It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It's true. People don't like change. But I suspect that if it were "McCainCare" or "BushCare" or even "RomneyCare", the same people protesting it so strongly now would be the ones who would support it 100%...

Your right, people always wants to hide what they really feel and try to sugar coated, or write something subliminal as to why. So funny how people try to disguise there true feelings. In fact, it is not even funny it is embarrassing.
edit on 30-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by NavyDoc

I swear to god almighty that South Nassau communities hospital in Oceanside NY charged me 500 dollars for acetamenaphine in June of 2007.

I will look for the bill somewhere. If you don't believe me that's fine, but I have no reason to lie and I'm sure others here have seen the same thing.

To clarify, the bill wasn't 500 dollars, consisting of Tylenol and other things. It was neatly itemized and the Tylenol itlself was 500 dollars itself out of a 3200 dollar bill. My family and I were upset and laughing at the same time. I mean really. Come the eff on.
edit on 30-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

I believe you.
700. for kleenex, labeled as mucous recovery system. No kidding!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by NavyDoc

I swear to god almighty that South Nassau communities hospital in Oceanside NY charged me 500 dollars for acetamenaphine in June of 2007.

I will look for the bill somewhere. If you don't believe me that's fine, but I have no reason to lie and I'm sure others here have seen the same thing.

To clarify, the bill wasn't 500 dollars, consisting of Tylenol and other things. It was neatly itemized and the Tylenol itlself was 500 dollars itself out of a 3200 dollar bill. My family and I were upset and laughing at the same time. I mean really. Come the eff on.
edit on 30-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

I believe you.
700. for kleenex, labeled as mucous recovery system. No kidding!!

yep. i was in the ER for a bit last year and it was $5000. now where the hell is a single mother of 2 with no child support going to get $5000???? i didn't know my insurance had lapsed so i wasn't covered though i thought i was. i also tried to get that insurance back and they denied me. WTH??

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

edit on Mon Apr 22 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

i'm actually supposed to get victims compensation for it but it's yet to be paid. my state is one of the worst regarding healthcare.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

edit on Mon Apr 22 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am self employed, the only medical insurance i can get is thru BC-BS - for something with a reasonable deduction, I would have to pay over $1000 a month! There is no way I can afford that - only thing I can afford is high-deductible - I have a deductible of $15,000! For that I pay almost $300 a month. So not everyone with a job can afford healthcare that is any good.

Bull crap.. Do you even live here? If you have a job you can afford healthcare. Its not all that expensive but you have to go down and apply for a job,

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People want something for nothing, govt healthcare, and you always get what you pay for. It amazes me that people want the govt to give them something they should be paying for themselves. These same people that love 0bamacare are the same people that would much rather pay to have the latest iPhone, flat screen tv, new car, most extensive cell phone plan, biggest boat on the pier, largest house in the neighborhood, instead of paying for their own health care. Truly mind boggling.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
here is my issues with it. while i am all for the people having easy access to healthcare, i am not ok with the government making it mandatory. if i don't pick a plan, i get taxed? thanks obama but go f&^% yourself.

this "obamacare" is a blatant purchase by the insurance companies. car insurance is one thing, i may injure somebody else in an accident or they inure me. this is my own body we're talking about. so if i choose not to pick an insurance plan i get taxed? bs. another purchase by the insurance companies.

amazing how BLIND all of you people are to accept this just because it came from your liar in chief.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I had to stop reading after the first page.. I have never seen so many brainwashed anti freedom loving liberal Americans reach the level of blind stupidity they have in this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
I had to stop reading after the first page.. I have never seen so many brainwashed anti freedom loving liberal Americans reach the level of blind stupidity they have in this thread.

seriously. i can't believe how many people are happy about this. and somebody mentioned if it came from "my team" i would be ok with it. WRONG. i don't care if ron paul himself suggested this, i would not be ok with it.

any time government mandates free will, we lose plain and simple. what's next? if i don't purchase stock in wal-mart and apple i am going to get taxed?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This thread has a lot of psychopaths posting in it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

Originally posted by libertytoall

seriously. i can't believe how many people are happy about this. and somebody mentioned if it came from "my team" i would be ok with it. WRONG. i don't care if ron paul himself suggested this, i would not be ok with it.

any time government mandates free will, we lose plain and simple. what's next? if i don't purchase stock in wal-mart and apple i am going to get taxed?

Well said - and the ones who are happy about this are the ones who will be receiving the freebies.

and HURRAY for Yoko!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

1.Health care is available to everyone here already
2.We dont like being told what we have to do or buy!!!!!
3.We already pay more in taxes than any other country!!
4.It wasnt written by a white guy!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by RobinB022

actually no.
SurveyUSA conducted the poll, not The Huffington Post.

So you see, regardless of who publishes, prints or reports this figure; 77% is still majority.
I think even Glenn Beck himself would agree with that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

It's true. People don't like change. But I suspect that if it were "McCainCare" or "BushCare" or even "RomneyCare", the same people protesting it so strongly now would be the ones who would support it 100%...

Your right, people always wants to hide what they really feel and try to sugar coated, or write something subliminal as to why. So funny how people try to disguise there true feelings. In fact, it is not even funny it is embarrassing.

Yeah, that's it. If they just rename it RonPaulCare then I would suddenly fall in love with the idea of insurance companies making billions of dollars a year by sucking it away from doctors and patients. All that stuff I said on page 4 was just subliminals and sugar coating.

Maybe I'm not giving this legislation a fair shake. It's all about affordable health care, right? Maybe I should call up my insurance company and tell THEM how much I can afford to pay. If they refuse to insure me at that price, then they are breaking the law by not providing me with affordable insurance, and I'm sure I can count on the full weight of the Obama Administration and the IRS to come crashing down on their heads. After all, this legislation is to help the people, not the insurance companies, right?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Yeah, that's it. If they just rename it RonPaulCare then I would suddenly fall in love with the idea of insurance companies making billions of dollars a year by sucking it away from doctors and patients. All that stuff I said on page 4 was just subliminals and sugar coating.

Maybe I'm not giving this legislation a fair shake. It's all about affordable health care, right? Maybe I should call up my insurance company and tell THEM how much I can afford to pay. If they refuse to insure me at that price, then they are breaking the law by not providing me with affordable insurance, and I'm sure I can count on the full weight of the Obama Administration and the IRS to come crashing down on their heads. After all, this legislation is to help the people, not the insurance companies, right?

i
so hard at this. just because they are ok with this since it's their "team" must mean the rest of us are against this bribery because it's not "ronpaulcare". ATS should have an ignorance filter

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
you answered your own question in your OP

people don't like it because it is FORCING people to buy something that they can't afford. it's not like they are giving the insurance away for free. they have given the power to the insurer's.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i dont want to be forced into a business agreement.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by Hardstepah

Hardstepah, I am so tired of the whole "team" routine myself.

Neo96, god bless him, make it abundantly clear how awful the situation becomes when you get caught up in its snare. He was obviously upste about the ruling and went on a mini-rant that the GOP should receive credit for the bill because they were in favor of a mandate even 20 years ago.
To say that is sad is an understatement. It's like he isn't in the least concerned with the actual situation as much as he is upset that "his team" lost the ruling.

We all need to stop this way of thinking. Through non economic issues like abortion and gay rights and gun control, we have become divided to the extreme. Yet no matter which social issue side you're associated with, both parties are continually striving to only further the agenda of giant business. This couldn't be more clear with the recent ruling on ACA, and the fact that Romeny is the other choice now. The godfather of insurance mandate himself.

Lets all ask ourselves a very important and overdue question, ATS............when was the last time either party really did something which was not poll, politically, or financially driven for themselves, for the American people?
We live within the intangible confines of a profit and control driven government and we argue about the recent scorecard. How backwards have we become? How do we start to repair what is so glaringly destroyed?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join