It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Western Society Deliberately Distracting Us From.....Something?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Irregardless of whether TPTB or Western Society is trying to hide something from us by keeping "our heads in the cloud", it is a matter of choice as to whether you put your "head in the cloud".

TV, Radio and Telephone have been around for a long time. Their entertainment value and usefulness is why they are still here. The fact that they have evolved to become the very center of our lives wasn't the choice of a group of people secretly manipulating our live. WE wanted these things to become the center of our lives. We wanted hand held do-dads that gives us information and connections to other people.

The mundane walk of life that we all do is a matter of choice. All the "distracting" things in life are only as important as you make them.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
"The same day Pharaoh commanded the taskmasters of the people and their foremen, "You shall no longer give the people straw to make bricks, as heretofore; let them go and gather straw for themselves. But the number of bricks which they made heretofore you shall lay upon them, you shall by no means lessen it; for they are idle; therefore they cry, 'Let us go and offer sacrifice to our God.' Let heavier work be laid upon the men that they may labor at it and pay no regard to lying words." Exodus 5

The Almighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob divided the peoples and nations along ethnic and cultural lines. Nimrod came along as an imperialist and gave them one common language and purpose to UNITE humanity against God's decrees for mankind - that we are all uniquely different and diversified - that it is the natural order as He created. Nationalism is God decreed for mankind.

Have you not noticed that Babel - globalisation - is occurring again? Just as the Israelites had to make their own bricks in Egypt (the world) under Pharoah (Satan), and just as the post-flood world tried to build a brick tower by globalisation, you are being kept busy and occupied 24/7 as in " Let heavier work be laid upon the men that they may labor at it and pay no regard to lying words." What did Satan consider "lying words"? The Israelites worshipping the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Everyone in the western nations - mostly the descendants of Israel - are once again toiling - two working parents, struggling to make ends meet, and preoccupied with meaningless past times so that you don't slow down and SEEK TO WORSHIP THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH. It's all happening again - globalisation is the rebuilding of Babel by the builders - the masons - who reject THE ONE TRUE GOD.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

TV, radio and telephone were all developed to be genuine instruments of utility with no nefarious aims (IMO), but all have morphed to be either instruments of mind control/influence or as in the case of phones just another surveillance tool.

Here is one of my favorite quotes, which is in my signature, uttered by the man many consider to be the modern father of propaganda as we know it today, Edward Bernays:

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country."

This was in his 1928 book Propaganda. 1928, wow, he would be proud of what the media has done with propaganda today.

Here are some good point about the media:

Turn on your local newscast. You have a few minutes of blue-collar crime, hardly any white-collar crime, a few minutes of sports, misc. chit chat, random political jibber-jabber, and a look at the weather that no one is forecasting correctly. Is that what happened in your town? And we're supposed to own the airwaves! The mainstream media openly supports the interests of the prison industrial complex. The stories focus on minority criminal groups, and exploit the real threat to appear much more dangerous than they are. Think about the growing per capita number of prisoners in the country. Then remember that this is happening at the same time that our prison boom began.

The police on our streets have created criminals. The focus is to keep us in a state of fear, that way the elitists can attack any group they want to without fear of consequence. This is why the media is continuing to craft the timeless art of dehumanization.

You see, the unimaginable fallacies are created as 'truth' not because it's logical or provable, but because of the broken record technique. No matter how ridiculous the lie, it's repeated often enough that the brain doesn't know the difference between reality and nursery rhymes. This technique is underestimated in its ability to allow the puppeteers to hypnotize millions of people.

Here is the rest from an article titled: Are Your Thoughts Your Own?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 21-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

edit on 21-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: insertion

edit on 21-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: clarification

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
It is called bread and circuses. The good news is that it has not been practiced since Rome died. The bad news is Rome never died.

I didn't know it has a term, thanks for the mind opening!

EDIT: Something very cool I found on Youtube, transcript inside the description:

edit on 21-6-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

They are trying to distract us from developing our own consciousness. What they actualy do, I think is to keep our mind in the mainstream state. Like they want us to, to support their purpose.

We are actualy being harvested. Being used. Its not always easy to explain this. Their method to keep us in the dark has been systematicaly setup since ages ago. The mind is the most valuable resource there is. It can bend and shape our reality. They will do anything necesary to keep us occupied. Like creating all sort of entertainment stuff, just to keep us "on track".

I think they also have developed censors. People everywhere they place to detect consciousness anomalies. Their willing agents. Usualy weak people (like the mafia, they are actualy the weak and infertile crowd of society, serving the invisible force in exchange of social aknowledgement). And when they detect such persons, they will start to bully and intimidate you. Or if that doesnt work, they will try to influence or persuade you. Brainwashing you. Bribery is a last resort, a high deal they wage if you made it to the high places, or/and being a potential challange to them. They usually combine several method too, if you really made it big

You must be quite bright OP, if you figured this out on your own
Wellcome to the Illuminati club

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sophia falls, gets separated and scrambled.

Gaia as the impulse towards unconcious organic life + Archons as an imprint of dissconected but divine intelligence on interstellar medium.

Fast forward = smart monkeys with bicameral minds.

In other words - we are the archonic imprint being downloaded and re-integrated with Gaia as 'culture' and 'civilisation'

Residual Archonic imprint resisting integration = fallen angels = organised religion = NWO = hiving us off into a virtual reality divorced from Gaia.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Sophia falls, gets separated and scrambled.

Gaia as the impulse towards unconcious organic life + Archons as an imprint of dissconected but divine intelligence on interstellar medium.

Fast forward = smart monkeys with bicameral minds.

In other words - we are the archonic imprint being downloaded and re-integrated with Gaia as 'culture' and 'civilisation'

Residual Archonic imprint resisting integration = fallen angels = organised religion = NWO = hiving us off into a virtual reality divorced from Gaia.

Hmmm, I've come across this theory three times in two days, kauilapele.wordpress.com...

Fitting if you can perceive it.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
society has always and constantly will distract us from something, as is this thread since we're trying to figure out if they are as opposed to actually figuring out the what.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yes, this makes sense to me. Its like those folks on vacation who spend the entire time behind a camera, yet don't actually experience the place where they are.

The whole camera thing is something that reall **** me off. Have you been to see a live band/show/music festival anytime recently. It now seems like 80% of the crowd are part of the official film crew, the mobile film crew. They're not interested in experiencing the live performance, they watch the whole show through the camera view on their mobile phone and then its a race home to upload it to You Tube/Facebook etc etc.

This phenomonon started with the introduction of the first camera phones but originally it was only a few people that dared to film a concert and if security saw them they would stop it. Musicians complained about people filming their shows initially but as the number of camera phones increased they couldn't stop it. Now they have learnt how to use it and social media to their advantage.

Someone needs to tell these Ron Howard wannabes that its cheaper to stay home and watch it on TV. Maybe they should start phone pooling so that only one person needs to buy a ticket and the other can wait patiently for the upload. Either way they will have a memory to keep of an event they didn't actually see personally. Morons.

Not even George Orwell saw this coming. When he wrote 1984, little did he know that by 2004 90% of the population would be employed as spies for Big Brothers global intelligence agency or that they would also be so stupid as to do it willingly whilst complaining about loss of Freedoms

Are we being distracted? - Yes.

By whom? - In the main, its big business and the expert marketing and promotional companies they use to constantly find better ways to capture your attention, 'distract' you from what you were doing and show you you why their addictive product or service is better.

Why? ,So they can make more and more money from you in order to satify their greedy shareholders neverending appetite for more profits and more growth.

Technology has clearly won the battle for our hearts, minds and dollars and now all other industries have had to adapt to find a profitable space in the techno world we now live in.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We are being distracted from building relationships with people, from having families, from creating lives of our own. Even our religions, which act as groups of people caring for one another, are being taken from us under the guise that it is for our own good.

This won't be obvious until about a decade from now, when no one has families, friends, or a house and a good job when they need them to fight against government tyranny. Try fighting against the government without anyone you can trust, no money, and no resources. You can't.

Endgame: Slaves working for enough wages to pay their rent and eat some food, with no time for a family or friends or hobbies (no time for one's own goals).
edit on 21-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Our manufactured society is nothing more than a body which is used to control people. I don't know who or why they are doing it. I see society as nothing more than bloated corpse which the corporate ticks are feeding on and that system must continue of they will die.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
'Society' - culture, civilisation, is the meeting place between Gaia and the Archons. - Biological imperative emotions infused with mental impressions/awareness = sentience, self-coniousness.

When Biology predominates (might is right, selfish genes etc) = criminality, tribalism, depravity, drug addiction etc.

When Archonic forces predominate = Idealogues, Zealots, revolutionaries, Ivory tower intellectuals, Corporate monsters etc.

Western Civilisation (sorry PC lefties) - has been the spearhead of the reconciliation of Gaian and Archonic imprints - end result =Archonic awareness embodied in Human (Gaian) form = MESSIAH = whole purpose of organic life.

Fallen angel faction is trying to deviate the Human race away from that into it's own virtual reality.

This is why Western civilisation is being collapsed/subverted on two fronts Lefty progressives, enlisting biological elements via PC multi-culturalism.

In the end this is all as it should be - the 'good' must stand on it's own - stripped of it's social support.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Fighting The Powers That Be: The Secrets We Are Supposed To Know!

If we truly love, we will be loved.

If we forget materialism, we will be wealthy.

If we reject pyramid schemes, we are all equal.

If we know ourselves, we may know the Spirit.

If we fear death, we will never truly exist.

If we see ourselves as victims, we will always need protection.

If we are not accountable, we do not deserve trust.

If we rely on another’s insight, we will be confused.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Most definately! These are the things TPTB want you distracted from: your health(especially mental), socio-economic political meat hook realities, The mass mind kuntrolprogram that tells peple what to do and think, and probably most importantly, ones sense of spirituality.

In the document Quit Weapons for Silent Wars, which can be found in the book Behold a Pale Horse, the details of this idea are outlined.

I'm not particularly a William Cooper fan, but he did have some great points and bring together some good info before they killed him.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh they are definitely distracting us. The thing is I don't think it's any one thing that they are distracting us from. I think the major thing they are distracting us from is their drive for global domination.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I have a theory:

A long time ago, a group of upstarts decided they didn’t like the way the universe was organized. Everything within it, being the stuff of the first thing, contained a fractal hologram of the maker-stuff, which naturally carried the power of the making. But somehow, after countless aeons, certain discrete aspects of the whole decided to break with the totality of creation and forge a new kind of reality. Their crime split the multiverse in twain, creating what we call duality; life and death, dark and light, good and evil.

Now, on certain rocks, a ritual was completed which draws shards of the wholeness unto itself, and locks them in place. These are used as a power source by the rebels, who -- when they have gathered enough in one place -- may sacrifice their “energy” to achieve a kind of permanent fixed state they call “physical immortality.” Over time, their hunger for these sacrifices grows, and their well-worlds become saturated with the fractal energies of the whole, which they use to draw more power into their ancient physical forms.

The problem is that it was never necessary. In fact -- the energy contained in the pieces is eternal anyway. But the old ones, who long ago abandoned the eternal oneness, need more and more to maintain their vampiric existence apart from the totality or ground of being. The problem? Such energy cannot be harvested from the shards while in their natural form, so they must be kept grounded and bled slowly.

This is accomplished with fear, isolation, and “apartness.” What you and I and everyone else who reads this are being distracted from is the greater truth of your “being-ness.” Those who do the distracting cannot be reasoned with or brought back into the fold. They long ago gave up their conduit to the source, in return for physical immortality in shadow. There is nothing for them to go back to, or to return from. They will do anything to make you forget what you are, because without you, they are dust.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Addicted to the distraction many of us are too it seems. I feel what you are saying and have wondered the same thing myself smyleegrl. I sometimes wonder if it is all intentional or a reactionary lifestyle to obtaining 'success.'

The conspiracy side of me thinks we are intentional distracted and kept from our own empowerment. I feel that we are not encouraged to develop our creativity enough and that there is a spiritual vacuum, infringing on the trait of empathy. I have thought that the current Gregorian system of time and seasons are unnatural and we should be more in tune with the lunar calender. I beleive , like Chomsky's Manufactured Consent, that we are distracted by an unnatural novelty, a byproduct of consumerism.

The non-conspiracy side of me thinks we are just approaching the more unhealthy levels of Capitalism, where the negative facets are outweighing the positive because jobs and growth must continue, regardless of sensibility, balance and fairness. Have we become unintended slaves to economic servitude?

Peace,
spec

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by decepticonLaura

I don't see anyone putting a gun to your head.

There is nothing forcing you or anyone to watch tv, or to eat fast food.

In fact, there are millions of people who are completely free of such things, which makes it very difficult for me to believe there is a deliberate attempt at some sort of distraction.

Distraction from what anyway?

Exactly. They are giving the people what they want. You are a consumer, if you do not like the services do not pay for the product.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Distraction, in my opinion, isn't the biggest issue with what is going on today. I think the biggest issue is overstimulation. A bit of distraction here and there is healthy, and can help you to unwind from a really hectic day. Overstimulation, on the other hand, leaves you feeling almost drug-addled.

Think about this. On the news we hear about murder to the point that the word has lost its effect on people. How many of you have turned on the news, heard of a random murder, and actually felt sad? We hear about Syria, and the atrocities happening there even as we speak, and how many of us have shed a tear for the victims?

The media knows that the more negative a person hears about, the higher the threshold that person has for hearing negative information. So they bombard us with as 90 percent negativity, and add a human interest story to appear as if they aren't fear mongering and conditioning.

This thread also brings up another similar thought I've had for a long time now. Politics. How many people are apathetic to politics? Ever wonder why that is? It's boring. Extremely mind numbingly boring. Listening to a politician drone on about economics and foreign policy is probably one of the least inspiring things one could do with their time.

So most people choose not to. They no longer listen to the content of the speech, it seems. They listen to the rhythm, the tone, the "character" of the speech, and base their opinions on that. We no longer hire politicians, we hire actors. Those actors do their jobs well. The people eat it up because of conditioning. We are overstimulated, and being conditioned to base value on aesthetic appeal.

If Orwell and Huxley had a baby, our world would be that baby. Who knew they could both be right?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So, my question to you, ATS, is simple. Do you believe TPTB are deliberately distracting the populace? If so…why? So that they can pass legislature that the distracted masses won’t notice? Or is it something deeper than that? A more basic and fundamental truth that these distractions are masking?

While I hate to give them that much credit, I think part of it is to distract us. But, I think that came about after the fact.

But these trivial things that seem to occupy most of us, and even to some extent, capitalism in general, is there to keep you distracted.

Poverty
Pollution
Fraud
Murder
Wars

Who has time to deal with any of that when you are working 2 jobs to pay for the flat screen you are watching american idol on?

Tv, movies, entertainment in general, is a massive pacifier. THat's what it is. Let me quote one of my favorite bands here:

"What did you dream? It's alright, we told you what to dream"

doesn't that just sum it up perfectly?

the pursuit of happiness has nothing to do with money. But as long as we all feed at the trough that is entertainment, and continue to work ourselves to death, the status quo remains.

Right now, America alone, has the ability to provide clean and safe drinking water for the entire planet. But screw that, I want to watch football.

I can't help but think of the movie "They Live!", it totally fits.

But here's food for thought..... What if the alternative media, all of that, is merely another layer of the distraction?

When I watched the matrix movies, I picked up on something. the creator mentioned that the matrix continued to fail until they gave them the illusion of choice. To me, that meant that everything taking place "outside the matrix" the ships, the robots, zion, all of that, was merely another layer of the matrix, designed to keep those who "woke up" enslaved.

Maybe the alternative media is just that, another layer, designed to keep those of us who woke up, in a state of slumber. They give us the illusion of choice, yet, we are still distracted.

Hell, this thread right now, is about western society deliberately distracting us, and the thread in itself is a distraction. We will talk about it, complain about it, yet do nothing about it.

Great thread! I'm really glad you stayed at ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join