It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

As a moderator I do not want to make you upset... I know I am a guest here... however I disagree slightly with your statement...

The Vets are the ones who earned your right to speak freely... it is given to american citizens as an inheritance from our forefathers and the vets are the ones who pay the bill with the tree of liberty...

On a side note, make sure your brother gives you a copy of his full medical record as do your sisters for you to secure...(also service records)

I noticed a trend recently of the military losing those records... If you hate me forever that is fine but make damn sure you get FULL copies of those records... delaying all attempts for treatment is an old trick being used by the VA... No matter what they tell you get those records and bank vault them....

The massive influx of vets was the excuse,,, I have watched the vets being told this as to why their records where lost..."Will you please resubmit them"... they are quietly cutting cost IMHO by delaying...

I apologize for the side track but it is important...It is among those tricks being used by the VA....

As I said I disagree respectfully...

If I make you mad that is fine, hate me if you will, but those records are coming up MIA a whole lot I have noticed recently...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I was a scout, I still know scouts, my opinion is based on my own training,my buddies I know who are still in service, cross correlating conspiracy info for about 30 years( I now thought about how old I've gotten,crap) and what has already been confirmed by time with what else the sources all reported .Janes inelligence on the web as well as defense industry news and information,my gut feeling based on prior activities of former elites who don't BS. and of course the ever present symmetry of constant connections too often to be coincidence.
And I am aware Kwaj isn't just a testing place for missiles and commo. A SEAL could tell you about that.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I copied all of my records before I signed out of the unit.Had I not done so I heard there were many that burned in a fire.They still refuse to acknowledge there is any such thing as a "Gulf War Syndrome" and they refused to put the mysterious shot they gave us on our shot records and the Pyridostigmine Bromide tablets aren't in there either.
They don't want to pay for anything and unless you have it in black and white it never happened in some cases you can't even confirm you were ever in a war zone.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

In 1969 they were testing the anti-ICBM systems. They would launch from Edwards and intercept over the Pacific.

We have quite a few pictures and films of launches, before the Army banned filming in 1969.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
And If I have to watch one more video of a load of soldiers killing someone else and then cheering and high fiving each other, I'm going to be sick......

These actions should be carried out with a sombre disposition... unfortunately these "grunts" are incapable of independant thought, which is drilled out of them in training... dangerous in my opinion...

PA

Your few posts are rather far removed from reality...just saying. I guess that is what happens when your experience is based on You Tube and TV.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
Some of you military bashers need to put your heads on straight.

Fact: Politicians and Lawmakers and by extension the people that elected them are responsible for the wars.

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them and are not capable starting a war;

I completely agree with this.

I think people also have the same feeling towards Police Officers and basically anyone who is a figure of authority or of the establishment that many may be against.

Soldiers are people like the rest of us, they are sons and daughters, husbands and wives, even mums and dads. These people just want to earn a living, the army attracts them not from the thought of going to war, but because in the army you can learn a trade, you get looked after, you can build up your salary and have a nice little bit of money when you leave and be trained in one thing or another, other than killing. Believe or not, the ones I know who have been in the army, didn't want to kill at all and simply thought about what skills and trade they could pick up while possibly seeing the world. Of course there is the knowledge that you may have to go to war, you may get injured, you may even die, but there is a certain amount of pride and honour that every soldier has when they think of fighting for their country, even if many don't often agree with where they are fighting and who they are fighting against.

Soldiers aren't the ones to blame for wars, which is a major factor of why so many allied high ranking officers were against German Officers being trialed at Nuremberg after the war, that and they probably didn't want their own actions being brought in to question. I'm not saying all soldiers are great people, like all of any occupation, not every one is a great person, but they are people like the rest of us.
I think that there is not worship that goes on, but certainly admiration and it is a shame when you hear of a young lad or lady being killed in action, especially when I personally don't agree with the conflict. I certainly don't hold that against the soldiers, they are there doing their job, they didn't send themselves there and if all turned around and said no to the army, that would be a massive addition to the unemployment line!

edit on 26-6-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Being in the military is a job. It is by choice and if you choose to get shot at good for you because you also signed up to shoot people. There is more than one way to protect your country but you chose to shoot people. which is fine i have no problem with it. I did not join the military because I know they are just pawns.

Who is not a pawn? And who in the military is bitching about being shot at, and how many military people do you think actually have shot at anyone in their career? You think everyone in the military is shooting at people...lol

A very small percentage are actually in combat...

edit on 26-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by projectvxn

I have tried to express myself in such terms, but often the words have failed me.

It's hard to explain your three decades of service to someone who never has served, ya know? They just don't understand.

Thank you for your words, I think that you may have made my life easier.
edit on 24-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

30 years of service requires no explanation. I'm about to graduate AIT with my aviation wings and I dont feel the need to explain myself to anyone.. You shouldn't either.

Good for you! I remember when you started asking advice a while back. Congrats!

I rarely try to explain my career to others. It was my personal choice.

But I try to explain to those who look at others vocations and paint with such a broad brush and point out the intolerance in them. (Especially when these people are supposedly tolerant)

I try to point out to them to look at the individual. Not the institution.

Like saying OWS is full of hippy, commie, and anarchists. I know better. They have their bad apples as well, but they are all not bad people. Just misguided.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free today to be posting on the internet. And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free to worship (or not) as you wish. And if nobody joined the military, then you'd be either dead or enslaved by someone else's military and they wouldn't be treating you well at all. The FACT is that there are entities in the world - both government and ideologically orientated - that want the free Western world not to be free. They want to impose their rule of law or religion over you. that's just the truth. Troop-bashers ignorantly forget the FACT that this is real. Having a strong military is a deterant to those who wish to impose themselves on us and to destroy our society and our freedoms. That's the truth. Deal with it.

Joined late...just had to comment. You are just not thinking this through flyers.

If nobody joined the military...there wouldn't be "someone else's military". Nobody means nobody. Not just Americans. There than wouldn't be anyone to enslave anybody else. Politicians don't know how to build bombs, or kill a man in 20 ways, fly fighter jets, operate complex military equipment. You just don't realize how much power the people have if they would only band together. If we all said no...there would be nobody to fight against or for.

But I guess that's too utopian to ask from this aggressive species. The truth is that many guys that join the military are either forced in to it to save their lives, or are already aggressive individuals who thrive in such situations due to their personality. And some of them are mislead by promise of glory by defending the fatherland.

They want these guys...these are the best killers.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by MarkScheppy

I bring visual proof and corroborating links etc of what I speak....

Afghanistan isn't as dire as many here would have you believe (I acknowledge it isn't all peaches in cream either] Having said that, Personally I'd prefer we weren't there. I have two Nephews stationed in the Stan. My son served in Iraq, I was against that invasion from the start but supported the troops. People don't like that?

Too Damned bad!

What do you bring to the discussion?

reply to post by MarkScheppy

Plans are for a new world order government government by price explosions caused by a money obessed culture (whose horns are more disgusting than those.) No spiritual virtues, but thanks for the pictures of progress.

That is one of the reasons many go and join is the technology of the military Oh wow, cool this can blow things up, they worship the mark of the beast world war III high-tech things. And we are supposed to worship the soldiers, and. well worship of human institutions is opposite of worship of God.

Usually women are more advanced than men to catching on to the progress, but actually in this case they may be less advanced, This is like Smedley Butler's war is a racket, it is and the profiteers are just happy and gleeful. Oh do you need some more dope, I can get you some more dope, supposedly establish contact through some kind of hypnotic trance.

(The soldier that went off on about twenty afghan women and children over there this makes you wonder if in a Brave New World style we should worship the troops or they may do the same to us!) What we are doing is obviously an attempt to ween the local tribes in Afghanistan off of the home grown Allah religion and to the religion of consumerism, aka democracy. Ironic you you of all people.
edit on 26-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: as

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

O or write and blow the things up and that is supposed to solve the hatred like borg creatures. The hatred grows instead more and more and we at home Americans are just as bloody bad, have to watch movies of John Cusak or someone to show us how to be human. Help to show me what its like to be a real human. yawn. Why can we not become more like Thomas Jefferson or Mozart.

Oh, well the age group we recruit is 18-25 years old, oh well they’re zombies and eight years of indoctrination in the globalist wars and you see why we have guys like going beserk over there. It is supposedly a new world order, a very grandiose plan that most people could care less about right now. Seeing as how everyone is so dumb it might actually work.

And the tattoos of holocaust and world war will become a reality, it the Romish system started in Babylon it is only fitting that it should meet its doom there. When the big push comes to give all people a high standard of living, this is a false flag front (btw, Babylon will be at the crossroads of worldtrade.) Right now I am predicting failure for our efforts overseas and it does not take an genius to see and how we are making too making mistakes.. Hmm. A eur--Omigod! The oligarchy?
edit on 26-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: a

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Yes we are.But we still believe enough to kill the right people too should the time call for it.We wait.......and watch.

edit on 26-6-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

What a load of hooey.

"Polite, civilized liberals".

Get out of here. This was WWII in Germany and there's no way these people were liberals. There's no way that liberals were even involved. Fascists were though.

Have our standards degenerated to the point where people attempt to revise history using the # they absorbed from the telly?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy
Oh wow, cool this can blow things up

Blowing things up is extremely cool. You should try it sometime. There's nothing that'll take your mind off your troubles like a few pounds of high-brisance explosives. Except, maybe a Mark 19. In enfilade on a wadi. ( !بق عينو )

And we are supposed to worship the soldiers

As well you should. Bow to me, peon. If you grovel properly, perhaps Thor will be moved to allow you to serve me at the long table in Valhalla.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I am a cashed strapped college person, so sometimes I take a person's bike if I am late to class and that to me is a thrilling fun adrenaline rush, maybe similar to yours on high-brisance explosives.

War trauma and coming back and learning buddhist therapy techniques because they will self-destruct from the concrete hell that they have been through. Rocks, sticks and rope would be more a improvement, can you win those wars in the Stan with rocks sticks and rope?

Let Halliburton make contractors work for their money building trenches. I see a dead corpose lying on top of this brick, stone wall just dead.think that the soldiers are anything but that knights of chivalry. Is now the sense that people know we are coming close, more sorrows for the matrix so so many.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I love the clip at about 7:00 of Star Wars. Memories. And Metal of honor. Really the blame for loss of freedom falls on us (squarely.)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think I can summarise this thread, and my reason for having started it, by saying that the one thing I really want to see disappear, is both the military and civilians either holding or expressing the belief, that the current conflicts (including, especially, the War on Terror) have anything whatsoever to do with either social justice or defending freedom, or are really morally defensible in any way whatsoever; because they aren't, and the majority of us know that they aren't, even if there are individual soldiers who insist on thinking they are.

The education, the pay, preventing your family from starving...hell, even if you're a psychopath who just enjoys killing people. These are all good, honest reasons, and the reason why I can accept them, is because they're honest. I've had responses in this forum before from soldiers who said they simply enjoyed slaughtering people; and I will respect that position infinitely more than I will, the claim of every last brainwashed grunt who insists on deluding himself that he is somehow defending someone's freedom.

I respect the sociopaths more, because the sociopaths are honest, conscious, and have their eyes open about who they are. A person who says they simply enjoy killing, is a person who is telling the truth. A person who says that he is defending freedom, is a liar and a coward who needs to use said belief, even if on some level he knows that it is false, in order to be able to live with doing something which, deep down, he actually wishes he wasn't doing.

That is what I really resent and am angry about. The lies. If the American government was transparent about being an empire which went to other people's countries, slaughtered them, and then took what said government and corporations wanted, simply because they could, I would have infinitely more respect for that, than I do when an obvious psychopath such as Hillary Clinton has the gall to stand up and condemn other countries for human rights abuses.

In comparison, I will admit that another American politician who I actually have quite a lot of respect for, comparitively speaking, is Dick Cheney. The reason why, is because comparitively speaking at least, while Dick was a deeply and thoroughly evil human being, he was open about it. You couldn't really look at Dick and not know what you were getting. He was a psychopath, and there was absolutely no hiding it.

Think about what I am saying. The main reason why I want you to stop telling me that you are defending my freedom is because you are not, and I know you are not, and the only reason why you tell yourself that you are, is so that you can sleep at night. I don't slaughter people for a living, so insomnia isn't one of my problems.
edit on 26-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

To be honest your video is hard to decipher. It shows Stephen Harper talking about the G-20. Then an interview of a man endorsing marijuana and hemp production, somehow as if that is what is holding back our society that marijuana is not being legalized. The video shows clips of the star wars empire and then Obama walking around and talking about marijuana. And clips of people shooting and warfare and video games that showcase warfare and fighting and blowing up buildings.

Whatever that Iran-Contra thing was I just don't know, but we have bad kick butt military people who can do something more than most knaves sitting here on the internet posting comments. Does a horrible job of putting two and two together or connecting any dots with any type of philosophy of social message of change. That is why we have bad leaders who are leeches because of these types of videos and people really are confused who make them it is the equivalent of watching the matrix.

Space based weapons. Space Based weapons are a big major good thing for a country that wants to be advanced and up with it. That takes some keplar knowledge and not something most know.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

In comparison, I will admit that another American politician who I actually have quite a lot of respect for, comparitively speaking, is Dick Cheney. The reason why, is because comparitively speaking at least, while Dick was a deeply and thoroughly evil human being, he was open about it. You couldn't really look at Dick and not know what you were getting. He was a psychopath, and there was absolutely no hiding it.

Seems to be interested in only money, so I respect them. Rothchild is only interested in world control and culling populations, he said that so I respect him for that. Seems to be interested in only money, so I respect them. Canada and Mexico are one thuggish cartel, ok Harper did not say that but he must have meant it. Weird and absolutely strange comments that you must believe in and stand by,

Your twenty posts on this thread have twenty different ideas and I haven' read them all (you may or may not be actuallying talking.) Why did Jesus die on the cross on this goofed up human race?

that Dick Cheney is a swell man. You want a challenge to a full political discussion, you neo-fascist. I have no compassion on the soul of someone who respects someone because they are a psychopath.
edit on 26-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: aaa

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy
Why did Jesus die on the cross on this goofed up human race?

Jesus thought humanity was worth saving...at least I think. You'd probably have to ask him.
edit on 26-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join