It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Death An Illusion? Evidence Suggests Death Isn’t the End

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I know I am going to get smited on this one. But I have died many times actually. And rebirthed all the same.

Death is my friend, and I am accustomed to it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Only read the first page of posts but I want to throw a suggestion out there.

Study and get to know how to use a pendulum. It opens up a whole new world of understanding how time is illusionary or simultaneous or whatever.

Yes, I know it is only our muscles reacting to stimulus received but it allows us to receive, recognise and interpret many more inputs than our brains can process from our 3D senses. The energies which science cannot yet measure can be measured by our own bodies and quantified by the use of the pendulum in a subjective way.

Obviously science would not be able to handle this and scientists would go completely mad not having an objective framework from which to work, but when it all comes down to it - unless we can measure this stuff with 3D instruments, science will not accept or believe it. It is unfortunate for them, since they are missing out on a whole lot of "invalid" data.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
There is no death there is only life. Life still exists even as form changes.

Even God does not know how to unexist self.

In my experience and research the concept of death is taught to us in order to wipe our memories and keep us perpetually enslaved here. You can guess where here is.

I agree. Life always has been and always will be. There is no alternative. We like to frame things in the "beginning, middle, end" paradigm because that is our experience in this realm.

I've read many accounts of NDEs, and the experiencers always say a similar thing - dying is more like waking up from a dream, as though THIS is the dream and the afterlife is true reality.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Matter is an illusion formed in our brains does not “reject” the matter, but provides us information about the real nature of the matter: that no person can have connection with its original.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

That said, your memories, feelings, fears, loves, all of that, is programmed in neuron pathways and synapses in your brain. That part, indeed, dies.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I am a skeptic, but I've seen some compelling evidence for reincarnation. For myself, I had some strange dreams when I was a young child with adult-like emotional content and experiences I'm not so sure I could have imagined at that age. I also find the phenomena of dreaming/intuitions of loved ones after they have died (within hours/days) to be too common to be coincidence. Again, I've experienced this myself, and it was very intriguing. Do I believe in an afterlife? Souls? Reincarnation? I can't say for certain one way or the other. But I think there is interesting and compelling evidence that something of the consciousness does indeed hang around somehow/someway after the brain has ceased to function.

I have seen some compelling evidence that brain damage affects personality, cognitive reasoning, and memory. Your brain is an organic computer. If I shoot my desktop pc, it will stop working properly. You damage components of your brain, it also won't work properly. If you're claiming your consciousness is independent of your brain, then brain damage shouldn't have any effect whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Consciousness doesn't explain anything because it it doesn't exist on its own or outside the body.

If you consider that our perception is nothing more than electromagnetic signals being processed by our physical brain. It would not be hard to imagine, that if that signal was intercepted and replaced with another set of signals, then your concept of what and who you are, what you see feel and hear would be altered.

What's more, because those signals also contain what you believe is your memory, you would literally feel that you where someone else in a different environment completely. You wouldn't even question it, the only thing you would know with any certainty is 'I AM

If for instance, I could intercept the electromagnet signals entering your brain with my own, you would think that you where me having my experiences.

That electromagnetic energy, If that is truly what it is, is removed from the body it will not cease to exist as it is held together by our soul for want of a better word. Our soul is actually a being in another frequency or dimension. To lose the physical is to lose the limitations of your perception.

edit on 26-6-2012 by kennyb72 because: (no reason given)

Yes I'm sure someone can open someone's head, apply some sort of current to certain brain parts and move muscles etc. I know that in cases of brain injury, cognition, the senses and mobility can be altered etc. But, no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't intercept the electromagnetic signals entering my brain. This is because consciousness doesn't exist outside, nor can it penetrate inside, a brain.

In turn, the brain, which is sustained by the body, ie, the nervous system, the vascular system etc. cannot exist outside of the body. It can only ever be physically altered as in an accident or some sort of sadistic surgery as you suggest. So therefor we must conclude that consciousness—without the physical world, the body, the brain, and everything else that contains it—couldn't exist.

We only think this way because we are idealists and we fear death, so we cling to the metaphysics of others as if they were our own.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Einstein also stated that energy could neither be created nor destroyed, just changed from one form to another. The body dies, the energy aka soul, spirit, chakra, chi, lives on in another dimension. Why are we here in these bodies? That's a whole different topic!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The only real explanation is that we don't know what happens.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
If I shoot my desktop pc, it will stop working properly. You damage components of your brain, it also won't work properly. If you're claiming your consciousness is independent of your brain, then brain damage shouldn't have any effect whatsoever.

I think it would work like a tv. The tv signal, the consciousness, is independent of the tv. If you destroy the tv, the signal will still be there.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

IF you damage a radio or its antenna the radio waves are still there and are separate from the radio even though the damage will effect how the radio picks up the signals. The radio station may come in statically and unrecognizable but the waves themselves are still there and still the same.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

We only think this way because we are idealists and we fear death, so we cling to the metaphysics of others as if they were our own.

My convictions regarding our eternal existence is not someone else's metaphysics, It is my profound belief from having memories from a previous physical life.

If you knew what I know, you nor anybody would fear death. I would just rather not be there when it happens

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
So if a person believes in an afterlife then they'll have one, and if they don't believe then they won't? Is that the proper way of looking at the theory or am i way off?

this is actually exactly how it works(at least from my beliefs)...

where we come from is like a lucid dream. where we can control our environment and pretty much make anything happen. If you believe you are going to heaven, your conscious gets a nice place to retire for a while after your body dies. If you believe you are going to hell, that is what you have to look forward to. If you believe nothing, I think they would get stuck between our reality and where we originally came from.

A great example(minus the reason they explain her going to hell) of this is the movie, What Dreams May Come.
in this film the man dies and creates a heaven for himself, while shortly thereafter, his wife in a negative emotional state, creates a living hell for herself.

as I see it, the reason we make the choice to enter this reality is to experience the unkown and uncontrolled. This also teaches us leasons that we could never learn outside of this reatily.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Already knew all this, it started when I was a young lad and had the conversation with a friend about how what he percieves as "red" might be what I actually see as "yellow", and vice versa. And there is no way we would be able to tell because we cannot "access" the other persons body to see if what were seeing is the same.

I have always loved thinking about this kind of stuff it helps you become less judgemental and more of an observer.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Sorry, but this thread is a prime example why one should leave QM to real physicists with a Ph.D. First the article starts with a misquote of Albert E. and then goes on to happily mix consciousness and physics with a generous amount of New Age hocus pocus. What a mess!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
The only real explanation is that we don't know what happens.

And that my friend is what most people cannot accept.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
I have often considered that we can not grasp other states of existence because our consciousness is fed by our less than full spectrum sensory organs.

Gifted people, not me but maybe those like Edgar Cayce, and drug taking shamans have there conscious fed from beyond out five senses.
edit on 26-6-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

I believe that our perception in this reality is quite limited, not only by the scope of our physical senses, but by the things we are "taught" to believe.

The biggest difference between the 'common' folk and the seers is how they perceive the universe with their beliefs and physical capabilities. This brings to mind the woman that was recently show to have 4 sets of cones in her eyes instead of the normal 3. While she's still quite limited by her vision, there is a high likelihood that she see things in a much more complex manner, hence she experiences this reality like most of us could never understand. What if we all had the ability to consciously detach ourselves from our physical shell like explained with astral travel? What if we could perpetuate a dream like state where we didn't have to return to our physical body? Obviously we would need some support in order to keep our physical bodies alive. People in comas could be experiencing a totally controlled reality, and its only when we return to our body that we succumb to the rules we have wedged ourselves into from birth.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reading through some of the repies, I've realized that a big part of the problem is that people seem to be basing it all on the human experience.

What about the conscious energy of 'lesser' lifeforms? Does the tree experience death? Does a rock feel the erosion breaking it down into finer particles of sand? What about the energy that creates a fire and merges with the energy of the forrest that it is raging through?

its our human perspective of consciousness that limits our understanding of the universe. The more you are able to believe that you are part of the universe and not just something in it, the easier it will be for you to find your beliefs about where we came from and why we made the decision to produce the 'big bang' allowing us to get to this point in our conscious evolution.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

That electromagnetic energy, If that is truly what it is, is removed from the body it will not cease to exist as it is held together by our soul for want of a better word. Our soul is actually a being in another frequency or dimension. To lose the physical is to lose the limitations of your perception.

Pics or it never happened ...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

There are people with 5% of normal brain mass that a fully cognitive ..

Links please.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

What you see could not be present without your consciousness.

Okay, makes sense.

But since our consciousness or physical brain shuts off upon death, we have no consciousness to create anything.

Everything depletes in a way.

Meaning, with logical reasoning, there is nothing after death. Just like it is before birth.

Riddle me that.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join