It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Western Society Deliberately Distracting Us From.....Something?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i think pretty much everything that TPTB "give" to the people is a distraction, of some sort.

and yes...i think the reason is spiritual.

they want us to focus on everything outside of ourselves. anything to keep us occupied.

i wrote this thread unplug. a month or so ago. i recently signed out of online life for over a month and took a break from all this constant interaction (phone, facebook, ATS, email and all other forms) and the results are impossible for me to deny. within a week, my entire mood changed, my meditations got stronger and easier and i feel like i reconnected with a part of myself. i now feel much more center and calm.

i often wonder if living inside of a house that has electricity constantly flowing through it can kind of disconnect us from nature. if everything is energy, surrounding ourselves by man made energy could very easily hinder our ability to tune into the natural energies...

obviously, none of us can be exactly sure what it is that they are hiding but when you think about life in the terms that everything is energy and everything is a matter of projection/reflection/perspective...work backwards. if they are throwing lots of things at us to keep us looking around us, means we might want to start looking within for what's going on...

smoke and mirrors baby...smoke and mirrors...
edit on 6/20/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Short awnser...yes 100%,

Why, www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes. All part of the bigger plan...

2012-2013. The global economic and social crises are exacerbated. The debates on the global paradigm of future development intensifies.

2045: A New Era for Humanity
In February of 2012 the first Global Future 2045 Congress was held in Moscow. There, over 50 world leading scientists from multiple disciplines met to develop a strategy for the future development of humankind.

"Humanity does not have a master plan of it's own ... it lives in the present and does not plan, preserves the status quo and tries to escape development...in consumer society's culture there is no evolution."

"...we need new philosophy and ideology, new ethics, new culture, new psychology, even new metaphysics. We must go beyond ourselves....an adequate response to the challenges of our time."

edit on 20-6-2012 by dreamingawake because: quotation

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is one good thread that explains how we are being kept from ourselves and the one source of limitless energy, love www.abovetopsecret.com... . It is a long speech at 4 hours, but just finished it and glad I did.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Matilda is a children's novel by British author Roald Dahl. It was published in 1988 by Jonathan Cape in London, with illustrations by Quentin Blake. The story is about Matilda Wormwood, an extraordinary child with ordinary and rather unpleasant parents, who are contemptuous of their daughter's prodigious talents. Matilda was adapted into a film in 1996, a two-part adaptation for BBC Radio 4 (later re-broadcast on BBC Radio 4 Extra) starring Nicola McAuliffe as Matilda and narrated by Lenny Henry and a musical in 2010.[1][2]

en.wikipedia.org...(novel)

Matilda is a 1996 American fantasy film directed by Danny DeVito, based on the novel of the same name by Roald Dahl. The film was released by TriStar Pictures on August 2, 1996 and stars Mara Wilson, Danny DeVito, Rhea Perlman, Embeth Davidtz, and Pam Ferris.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Possibly one of the reasons for the book's classic status is that it can be seen as many things to many different people. Broadly, the book has three themes:

*a satirical view of the state of European government, and of petty differences between religions.
*an inquiry into whether men are inherently corrupt or whether they become corrupted.
*a restatement of the older "ancients versus moderns" controversy previously addressed by Swift in The Battle of the Books

en.wikipedia.org...

I think Dahl's Matilda, like Swift's Gulliver's Travels, are both clever social satires that parody how people are easily distracted from life.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There is no doubt that most humans are easily distracted and there is a multitude of things that cause us distractions. So, "Is Western society deliberately distracting us?", IMO yes. There are agendas to change us as well as reenforce primal urges and instincts. Poor people are distracted as well as the rich.

What are we distracted from? I'd say we are being distracted away from some things as well as being distracted towards others and that the distractions are for the gain of others. Stealing our attention from our real needs and desires so to speak.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It is far more than just simple distraction. I believe ‘western culture’ [or the lack there of], primarily functions to: reduce spirituality, induce materialism, stricken intelligence, indoctrinate the naïve, destroy language, and literally poison our bodies.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

hello, i've learnt quite alot about what is going on in this world recently, a year ago i would have dismissed every single word of it, i would have listened but i wouldn't have understood. but now i find it quite hard to have a meaningful conversation with people now because all they want to talk about is shopping, tv, sports, getting drunk, make up etc but as soon as i try to talk about anything meaningful that effects everyone in this world they are completely uninterested (just like i used to be)

i really believe that something spiritual exists, perhaps the holy spirit, (i now believe in God, but didn't a year ago) that connects each and everyone of us together, if everyone only realised how important (and equal) we all are we could put a stop to the evil in this world, but at the moment we have so many unawakened people still trying so hard just impress or be liked by other's that people have forgotten who they are, i've only just started to figure out who i am and i'm still learning, but life is now so much simpler as i'm not scared any more, worried for mankind, yes, but i'm not scared of what the future holds anymore, coz i know it ain't going to get any better this time around,

in my opinion it is the truth about God that they are trying to distract us from, but with the unbelievable about of manipulation that has happened throughout religions its just so damn hard to figure out the truth, as soon as i realised that God was without a doubt the truth my husband's parents (who are jehovah's witnesses) started telling us the most important thing we had to do next was pick a religion, when i asked why i was given an answer that didn't answer my question at all, i've since realised that most religions have purposely been screwed up to separate everyone and have us arguing between ourselves about who's right and who's wrong. i decided to read the bible myself without any help and it makes so much sense in relation to ALL of the evil stuff we are seeing today, it even talks about aliens, everything is in there, but the books that have been removed from the bible, like the book of Enoch and a few others that i've read bits off seem to shed further understanding on the bible.

the thing is, i'd always wanted to believe in God, but needed proof before i could. the thing i could never understand was that if there was a God how could he let all these people suffer. A christian friend on mine told me to ask God to show me the truth, and whilst i felt silly asking a God that i wasn't sure even existed to show me the truth i did it anyway, and so did my husband, although neither of us told each other at the time. within a year of asking for the truth i was slowly shown the evil that was happening in the world and how the version of all of these events that we were been shown on the mainstream news were a complete manipulation of the truth, and to be honest i was horrified with myself for not realising that i'd been fooled my whole life, along with the majority of the world it seems, this made me wonder what other truths had been twisted to make it impossible for us to understand, then my hubby read the bible revelations book to me and it was so clear without a shadow of doubt that God was real and that all the evil and suffering we are experiencing was at the hands of satan/demons/fallen angels etc... and not God, but as he stated after Noah's ark, he would never again wipe out the whole of mankind just because of a few, and therefore wont end this world by His hands, and rightly so, in my opinion TPTB are going to do a good job of wiping every good person from this earth, or turn them bad, therefore when God does return it will only be the evil that are still left on earth. i'd just like to point out that i'm not the best with words, even though things make sense in my head i often get confused when trying to relay the message

sorry for waffling on, i hope what i'm trying to say makes sense but this last 8 months has been a complete roller coaster for me, and i've learnt so much that has been kept from us, but like it says in the bible, ''be as wise as a serpent'', which for me means we need to know what tptb are up to so we can avoid being drawn in by them.

thank you

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

wow, brilliant video, thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

?Shall I consider to employ agreement to this idea thus increasing your own fears of deprivement.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Doesnt take much to distract western society or any of the other G20 controlled nations.

Matter fact if i showed you how easy it was youd probably get uncontrollably rageful and do something stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by luminosity

I believe they are. And to answer your question, I believe it is something deeper. One major key for them is to keep the fear alive and growing.

Have you considered that there is not a shackle upon how others decide how to conduct their common way of life.
?Are you yourself shackled by a nagging fear.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by luminosity

I believe they are. And to answer your question, I believe it is something deeper. One major key for them is to keep the fear alive and growing.

Any ideas what it might be? Enlightenment? The knowledge that aliens exist? The source of untold power and glory (but in limited quantities?) God? No God?

Your mind on this seems to be in wonder confusion. You have to know by now that aliens are our alternate reality. That we are connected to them. The human race is out of tune with this untold power now forever lost and is but a dream of myth.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
In other news, the sky is blue and bears # in the woods.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What are western people being distracted from?...Well in my opinion.....just the most dangerous thing to priests and kings; independent thought.

What do people do when they are not occupying their body and mind with external activities?. They think, they start thinking about their life and the world around them and that is dangerous. If they keep thinking about the world and figure out they don't like it, they may take the next steps and think and act to change it.

No, the masses can not be allowed independent thought it is to dangerous, so they must work as long as they can and when they are not working they must consume entertainment; television, computers, and video games and every last second not spent on those should be filled with cellphone calls, games and texts messages. Their brains must be constantly redirected into pre approved activities or occupied with meaningless ones, lest the people find themselves with time; time to grow bored and time to think.

Because thinkers become dreamers, planners and even actors; the shapers of change and the world; the enemies and malcontents of the future techno fascist super state.

Just my opinion though

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

?Shall I consider to employ agreement to this idea thus increasing your own fears of deprivement.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you rephrase your sentence?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
i'm going with j-man on this one
all those shows
all that noise and product...
that clock that won't ever slow down
it is to keep us distracted while we feed the giant machine

the sad part is you cannot opt out. the machine cannot be stopped.

Sure, we could stop the clock AND the machine if we only had the nerve and the will. That's what they're distracting us from, that they've been taking that a little at a time and we didn't notice it disappearing over the canned laughter on the TV. Chances are good that they've got it locked up someplace safe hoping we won't remember we once had some and go looking for it. Its probably down in the basement of the Supreme Court.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

gosh wickus
expected a bit more thought from you..

sure, there is no one holding a gun to my head.
no one forces me to eat fast food or watch tv, and i don't do either.
there is also technically nothing to stop me just walking away either
but where would i go?
no corner of this earth is not 'owned' by some entity or another.
even were i to live alone in the rudest hut deep in the bush
subsisting only on what fell into my hands
there will be someone somewhere expecting 'payment'
and sooner or later they'll come collecting.
i'm not saying i expect to be able to freeload
but everything is bought and paid for!
where are the alternatives?

i don't think there is actually anything specific we're being distracted from
and i don't think it's necessarily intentional [though some buy in wholeheartedly]
but from the moment of the invention of the clock we have been slaves.
edit on 21-6-2012 by decepticonLaura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Good question smyleegrl. Distraction is the key, but I believe there are a multitude of reasons. They don't call it programming for nothing.

Here are some articles which may provide at least a partial answer to what you are asking, some I agree with some I don't but most are extremely interesting in the least:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by j-man

I think the key point with a "media-fast" should be NOT watching the news... It's basically a summary of all the distractions isn't it?

What are they distracting us from? I think the answer is LIFE.

peace

Lol, this is exactly true. Its the one thing i DON'T watch on TV anymore. Instead i come to ATS for my news!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join