It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelations...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sounds about right...

Place the blame on someone else instead of accepting your own responsibility

"satan made me do it"

Makes me laugh!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Sounds about right...

Place the blame on someone else instead of accepting your own responsibility

"satan made me do it"

Makes me laugh!!

Who said anything about "placing blame" other than you? When I came to Christ for forgiveness I freely admitted my guilt and sins. I did my part in my salvation and God did His. I did all the sinning and He did all the forgiving in Christ. I'm not aware of any Christian that places blame on Jesus for their sins.

edit on 22-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I repeat....

Some questions for you that require direct answers....

1. Is the word 'volcano' written in the Bible?

2. Is there anything in the Bible that proves the Hebrews knew what volcanoes were?

3. Is there anything in the Bible that proves god knew what volcanoes were?

4. Is the Holy Land (Israel, Saudi, Egypt, Red Sea, Syria, Ethiopia, etc) volcanic?

(YOU SAID....I'm concerned if a person refuses to give a direct Y or N answer when asked specifically for one.)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Which brings me back to my original question... Where does "satan" fall into that picture?

When one is "tempted" do you blame him?

I said nothing about blaming jesus.

My point is christians blame a mythical entity for their lack of will power... When he has nothing to do with it...

Thats also where the scapegoat comment came from...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Which brings me back to my original question... Where does "satan" fall into that picture?

My point is christians blame a mythical entity for their lack of will power... When he has nothing to do with it...

The enemy is responsible for temptation. But temptation isnt sin. We're responsible for acting on that temptation, which is sin. But temptation isn't a sin, Christ was tempted by the devil.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

I repeat....

2. Is there anything in the Bible that proves the Hebrews knew what volcanoes were?

4. Is the Holy Land (Israel, Saudi, Egypt, Red Sea, Syria, Ethiopia, etc) volcanic?

(YOU SAID....I'm concerned if a person refuses to give a direct Y or N answer when asked specifically for one.)

1. No, it comes from an Italian word, the Bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

2. No. There is also nothing that proves they did not know.

3. Yes. God is decribed as all-knowing.

4. Yes.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The enemy is responsible for temptation. But temptation isnt sin. We're responsible for acting on that temptation, which is sin. But temptation isn't a sin, Christ was tempted by the devil.

So like i said, you blame another for your "temptations" and in the worst cases... your sins

It has nothing to do with your own wants/desires... its "the enemy"

This is exactly what i meant by scapegoat... blaming someone/something else other then yourself...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Again, I already said my sins are my responsibility, how many more ways do I have to say that? When I sin, it's entirely my fault and I have no one else to blame. People sin because they choose to sin. Temptation comes from the enemy, but a person doesn't HAVE to comply with it, they can refuse. Temptation isn't a sin, Christ was continually tempted and resused to engage in any of it.

edit on 22-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Alright so lets say (if you're married) a beautiful woman happens across your path... and shes attracted to you... tempting you to cheat on your wife...

You're telling me "the enemy" placed that woman there?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Alright so lets say (if you're married) a beautiful woman happens across your path... and shes attracted to you... tempting you to cheat on your wife...

Could Father not have done this, to see what you would do? Surely it is not temptation, because he is not telling you to do it. Many give Satan too much credit.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Are you trying to pre-accuse me of getting a cause-effect question wrong thats entirely hypothetical?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I never intended for this post to lead to arguments my friends, I wanted to share the importance of keeping a daily contact with God and being in one accord with each other. Remember when Jesus saw the diciples aarguing before the time of him being betrayed, they argued on who was the greatest. Jesus took them one by one and washed their feet, even the disciple that was going to betray him. I forget about that many times, to be humble. If Jesus, the one that was the king of kings humbled himself to washing dirty feet, what more should we do friends?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Are you trying to pre-accuse me of getting a cause-effect question wrong thats entirely hypothetical?

Does it seem like im accusing you of something?

its a pretty straight forward question, which was ruined by Jhill (thanks bro
)

You said temptations come from the enemy... i was simply giving an example, and asking if you believe "the enemy" put said beautiful female in your path...

*sigh*

Don't worry about it... sadly i don't believe i'll ever understand the christian mentality...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

its a pretty straight forward question, which was ruined by Jhill (thanks bro )

I will refrain from doing this, in the future.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Do what you must... it was a loaded question anyways...

You offered the truth, which wasn't actually what i was looking for...

We're talking about how "satan" and his minions "tempt" man kind, which i do not believe... "Evil" on earth comes from man, not spirits or entities...

Such things only have power over you IF you give that power to them...

This must be my belief because as i've said before, i've never once had an "experience" with anything in the spiritual realm... but i am shown "proofs" of God every day... and thus i have strived to know the closest thing i know to God, that being his son, and what is written about him...

As far as i've learned... "satan" is materialism... not an entity...

And unfortunatly (fortunatly?) that will be my belief until i have seen otherwise...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Such things only have power over you IF you give that power to them...

This is very true.

We're talking about how "satan" and his minions "tempt" man kind, which i do not believe... "Evil" on earth comes from man, not spirits or entities...

I see your stance. But, I will add this. The thoughts are of mans own, but all it takes is that one phrase to push him to perform the action.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

I repeat....

1. No, it comes from an Italian word, the Bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

2. No. There is also nothing that proves they did not know.

3. Yes. God is decribed as all-knowing.

4. Yes.

So, the word 'volcano' (or even a word FOR volcano) was not used in the entire Bible that covers six thousand years, there is absolutely nothing in the Bible that proves or even suggests the Hebrews knew what a volcano was and the Holy Land is volcanic with many different wierd and frightening natural things happening. This much you admit yet you then claim your god knew what a volcano was. Hmmmm...... Can you see how that is totaly illogical? A yes or no answer please.....anything else is a lie, as you say. Please look up the definition of illogical if unsure.

The reason for the lack of the use of the word 'volcano' or its equivalent in the Bible is due to volcanoes being called 'mountain of fire', 'blazing furnace', 'fiery pit', 'My Rock', 'Most High' and 'His dwelling place'.

Exodus 15:17 You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance--the place, O LORD, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, O Lord, your hands established.
edit on 23-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join