It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Cool thread!

Doesn't anyone else think that the second anomaly looks like a skull?

Possibly with a skeleton, I know it would be absolutely HUGE!!!

I'm not saying it is a skull just that it resembles one to me, have another look...seriously.

I really do hope this whole thing does turn out to be something AMAZING. I really do.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So there's a funny looking 3d sonar image or something on the first page and I'm not sure what I'm seeing and so we should just take this and run with it??? It's a mushroom spaceship!!

And that artist's rendition.... looks nothing like what I'm led to believe is down there. (this is not a characterization of the quality of his/her artwork - the artwork is impressive)

Oh, but it's round and somewhat like a mushroom. So... it's a mushroom spaceship!!

I wish nobody had uttered the word UFO or USO or Object.

People have grabbed onto that idea and now it's like a rollercoaster without breaks.

I'm open to the idea this isn't natural. I just don't like the sensationalism.

But my mind is reminded of the face on mars baloney. Of all the hoaxes.

I'm waiting for genuine scientists and leading authorities to confirm all these pieces of evidence. I'm sure there'll be more too. But what is it? Again, I wait for actual scientists to respond.
edit on 28-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
What evidence do you have that this is a "non-story?" "Strange rock formations" natural and man made have puzzled scientists for generations. Several cities, settlements and architecture above ground were once explained away as "strange rock formations." So before you go so quick to dismiss something and accuse people of tramping on "your beliefs,"and trying to convince everyone of a "non story" to which you have no evidence of, please think before you type and it might make you look less like a hypocrite.

I didn't accuse anyone of tramping on by beliefs. I simply stated that someone made a post which assumed he knew what my beliefs were - along with baseless suggestions that I work for the government

This "story" has been in numerous threads here and I am by no means the only person to state that the Ocean X team has so far produced no evidence which suggests this rock formation (or concrete structure) was ever flying, or has anything to do with aliens.

So I am being a "hypocrite" to suggest that all of these redundant threads on this "rock formation mystery" do not belong on this forum? Why is this hypocritical?

Or do you only throw that out because I think this is all a bunch of over-hyped BS and because I disagree that this is a really, really mysterious?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So..

The Governments of the world cover up the existence of Aliens visiting Earth.. but they are letting divers mess around with an alien craft?

No one else is hearing the cognitive dissonance that must be pounding in the ears of people that believe this scenario?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
At the moment,this is an underwater item of interest.
Nothing more.

Until someone drills into these supposed passages in the structure,and sends in a mini drone sub-no one will be any the wiser.
It could be an amazing discovery,or a viral campaign(I hate those).
But just now,we do not know for sure.

We need more info.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

[Will you admit that this has nothing to do with aliens and UFOs?

How could I possibly admit that?????
Since I have NO CLUE what it is and I wasn't there??????
It very well COULD have EVERYTHING to do with "Aliens" AND "UFOs"
Then again, It may have absolutely NOTHING to do with either.

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW!?!?!?

Okay, I suppose I have "no idea" that this particular rock formation was not created by aliens, or Adolph Hitler, or the people of Atlantis, or a lost civilization of sea monkeys, whatever.

Ridicule and sarcasm are a sure sign of a weak and timid mind.
It is also a tactic that is used by those who spread propaganda.

Humor and Ridicule
Satire is a time-honored political weapon, and a devastating one. Few pompous, stuffed-shirt politicians or other phony leaders can stand much of it. A good joke can be deadlier than a gun when it comes to killing off bad politicians.

link

When asked to visualize propaganda, most people think of a poster or advertising campaign which uses false information, oversimplification, and flawed logic to emotionally impact the viewer. Many government propaganda campaigns rely heavily on ideals of patriotism, faith, and country to suggest that people who do not agree with the political issue at hand are unpatriotic or even seditious. Numerous techniques are used in propaganda campaigns including greenwashing, quoting out of context, misinformation, junk science, buzzwords, and astroturfing. In addition, the material usually contains logical fallacies such as an appeal to ridicule or an ad hominem attack.

link

Which one applies to you?

edit on 28-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
So..

The Governments of the world cover up the existence of Aliens visiting Earth.. but they are letting divers mess around with an alien craft?

No one else is hearing the cognitive dissonance that must be pounding in the ears of people that believe this scenario?

Or, the governments of the world are not covering up aliens visiting Earth (because governments of the world are not aware of any aliens visiting Earth) .... but they are letting divers mess around with something which there is so far no reason to suppose is an alien craft.

Which is the more likely?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

[Will you admit that this has nothing to do with aliens and UFOs?

How could I possibly admit that?????
Since I have NO CLUE what it is and I wasn't there??????
It very well COULD have EVERYTHING to do with "Aliens" AND "UFOs"
Then again, It may have absolutely NOTHING to do with either.

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW!?!?!?

So using this logic, everything is on topic, because there is no way to know for certain that it does not have to do with UFOs.

I don't know that random glacial erratics strewn across the countryside were not actually placed there by aliens thousands of years ago, since I wasn't there, but that doesn't mean every random rock littering the countryside is a valid topic for a forum on UFOs and aliens.

edit on 28-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Ridicule is a sure sign of a weak and timid mind.
It is also a tactic that is used by those who spread propaganda.

Take a look in the mirror.

I genuinely do think it is ridiculous the amount of attention that has been given to this rock formation (or whatever else it might be). Just because I see no evidence that this is anything at all unusual.

So if thinking that a story is stupid makes me a propagandist, well I guess we are all guilty.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by Furbs
So..

Or, the governments of the world are not covering up aliens visiting Earth (because governments of the world are not aware of any aliens visiting Earth) .... but they are letting divers mess around with something which there is so far no reason to suppose is an alien craft.

Which is the more likely?

Preaching to the choir, man. I think the people that think this is an alien craft are pushing the bounds of good sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Almost sounds more to me like this is less "UFO" and more "NATO sonar station". (Made of concrete and perhaps some other acoustic composite materials equipped with mostly passive systems.) It's likely in a perfect spot to see the comings and goings of Russian subs heading towards the North Sea. If they looked further, there's probably some cables leading up to the thing too. Then again, this might be an older 1950's or 1960's structure which is retired in place. Likely the reason why local navies have stayed mum or are doing stuff to slow this survey is because it's still classified.

So my leanings are less "alien artifact" and more "cold war artifact".

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some others, but perhaps those are buried under loose silt or some other covering that obscures them better.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just hope this story doesn't end up like the 'Money pit' in Oak island, whatever this object turns out to be.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
So using this logic, everything is on topic, because there is no way to know for certain that it does not have to do with UFOs.

I don't know that random glacial erratics strewn across the countryside were not actually placed there by aliens thousands of years ago, since I wasn't there, but that doesn't mean every random rock littering the countryside is a valid topic for a forum on UFOs and aliens.

edit on 28-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin'.

Latitudes of acceptance If a person's message is outside the bounds of acceptance for an individual and group, most techniques will engender psychological reactance (simply hearing the argument will make the message even less acceptable). There are two techniques for increasing the bounds of acceptance. First, one can take a more even extreme position that will make more moderate positions seem more acceptable. This is similar to the Door-in-the-Face technique. Alternatively, one can moderate one's own position to the edge of the latitude of acceptance and then over time slowly move to the position that was previously.[

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

From the descriptions it definately would seem that it isn't a natural phenom.
and it very well may be what you describe.

I would certainly expect the Government/s to be clamping down on this soon.
Either way, I'm sure they will find some way to make this a threat to national security.
It seems these days everything is.

Unless you go to work, eat healthy, pay your taxes, love and adore your government and its leaders, and die of cancer then YOU TOO may be a threat to national security.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I'm wondering... could this thing be a
Laccolith?
en.wikipedia.org...

Might be a more natural explanation
I don't think it is a Laccolith. A laccolith are form from stationary odjects. While this unknown object seem to have been built before the ice age. Which was later cover with 1000s of feet of ice, the glaciers itself is what had cause the runway like tracks in the floor bed by pushing the unknown object along the sea floor bed.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I like new threads about same events if there is something new to regular people to see.
No one of us want to read thru gazilion of idiotic posts of sceptics and belivers.

ITS NEW INFO !!

thx for that

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's the capstone to stonehenge

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Finally, a graphical representation of what this thing actually looks like! I keep reading all this stuff but it's quite difficult to visualise it in my mind due to the sketchy descriptions. Now that someone has portrayed it I am actually quite excited about this discovery. Stars for you dude.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

How exactly can one set concrete in the ocean?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join