiction of the IRS that would assess penalties and fines for non compliance on the part of the individual. And if you don’t pay, well don’t worry, they will take what they want to ensure that they get that money.

In short it was a good idea, written to be a very bad law that was sold to the public on a lie.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowsnow

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
reply to post by TheTardis

Why should having healthcare be tied to having a job?

Is that freedom?

What if someone choose to be a independent contractor or very small business owner? Where is this person supposed to obtain healthcare?

For that reason alone, I would like to see our healthcare system tore down and rebuilt.

I am a small business owner. I have insurance.

Do you wait for your employer to purchase you car insurance for you?
No? Same way with health insurance.
You call Blue Cross Blue Shield pay them some money and walla you have health insurance..

THIS ARGUMENT HOLDS NO WEIGHT

The bill is horrible and raises debt. Source straight from the senate budget committee.. budget.senate.gov...

I am so sick of the army of pro Obamacare propaganda.
edit on 4-7-2012 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

WHAT ROCK DO YOU LIVE UNDER?

A auto insurance policy can be purchased for $1000 annually. Do you know how much a healthcare policy costs? I called back in 2004 and Blue Cross told me they had a 'deal' for me at $14,000!

What working American can afford to buy healthcare on their own? The only ones who can are business owners because they budget that into the costs of running their business.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Actually, once these dinosaur people who insist upon making a buck from everything, are gone, things such as housing, food, power, healthcare WILL be free for everyone.

In a nation as developed as ours they should, except for the dinosaurs who I guess hate to see someone else not have to go through what they went through to succeed. A fine example of selfishness if I say so....

wow...how old are you? 12? You actually think that people will work to build a house for you and millions more just for free, because you claim not doing so makes them dinosaurs?...

The selfish ones are people like you, who want everything free and don't want to pay, or work for it...

I am telling you some people these days are just lazy and selfish to no end...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Stats and proof that people are turned away, please. The world you want, is basically not to pay for services rendered. Or have others pay for it.
Sorry, but no. That is theft and no personal responsibility.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

wow...how old are you? 12? You actually think that people will work to build a house for you and millions more just for free, because you claim not doing so makes them dinosaurs?...

The selfish ones are people like you, who want everything free and don't want to pay, or work for it...

I am telling you some people these days are just lazy and selfish to no end...

People will once the dinosaur way of thinking is extinct.

I say again, everyone in this world can have shelter, food, water, healthcare FREE if it weren't for the evil/selfish people in this world who must die out!

Until we get rid of the dinosaurs who wish to be better and separate from everyone else we will continue to be a primitive society.

Heck, even ant colonies where it's basically every ant for themselves (bulldog ants) are classified as being more primitive than the social ones!

I'm surprised we made it this far in development. Actually, this must be a new way of thinking because there's no way humanity could have survived time periods when they had to face neanderthals, mammoths, short faced bears, etc., if it were every man for himself.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Stats and proof that people are turned away, please. The world you want, is basically not to pay for services rendered. Or have others pay for it.
Sorry, but no. That is theft and no personal responsibility.

It's not so much the "turned away" part that's an issue. Of course you will be treated if you show up at the hospital about to die. You will be stabalized and then told to follow up with your primary care doctor. That's where the problem is.

The issue is lets say someone with a bad heart doesn't have health insurance. HOW ARE THEY GOING TO RECEIVE the daily/weekly/monthly care they need? Are you 'smart' enough to believe they can just show up at the ER and receive preventative service? No, they have to wait until they're having a heart attack to receive any help.

So just shut up with that parroted "theft" argument and "personal responsibility" crap. Many things in this world should be provided for freely, if not for the hoarders and psyco's who have fooled people such as yourself into believing we don't have enough to go around.

We # in clean water while people in some countries have to drink contaminated water. We throw away tons of good food every night at fast food joints while people in Haiti are eating mud pies. ALL BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!!

Who relish the dog eat dog world and wish to hold society back.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So just shut up with that parroted "theft" argument and "personal responsibility" crap.

I really just wanted to start off my response with this. How very classy and civil of you. I think someone else pointed out that people like you end up responding in this manner, in regards to health care.
Yep, just shut up and go along with what ever you say. Sure sure.

It's not so much the "turned away" part that's an issue. Of course you will be treated if you show up at the hospital about to die. You will be stabalized and then told to follow up with your primary care doctor. That's where the problem is.

The millions of ILLEGALS that use Emergency rooms as such shows that you are wrong.

The issue is lets say someone with a bad heart doesn't have health insurance. HOW ARE THEY GOING TO RECEIVE the daily/weekly/monthly care they need? Are you 'smart' enough to believe they can just show up at the ER and receive preventative service? No, they have to wait until they're having a heart attack to receive any help.

Again, ILLEGALS use ERs like this all the time.
Why is it the responsibility of the tax payer to pay for someone's medical care?

Many things in this world should be provided for freely, if not for the hoarders and psyco's who have fooled people such as yourself into believing we don't have enough to go around.

So, the medical doctor that paid for school, and is a doctor as a career, should work for free then?
Oh, wait. You suggest that I need to work, harder, to have more taxes taken from me to provide for others.
Free stuff is never free. Your mindset is about as juvenile as it gets.

We # in clean water while people in some countries have to drink contaminated water. We throw away tons of good food every night at fast food joints while people in Haiti are eating mud pies. ALL BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!!

Such hostility. I guess I struck the correct nerve. You make wild assumptions. It is not the fault of American Citizens that people in Haiti eat mud pies. Other countries and people are not the responsibility of the US.

If valuing my person freedom and responsibility is considered dog eat dog, then so be it.
You are very pie in the sky in your thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
In a nutshell, because they are dumb little #s who like to get emotional over things they dont understand or dont think through. Who payed for medical treatment, when somebody working for minimum wage got cancer, or had a baby, or made that decision to get sick even though he couldnt afford it? The public.

How is that that much different from what they have now? Well for starters, if he works fulltime minimum wage it wont be the public anymore who holds the bag, if somebody at Walmart gets sick.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

So just shut up with that parroted "theft" argument and "personal responsibility" crap.

I really just wanted to start off my response with this. How very classy and civil of you. I think someone else pointed out that people like you end up responding in this manner, in regards to health care.
Yep, just shut up and go along with what ever you say. Sure sure.

Yeah I couldn't contain myself when I saw the word I've seen become popular as of late and hear on these Right tallk stations so often.

The millions of ILLEGALS that use Emergency rooms as such shows that you are wrong.

They use the ER for what?

Again, ILLEGALS use ERs like this all the time.
Why is it the responsibility of the tax payer to pay for someone's medical care?

What people with a condition need is preventative healthcare. It's sort of too late to show up once your heart starts hurting or you have a actual attack. It's the tax payers responsibility because we ceased being hunters/gatherers and decided to form a society where we all cooperate. With your logic we may as well return to hunting/gathering?

Many things in this world should be provided for freely, if not for the hoarders and psyco's who have fooled people such as yourself into believing we don't have enough to go around.

So, the medical doctor that paid for school, and is a doctor as a career, should work for free then?
Oh, wait. You suggest that I need to work, harder, to have more taxes taken from me to provide for others.
Free stuff is never free. Your mindset is about as juvenile as it gets.

No one said anything about anyone working for free under this reform. Who said the doctors wouldn't get paid? They will get paid by all of society for treating all of society. What condition do people such as yourself have where you are so concerned about who's not doing what? I work and pay taxes also. I'm just not so petty that I'm worrrying whether Wheel Chair Bob is working less than me. If he is...more power to him because one day I may be the one unable to work and I wouldn't want someone flaming me. That's something in the military we called team work. You pick your buddy up and cover for them when their down, you don't be a bravo foxtrot and step all over them.. It would suck to be in a squad with you! You're that guy who runs and tells on everyone when they take a break? And again, SOCIETY could make a lot of stuff free.

Such hostility. I guess I struck the correct nerve. You make wild assumptions. It is not the fault of American Citizens that people in Haiti eat mud pies. Other countries and people are not the responsibility of the US.

Naw, didn't really strike a nerve...I just enjoy putting people with your attitude on blast. No one said it was the fault of the U.S. Haiti is eating mud. It is a shame that we and other wealthy countries allow them too however. We are all the responsibility of each other! Someone in the military should know this. You're only as strong as your weakest link.

If valuing my person freedom and responsibility is considered dog eat dog, then so be it.
You are very pie in the sky in your thought.

If you aim low, you hit low. You and others seem content to aim low...even relish it. That's what I want to put on blast. It's all a matter of what you call freedom. Do you consider it "freedom" when you have to work or starve now? I don't.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If you aim low, you hit low. You and others seem content to aim low...even relish it. That's what I want to put on blast. It's all a matter of what you call freedom. Do you consider it "freedom" when you have to work or starve now? I don't.

Oh give me a brake.
How can I aim low, when I am successful in life?
And yes, Freedom is a double edged sword. I want the Freedom to succeed or fail on my own. Because when I do either, the fruits or spoils are mine, not for others.
That is too bad that you not only don't believe in yourself, but you have this adolescent fear that others need the Govt to help, because they are seen as not able to provide for themselves. What a great way to handicap people. Force them to accept help from a corrupt Govt.

Haven't you silly Liberals learned, that anything the Govt has the "power" to give you, has the "power" to take away?

And what about just blindly handing over control to the Govt? I thought you were of the mindset that the Govt was corrupt? Wars, greed, scandal and so on. Yet, you are fine with having them be more and more intrusive of our personal lives, and to "provide" for you. Which is it? Is the Govt corrupt or is it perfect with no flaws?

And spare me the whole Rep vs. Dem. Both sides are just as bad as the other.

edit on 6-7-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join