It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' at the bottom of the Baltic Sea 'cuts off electrical equipment when divers get within 200m

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yeah, well it's funny how the electrical systems on the ship kept on working to allow them to sail away allowing them to just give some spurious anecdotal "evidence" of cameras etc stopping working.

Plus how did they get any images at all if this is the case.

What a load of old cobblers.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty firmly of the idea that this is being milked as far as it can go and of course there's nothing down there that is either weird or unearthly.

Just like the UFO conferences, every one has learned how to extract every little penny out of stuff.

Such a shame, seemed interesting initially and then played so thin it annoyed..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
For the sake of argument:

Could the electrical problems be caused by a man-made jamming device.

What if certain superpowers wanted no pictures etc of this thing to reach the media, but they can't stop teams diving in the area?

How about they let them dive, but make it impossible for them to get close enough to investigate and photograph.

Perhaps using something akin to an EMP device they could paralyse any vessels within 200m?

It's a better option for TPTB than to cordon off the area, which would make it even more apparent that something important is down there.

Just saying....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Why don't a heap of people who live in all the countries nearby get in their boats, motor out into the baltic and chart any boat that's anchored up with a diver flag near it. A coordinated effort amongst the searchers would result in quick mapping of the 1600kM x 160km area to find the target boat and culprit area.

Once the area is positively identified, get a stack of boats all to the location and get the cameras rolling!

Just sayin

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I saw this thread on the front page and I said " dont do it..you know its some BS fluff piece to gather the idiots..dont click on it" But god dam this curiosity of mine I just had to click on the dam title and low and behold I was right all along.

Im getting tired of these threads. And yet here I am. Compulsed to enter only to leave thinking..what happened to the human race...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
As for myself, I'm calling 'BS' on this whole ufo thing. NO reflection on the OP, on the contrary, you can only post the information available. The fact that it's turned into an amusement park ride, only suggests....... well draw your own conclusions. Their claiming "some" of the equipment malfunctioned....... was that everything or maybe a Radio Shack pre-paid cellphone, the $49 special? lol... I'm very skeptical about this whole story, and in the end, I think the public will be rather disappointed with the actual findings. This goes on like the Lindsey Williams videos, baiting with a carrot for an hour, with what could be said in ten minutes. If this were a ufo, there would be an armada of war and research ships surrounding the site, helicopters overhead and Zodiacs swarming the waters... or is an actual ufo that unimportant.......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
That's odd, I thought this story was resolved already. They got down to the bottom and found a bunch of soot etc on there, and realized it was a viking ship that had been snapped in half. Now they're claiming this?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
i detect a little bit ATS fail here

its not a

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

it is a

USO = Unidentified Submerged Object

More like UCO - Unidentified Crashed Object, but I have my doubts about this being an object of interest at all....

IMHO, they are trying to capitalize on interest, and I can't blame them for that, as equipments and mission do cost real money.

Too bad there was nothing found of interest, and those 'post' incident stories are just counterproductive for UFO community. (same as any disinformation from government)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
how did they get back to the surface if their equipment failed?

Exactly my thought......Also puzzling me was 'How did they manage to get a single picture of the thing, if all electrical equipment fails around it?'

If they used regular scuba gear.....then I suppose it may be a purely mechanical mechanism, rather than electric (Honestly I don't know anything about scuba gear...then again I thought they were taking a sub down which would almost assuredly rely on electricity and computers, but perhaps I'm mistaken about that). What I do know a little something about though is camera gear.....It would be nearly unheard of for a crew like this to be using old fashioned film cameras.....which suggests they are almost assuredly using digital cameras.....If all electrical equipment fails near this thing, then how come they've been able to take photos of it!?!?!

This story is starting to smell a bit 'fishy' to me (I know.....horrible pun!)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

If that really did happen I would have kept my mouth shut, I would also have instructed all crew members to keep their mouths shut. Government representatives will be around shortly "OK boys we will take care of this from here on"

edit on 28-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by databomb
if there was a ufo at the bottom of the sea
do you really think we would be hearing about it
it would be like the goverment declaring that humans aliens have been around us for yeons
it just wouldnt happen

At some point disclosure will happen, whether by choice of world government, or, by an open "Admittance" from our intergalactic/galactic neighbours.
What would the first stages of Disclosure look like, that is what interests me, what the government would be doing in the first stages, and, our off world neighbours, how would they do it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I could be wrong but I read somewhere they were planning on marketing this as a tourist thing to take rich people down to see this thing close up.

If this is a gimmick it could work both ways for them. If it isn't considered safe they may not be able to get insured or licensed to do the tour thing.

Sounds like rubbish. It is certainly nothing that have been claimed in the Swedish press.

Nope, it must be a Daily Mail Cut&Paste intervju....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I found this very informative clip on YouTube. I like the theories it suggests at the end.

edit on 28-6-2012 by DohMinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

edit on 28-6-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Professional diver Stefan Hogerborn (self admitted NON scientist)

looks the part of a Captain Picard of the 'Star Trek' series, all dressed up in that divers outfit...

this is great street-theater, all the crew hamming it up like they are participating in some sensational adventure that came as a surprise to everyone.

2 nights ago on the coast-2-cost show when Richard Hoagland was a guest... he started telling that the Baltic Sea object was giving off a torsion field and thats why the electronics went off on the divers...

i vaguely recall that he said the object was raised up on 10' columns..(giving me a wrongful impression that the object appears in the stylized version of a landing pod on legs as-it-were...

the Face-on-Mars promoter (Hoagland) getting his "torsion-fields" and "hyper-dimensional-physics" theories interlaced with the Baltic Sea object is just a publicity angle to my sensibilities...and casts more doubt on the whole expedition.... an expedition by a group of treasure hunters as i pointed out in earlier posts and not Discovery minded scientists as one would expect of a find of this magnitude

street-theater with a lot of sensationalism
just my 2 ¢ worth

ADD:

the C-2-C show tonight will contain a segment about the Baltic Sea object

snip from Coast to coast AM...www.coasttocoastam.com...

tonight's show
1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
Gobekli & Baltic Sea Mysteries
Thu 06-28

Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe will discuss the 30 acres of the mysterious 12,000-year-old limestone pillars that have been excavated in Gobekli Tepe, Turkey, including bizarre carved creatures, eerie totem, black-eyed humanoid sculpture, and untranslated symbols.

She'll also share an update about the Baltic Sea mystery with Peter Lindstrom regarding his company's June 5th return to the strange 180-foot-diameter circular structure.

edit on 28-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

ADD

www.youtube.com...

there a pic of a old timey round salvage ship in this 2 minute clip
edit on 28-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Yeah, well it's funny how the electrical systems on the ship kept on working to allow them to sail away allowing them to just give some spurious anecdotal "evidence" of cameras etc stopping working.

Plus how did they get any images at all if this is the case.

What a load of old cobblers.

If you actually read what youre talking about youll see it clearly states that it does NOT affect ALL electronics. And since when did it take anything electronic to 'sail' away??

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
P.T. Barnum would love this thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Maybe the equipment failure was coincidental and had nothing to do with the anomaly. Glitches do happen without divine/ET intervention. Tags: Murphy's Law, Those lying weasels at Radio Shack

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Speaking of pics, I thought that the visibility was only a few feet down there.

Now we're hearing that they have pics of the whole thing? Even a wide angle lens doesn't help you in that case, if the visibility is so poor. Maybe they made a mosaic?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Dont forget these guys are sponsored by a Swedish media group. They had talked about beginning an underwater tv series back in December.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join