It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want 110% proof of ghosts.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So far every video, picture or books I've read are all fake. I myself have never seen a ghost which is making me think that maybe they aren't real. How do I know that some of you aren't mentally ill? I really wish a ghost or alien would pop in front of me right now and stop with these childish games if they do in fact exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You won't get it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
No convincing someone who has never seen one, heard on, or felt one.
How can you verify all stories are fake? do you know them all personally?

No sense trying to convince someone who has already made up their mind on the topic. They exist whether you want to believe it or not, out of the multiple thousands if not millions of encounters around the world, chances are that a minority of them are fake.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

[SNIP], go stand in front of the mirror in a darkened room while watching some scary movie clips on youtube, like the ones where the dead girl faces pop out of no where real loud.... then after a while turn all the lights out and sit on your chair/bed and keep your eyes open. only joking dont do this it is [SNIP] scary.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed T&C violations.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it's one of those occasions where you need to experience it for yourself to believe it. There's a lot of fake stuff out there, which of course is even more the reason to be sceptical, but this does not mean that ghosts/spirits don't exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
But what is the science behind them? I don't want illogical answers.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I want 110% proof of ghosts

I'd invite you to stay at my home for a week. You'd get it. Your experiences would be %110.
But since that would be insane of me to invite someone from the internet ...
I suggest that you get yourself some equipment and go look for yourself.
Get a audio recorder, infra red camera, EMP detector, and learn how to use them.
Go to places that people say are haunted .. and find out for yourself.
Start with Gettysburg .. that'd be my first stop.
Or pick one of your own near you -
shadowlands haunted places index
YOU want the proof? YOU can go find it. Have fun.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

No sense trying to convince someone who has already made up their mind on the topic. They exist whether you want to believe it or not, out of the multiple thousands if not millions of encounters around the world, chances are that a minority of them are fake.

The fact is there is not a single quality photo out there that cannot be explained.
Most are misidentified artifacts/objects and the remaining few are faked.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by AzureSky

The fact is there is not a single quality photo out there that cannot be explained.
Most are misidentified artifacts/objects and the remaining few are faked.

How can you prove this 100%?
The photo could be absolutely real and fall into the realm of fake. How can you tell?
If your saying that ghosts don't exist because our sub-par video cameras cannot catch them, your doing it wrong. Lol.

We only see 2% of the visible spectrum of light, chances are that our video equipment only see's that much as well.

"Pics or didn't happen" doesn't work in this realm. It could be an absolutely 100% genuine picture. And labeled as fake by people who would rather be non-believers than accept the possibility.
edit on 21/6/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here you go, My personal ghost that visited my during my sleep. Yes, this is me and my wife and No it isn't fake.

If you need more proof, start video taping your sleep..... I have more but I stopped after a while cause it staring making me paranoid trying to go to sleep.....

sirric

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe not 110% percent proof. But i was the one recording. Also, you might want to mute the video because i do swear because whatever went across the camera scared me.

Note: No bugs during that time of year. Appears 12 - 14 seconds in.

I have put this vid on ATS before,
People thought it was breath, it was not, the camera was 12 inches from my face and my cohorts were 6 - 10 feet to my right.

Too cold for bugs.

We also took the video, cut it up into frames (the original video), and applied various filters to it and adjusted gradients and several other settings to adjust the color and light of the frames. We got some interesting things depending on what filter we used, some were bunk and just offered blur. One particular filter made the object seem like a few skulls and faces slammed together like some sort of chimera, probably just the filter itself. But interesting nontheless

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I want 110% proof of ghosts

I'd invite you to stay at my home for a week. You'd get it. Your experiences would be %110.
But since that would be insane of me to invite someone from the internet ...
I suggest that you get yourself some equipment and go look for yourself.
Get a audio recorder, infra red camera, EMP detector, and learn how to use them.
Go to places that people say are haunted .. and find out for yourself.
Start with Gettysburg .. that'd be my first stop.
Or pick one of your own near you -
shadowlands haunted places index
YOU want the proof? YOU can go find it. Have fun.

/\THIS/\ is correct on so many levels

to the OP

Spirits are all around you OP you just don't realize it. And true, until you have experienced this phenom you will never truly understand that once your dead.......your not really dead.

Be careful what you wish for OP, you just might get it. And along the way into your journey I caution you partly in jest and partly in all seriousness....do not pick up hitchhiking demons....they aren't pleasent...and they wont give you money for gas....and they can be very, very difficult to get rid of.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
I really wish a ghost or alien would pop in front of me right now and stop with these childish games if they do in fact exist.

Ask the universe this some time. Speak aloud and state clearly that you invite all spirits, dark or good, into your home.

Then wait and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
OP, approximately where are you located? I will find a place near you. Go there, visit, spend the night. See what happens. Then report back to us. Could be nothing, or it could change your LIFE!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Don't EVER do that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathofall
Don't EVER do that.

You're right.

It was a bit irresponsible of me to say that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathofall
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Don't EVER do that.

^^^^^^YES! THAT!^^^^^

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Seeing, hearing and feeling are all senses. It is generally true that we can trust our senses but there are many areas where they fail. I've had so-called paranormal experiences, most of them took place when I was a child. As I grew up my understanding of the world became greater and I realized that my senses could be fooled. After that I never had any paranormal experiences, even though I was interested into the paranormal to the point of going on investigations, getting together with friends at 2 in the morning to visit cemeteries, etc.

As I came up empty handed almost every time I began to realize that each experience I'd had was not definitively paranormal. What I'd seen, heard and felt was not evidence of ghosts or the supernatural, it was inexplicable to me at the time. Many of the events had alternative explanations and I realized that even when I lacked a logical explanation jumping to a supernatural one only lessened my understanding of what really happened by answering WITHOUT actually explaining.

The attitude that we need to 'confirm they are fake' will get us nowhere fast, and is backwards to how science and truth-seeking in general should be done. The burden of proof is on those who claim encounters happened and on those who claim ghosts are real. The skeptic, the disbeliever, holds no burden of proof and thus no responsibility to 'verify' that a story is fake. Any story about the supernatural should be held false until it can be verified with positive evidence. Extraordinary claims, such as claims about ghosts, require extraordinary evidence and ANYONE is entirely JUSTIFIED in disbelieving simply in lieu of the lack of solid evidence in FAVOR of ghosts.

They exist whether you want to believe it or not, out of the multiple thousands if not millions of encounters around the world, chances are that a minority of them are fake.

This is another attitude that gets us nowhere. Asserting without evidence that ghosts exist, or is your evidence for their existence merely the prevalence of sightings and experiences? But then can't we use the same thing to prove Bigfoot, the Virgin Mary, elves, fairies, vampires and all sorts of other folklore? There is no reason to take claims of ghosts appearing before people more seriously than we take claims of people taken aboard UFOs and shown their alien baby, or people who see visions of this-or-that religious figure. Eye-witness testimony may be acceptable in court-scenarios but in science it is the weakest form of observational evidence imaginable and as I already stated evidence for something like ghosts would have to be extraordinary to meet the burden of proof. Saying, "millions of encounters", have taken place is hardly extraordinary evidence.

So I'm someone who's both heard and felt what I believed at the time to be ghosts telling you that what you see, what you feel and what you hear are not always the best ways to determine what is actually real. Your senses can be fooled and you should wait to see concrete evidence before accepting incredible claims, especially if you want something to be real/true.

reply to post by Alyssa

I have yet to see any evidence for ghosts, likely because there is no good evidence for them. From my own personal experiences, and those encounters I've heard and read about, I'd say that most genuine reports of ghostly encounters are hallucinations or explainable events that simply defy the explanation of the one experiencing them at the time. As an example when I was a kid I can recall playing with my toys and hearing a horrifying growling and grating coming from my room. I bolted out of there and had trouble sleeping in there for a while. I heard the noise again soon after that. Months later I discovered that one of my toys had a dying battery and rather than play the sound of Godzilla's roar it now played a distorted and very scary sound like what I imagined a demonic growl would sound like.

Many encounters have alternate explanations that are not immediately apparent to the person involved and also, I've found, that with time alleged paranormal experiences become hazy in the memory either from re-telling them to others and using embellishment or just the fallibility of human memory especially in regards to details.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can't give you that, but what I can give you is 100% proof that ghosts DON'T exist in the form of lack of evidence. Not one single proven case of a ghost which has been verified and recorded as a definite ghost sighting. That is 100% proof of non existence at the present moment.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
But what is the science behind them? I don't want illogical answers.

Science only deals with the physical universe; things they can see and feel and measure.

Ghosts and spirits and even the human soul all exist on the spiritual plane, outside of the physical universe but also right along side it and sometimes even able to affect it. Science can't explain the human conscoiusness or even emotions and where ideas come from. It probably never will.

Science can't explain what it can't measure and quantify. Maybe someday they'll find some type of scientific instrument that can reliably measure or record spiritual energy but, until that day comes, you will never get the scientific proof you need.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join