Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'UFO' at the bottom of the Baltic Sea 'cuts off electrical equipment when divers get within 200m

page: 2
64
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


Who ever send they were sending people down there...did I miss something?




posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum
 


Maybe the NAVY placed deterent mechanisims to prevent any filming and recording in the area due to them NOT wanting to MOVE it UNTIL THEY FULLY UNDERSTAND IT. SO this should be an alert to avoid it more less because if something happens down there NOONE WILL RECEIVE HELP CALLS OR DATAVISUAL/AUDIO. I wonder if there are subs near it the undetectable kind observing the observation crews activities as they ALSO gather intel.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

I would have to say that it is most definitely not Coral, as they, the team, said until just last week that they were unable to take any samples from the surface as it was extremely hard, like Concrete, and therefore had to send for special tools to be able to take any sample from the object at all.
If it had been Coral, ordinary tools would have been fully enough to do the work.


Good point NC.
So we could possibly be looking at something encased in a concrete like substance.

I am leaning more towards soviet reactor/submarine experiments,dumped and covered in concrete.
Hmm.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
how did they get back to the surface if their equipment failed?


I believe they can still swim without the aid of electronics. Back in the day - we were able to dive without the aid of computers or any electronics. I know unbelievable.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i detect a little bit ATS fail here

its not a

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

it is a

USO = Unidentified Submerged Object



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
So it would seem there is still life in this story yet.


As it says in your linked article: "hopes to take wealthy divers to see the object"

I bet.

BTW, how would his nice little submersible get there and back if "it stops all electrical activity"? Not to mention it's odd that he didn't have the issue when he was originally sonar imaging it, or taking photos of the top of it.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The quotes were first reported at NDTV. The Mail Online has reached out to the Ocean X team for clarification.

there's a video of the ocean x team ..my personal thoughts are, if they had found something of interest we wouldn't even have heard about this story

english.ntdtv.com...



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
So it would seem there is still life in this story yet.


As it says in your linked article: "hopes to take wealthy divers to see the object"

I bet.

BTW, how would his nice little submersible get there and back if "it stops all electrical activity"? Not to mention it's odd that he didn't have the issue when he was originally sonar imaging it, or taking photos of the top of it.


Read the article properly mate, it says directly over the object


I'm beginning to like the idea of a whole lot of underwater concrete encasing some kind of nuclear reactor here, very plausible indeed. Radiation can effect electrical devices also, it fits imo.

Have to say, that this story is being dragged out though, time will tell as to what it actually is.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550
 

I second that. If this story is true, then maybe they ought to free dive without the ship to the location AND film everything with MECHANICAL, not electrical cameras. Is this even possible?



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't understand why people keep saying "where's the black helicopters", "the gov would be all over this and cover it up",...

Nobody who can (POSSIBLY) link this to disclosure? Let a team find a UFO/USO, of course let them take their time to get as much money as possible out of it, and then make a nice deal so it can be shown on MSM when it's all set up to be released.

PERHAPS, and I use caps for a reason because this is mere speculation, they will discover what it truly is and that will mark the start of the disclosure, this can go on for months or even years until the time is right. The fact that the daily mail is all over this every time something new comes out makes it clear to me that there's at least something fishy, why would they even report that equipment "fails" near the object?

I'm not convinced, but everything is possible, there is a possible explanation for why it's not being covered up so I'm not going to dismiss it simply because some shills say it's just a rock and if it were more the gov would be all over it, there is a (possible) motive to NOT cover this one up, I'm not saying it's like that, but it's plausible imo.
edit on 27/6/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo
 


oh please just save it to yourself next time



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Read the article properly mate, it says directly over the object



How conveniently directional. So - is there a limit to the effect? Does it affect the ship? Satellites that fly over?



I'm beginning to like the idea of a whole lot of underwater concrete encasing some kind of nuclear reactor here, very plausible indeed. Radiation can effect electrical devices also, it fits imo.

Have to say, that this story is being dragged out though, time will tell as to what it actually is.


Radiation energetic enough to stop the devices from working would have a much more permanent effect on the crew. It wouldn't be so directional, either, and imaging devices would be fogged out, even CCDs.

It's a scam.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Geez they are really trying to milk this story. Its obvious they are trying to get some documentary authors interested. At the end of the day these guys are all about the money, someone has to pay for their time and equipment so they will keep feeding us BS while news papers and news channels are prepared to print their story.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam
 


I think you're right Bedlam, this reeks of suspense building for a TV deal. Even if they are telling the truth about the gear going on the fritz "300 feet over the object" and then working properly after they move it off, I didn't hear any description as to what specific piece(s) of gear is failing. I could have missed it, but, if it's the cameras that have been brought in to get high resolution images of the thing that would be very suspicious in my mind.

One would think that considering the time spent planning, effort, and money involved in performing these dives they would have more than one camera and all of them would be hardened against environmental interference. It's awfully convenient for the cameras to go out after hyping up the dive, it assures press coverage and keeps the mystery alive and well.

Naturally that's pure speculation on my part but I have learned that anytime TV production companies are involved you can pretty much bet on sensationalism and "manufactured" mystery coming into play to ensure ratings via press attention.

They claim they are doing another dive in the near future so I guess we shall see, or will we? I bet we won't get the answer until the pay per view documentary comes out.


Springer...



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
The article mentions only some of hte equipment failed. I also wonder why this was not mentioned before since they did a dive a week ago or so?


Actually, the article said, "'Anything electric out there - and the satellite phone as well - stopped working when we were above the object."

Yet they took pictures of the object, which were lit, well within 200m. Lights are electrical. They worked. Cameras are electrical. At least some worked. Therefore, the claim that "anything electrical....stopped working" is false.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Bedlam
 


I think you're right Bedlam, this reeks of suspense building for a TV deal. Even if they are telling the truth about the gear going on the fritz "300 feet over the object" and then working properly after they move it off, I didn't hear any description as to what specific piece(s) of gear is failing. I could have missed it, but, if it's the cameras that have been brought in to get high resolution images of the thing that would be very suspicious in my mind.

One would think that considering the time spent planning, effort, and money involved in performing these dives they would have more than one camera and all of them would be hardened against environmental interference. It's awfully convenient for the cameras to go out after hyping up the dive, it assures press coverage and keeps the mystery alive and well.

Naturally that's pure speculation on my part but I have learned that anytime TV production companies are involved you can pretty much bet on sensationalism and "manufactured" mystery coming into play to ensure ratings via press attention.

They claim they are doing another dive in the near future so I guess we shall see, or will we? I bet we won't get the answer until the pay per view documentary comes out.


Springer...







Agree the below sums it up for me.



Tourist trips: Diver Peter Lindberg is hoping to take wealthy tourists down in this submarine to see the object Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
can always ask James Cameron to take a look or to atleast use his crafts
This is what I meen something like this just gets no interest, smh.
edit on 6/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To be honest, i felt let down the moment i read
********* More information and pictures will be released next week.**********

then followed by 'For pictures please contact .....'

i bet if i were to email that address it would no doubt try to sell me something



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Two pages of posts, and no one has even mentioned that this whole "scam" that it might appear to be, may perhaps be orchestrated by the government (assuming this is a real "UFO") Anyone ever stop to think these guys are now being paid by the government(s) now? Suddenly they have all the funding they need to see what this thing is. So they are now getting paid to tell the truth in bits and pieces, while of course exaggerating most of the story. So you do the obvious with this one: Hide it in plain sight and at the same time, turn it into a TV special that will keep everyone glued to IT and not the truth.
edit on 27-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Anyone ever stop to think these guys are now being paid by the government(s) now?


I ask you this question,

If you were a member of the Government, would you feel the need to pay this man/local oaf?


edit on 27-6-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
64
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join