It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelations...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well just a couple months back i was asking myself what is the purpose of being here, earnestly seeking for answers. Me and my roommate wanted to know how we could get on the right path. The way I got roomed with this guy is remarkable also, God had us meet paths. So a couple months ago we prayed to God, and God heard our prayers. So after that towards the end of the school year some things happened for us to meet this guy who had a crazy vision experience that turned his life 180.

What happened was he wanted to find what he could do to relieve this burden in his soul after the experience, he went to 6 different churches and received the word and was on the right path. Then he finally went to a type of church that meet two times a week and felt that this church was right because it did not look to denominations, but to building a relationship with God. He finally realized this place was holding him back and some how managed to meet my roommate and me.

He fellowship-ed with us and we took in the words of the bible in a way I never did before. We would read the verses and pray it back to God with our hearts upon. What we realized was the Spirit gave us the same thought and opinion and I was beyond shocked. We dropped so many things in our life's and the crazy thing is that my thoughts and opinions are changing day in and day out. I have lost many friends and my soul life is being deprived all for the main purpose of why we humans are here on earth. That purpose is for God to dispense himself in us for the building up of the body of Christ. No one on earth could have shown me this truth and have my heart open to it, no one except God.

I used to look at the Christian life as go to church once a week, pray here and there, etc. and basically enjoy my life as long as it didn't hurt anyone or me, then I could go to heaven. I was beyond wrong, my goal is to make everything I do revolve around the building up of the body of Christ. Get in the word and contact God throughout the day, wake up and say "I turn my heart to you lord". Prayer read as much as possible.

Do not contact God once a week, do you feed yourself once a week? So why should you feed your spirit once a week? We have a body, soul, and spirit. The spirit is what contacts God. The final and most important for one to maintain such a life is to Love God with all your heart and love others as you love your self.

I used to go on this site always searching for some sort of truth, but always lead to a dead end. I'm still a work in progress, but the truth is right in front of our eyes but for some reason the devil always distracts us, he is so subtle and his native tongue is to lie.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpedconsciousness

You speak a lot of truth there. And the fact that you are fellowshipping with just the three like minded individuals total, like in the Bible, where two or more are gathered in my name there am I with you... I think this was the original idea of the Church, the body of Christ. I need to find that, that's why I haven't found an organized church to get involved with.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I used to go on this site always searching for some sort of truth, but always lead to a dead end. I'm still a work in progress, but the truth is right in front of our eyes but for some reason the devil always distracts us, he is so subtle and his native tongue is to lie.

Don't lay your reasons on "the devils" shoulders... You are responsible for you...

There is no mythical creature "tempting" man kind... that is a fairy tale..

Theres the physical/material, and theres the spiritual...

and only YOU can decide which you prefer...

"the truth" is there for all to read...

Seek and ye shall find

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, that's your beliefs, "prove it" as they say around here. I hate when people of either side take that stand like you just did. We can all believe what we believe without acting like we are the final authority. Let's debate without the proclamation Ok?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, that's your beliefs, "prove it" as they say around here. I hate when people of either side take that stand like you just did. We can all believe what we believe without acting like we are the final authority. Let's debate without the proclamation Ok?

Who said anything about authority?

I am but one person... why listen to me?

People can proclaim "there is no God" until he shows himself... Well i say the same about "the devil"...

Satan represents materialism within the bible, it is not a spirit that "tempts" man kind in my humble opinion..

One can blame his issues on "the devil" or take responsibility for his own actions, or lack there of...

Honestly i didn't know this was a debate....

edit on 20-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

When you make a proclamation like that you imply that you have such knowledge and authority. Otherwise, you would say "in my opinion" etc. I can have my belief and not tell others "you are wrong" and we can talk about it and maybe find common ground.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I also realized that the more I have the Spirit shine light onto me I see that my nature is full of evil. What we have been shown is there is a rebuilding that needs to take place in all of us, Satan is the tempter and adversary but we are also the ones allowing ourselves to be tempted. My friend, I would not have all this to tell for no reason. Remember the three words that will help all who want the truth ; "Oh Lord Jesus".

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Notice it wasn't the wisdom of man nor the knowledge of philosophy that set you free.

It was the power of God. It was somebody going to God by using the most powerful tool in the universe, intercessory prayer. Somebody asked God to then create circumstances, to send people, let the Holy Ghost go to work to set you free. And it happened. God noticed your heart was starving for righteousness.

All you did when you've gotten saved was you've exchanged one nature for the other. Salvation is accepting the fact that, "I am what I am, a lost sinner, with a beast nature that is rebellious against God and I want to be free from it." You throw yourself over on the cross of the sacrificial work of Jesus Christ and God does what? He imputes the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ to you, and using the blood of Jesus to cleanse your bloodstream from the infiltrating and filthy elements of sin.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpedconsciousness
reply to post by Akragon

I also realized that the more I have the Spirit shine light onto me I see that my nature is full of evil. What we have been shown is there is a rebuilding that needs to take place in all of us, Satan is the tempter and adversary but we are also the ones allowing ourselves to be tempted. My friend, I would not have all this to tell for no reason. Remember the three words that will help all who want the truth ; "Oh Lord Jesus".

What does "satan" tempt you with?

Its said he is "the father of lies"... so what are his lies?

If you're read the "satanic bible" you'll notice (according to said book) it is self gradifcation... and wants of a physical nature that drive that "religion" or belief...

but have you not read?

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you're read the "satanic bible" you'll notice (according to said book) it is self gradifcation... and wants of a physical nature that drive that "religion" or belief...

Below laughs at this stuff. They would have no dealings with a book to gratify themselves. As many have religion (mans view of God), others have their view of the one not spoken of. He surely doesn't tempt here, because he is not allowed here. The furthest he can go is common ground, and even that order is being reworked as I type this.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Akragon

Below laughs at this stuff. They would have no dealings with a book to gratify themselves. As many have religion (mans view of God), others have their view of the one not spoken of. He surely doesn't tempt here, because he is not allowed here. The furthest he can go is common ground, and even that order is being reworked as I type this.

Im not sure what to do with that honestly...

I've had no experiences with spirits or "demons" of any kind... Thus i have no belief in such things...

I don't deny the possibility of their existance... but i find it highly unlikely...

This book isn't about said "evil entities" self gradifcation... it tells the reader that "his" following is about self gratification... or the lusts of the flesh

edit on 21-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This site is overrun with occultists. They may masquerade as Christians and they may seem very sweet, but they are liars. This is the last place you need to look for truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You are either very ignorant or you are a liar.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't lay your reasons on "the devils" shoulders... You are responsible for you...

There is no mythical creature "tempting" man kind... that is a fairy tale..

If there is no 'mythical creature' then why do the Jesuits and illuminati top secret society types who have such tremendous control over much of the world (absolutely massive control over America at the media, financial, educational, political, military and massive infiltrated deeply most of the US's organized religion) why is it that these guys believe in this said 'fairy tale', worship him and carry out the wishes of the 'being' directly.

The ones that don't see it as a fairy tale at all as the ones that are in the highest positions of power and influence across society. Why do they cooperate together in carrying out this wide encompassing plot over hundreds and hundreds of years in order to establish the earthly kingdom that would be prepared to 'receive' him 'or else'?

Explain that....
edit on 21-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this.

The harvest is ripe, but the workers are few.
People are so self-absorbed these days, even many who are spiritually starving are "too busy" to slow down & do anything about it, much less use their personal time to gather others that are seeking. We so desperately need less of us, and more of Him.

Accomplish much in His name and for His glory, brother. For the time of salvation is at hand, the time of fullness is upon us, and the devourer is poised to make his last stand.

may His hedge be ever 'round you
may you speak His Truth in boldness
may you work out your salvation with courage
may you find those whom He is calling
and may you be a voice in the wilderness for all those who will listen

I stand with you in agreement for all your endeavors that are according to His purpose.
Go with God, my brother, go with Christ our Lord

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've had no experiences with spirits or "demons" of any kind... Thus i have no belief in such things...

That's because that soldier that is always with you, keeps them at bay.

This book isn't about said "evil entities" self gradifcation... it tells the reader that "his" following is about self gratification... or the lusts of the flesh

I usually don't speak on heresy, but from what I have heard from others here, that's what I grabbed from that book. I am not allowed to look at any of those types of books, you would have the most accurate information on this subject than I do.
edit on 21-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

reply to post by Akragon

You are either very ignorant or you are a liar.

I don't take offense to this. But, you do not have the information that I have. If you did, you would understand what I speak.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Just out of curiosity, what kind of New Age or ancient practice are you in to anyway?

I have never figured that out about you. I think I read once that you claim to be a true angel. Is that your claim?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Just out of curiosity, what kind of New Age or ancient practice are you in to anyway?

No classification. I just have more of what is yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

I have never figured that out about you. I think I read once that you claim to be a true angel. Is that your claim?

Angel is a mans term, meant to say messenger. Above does much more than just pass messages. I would not claim to be something of a messenger. But, I can assure you, there are many here in the flesh from above. If you can see or hear, you will know whom they are.
edit on 21-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The final and most important for one to maintain such a life is to Love God with all your heart and love others as you love your self.

Many ask what is this love, or how to love like this. Paul was given to write:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Once all can come to this realization, man will progress as a whole. Father will give a time, but if man doesn't show it soon, all will be lost.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join