It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A One State Solution - Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In the next 5 years I predict Israel will do what should have been done long ago, annex Judea and Samaria (aka westbank) into the Jewish state and grant all Arabs living there full Israeli citizenship.

Israel has pursued the path of peace for over 40 years. Over and over again they have been stabbed in the back: when a dovish prime minister came into office, terrorist attacks increased; when Israeli responded to terror attacks with assertiveness, terror attacks abated.

The Palestinians simply do not want to make peace with Israel. To pursue this path any further would be to insure Israels eventual destruction.

Some worry that granting citizenship to 2 million Palestinian Arabs would shift the demographics in their favor; not true, Israel would still maintain a 2:1 ratio with the annexation of the westbank.

In order to insure the continuity of the Jewish state, and to FINALLY exercise sovereignty over Palestine's Arab, which allows Israel the ability to change their Jew hating, anti-Israeli culture, will Israeli find their best chance at peace.

The 2 state solution is a ruse of the extreme left and the Arabs designed to destroy Israel. A one state solution, which grants equal rights to Jew and Arab is the only way towards peace.
edit on 26-6-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
In the next 5 years I predict Israel will do what should have been done long ago, annex Judea and Samaria (aka westbank) into the Jewish state and grant all Arabs living there full Israeli citizenship.

Israel has pursued the path of peace for over 40 years.

I laughed really hard and stopped reading right here.

Khar

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Giving them citizenship wont help. They will attack Israel, any chance they get. They have been raised to hate and fight Israeli Jews and Christians so they just need to be booted out of Israel and be done with it. This PC two state crap is against Gods wishes and basic common sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'd have a hard time making peace with people who put me in opened aired prison/ghetto too.

Sorry guy, but Israel doesn't want peace, they want supremacy. Not the people, I'm sure that majority of jewish folk want peace with palestine and have no quams about them.

But the Israeli government is filled with murderous and evil people who are just not interested in anything else but their own interests.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

You mustn't know anything about the history of this subject, then.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So in other words you want a jewish state, even if muslims live in it, and this regardless of muslim's very real opposition to this idea. Hmm. Heil Hitlerstein?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Kharron

You mustn't know anything about the history of this subject, then.

Obviously so.

I think you're too close to the subject to view it objectively.

Khar

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The international community would have a heyday if Israel were to eject Palestinian Arabs. It's too dangerous a policy.

The only defensible recourse Israel can make is to annex the west bank and grant citizenship to it's Arabs. It would be better than the situation that currently exists, which at least promises Israel some flexibility in improving Jewish-Muslim relations.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

So you admit to being ignorant, yet think you can be objective??

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

Israel has pursued the path of peace for over 40 years.

I laughed really hard and stopped reading right here.

Khar

I find it comical too but for far different reasons. God has painted an end times picture where He will gather all the nations against Israel and God himself will plead with them to stop and then destroy because they refuse to. This will happen in the vally of Jehosaphat which means vally of decision . Every single country that has been in turmoil since the Arab uprising began has been predicted in the bible , what is happening now in Egypt and Syria are also predicted . Iran is also on the chopping block along with Russia . Funny how these things are all unfolding as we speak , but hey you don't have to believe but I would ask for you to remember for when it does come to pass as it will.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: Spelling and a thought

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's rational. The government is full of 'murderous, evil people"??? Ok. I guess there's no possible refutation of such a sentimental statement.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think you're failing to read between the lines, so I'll just leave you to your propaganda.

Have fun!

Khar

edit on 26-6-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That's rational. The government is full of 'murderous, evil people"??? Ok. I guess there's no possible refutation of such a sentimental statement.

It's completely rational. Show me one single event of the current Israeli leadership attempting to do good by palestinians?

You won't find anything that doesn't serve Israeli interests first. I don't care how you frame it, Palestinians live ina GHETTO, and OPEN AIRED PRISON.

Do you think that's right? If you do, then I understand why you agree with Israel.

The Government of Israel has had many chances, and still do, to resolve this problem peacefully, via a two state solution and they refuse to do so. Along with all the international laws they do not agree to or follow, yet expect others to follow.

The list of ironic and hypocritical things that Israel does on a daily basis is mind boggling.

This is their fault, not anybody elses. Self fufilling prophecy at it's best.

~Tenth
edit on 6/26/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/26/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

These areas all broader other Arab states , so why do you put all the heat on Israel . If the neighbors on all sides of you constantly shot at you , your kids and property , how would you react ? It is compelling that one of the smallest countries in the world is to be divided by all these massive countries and not a one of them would offer these so called Palestinians a place to live when they were evicted from Jordan in the 1970's . The word Palestine only came into existance after 130ad and the conquering Romans renamed the land of Judah to Palestine which means land of the Philistines . To say these people were palestinians is a lie and they were not Philistines .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think the one state solution is the answer.

The thing is we had one state to start with, that was the state of Palestine, and that is the state that should be returned to .... ideally.

I suppose it doesn't matter what name you give to the region, Israel, Palestine, whatever .... but in the end there will be one state with everyone in it having equal rights, and I doubt very much it will be a Jewish state, although there will be Jews living in it. It won't be a Muslim or Christian state either. It will just be a state with a wide variety of different people, with different cultures, religions, and skin colours, all living in harmony.

It's what is called a modern civilised democracy, unlike the current illegal, racist, facist, terrorist state of Israel we have at the moment.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

i think what your really saying is that by annexation isreal could continue aggressions toward palestinians without it being an international issue. keeping outsiders noses out of their business of lording over the region.wont hapn capn

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Why current event? You criticized my claim that Israel hasn't sought peace.

Ready? The 1937 partition plan, the 1948 partition plan, and most recently, the 2000-2001 camp david-taba summit in which then PM Ehud Barak offered Yasser Arafat 97% of the west bank, East Jerusalem as the Palestinian capital and 30 billion dollars of reparations for Palestinian refugees. That's not seeking peace!!!? What did he do? He REJECTED IT - which elicited the criticism of Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia - and launched the 2nd intifada.

Do you think that's right? If you do, then I understand why you agree with Israel.

And wouldn't the annexation of Judea and Samaria fix that problem? A poll carried out by a PA statistician showed that only 20% of Palestinians approve of their government, noting corruption, incompetence as reasons.

If they became Israeli citizens, they'd be accorded complete democratic rights.

The Government of Israel has had many chances, and still do, to resolve this problem peacefully, via a two state solution and they refuse to do so

Honestly, where do you get this? back it up with facts. But first, acknowledge the 2000-2001 offer which Arafat rejected, which would have created a Palestinian state in the west bank and Gaza, giving them the majority of the land (and the IDF would only occupy those outer ridges to protect it's most populous region from terror attacks) and Jerusalem as a capital. It was rejected. If he didn't accept that, what else could they want, other than Israel's complete destruction as a Jewish state. Some state that the refugee issue wasn't properly solved. How?? He wants the 4 million refugees to enter ISRAEL and thus flood the state with Arabs which would inevitably lead to the destruction of Israel as a JEWISH state. Anyone who supports this clause is a bigot, pure and simple, because once the Arabs get control they'll be the ones who will discriminate as they already do against all non-muslims in every single Arab state that currently exists.
edit on 26-6-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

the thing is we had one state to start with, that was the state of Palestine, and that is the state that should be returned to .... ideally.

Such a state has never existed.

It won't be a Muslim or Christian state either.

And you base this upon.................................................................?? Do you not realize or even care that every single Arab state in the middle east, from Nigeria and Mauritania in west Africa, to Pakistan, calls themselves a MUSLIM state?? There's not one Muslim country with a predominant Muslim population that doesn't give advantages to Muslims over non-Muslims. Not Turkey (which as an Islamist government), certainly not Syria, or Lebanon, or Egypt (which now has an islamist government)..Seriously, prove to me the merit of that assertion, and I will consider the possibility of Israel becoming a totally secular society. But it just wont be, because there is not even one example from neighboring countries to work from, and given already the presence of Islamists in Palestine (i.e. Hamas, Al Aqsa brigades etc) I find it highly unlikely on totally reasonable grounds.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I thought this was a tad bit cankerous

"In order to insure the continuity of the Jewish state, and to FINALLY exercise sovereignty over Palestine's Arab, which allows Israel the ability to change their Jew hating, anti-Israeli culture, will Israeli find their best chance at peace."

when one remembers that the sovereign manifests & implements law without consent of its populace.

Redux 2.0?
.... Probably.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The Palestinians were there first so IMHO they are defending themselves against invaders. And israel has done nothing but continue to take more land from them time and time again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join