It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 signs of spiritual awakening and understanding who we really are.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The kind that narrow-minded judgmental religious fundamentalists and narrow-minded judgmental scientism thralls have trouble understanding, apparently.

edit on 25-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

All things are happening to me.especially number 3.
im thinking the whole more than myself. ..this is year is completely different from the previous years.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Don't get offended but I have been experiencing ALL of these symptoms. Here's the thing. I have not meditated or opened any Chakras. I have , however , been focused on deepening my relationship with Jesus Christ and seeking a better understanding of all the ancient writings. I've been reading the Book of Enoch and other gnostic scriptures as well.

How strange I should have the exact same symptoms.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

same in here ..thanx god i am not alone !

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

It's only strange if one is unaware of what comparative religion, comparative mysticism, comparative mythology tell us. It's only strange if one is unaware that world religions and wisdom traditions share a common root, only strange if one arrogantly thinks that their local religion is somehow special and unique and superior to all others...like a foolish and ignorant fundamentalist.

"No one, as far as I know, has yet tried to compose into a single picture the new perspectives that have been opened in the fields of comparative symbolism, religion, mythology, and philosophy by the scholarship of recent years. The richly rewarded archaeological researches of the past few decades; astonishing clarifications, simplifications, and coordinations achieved by intensive studies in the spheres of philology, ethnology, philosophy, art history, folklore, and religion; fresh insights in psychological research; and the many priceless contributions to our science by the scholars, monks, and literary men of Asia, have combined to suggest a new image of the fundamental unity of the spiritual history of mankind.

Without straining beyond the treasuries of evidence already on hand in these widely scattered departments of our subject, therefore, but simply gathering from them the membra disjuncta of a unitary mythological science, I attempt in the following pages the first sketch of a natural history of the gods and heroes, such as in its final form should include in its purview all divine beings--not regarding any as sacrosanct or beyond its scientific domain. For, as in the visible world of the vegetable and animal kingdoms, so also in the visionary world of the gods: there has been a history, an evolution, a series of mutations, governed by laws; and to show forth such laws is the proper aim of science."

-Joseph Campbell

edit on 25-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Then that explains why it has been happening to me. I also get a little tingle on my nose. Like it's twitching. Just a little tickle right at the tip of my nose like a feather landed on it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Hey I seek answers to all things, period. I don't care whether or not my questions or the answers to my questions , or the answers that I accept or do not accept are approved of first by you or anyone else. I need no mans permission to believe anything. I am not one of those easily intimidated by others. I am usually very patient and long suffering and will allow so many insults before I completely devour the perpetrator.

But sometimes, I am just not in the mood.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by sirric

Don't get offended but I have been experiencing ALL of these symptoms. Here's the thing. I have not meditated or opened any Chakras. I have , however , been focused on deepening my relationship with Jesus Christ and seeking a better understanding of all the ancient writings. I've been reading the Book of Enoch and other gnostic scriptures as well.

As Bluemule was trying to say, which I think you took offense to, when there was none intended IMO.

All religions are based on the same end results, finding and having a personal relationship with God.

Call him Jesus, Allah, Yahway, Buddha, Shiva, Ganesh, Tao, The Source, The One or any other name, you are all speaking to our Creator spiritually, so hence, you will have these types of spiritual feeling, which may convince you that there is something out there greater than you.

All religions are the same except how man has corrupted the message.

Sirric
edit on 25/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
honestly I find it hard to believe this many people have had every single one of these symptoms. I think people want to believe they have them moreso than actually do..

Personally I think I could identify with points 2, 5 a little, 6, and 7.

On the whole it seems like a pretty idealistic OP with no more info really to offer... Other than to make people think something magical is happening...

I hope it is, but there are just soooo many of these threads and no results..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by sirric

I have always been able to feel others emotions as if they were my own, never really new why. The things that have been happening to me recently like the last few years is my compassion for all sorts of creatures i could have cared less about before. like i find it hard to even kill any kind of bug for no reason, even spiders and they creep me out. i find myself usually finding a bug in my house and rather than killing it i bring it outside. I can hardly fish with out feeling bad for the fish, i know it sounds stupid. i even apologize to the fish for hooking it and i thank it for its meat. If the fish dies because it swallowed the hook i almost get a tear in my eye, because had i not been there it probably would have been around a lot longer. i always feel the need to help injured animals any way i can, i usually come across birds and i see what i can do, if its more serious i take them to the vet.

When it comes to vibrations, i usually feel them all over my whole body. i here female voices asking me questions once in awhile, usually asking me if i see certain things.

Also i cant stand being around negativity, i get tried and just feel completly drained when around negative energy. I feel like this around certain people.

The little things in life don't really seem to matter to me anymore, i have completly lost my fear of dying, i actually look forward to it as i don't see it as an end anymore, i see it as a new beginning.

Lately i also see a new profound beauty in the world i have never seen before, of course i have to look through all the negativity to see it, but its there and i do see it.

ETA: my dreams have seemed more real to me too. like last night i dreamt that something happened, a huge explosion, there were military, fire trucks and police from every where heading to it. for some reason i joined the marines, i woke up right after i had gone through training, and i could feel all the places i got nicks and cuts, and i was tired and sore like back in the day when i got done doing 2 a days in football. very intense dream, probably don't mean much just thought i would throw it out there
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

Thanks for you story

As much as I would love to say you are experiencing an awaking, I fear, from your post, that you may be having bought of depression and do advise you to seek a trusting medical diagnosis.

There is a fine difference between them and your story is closer to depression..As a spiritual awaking happens, you feel alive and enjoy living, not wanting to die.... that's a big difference.

Take care

Sirric

You are wrong on him and made a poor and quick judgment
the kind of judgment of close minded people that cant open their real eyes yet

Your thread speak of spirituality and yet you have deny someone you dont even know
and turn his story into pure negativism

With that kind of reply you gave.. you seems less wake up then him and by far

Seriously you think he is suffering from depression and need some medical care ?
seeking medical care ..... was your best advice ?

because he have emotion that others dont have ?
he care for the small things more then you ?

How can someone be depressed when he is full of joy in life and in God
and dont fear death
He is completely the opposite of depression

I sandf your thread but not your reply to him

if you were kind you would say sorry
telling someone you dont know that he is depressed and he need to go see a doc
can be taken has insults

You clearly didnt care for him and just wanted to give a quick answer not from your heart
but from your ego
edit on 6/25/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Right on OP. . . or it's depression / midlife crisis.

In my late 20's had this change within the last couple of years. My life is all about being kind and having compassion, avoiding negativity and drama. I've always been the person watching in the background, watching what people do how they act around certain people, what they say etc. Not enough people take the time to step back to look or think about how they appear to others, or to even notice the small things about those close to them (doesn't help me being introverted lol).

I've tried for so long to get friends and family to understand why that matters to me so much more than anything superficial or material, but it's in one ear and out the other. And I even consider them to be normal people, unlike myself
. and that's what gets me down the most. Feeling lost because close friends and family now feel like strangers because they just don't get it.

Also, if you found a connection to the list and DO NOT know what an INTROVERT is. Do your homework now. If you're an introvert and don't actually know it. Life can be especially difficult.

..and hello ATS

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
#10's fun provided you don't go crazy trying to understand how it works. Also went through the kundalini (beyond tingles), 3rd eye activation, change in eating & other habits. *Feeling* much more strongly (associated with intuition and present-moment). Stayed awake for a week once only laying down to rest eyes but consciously saw dreams. Saw/heard things on TV/the internet/the world around me that seemed synchronized or in response to my thoughts... well beyond coincidence.

Hell yeah some crazy stuff's been happening with increased awareness from rapid influx of new information & understanding. It's mostly internal/personal so I don't talk about it much but it's nice to see others becoming aware of it. I've been on this ride for 4 years now and it's in a bit of a lull so I'm looking forward to the next rush. The last time I got the impression that the waters were being tested... like the experiences & realizations could've been even more intense.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ok,

Some more info about me to digest, comment on and to share if you feel the need to.

I was born in the late 60's in the SF Haight-Ashbury district to a hippie mother that was addicted to drugs so I was born a heroine baby and told that I would have health problems and live a harder life due to these drugs. Just so you know, I'm as healthy as anyone my age can be.
My mother tried to have many kids and after the seventh attempt I was born. (six miscarriages before me). I am an only child. I do not know my father and never met him. I grew up dirt poor and solo.

I was never exposed to any form of religion while growing up. The first time I was told to pray was at Boot Camp, how awkward!

After going through several forms of spiritual wandering to include atheist, agnostic, Deist and then born-again Christian I find that the teaching of the Buddha is closest to the real spiritual path.

My most intense spiritual realization was the time that I was born again through fire with my wife and my pastor.

I'm speaking to my fellow Christians who also understands this intense spiritual feeling. Do you remember that euphoric feeling after giving yourself up to Jesus as your Savior? I always think of that moment as the realization that God truly does exist and that anyone who doubts this is wrong. Again it a personal thing that can't be taught or proven through science.

I've research and studied for over half of my life and have come to this understanding of our God.

God does love us as we are a part of God.
This life on earth is a journey of life that God experiences through each and everyone of us.
Everything has it's purpose whether you understand it or not.
There is a dark side that thrive on evil.
We have free will because all options are readily available in the now, You choose your next step, freely!
God knows everything about you because every possible outcome has been seen by God.
All spiritual love is welcomed by God. Pryer is the most powerful mystic tool we posses.
Meditation clears the mind and centers the body and spirit.

Again this is my story and it has made me a better person than most who have come from my background.

Hope this helps you understand my beliefs.

Take care

Sirric

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There was a guy last year who got starred and flagged to death because he had sore feet and was completely convinced that his sore feet were a sign that he was ascending.

I wonder how he's doing?

I really hope I wasn't an idiot when I was in my 20's, but the percentages were probably against me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Maybe I did, but I just pointed out something that hit me while reading his post. If I'm wrong then so be it, but as you can see, I wasn't far off as he did say he was being treated for depression.

I wasn't trying to be rude or flippant towards him. I said it with care for him as if he wasn't being treated, he may have an imbalance in him that may be correctable and not with happy pills either.

My ego has left the building a long time ago so I have none. Thanks for asking.

Lichter daraus I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

For about a year now just about all these events have been happening. I really cannot believe how many examples on this list have been happening to me for the past year.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
There was a guy last year who got starred and flagged to death because he had sore feet and was completely convinced that his sore feet were a sign that he was ascending.

I wonder how he's doing?

I really hope I wasn't an idiot when I was in my 20's, but the percentages were probably against me.

Sometimes, I hope these people do ascend—as quickly and painlessly as possible of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
reply to post by Ben81

Maybe I did, but I just pointed out something that hit me while reading his post. If I'm wrong then so be it, but as you can see, I wasn't far off as he did say he was being treated for depression.

I wasn't trying to be rude or flippant towards him. I said it with care for him as if he wasn't being treated, he may have an imbalance in him that may be correctable and not with happy pills either.

My ego has left the building a long time ago so I have none. Thanks for asking.

Lichter daraus I'm sorry.

You may not have an ego, Sirric, but, imo, your apology shows that you have class!!

I've been very spiritual all my life, so there's no awakening for me, I guess. Is December 21st, or thereabouts, the end? Is it the beginning of a golden era? Is it just another day? Is a mass awakening preceding this golden era and/or this ascension? I don't know, but I do try to keep an open mind and value hearing all sides, all theories, pro and con. I guess we're all going to find out one way or another...and soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I cannot emphasize enough how much this applied to me...Excellent post OP, will S + F for awareness. We as humans must "wake up" to see ourselves and our follies.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

A mate of mine posted this on his FB the other day... I'm sure it went largely unnoticed; but those who know, know.

PLUR.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join