It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Protest Crazy Sheriff Joe Arpaio

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Where are all the ?Arizonians? on this?

Last I checked (and please correct me if I am wrong) sheriffs were elected officials. So apparently enough legal voters think he is doing a good enough job to keep him in office...

Its just ridiculously funny to me that all these people come to Arizona to protest the person the people of that county choose to handle their county law enforcement.

They chose him. They didn't ask for your opinion. So why all the fuss?

If it matters so much to you move out there deal with the illegals and criminals by handing out maps to your home and perhaps you could house a few criminals as well.

Put up or shut up if you think you can do a better job... Just my .02
edit on 25-6-2012 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
Crazy Joe Arpaio will get Obama a win in Arizona.

All this does is piss of all of us Americans.

Joe Arpaio's MARTIAL LAW and his UNAMERICAN AGENDA

will only help ruin our constitution.

Whoa there. I don't agree with Joe on a lot of stuff but I live here and I have yet to see anything resembling martial law. If anything I have had BETTER experiences with the cops in the Phoenix area than I ever had in the Midwest. I have been pulled over a few times and they were always reasonable. In Iowa I would have my car searched for not stopping long enough at a stop sign at 3pm. That actually happened more than once. Know what you're talking about before you start throwing around terms you apparently don't understand.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternetGremlin
I bet you ask any one of them which they'd prefer, a cell or tent, and every one would say a tent.

You do realize that our summers get to around the 120 degree mark every year, right? If you have never spent an entire 12 hours in 120 degree heat, I suggest you do so before making such blind assumptions.

- Nos

ETA: And if you're thinking it probably cools down at night, it doesn't. Most of the time it stays around 100º throughout the entire night, until the morning Sun begins the climb back up to 120. Try living in those conditions.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Nostalgic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
Where are all the ?Arizonians? on this?

Last I checked (and please correct me if I am wrong) sheriffs were elected officials. So apparently enough legal voters think he is doing a good enough job to keep him in office...

Its just ridiculously funny to me that all these people come to Arizona to protest the person the people of that county choose to handle their county law enforcement.

They chose him. They didn't ask for your opinion. So why all the fuss?

If it matters so much to you move out there deal with the illegals and criminals by handing out maps to your home and perhaps you could house a few criminals as well.

Put up or shut up if you think you can do a better job... Just my .02
edit on 25-6-2012 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

Exactly. And like I said, I don't agree with him on a lot of things. I think he has a lousy attitude and is an egotistical old fart. BUT he does his job. Nobody can ever say he doesn't enforce the laws. If you don't like the laws you need to focus on changing them, NOT complaining about the police enforcing what is on the books.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You don't think there could be any sadists in power? No way not a chance in hell. ha ha get real. Who isn't a sadist or sicko, show me please?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sliznut

You got that right. I'm dead center of the Midwest and cops from the Midwest are awful and many are bigots or out and out criminals themselves. I don't know how many cops in my home town have ended up in the clink themselves for unscrupulous behavior.

An illegal here would be so lucky to have a tent to sleep in instead of an 8 man cell hosting 20 people....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostalgic

Oh boooohooooooooo. When I worked on deep water horizon spill Iin pointe aux chen Louisiana the temerature on the water in the swamps often exceeded 130 and thats humid heat. I worked 12 hrs a day seven days a week for three months in that heat.

You adapt after about three days. And the people down there never complain never whine or bitch about the heat. Id have swamp crack between my hotel and the truck at 5 am.

Jail or prison isnt supposed to be a cake walk or comfortable. And I'm telling you right now as I once slept off a drunken stooper in the tank id prefer a tent... July in jail is pretty damn hot. You think they run the ac all day at a regular jail?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Exactly. I've had friends that were tied to chairs and beaten in the Midwest. My cousin actually sued a police department over a time she was jailed and ended up hospitalized after being bailed out. She won and they got in deep trouble. Not saying there aren't injustices here. There have been a number of jail issues here. But I'm saying comparing that to a small town in the midwest I would still stay here. And my personal experience has been night and day between the two places and their police forces. Now I know there are corrupt cops everywhere. I'm just saying my overall experience.
edit on 25-6-2012 by sliznut because: adding info

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot

I prefer Obama because he protects our rights.

Did you just say Obama protects our rights?

You might want to try keeping up with current events... have you ever heard of NDAA which was signed into law by your hero?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sliznut

This didnt happen to be in mid MO did it? Our old sheriff here was the biggest meth dealer in the area. And the people knew he was scum and we ousted him.

I reckon if ol Joe was that bad he would be outed as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
reply to post by sliznut

This didnt happen to be in mid MO did it? Our old sheriff here was the biggest meth dealer in the area. And the people knew he was scum and we ousted him.

I reckon if ol Joe was that bad he would be outed as well.

Nope. Iowa. But they must have been buddies because it was a similar situation. hahaha

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Gotta admit, some of the posts here are quite confusing to me.

A lot of the people supporting Joe here seem to hate Obama, seemingly because he is corrupt, taking our rights away etc. I would agree with this.

Where I disagree is the idea that there is nothing wrong with the horrid prison conditions Arpaio is responsible for, and claiming all inmates deserve to be treated harshly. This seems like a contradiction to me.

I would guess that a lot of these anti Obama people would think (like me) that we live in sort of a prison state where people are sent to jail for all sorts of things they shouldn't be, largely in part to the war on drugs and other such policies. How then can you celebrate the intentional mistreatment of these people?

People are saying they support "papers please" yet then complain Obama is a fascists taking our rights away. Or saying if your not breaking the law, you have nothing to fear from Joe, yet then criticizing Obama for privacy violations through the Patriot Act, etc.

Look I disapprove of Obama as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna idolize a tough guy who thinks anyone who had ever been sent to jail is subhuman and deserves to be in the worst of conditions.

I sincerely hope all of you people that are doing this don't ever have the misfortune getting unjustly placed in one of Sheriff Joes jails.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

From all I've experienced the Phoenix PD and Joe's sheriffs dept don't bother you unless your actually doing something wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
Gotta admit, some of the posts here are quite confusing to me.

A lot of the people supporting Joe here seem to hate Obama, seemingly because he is corrupt, taking our rights away etc. I would agree with this.

Where I disagree is the idea that there is nothing wrong with the horrid prison conditions Arpaio is responsible for, and claiming all inmates deserve to be treated harshly. This seems like a contradiction to me.

I would guess that a lot of these anti Obama people would think (like me) that we live in sort of a prison state where people are sent to jail for all sorts of things they shouldn't be, largely in part to the war on drugs and other such policies. How then can you celebrate the intentional mistreatment of these people?

People are saying they support "papers please" yet then complain Obama is a fascists taking our rights away. Or saying if your not breaking the law, you have nothing to fear from Joe, yet then criticizing Obama for privacy violations through the Patriot Act, etc.

Look I disapprove of Obama as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna idolize a tough guy who thinks anyone who had ever been sent to jail is subhuman and deserves to be in the worst of conditions.

I sincerely hope all of you people that are doing this don't ever have the misfortune getting unjustly placed in one of Sheriff Joes jails.

That's just it though. You hear this stuff from reactionary people nonstop. Of course anyone in there is going to say it's terrible etc. How many people have you ever heard talk about how great it was in jail? I think Joe is over the top most of the time. But like I said, the guy enforces what is on the books. I'm not a fan of his, but he does what he says. Obama is just a complete mess. I look down on anyone trying to hold me down. I do agree though that some people are just swinging on the hard right.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Only the Maricopians get to vote for against ol' Joe. I live in Pinal, and have no say in his re-election.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
If you aren't breaking the law your have no reason to fear Joe.

Like being critical of him? I mean that is legal. So no reason to fear him...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Only the Maricopians get to vote for against ol' Joe. I live in Pinal, and have no say in his re-election.

Right. He's not the sheriff of Pinal so what's the point?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
If you aren't breaking the law your have no reason to fear Joe.

Like being critical of him? I mean that is legal. So no reason to fear him...

No. DO be critical. That is the only way to communicate an issue.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Anybody on here defending Arpaio is, im sorry, an idiot. I am not pro obama but a little research even for the old folks, about how the private prison system works and how state level law enforcement have an integral role regarding profit for these companies might be able to put two and two together on Mr.Arpaio's political opinions. Money Money Money, take prevalent issue's in your state and magnify them ten fold, influence laws pertaining to incarceration and enforcement and blammo fat sick sammo, you have Arpaio's career.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I agree with Arpaio on the immigration issues, but that's about it. He seems to be too dirty to trust. What gets me is if so many people are against him, how is he still in office? Isn't that an elected position?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join