It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WTC 7 thread to end WTC7 threads

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by -PLB-

The "mystery substance" would not be such a mystery at all since it's all been heavily discussed already.
Industrial Thermite. Which will keep reacting with metal untill there's no metal left to react with.

And i never attacked your person, i just checked where you post the most and that's something anyone can do.
Im not allowed to point out truth?

Industrial Thermite????? That sounds less made up than nano-thermite. Thermite is fueled by itself. Once there is no more thermite the reaction stops. I think that is what you are saying but on a conspiracy website you never know. More about thermite can be found here Thermite.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Electrical stuff has breakers that shut the power down instantly . The jet fuel was by far the hottest thing going and propane and oxygen torches are only hot enough to burn steel under the best circumstances where the pure oxygen is mixed just right . . There just is no instance where any materials in the building burning in the best of open atmospheres could ever burn hot enough to make molten steel . The camp fires that burn really hot will melt aluminum at about 1150 degrees . This will only happen in a very small area of the fire near the coals . Steel melts at about 2250 . The fires needed to melt steel need to really breathe and have good coals and proximity to that steel . Then there is the massive amount of steel that would have to be heated . That amount of fire and heat would have shown through the buildings facade breaking out most all of the windows with heat . Glass tends to shatter with that kind of heat as it expands .
No camp fire at each column on each floor would bring down down building 7.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Thermite is actually powdered Aluminum and Iron oxide . It burns at 5400 degrees . Thats more than twice the melting point of Steel . Thats 3 times hotter than the point where steel starts to really weaken . With direct contact with the steel the melting point would be reached on the surface of the steel very quickly and progress inward very quickly .
If you noticed building 5 and 6 did not suffer any deformation beyond the tower collapsing on the top of it . Both of these buildings were cut down later even though they were burned black.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well put . Good job ! I think some of these people have never worked with metals and have no Idea the amount and the temperature of concentrated heat it takes to turn steel cherry red . Then there is the extreme mass of the beams .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Varemia

Thermite is actually powdered Aluminum and Iron oxide . It burns at 5400 degrees . Thats more than twice the melting point of Steel . Thats 3 times hotter than the point where steel starts to really weaken . With direct contact with the steel the melting point would be reached on the surface of the steel very quickly and progress inward very quickly .
If you noticed building 5 and 6 did not suffer any deformation beyond the tower collapsing on the top of it . Both of these buildings were cut down later even though they were burned black.

You keep forgetting that steel heats very quickly when its fireproofing is knocked off. But whatever.

When it comes to thermite, it still needs to be shaped into a cutter charge in order to cut steel. To melt steel, it would have to burn slower and with a much higher volume of thermite. It's just ridiculous, because thermite burns quickly. Have you not seen the youtube videos where thermite is tested? The ones where it is able to cut steel are when it is shaped into a big cutter charge, and it makes the traditional cutter charge bang. Very recognizable in the event of a demolition, and not present on any camera recording on 9/11.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that you are misinformed about everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

A house fire will not melt copper wiring and steel has a higher melting temperature . The fires in the building 7are like conventional house fires . The cutting charges you are talking about would require a heaving charge to displace the columns for the building to free fall .The heaving charge is where the real blast is .
The Super Thermite would almost immediatly heat the steel to critical temps and cause long column failure and thus a collapse .
Note , I am talking about building 7 alone . This building had its fire proofing in tact as it was not hit by a plane or very much debris from the Towers . Again Building 5 and 6 are between the Towers and building 7 and they were hit by a lot of debris from the towers . They were burned clear out and had to be demolished a week later . That really hot fire didn't have much affect on them .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by huh2142
Industrial Thermite????? That sounds less made up than nano-thermite. Thermite is fueled by itself. Once there is no more thermite the reaction stops. I think that is what you are saying but on a conspiracy website you never know. More about thermite can be found here Thermite.

You think nano-thermite is made up?

Here, another Wiki link for you...

A Nano-thermite or "super-thermite"[1] is a metastable intermolecular composite (MICs) characterized by a particle size of its main constituents, a metal and a metal oxide, under 1 micrometre.

Nano-thermite

Another source for super-thermite...

www.lanl.gov...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Good work . The fire proofing would have to be removed manually for the thermite to be applied . That constitutes a conspiracy . And there were reports of after hours work through out the building shortly before 911 . And the lease conditions and wording leads me to see a conspiracy . And there is the missing Comex GOLD .

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

And there is the missing Comex GOLD .

Why continue to post that much debunked truther lie?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by huh2142

There's a difference between normal thermite and industrial cutting thermite.

Or military thermite.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

reply to post by huh2142

Or military thermite.

What are the properties of Industrial thermite that make it different from regular thermite?

When I said nano-thermite was made up; what I meant was in the ATM paper the authors found paint didn't match the characteristics of thermite so what they found had to be nano-thermite or some other super secret military building destroying material.

Mythbusters used thermite to cut a car in half. It took lots and lots of thermite and it took awhile for it to work. I don't think thermite works fast enough to have participated in the destruction of WTC 1, 2 or 7.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by huh2142

Mythbusters is a a clown show . You might want to actually research how they demolish buildings . Thermite will burn right through a military Tank .

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by huh2142

Industrial and military thermite have higher burn rates and temperatures.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Please give the link for support of your claim . I believe it was 950 million in the vault 650 million recovered .

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by huh2142

Or military thermite.

Yes, of course. I think most every rational person realizes by now that it's what you want it to be in order to fulfill your delusion. It's an incendiary, but it's also an explosive with no sound. It magic stuff that morphs into what the average deluded Conspiracy Theorists wants it to be.

Never mind that it is not used in demolition and no one has ever demonstrated that it could be used in the manner you and others of your ilk allege. It was not found in the WTC dust and it won't ever be found simply because it did not or does not exist there. But, it prolongs the CT, so press on with the fantasy. Apparently, you'd rather talk and read about make believe type comics as opposed to dealing with the reality that no building in NYC was intentionally demolished except by huge aircraft impacting them at high speed and the resulting fire that eventually brought them down... But, press on if it makes to feel better. Who am I to stop you....
edit on 2-7-2012 by Reheat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

A house fire will not melt copper wiring and steel has a higher melting temperature . The fires in the building 7are like conventional house fires . The cutting charges you are talking about would require a heaving charge to displace the columns for the building to free fall .The heaving charge is where the real blast is .
The Super Thermite would almost immediatly heat the steel to critical temps and cause long column failure and thus a collapse .
Note , I am talking about building 7 alone . This building had its fire proofing in tact as it was not hit by a plane or very much debris from the Towers . Again Building 5 and 6 are between the Towers and building 7 and they were hit by a lot of debris from the towers . They were burned clear out and had to be demolished a week later . That really hot fire didn't have much affect on them .

Sources, please? I've read accounts from firefighters where house fires stewed underground and melted metal from all throughout the rubble.

When you're talking about Building 7, now you are literally lying, or don't even know you're lying. That means that somehow you have managed to completely ignore ALL of the freaking evidence just to continue believing your storyline. Ugh.

Building 7 was hit by a significant amount of debris, as evidenced by the firefighter testimonies, and the pictures of the building soon after the collapse of the towers. You can see smoke coming from the places with holes.

Worst case, if the fireproofing wasn't knocked off by the tons of debris from Tower 1, it still took 7 HOURS to collapse. That's plenty of time to burn through the fireproofing, don't you think? I believe the towers were rated to last something like 3-6 hours with intact fireproofing before the steel became vulnerable (course, it must be remembered that the impact removed the fireproofing for a few floors).

I feel like I'm arguing with walls sometimes.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Worst case, if the fireproofing wasn't knocked off by the tons of debris from Tower 1, it still took 7 HOURS to collapse. That's plenty of time to burn through the fireproofing, don't you think? I believe the towers were rated to last something like 3-6 hours with intact fireproofing before the steel became vulnerable (course, it must be remembered that the impact removed the fireproofing for a few floors).

I feel like I'm arguing with walls sometimes.

You're the wall dude. Now we're supposed to believe that the debris from the main towers caused such a vibration that it knocked all the fireproofing from the columns so that they all failed at precisely the right times to bring the building straight down in less than 7 seconds (please spare me the penthouse technicality crap) even though the fires were mostly confined to the 7th and 12th floors for the vast majority of these 7 hours?

edit on 2-7-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

Simple fact, something that can be used for welding, can be used for cutting aswell.
You realise thermite is used in welding, right?
You realise the best way to cut trough solid steel, is thermite, right?
You know there are at least 8 different types of industrial thermite alone, right?
One can only guess what spec ops have in their inventory.

I don't "fit it's function to my delusions", these are well known facts.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Yes I see they were standing on the very spot where there should have been burning material and parts of a Boeing.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

"You can see smoke coming from the places with holes". Boy, is that science. And you really expect me to believe that the 'debris' from 1 and 2 knocked the fireproofing off 7? Why are you here? What are you trying to prove? You actually have the nerve to call others, liars? Where does that leave you? You are here for one purpose, and that is to delay, distort and obstruct. In other words, an accomplice.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join