It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 signs of spiritual awakening and understanding who we really are.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083
nothing more than woo science. How about actually believing in science and not some mystical BS

Believing in science? LOL

Spoken like a true scientism thrall. Science is not something people are supposed to "believe in". It's just a tool. Like any tool it can be misused, like any tool it isn't right for every job.

I wish fundamentalists would just stay out of threads like this. Whether they are secular fundamentalists or religious fundamentalists. Two sides of the same warped coin.

edit on 26-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thank you very much for posting this!
I was smiling and nodding my head in agreeement while reading your entire list..
Thank you for spelling out these sensations that I have been gradually experiencing entirely for over a month now..

I feel like a had some kind of spiritual moment recently that has awoken something inside me::

3 weeks ago, I had an overwhelming emotional moment thinking profoundly about the tradgedies on our planet and how trapped we humans are in societies across the map... I was fathoming so much of these ideas from an outside perspective looking down on myself and our planet in extreme empathy.. All this time I was crying from the bottom of my heart.. My heart started beating as deep as i could ever remember, same for huge, fast-paced unstoppable inhalations that continued for over 5 minutes.. I stood up for a better air flow in my lungs, walked 4 steps until my whole body felt very strong vibrations, making my legs and arms go stiff.. up to my fingers, i felt my whole body tuned in and emitting strong frequencies, probably the strongest i've ever conciously created. During this event i knew i was somewhat in control and could stop it if i wished, but i wanted to ride it out..

The whole thing is hard to explain, and i don't know what to exactly call it.. I'm not religious, but i do not rule out a god-like entity.. I know (not just 'believe') there is (intelligent) extraterestrial life as well.. I have also come to the realization that every human being posesses something special since we are spiritual beings.. I do not rule these things out for possible reasons why this happened, but I rather choose to think this experience was a self-manifested truth vibration in a genuine face to face confrontation with myself as a human being and at the same time broadcasting a feeling of awareness beyond this world or even dimension in attempt to let other beings hear my cry. that's just my take on it, i can't fully subscribe to any conclusion and my description of this experience is limited to my vocabulary. The only 100% truth of this was that it happened and maybe that's all that matters..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I thought I had answered it for you when I apologized. Anyhow I did send you a u2u. Hope you are able to forgive.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
reply to post by sirric

All these things happened to me about 10 years ago.A couple years before I started to get into meditating and healing energy which I was just doing on my own and learning from CD's and books.Then that is when I got cancer.A few months after surgery I noticed things more, feeling energy more.Then I had the most lucid,vivid dream.Then I had a healing session which blew my mind.The visions in my head about the person turned out to be correct which was freaky and cool at the same time.

Interesting about the cancer surgery and then things getting very different over the next few months for you. I had a very close call in early November (very intense emergency spinal surgery with terrible odds) and while I came through it with full functionality, my survival chances were not very encouraging at the time. Let's just say that the doctors gave me a phone and 15 minutes to call my friends and family to settle things before wheeling me off to who-knows-what. My point is that I also faced my mortality, and afterward it's become a very different kind of existence, which has become increasingly different over the last 1/2 year or so.

Since the crisis moment, I've experienced everything from PTSD to full-blown ADC (After Death Communication) incidents, some of which I've sought clarification about on this board (Paranormal Forum) and gotten incredible verification from one of the ATS members as a result. I have a theory concerning why I have been experiencing this sort of thing, and it might be something to think about in your case as well - since you also faced your own mortality with that cancer surgery.

When a person is forced to confront their mortality, and there's a moment, or period of time, when they have no control whatsoever over whether they will survive or not, (especially if it involves surgery where they literally lose conscious awareness of what's being done to allow them to continue to live) the innate survival of the corporeal body and brain is in question and the "spirit" is forced to deal with what occurs after the death of the body and brain. This causes something to happen in many cases, and I'm going to attempt an analogy to describe what this "something" might look like for those people who have already passed into the eternal realm, as they see this episode play out for the person in crisis.

Imagine that you're standing in a huge room that contains hundreds of people who are all sitting in lunchroom chairs, and each of them is leaning forward and staring intently into their smartphones. They're all completely absorbed by their little data screens as you walk among them. You can see them, but they're clearly not aware of you. Their whole attention is focused on their individual smartphone screens regardless of what you do or don't do as you move among them.

Suddenly, you see one of them look up from his/her phone, and scan the room for a moment. You caught it out of the corner of your eye, and yet for that brief moment they were looking at what you're looking at - or, at least it seems like they were looking at what you've been looking at. The point is that they looked up from their smartphone, and that was significant to you.

They've since dropped their gaze to their phone again, but now you know that they're capable of looking up from it. That means that they might look up from it again. Maybe if you affect them enough, they'll look up and hell, you might even get to speak with them.

Now, imagine that this room full of people includes your old friends and loved ones, and each can communicate via their smartphones to those folks you love that are also staring at their phones while you wait for each of them to finally look up from them for good. Suddenly, that person who looked up for a moment is a very special person to you. You might just try and connect with them. You might even stress them out a bit to see if you can force them to look up again. Maybe a little "paranormal activity" to trigger another distraction moment like the one they had when they faced their mortality crisis which made them look up the first time. You just want to get word back to your folks who are still staring at their phones.

I know that this is what's been happening to me since that crisis surgery, and I've read about many others who are experiencing the same thing. It's not enlightenment, but it is startling. Some passed people are trying to get my attention since noticing that I "looked up" during that crisis moment, and I've actually gotten some word back to my fellow smartphone gazers from their loved ones who are waiting on them to finally look up for good. It's just passed people trying to get a connection line to friends and loved ones. You looked up and someone noticed you when you did. To them, you're special now.

edit on 6/26/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I think you're giving these substances a little too much credit. All these chemicals do, is interrupt/slow down/scramble the communication between parts of the brain.

I've done my small share of hallucinogens, and think they can be dangerous and deceptive in ways. I'll try to explain why with an example; you had your 'spiritual' experience, feeling one with everything etc. Now, how literally did you take the experience? Feel like you were shown some ultimate truth? If so, has there been 'damage' done? Like when someone takes a substance, flips out a bit and concludes he's a god, comes down from the drug and still believes he's some omnipotent superbeing. This is called psychosis. Granted, your experience was positive, but still, what's to say you dont actually have a form psychosis too, if after all, the drug changed the way you see and think of things?

Don't get me wrong though, not implying anything here, and I think under the right conditions, psychedelics do have their benefits. As you said, it's all science and chemistry, yes. But spiritual? IMO that's questionable.
--

As for the main topic, I don't see how any of these 'symptons' could be seen as spiritual. They sound more like a diagnosis for a modern mental disorder...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
1. Your sleep patterns change. You feel restless but seem to have more energy.

2. Activity at the crown of your head, shivers, crawling sensations and tingles on your scalp. Feelings like someone is applying pressure on the top of your head. Flashes of great inspiration creativity and thoughts feeling vibrations around the head and ears. this is the opening of the crown chakra and define energy flowing in

3. Sudden waves of emotion. You feel like crying, lonely, angry, happy for seemingly no reason. This is a release of blocked emotions from the heart chakra.

4. Old issues keep coming back and at times you feel very lost.

5. Your physical body begins to changes. Weight loss and a desire to eat healthy.

6. Your senses have increased sensitivity. you may hear your name called more often voices and sounds that you never heard before you may also begin to see sparkles of light, shadows, different types of movements and auras around objects. This is your sixth sense opening up.

7. You begin to view the whole world and all that it supports in a new way, with a new understanding and a new reality that may look fake to you. Keep in the flow. Be compassionate and loving as best you can and don't be hard on yourself when you're having a bad day. Be gentle with yourself as your awareness expands.

8. Your intuition becomes heightened, you feel more compassion and loving to all things and you start to feel what truly "is".

9. You desire to break free from old habits and restrictive patterns and try new things that you never once tried before.

10. Synchronicity. Events begin to flow faster as you are being shown that you're on the right path including number sequences, meetings with others of like mind, pictures and visions start flowing in your direction. These coincidence have great meaning and they tie in with your thoughts and speak directly to you on a very profound level that only you may understand.

If any other examples and finds are known, please add to this list and examples.

I feel all the above after a glass of French wine!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
1 sign of spiritual awakening.

1. You realize that you are a member of the human species and learn to find our commonalities as opposed to our differences. No need for science, religion, spirituality, or philosophy.

edit on 26-6-2012 by TRGreer because: Typo

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I've enjoyed reading all of the very interesting topics on ATS for over a year now.
Such an interesting site with great topics and posts. I never really thought about signing
up on ATS to post on any topics until today reading on these topics the past few days.

A lot of people are expressing a very similar thought process that most of us can relate too.
The strange times we are all living in now days.
Especially the rest of this year 2012 as we all hold our collective breaths, to see what will happen next.

I am going to post a few short poems I wrote several years back, I think will speak volumes to
many people. Hopefully they will help put some clarity and vision in lives that was not there before.

Also, I would like to thank everyone who has posted so honestly about how life is feeling to them now days.
There is no doubt that the thoughts presented are shared by many, many people today, myself included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The New World Order

The time goes by,
as everyone wonders where
this high tech age will lead.
Starring into the electronic
memory box still seems kinda strange.

Spreading around the world,
at the lightning fast speed of greed.
As the electronic memory box
constantly records every deed.

Storing every bit of information.
Into some Gigantic Hal type
of super computer.
As though somehow we're all compelled,
to bring to life the movie.
2001 A Space Odyssey.

A One World Government
is where they say it all will lead.
Maybe the New World Order
super computer will short out before,
the devil can do his deed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flowers of Life

Flowers where not on my mind as I walked
out of my door today. But pink little
flowers caught my eye growing around the
base of a tree.
And they seemed to say, hey look at me.

Growing pink and pretty under the tree,
they made me think of all the beautiful
flowers I have seen through my life.
Such a gift of beauty little flowers are.

When all of the serious problems and
concerns of life weigh heavy on our minds.
It seems that just by some chance sort of
an accident. You'll get a glimpse of a
little flower smiling hey, look at me.

It's like the flowers are saying.
I know life is tough, that's why I'm here.
To bring the happiness, smiles and memories
back into your life again. Hey, look at me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone who wants to read a few more of my poems can be seen at the link below.

chris.cb9.googlepages.com...

May Gods Peace that pass's all understanding be with everyone through 2012 and beyond.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

No sorry i had posted and u2u'd you around the same time, and yes you are completely forgiven. im a bridge builder, not a bridge burner.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Some of us are waiting for answers, where is this place I am yearning for, what is the purpose, long have I been tormented by these questions.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
THE AWAKENING

In the early dawn of happiness
you gave me three kisses
so that I would wake up
to this moment of love

I tried to remember in my heart
what I’d dreamt about
during the night
before I became aware
of this moving
of life

I found my dreams
but the moon took me away
It lifted me up to the firmament
and suspended me there
I saw how my heart had fallen
on your path
singing a song

Between my love and my heart
things were happening which
slowly slowly
made me recall everything

You amuse me with your touch
although I can’t see your hands.
You have kissed me with tenderness
although I haven’t seen your lips
You are hidden from me.

But it is you who keeps me alive

Perhaps the time will come
when you will tire of kisses
I shall be happy
even for insults from you
I only ask that you
keep some attention on me.

-Rumi

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

Not that I'm not sensitive, but make sure these are not symptoms of a serious medical condition like a tumor in the brain, cardiac problems like stroke, or a neurological problem.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Yeah, somebody who believes in a 2,000 year old book really has the right to judge the spiritual values of others.

lol

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey everyone. I am 22 and have been ghosting ATS for like eight years. I barely ever post but in relation to this thread I have something to ask. I consider myself someone who has always been on a different spiritual alignment then the majority. I never tried to classify it or get to much into, but I guess what im saying is my whole life has felt like a constant spiritual awakening (and a acceleration lately). My whole life is an existential crisis. But, I never think or thought I am special or chosen, just different.

That was just a brief introduction. Yesterday, I slept the whole day after getting home from work at five pm. At some point, I cant remember when, I had this weird experience. All I remember is being spazzed with a lights. Constant flashing lights in my eyes to the point where I was scared (I could feel I was "dreaming" or not in my conscious state). Now for someone who plays video games there whole life, I have never even understood the seizure warning at the beginning of manuals, basically I have been around all types of trippy lights and never felt overwhelmed or even any type of idea of why they would harm somebody. I always wondered why people seizured from them, basically I felt invulnerable to seizure from lights. But the intensity of these lights scared me. I knew I was dreaming (or in a dream like state), and I was still scared I would seizure in real life (first time I have ever felt that, and it was in 'dream'?) due to these flashes in my dream like state. I have never experienced anything like this. There was no scenery or dream like presence, I was just getting attacked with bright silver and black lights. I cant put a time or finger on it. Its like I got wiped or something. It almost made me sick. This was really intense.

Does anyone have any idea or something about what may have caused this or what it may have been, possibly in regards to spiritual shift. I myself have no theory. Honestly, I dont have otherwordly experiences but I consider myself a different type then most around me, but thats not saying much.

Any input from anyone? All is welcome.
edit on 26-6-2012 by ItsSocietysFault because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsSocietysFault

Lights in the head shining behind the eyes happens during altered states of mystical consciousness. It's quite an amazing thing. I've had it on several occasions. It's where the expression 'I've seen the light' and other light sayings and metaphors come from.

www.souledout.org...

edit on 26-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Wow, nothing really gets to me, I am pretty intouch with myself and aware. But I have to say, this really confused me, almost nothing makes me post, but this made me post. When I dream, I know it. This did not feel like it was a "typical dream". I'd say "lights in the head, or shining behind the eyes" is the description I was looking for.

I think you might have put me on to something. Thank you very much BlueMule.
edit on 26-6-2012 by ItsSocietysFault because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That's why I'm here bud! Blessings to you!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

You dont seem to be very open minded?

Its impossible for a saved person to be open minded, when there is only one way to God
And time is so short and a mammoth task to bring one and all to repentance and to Christ Jesus

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join