It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Protest Crazy Sheriff Joe Arpaio

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marrasca

We need more of him like we need a bullet in the head.

Why is this man still a sheriff? Are his constituents brain-dead or something?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sliznut

That's just it though, he's not enforcing the laws. Fairly recently there were a number of child rapes that didn't even get any kind of investigation before the cases were closed. This isn't even out of character for the MCSO though. Only 15% of crimes they investigate end with an arrest. Arpaio is more interested in trumping up charges for his political opponents than actually doing his job.

Also, I would much rather take jail time anywhere else than Maricopa County. You mention that the reason you would take Maricopa County over elsewhere because your cousin was mistreated in an Iowa jail, sued, and won. If that's your gauge then Maricopa County is far worse. As I mentioned earlier in this thread there have been 50 times more lawsuits related to jail conditions brought against the MCSO and Arpaio than the New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston jail systems combined. They have had to pay out over $50 million. Let's just say there is a reason that MCSO's jails were deemed unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I was just throwing out a personal example. I already said I know this place definitely has its issues. I just personally have had no problems whatsoever with the police here.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4DuecesWild
I agree with Arpaio on the immigration issues, but that's about it. He seems to be too dirty to trust. What gets me is if so many people are against him, how is he still in office? Isn't that an elected position?

Yeah but there are a lot more that support him. I don't personally like him. He seems very egotistical and is a media whore. All I have said is that he does his job though. I do think they dropped the ball BIG TIME on those rapes that were previously mentioned though. That is a major issue.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
reply to post by Nostalgic

Oh boooohooooooooo. When I worked on deep water horizon spill Iin pointe aux chen Louisiana the temerature on the water in the swamps often exceeded 130 and thats humid heat. I worked 12 hrs a day seven days a week for three months in that heat.

You adapt after about three days. And the people down there never complain never whine or bitch about the heat. Id have swamp crack between my hotel and the truck at 5 am.

Jail or prison isnt supposed to be a cake walk or comfortable. And I'm telling you right now as I once slept off a drunken stooper in the tank id prefer a tent... July in jail is pretty damn hot. You think they run the ac all day at a regular jail?

Wow, alright. I guess I'm somewhat, kind of, fairly impressed. Sounds like a pretty rough job you had. However, the difference is you CHOSE to do that. You were in a physical condition that was able to handle it. Sometimes prisoners are not, and while I agree jail shouldn't be anything near a cakewalk, it shouldn't be a death sentence either. Many people die of heat stroke and dehydration every year in those tents. How many of your work buddies died on the job? Are you beginning to see the difference now?

Besides, you aren't exactly telling the whole truth. The hottest it's ever been (since they began recording) in the entire state of LA was 114ยบ, in Plain Dealing, back in 1936. But that's beside the point. The point is, those conditions are known to be so harsh that they've gained a reputation for killing off prisoners who are only sentenced to a few days over petty crimes. If your Aunt/Grandmother accidentally failed to pay a traffic ticket and ended up dying in the Durango Tents on a 2 night stay, I'm almost positive your opinion would differ. This happens quite frequently, and it's simply because the severe conditions are overlooked by Joe's posse.

It's criminal. And unfortunately, I'll bet you none of them will ever have to stay in the tents they so proudly defend.

Cheers
edit on 29-6-2012 by Nostalgic because: sp

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join