It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Government cannot do everything.

Ah, but this day and age the Govt wants to. All controlling.

But even you must admit that there are some things that are better left under some control of the government.
I know you do.

Yeah.
Military, Infrastructure and a Govt structure. On the Federal Level.
it has GREATLY exceeded its role and bounds.

Other countries are doing a fine job regulating healthcare, keeping costs down, and providing more care to more people.

Yeah, Which ones?

Why are you so sure that America is not capable of such greatness as well?

How poetic.
Greatness, at the end of a TAX? No thanks.
Greatness by taking from some to give to others? No thanks.
Greatness in the idea that the Collective rules? No thanks.

What you think is greatness, it Collective Tyranny.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
How poetic.
Greatness, at the end of a TAX? No thanks.
Greatness by taking from some to give to others? No thanks.
Greatness in the idea that the Collective rules? No thanks.

What you think is greatness, it Collective Tyranny.

I am not sure I can even respond to you until you explain to me how anything you just listed is new from Obama and did not exist in the country you already claimed to love.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

I do believe that the Fed Govt has grown quite extensively under 0bama.
And I don't care about Bush and everyone else. They are gone. Stop trying to change the subject.

Since he took office, our rights have been restricted more every day.

edit on 11-7-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thats it! Im gonna resist this...whos with me?
Im not yielding to this crap!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I do believe that the Fed Govt has grown quite extensively under 0bama. And I don't care about Bush and everyone else.

Well, Bush did create the American Gestapo, (the DHS) but Obama has expanded their powers beyond reason and logic

But over all, you are correct.

link

By looking closer at the data, a number of things jump out. First, the Department of Defense is by far the largest employer among cabinet-level agencies, making up 40% of all federal employees. Second, the growth in the size of the federal workforce is concentrated in just a few agencies, with Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security seeing the largest increases in staffing

edit on 11-7-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Golf66

If you are close to 250k and your property is worth clost to 500k...I think you can afford 3.8% on the excess above 500k.

Sorry...but I'm not feeling too sorry for you.

I didn't see him complaining about not being able to afford it. I didn't see him mention that at all. His concern seems to be why is it OK to target him for robbery?

Why is it OK to rob Joe A if you're not going to rob Joe B, too? Where is the promised "equal protection under the law"?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I never claimed the poor will have to chip in for themselves so why the hell would I have an answer for it?

So "the poor" are suddenly and magically no longer included among "the uninsured"? When did they suddenly insure themselves?

If "the poor" are no longer among the uninsured, have got right with your god and suddenly started insuring themselves, just who in the hell is ObamneyCare supposed to be helping, then?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

show me how it's different for me ??

Besides the 80% rule, no PEC stipulations, 26 year child extension, cost controls, etc.
You mean besides that stuff?
hmm, i did ask how it was different for me ... why won't you answer such a specific question?
what you listed doesn't even apply to me.
"cost controls" ??? where ?? OTC drugs have increased, mate's insurance premiums have increased, one worksite has dropped med coverage all together, which "cost controls" and where?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Sparky63

Yep, gotta love it when the Govt comes in to "save the day".

And 0bama and every supporter will continue to march on that this is the best thing for the people.

America is swirling the toilet .

The nine most frightening words in the English language -

"We're with the government, and we're here to help"

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
just wondering if anyone saw this news yet ... www.npr.org...

Mayor Chris Doherty has reduced everyone's pay — including his own — to the state's minimum wage: $7.25 an hour.

Doherty says his city has run out of money.

just imagine how many more families will/can no longer afford the insurance they likely already possess.
i wonder how this is going over with the PD, FD, P&R, EMS and the like.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Government cannot do everything.
But even you must admit that there are some things that are better left under some control of the government.
I know you do.

Governing. That is what is best left to governments. Not running charities, governing. That is why they call them "governments", and not "charities".

Other countries are doing a fine job regulating healthcare, keeping costs down, and providing more care to more people. Why are you so sure that America is not capable of such greatness as well?
edit on 11-7-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

I don't live in those foreign lands. I have no desire to. If I wanted to, I would already be there - they wouldn't have to bring it here. Their ways are fine for them, but they are not our ways. We were founded on the principle of strict non-interference in personal matter by governmental entities. We fought a 7 year long war over that, to establish those principles.

Some of us are quite ready to fight another one to re-establish them, should you persist in trying to steal them away.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
Thats it! Im gonna resist this...whos with me?
Im not yielding to this crap!

You are not alone, and won't be standing alone.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

reply to post by Golf66

If you are close to 250k and your property is worth clost to 500k...I think you can afford 3.8% on the excess above 500k.

Sorry...but I'm not feeling too sorry for you.

I didn't see him complaining about not being able to afford it. I didn't see him mention that at all. His concern seems to be why is it OK to target him for robbery?

Why is it OK to rob Joe A if you're not going to rob Joe B, too? Where is the promised "equal protection under the law"?

Exactly, I can afford a great many things the average American cannot - why? Because I lived frugally for 24 years in the military saved more than 25% of my take home pay while investing well and putting my money into land. Drove old cars, lived below my means…all so I can live well now with the time to enjoy it. Then since I have stretched and saved for all that time and have a decent retirement from the military own my own business and...and work full time as an investigator for the State I am fair game because I'm rich? I am not rich - I invested well, saved my pennies and worked my ass off at a hard job for 24 years so I could have a nest egg.

Then I opened my dairy - did so well at that I don't even have to be involved anymore and I employ Americans.

So I have a 46k a year retirement I earned, about 70-80k a year from my business and then work 45-60 hours a week for the State of MO making another 45k with my wife's professional income we are almost at 250 combined. I only took the State job because I was bored – my business was doing so well there was not much for me to do but get in the managers way… I think I might quit that and start another business and boy then won’t I be rich.

So we are fair game for what reason? We are rich? I have one kid - I could afford more but only want one for a reason I don't want to support a bunch of them. If people are having kids they can't insure or feed or whatever, why hit me up to cover for their poor choices? No one gave me anything I earned it... Tax me some more so # heads can sit at home on welfare and unemployment and I can pay for the birth’s of illegal immigrants…um um um. Penalize me 3.8% because some crap-tastic people who can’t plan and manage their lives can’t afford their healthcare. I don’t see how this is my problem honestly. I only have one child – I don’t want to support a bunch of kids, I certainly don’t want to pay for the children of others I especially don’t want to support a bunch of adults who should be supporting themselves.

I employ people, give to charity etc, yet this is not enough for the moochers they want me to pay for their healthcare too. Want good low cost healthcare for life join the military earn it like I did. It's not a benefit of citizenship one must earn it. Want something (healthcare for life at cheap cost) - give something (24 years of service) see it’s easy. The opportunty is there for the taking.

Not want something but can’t afford it - take someone else’s. Where I come from that’s called theft.

I am sure ole OutKast Searcher has little or nothing so is all about redistribution - I'd wager if you'd earned a decent living or built a business and had something to lose you'd sing a different tune.

Those who are all for wealth redistribution have nothing to lose of course they are all for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Do you realize what the amount of money it is that you are bitching and moaning about???

Let's say you can sell your property for 600,000....you would pay 3,800 in tax....that is 1.52% of your yearly income...and it is a one time tax.

You seriously sound like someone who just WANTS to complain about something.

I am sure ole OutKast Searcher has little or nothing so is all about redistribution - I'd wager if you'd earned a decent living or built a business and had something to lose you'd sing a different tune.

Those who are all for wealth redistribution have nothing to lose of course they are all for it.

I love people who try to profile me...it's cute.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So theft is OK, so long as we run the amount of it by you and get that amount approved for the heist?

See, that's sort of an alien concept to me, and I'm having a little trouble with it. Blame it on my upbringings - when I was growing up, theft was theft, and the amount was irrelevant. It didn't matter if you stole a Cadillac or a beater, it was still car theft, and they would lock you up for it. It didn't matter if it was a 500 dollar diamond or a 50,000 dollar diamond - they would still lock you up for it.

Butbutbut you'll likely say - this isn't theft, it's tax. Taxes are properly applied across the board for all, not against special undesirable targets. That whole pesky equality under the law thing. Call it a "tax" if it makes you sleep better at night. You can call a skunk a "rose", too, but whatever you call it, it still smells like a skunk.

edit on 2012/7/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

If "the poor" are no longer among the uninsured, have got right with your god and suddenly started insuring themselves, just who in the hell is ObamneyCare supposed to be helping, then?

I believe it will help those people that get backaches from sitting an a wallet that is too thick!

The end goal is to thin out the wallets, I don't think they really have much concern for the backs of those taxpayers.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Do you realize what the amount of money it is that you are bitching and moaning about???

Let's say you can sell your property for 600,000....you would pay 3,800 in tax....that is 1.52% of your yearly income...and it is a one time tax.

You seriously sound like someone who just WANTS to complain about something.

Yep, it is just a little more of YOUR money Gof66. What is the big deal? Man, you sound as if you don't like having a LITTLE more of YOUR money taken. Geez, it's not like it is 2% of your yearly income.

Nothing like being generous with other peoples money to make you fell all warm and fuzzy inside.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Governing. That is what is best left to governments. Not running charities, governing. That is why they call them "governments", and not "charities".

I cannot believe you think this passes as an answer.
And just what do you believe "governing" entails?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And I don't care about Bush and everyone else.

Since you do not understand why past presidents matter I am with you. The moment the next president is a Republican, I am on your side 100%. I am not gonna wanna hear any crap about some past guy named Obama though.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And I don't care about Bush and everyone else. They are gone. Stop trying to change the subject.

Since he took office, our rights have been restricted more every day.

edit on 11-7-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

Holy crap did you even read the post I was responding to?
NAME ONE THING ON THAT LIST THAT IS NEW BECAUSE OF OBAMA.
There, can you try now?
I ask because it described America as it ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join