It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You obviously havent been around kids before, you put a challenging authority in front of them, they are gonna test them. And she folded. Of course its wrong to talk to elderly people like that, but i dont know any elderly who would put up with that. Your mindset is more of a problem, blaming 11-12 year olds for acting like 11-12 year olds....

This is not typical of 11 and 12 year old kids. Making a snide remark about her weight might be, but the extent of this very cruel harassment was not "typical".

My kid was a bit of a handful at that age, but him or his friends would have never gone to the extent of bringing up a suicide, and blaming it the woman, or got to the extent of saying they would go hunt her down, and "piss" on her door, and other very serious threats.

Nope.. this IS NOT typical of most 11 and 12 year olds.

edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yep, she set a lame example of how an adult should react, when kids pop off the mouth to an adult... The kids should be banned from the bus, or have to write an apology but its not that big of a deal. What do you mean we need to be wiped out as a species...? Dramatic much...?

Any time children deem it acceptable to act in that manor to anyone, especially an elderly person, its a big deal..

Your mindset is the problem, people who think like you are the problem.......

The fact that you dont think its a big deal is the problem...

NOT this woman.......

Your posts are a lame example of how people make excuses for this sort of behavior, and how adults should react.......not this woman...

You obviously havent been around kids before, you put a challenging authority in front of them, they are gonna test them. And she folded. Of course its wrong to talk to elderly people like that, but i dont know any elderly who would put up with that. Your mindset is more of a problem, blaming 11-12 year olds for acting like 11-12 year olds....

Actually ive been around quite a lot of children in my day, in fact in my 20s I was a part time activities director for kids 5-16.....so im well aware of what is acceptable and what is not.....

To the contrary I would suggest maybe it is you who has not spent enough time around children and fostering proper environment and behavior..........

May ask how old you are ?

There is a major difference between challenging an authority figure and what was displayed in this video....

What was displayed in this video should make every parent out there concerned with the direction things are going for their children, and the behavior they are learning......

That is not normal behavior for 11-12 year olds, and if it IS then somthing needs to change drastically...

I cannot believe you are still trying to put the blame on this elderly woman who was clearly outnumbered, by children who were acting more like volatile animals......then children......

Im gobsmacked
edit on 21-6-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Everyone take note that Karen Klein is pure class. 100%.

When asked what she planned to do about it, she said, "Nothing, just let the school handle it."

Parents, teach your kids to be intolerant of bullies. Teach them to stand up. Had my 14 year old been on that bus a few kids would have had the holy hell beat out of them. My son is still taught to open doors for ladies, burned bras be damned. Chivalry, heroism, courtesy, and patience are not dead in this house.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Great response. We have taught our children the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by dayve

Her Job:
Quoted from:
www.eanesisd.net...

-Quote-

Bus Monitor Responsibilities

What are school bus monitor’s responsibilities?

School bus monitors assist the drivers by ensuring that all students are safe on the bus.

They secure seat belts, wheelchairs, necessary supports, etc.

They maintain discipline on the bus. They see that students stay in their seats, and report problems to the schools.

They seek emergency medical help when needed.

Bus monitors are provided where they are most needed.

-End Quote-

The woman was there to 'monitor' the kids...and is instructed only to report problems on the bus...after the fact.
Add to that fact that this woman was out numbered, physically and sexually threatened with violence; her home was threatened with vandalism...and she absolutely would have been sued by the pathetic parents of these pathetic punks, were she to have responded to their behavior in kind.

Your just feeling sorry for an old lady who failed at her job.. Wtf does she need to get paid all that money for? Old people get cussed out everyday, my point is, as "Monitor" she failed at every aspect of the job. The kids weren't even in their seatbelts..... I dont feel sorry for her at all, she shouldnt have offered to take that possition

Okay, I'll take the bait here...
The woman did not fail at her job (as you say).
REMEMBER:
It was one of the kids in the seat across from her, who filmed this entire sad episode...and the woman knew she was being filmed.

IMAGINE the highly-edited version that kid would've put up on YouTube, had the woman actually responded with anger or reacted in kind to her tomentors. You know as well as I that she would've lost her job...at the very least.

This brings into question WHY was the video posted by the kid in the first place (It was HIS video...from HIS camera-phone). OBVIOUSLY, it was because the little sh-t was actually PROUD of it...and couldn't wait to show all of his friends! THAT fact, my very young friend, makes this entire episode...and the kids responsible for it, even more pathetic!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1

Karens response below was great, and most likely the standard way to deal with it, as she has been instructed.

When asked what she planned to do about it, she said, "Nothing, just let the school handle it."

Anyone who can advocate beating the holy hell out of children as a great response seems out of whack to me.

Gotta wonder about a society who brags about about beating the crap out of children as a means to discipline.(I'm not talking a mild spanking here either)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by amongus

Her fund is now at $250,000.

While the kids should be forever tormented for what they did, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to Karen.

I donated as well...

Wish I didn't donate.

in a way, giving 250,000 to a woman like that boggles my mind...and leaves me with many emotions..

if we had this type of compassion all the freaking time, no one would be hungry, no one would be sad,
no one would lash out at others in pain...we'd all be enjoying life too much to feel hatred towards each other for ANY reason..

EVERYONE should receive the karen treatment, we have ALL been through this scenario...

I agree Sir, spread the wealth around and donate to good charities when ya can.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I think you have misread the post. I have never beat my children and do not agree with that type of discipline. I was agreeing, that I have to, brought my children up to respect their elders.

But if my daughter or son had witnessed that on a bus at that age. I would have hoped they would have come to that elderly lady's defense. Even just to call 911.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Karens response below was great, and most likely the standard way to deal with it, as she has been instructed.

Anyone who can advocate beating the holy hell out of children as a great response seems out of whack to me.

Gotta wonder about a society who brags about about beating the crap out of children as a means to discipline.(I'm not talking a mild spanking here either)

You misread Bigfatfurry's and Mysterious Eyes' points.
BFFB was refering to how HIS child (assuming that he/she is same age as these kids) would have beaten the heck out of the bullies, were he the one on the bus being tomented.

MysteriousEyes was in agreement.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I do not want to say what this women should have, could have done. I wasn't there, I am not her and I do not criticize her for her reaction. Have you ever seen the older generation shake their head at us, or younger generations? I have. I will not arm chair quarterback her as I have not experienced what she has in her life.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I am talking about peer accountability.

When i went to school it was a smallish school. Graduating class around 60. Bullying was rampant when I was in junior high, with the high schoolers really giving it to under classmen badly. It had gone on forever, and was institutionalized.

When I was a sophomore, I was the biggest and strongest kid in my school. And I got tired of seeing the weaker classmates being picked on by my team mates. The teachers were mostly powerless to stop it, as you cannot be everywhere all the time, and most bullying is subtle. So I stopped it. Over the rest of my high school years my actions in bullying the bullies grew, and school became a place that everyone kind of enjoyed.

Peer accountability is the only way to get to kids who don't respect authority. My own son was bullied, and the schools couldn't stop it. So he stopped it (he is bigger/taller than me already).

Is violence ever the preferred method to deal with things? Nope. But that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be on the table for people who can't seem to speak the language of reason. My Creator gifted me twice. I am smart enough to rely on brains, but big and strong enough to have a failsafe when I am met with an unreasonable opposition.
edit on 21-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Originally posted by yourmaker

Her fund is now at $250,000.

While the kids should be forever tormented for what they did, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to Karen.

I donated as well...

Wish I didn't donate.

in a way, giving 250,000 to a woman like that boggles my mind...and leaves me with many emotions..

if we had this type of compassion all the freaking time, no one would be hungry, no one would be sad,
no one would lash out at others in pain...we'd all be enjoying life too much to feel hatred towards each other for ANY reason..

EVERYONE should receive the karen treatment, we have ALL been through this scenario...

I agree Sir, spread the wealth around and donate to good charities when ya can.

We ARE a compassionate people...in spite of the aberrations which occaisionally surface in forms similar to this sad episode involving these pathetic miscreant children.

I hope the woman makes a million from this fund. People are contributing BECAUSE they see a gross injustice...and choose to take the direct and open venue of the fund in order to register their disgust for these kids and their behavior, show their compassion...and in a small manner, help to right a very big wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Humans are very compassionate by nature. But the problem with children is their underdeveloped capacity for abstract thought. To be able to put yourself in someone else's shoes.

I think it is also related to their overall lack of personal experience, which gives context to help them understand how it feels when bad things happen or are said.

As it relates to these kids, I would bet that you have 1 true sociopath in the group that is a little bit more charismatic than the others. And the others are just simply "followers". With kids doing bad things like that, you often just have a few idiots following a ring leader.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I think you have misread the post. I have never beat my children and do not agree with that type of discipline. I was agreeing, that I have to, brought my children up to respect their elders.

But if my daughter or son had witnessed that on a bus at that age. I would have hoped they would have come to that elderly lady's defense. Even just to call 911.

My apologies if I took your post in the wrong way, and I totally understand what you are saying.

Any parent who teaches their children to intervene on behalf of others, is teaching them well.

Sometimes you do need to use wisdom and discretion though, because kids (even adults) can get payback for doing the right thing as well, which is so sad.

There was a 21 year old that was shot to death here after a nightclub incident where he intervened on behalf of a stranger getting beaten on by two others.

It made me worry about my son, because he is the type to say something , and though I admire his courage in wanting to step into a situation where 3 guys are giving serious boots to the head of some poor guy lying on the floor, with no way out ,(even if it is just verbally telling them to stop) I don't want to see him get shot over it.

*sighs* Whats unfortunate is that the kids who care, can sometimes have to deal with retribution, and it can be severe at times, so wisdom and discretion has to be applied as well.

Once again my apologies for taking your words out of context, and I wish you and your family a good life.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Totally agree. When things happen such as this and there is such an outpouring of compassion it gives me faith in humanity again.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I can understand peer accountability, and I guess fear of physical retribution is the way some learn to be careful about what they do.

Yet that can go overboard as well, depending on numbers, etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You misread Bigfatfurry's and Mysterious Eyes' points. BFFB was refering to how HIS child (assuming that he/she is same age as these kids) would have beaten the heck out of the bullies, were he the one on the bus being tomented. MysteriousEyes was in agreement.

yup ..I realize that now.. but thanks for pointing that out.

I really don't like misunderstanding what people are saying, and its nice that someone cares enough to set me straight

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thank you for the apology. I can understand the mix-up with words. I do it often when I am trying to explain something to my husband. lol

My son, at the age of 16, was with his friends and he fell behind them. There was a bad group of boys following them out of the baseball park and they ambushed my son and sucker punched him in which broke his jaw. I was so shocked, hurt and extremely angry about this. There was nothing we could do. We didn't have their names.

My daughter at the age of 21 went to a club and was pushed off the stage where she was dancing with her friends by a girl she didn't know and all because the girls boyfriend looked at her. She broke her arm. Again we could not do anything about it.

So to me if children are 11 and 12 are acting like this towards their elders. They should have counselling and discipline before they really hurt someone. If left unpunished, how will they behave as adults? Scary thought..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

I can understand peer accountability, and I guess fear of physical retribution is the way some learn to be careful about what they do.

Yet that can go overboard as well, depending on numbers, etc.

This is the way I put it to my son: if you are assaulted, you use more force than is necessary. The purpose is to make sure that the assault stops immediately, and to send a message to other exploitative people that you are no target.

This applies to verbal and physical attacks. He is a very smart kid with a very sharp tongue. If it is verbal jabs you want to exchange, he only knows uppercuts.

As it relates to physical, he was explained that you cannot retaliate, only react. This means that if he is hit, and then lets minutes pass before acting, then it was not defense, it was assault. If, however, his action is within seconds of the assault, it is self defense. The Constitution allows for this, and the school over looked its long standing zero tolerance policy for fighting because I was willing to exert the human right of self defense. The result was, a kid would hit/touch him, he would clobber them (and any friends who thought they needed to defend the poor kid who decided to instigate), and then report it to the principle. The principle would then put the attacker (and any cohorts) into Alternative school and send my son to the restroom to clean up his knuckles.

I am not talking mob mentality. I am talking using force when force is necessary. Not all humans are civilized, and can act quite like the animal. To communicate effectively, you have to use the language they speak. If that happens to be fists, then learn to speak it well.

ETA: funny thing...he went about it like it was just business. And the way he handled this brief period of his scholastic career earned him a lot of respect from teachers. And lets be honest, teachers like seeing those snot nosed bullies "get what they deserve". The school kept the whole thing hush hush, to prevent having to rewrite policies. But we are both well liked among the local ISD because of our action and discretion.
edit on 21-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

To me it looks like she did something to make these kids hate her, i want to hear the kids reason for doing this before i go judging whats normal and not normal for a 11-12 year old's actions, your right about a fat joke or two, but this sounded more of an attack. Sooo i'd like to know what she did. They filmed her for a reason, and she was quiet... Maybe she did something off camera?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join